CALNET Employee Reviews

Good place to work, on site at SPAWAR
Operations Support Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: SPAWAR work site was top-notch
Cons: unprofessional supervisors
Non-supportive on-site management, too much employee turnaround, supervisors lack people-handling skills and tact. Supervisors lack college degree in the field of computer science. Lack of cohesiveness and sense of teamwork due to no support from site management, which works too closely and in agreement with government employees and "leadership". Lack of communication from supervisors and most were left on their own to find out how things are done on many instances. Lack of training and too many certifications required for positions that have nothing to do with the type of certifications one needs to have.
Position was changed mid swing
Personal Security Specialist (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: personnel security part
Cons: scope of work
I loved doing Personnel security; boss was great. The company as a whole had some things management was doing that I did not trust or necessarily agree with. The reason I had to leave was because my job requirement changed from doing Personnel security to driver, having passengers that were candidates. I did not agree with it and requested this change to stop. I signed up to be a Personnel Security Specialist and not a driver. This was out of the scope of my agreement. the company would not change it and I gave my two week notice.
very productive
Interpreter/Security Force Protection/Escort (Former Employee), Fort Irwin CaliforniaOctober 3, 2014
Pros: also 3 times a day free meal and transportation from home to work
Cons: health benifits bonuses
Loved working for calnet as an Interpreter and cultural Advisor for over a year had great time working with them in Fort Irwin California at US Army base
Good software development work
Telecom Software Engineer (Former Employee), Germantown, MDFebruary 21, 2014
Got opportunity to work on good wireless development , TDMA and LDMS system.
Good cok formpany to wor
Quality Control Arabic Linguist (Former Employee), Reston, VAJanuary 29, 2014
It was different from what I was doing before and excited.
I had to leave to get married on January 2011.
Verry good Benefits
Interpreter & Role (Former Employee), CaliforniaNovember 25, 2013
its nice opportunity to give training to U.S. army who they Protect our Land, I'd like to give my soul for who give me there trust!
Linguist, CAT III (Former Employee), Reston, VAOctober 31, 2013
This a great company, I get my security clearance through, also it give me the chance to serve my country
Well managed working environment with emphasis on meeting target assignments
Arabic Linguist (Former Employee), GTMO - US Naval StationOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great opportunity to excell
Adaptation to multitasking work environment

Gain of additional exposure to new skills
Productive and learning place to work for.
Accountant (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 1, 2013
Calnet is a good company to work for. Good place to enhance your knowledge and very interested in employee career advancement.
military training company
Linguist/Role Player (Current Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: hotel, food, per diem
Cons: cut pay and no health benefits.
Work with military personnel daily. I learned to work in a stressful environment with many different managers giving different orders. Co -workers were all from same background as a for linguist go. Hardest part at times was working far from home. The most enjoyable part was traveling.
i was working with the military civilian it was so fun,
Translator (Former Employee), fort Irwin US ArmyFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: free lounches
Cons: we have normal breaks
nice work place worked for contractor with the military they were so respected and was fun,good management co workers very nice the hardest part when i was working in the desert in winter very cold or in summer very hot, working with military was very fun
We could only do recreational activities at our free times
Arabic Linguist for the US troops in Iraq (Former Employee), VAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: we had free residence, meals, and transportation.
Cons: all vices were prohibited.
It very great to me to have worked with our troops in war environment! Every seemed to very serious in accomplishing his/her job, since the job was mainly about the safety and security in Iraq in general. The was kind of team work, and everybody helped everybody whenever he/she is overwhelmed. There were times when we celebrated and had fun too.
The Life
Role Player (Current Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 5, 2013
Role play as if you live in the area you're assigned and train marines. You are given a role that you play and enact with the marines. You work with different people and are assigned into groups.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Senior Collection / Mission Manager (Current Employee), Augusta, GANovember 8, 2012
Watchstanding in the premier field site in Augusta, Georgia
Outstanding professionals
Mid Watches
3-days off per week
4 10-hour days/nights
something new everday
worked with militry officals. (Current Employee), Taxes,CA,etcSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: working with commanders, and great people
Cons: saying good bye's and the living conditions.
Working with the Military is both fun and hard,I didn't know how much these men and woman put into saving us in this country and every other. I have learned to be strong and proud of who I am and where I want to be.Running around with them and seeing how smart and motivated they are in bring peace and happiness to all. Working by their side has been an awesome job I have ever had.After working with a group of wonderful people that are trying to make it a better place for all of us,well saying GOOD BYE wasn't too easy as they get ready to go to war.Our prayers are with them all.
PRODUCTIVE AND A LOT OF FUN WORKING WITH THE US ARMY.
Role Player / Linguist (Current Employee), FT RILEY, KS, AND FT IRWIN, CAAugust 19, 2012
Pros: we can choose our food and break times.
Cons: none.
THE JOB IS SO EASY, AND NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, IT CAN BE HANDLED WITH EASE.
I LEARNED THE ARMY WAY OF SURVIVAL.
THE MANAGERS ARE SO GOOD AND NICE TO WORK WITH.
ALMOST ALL OF MY COLEAGES WERE PRETY GOOD.
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT WORKING WITH THE ARMY WAS STAYING AWAY FROM HOME FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS TO SHAE THE FOOD, THE PLACE WHERE TO SLEEP, AND BE ONE FAMILY AT WORK.
Great Place.
Pashto Linguist (Former Employee), Cuba, MOAugust 16, 2012
Pros: serving usa
Cons: away from my family
The work I did there is classified. I worked as a pashto linguist.
Great company
Department of Defence Contractor (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 30, 2012
I enjoyed working with Calnet in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. I partnered with Calnet and the military to maintain and complete the mission in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Very Good Job
Linguist Instructor interpretor Culture Advisor (Current Employee), IndianaApril 16, 2012
Pros: respect displince really good wage
working at calnet is a friendly experience everyone is very professional and the job requires a lot of hard work the most enjoyable part of my job is to teach someone a new langauge or culture
Good company
Senior linguist (Current Employee), Arlington vaFebruary 22, 2012
Good company to work for, good management, as well as good benefits, including health insurance and 401k company match