Caloptima Employee Reviews

Work
Manager, Claims (Analytics) (Current Employee) –  OraSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoy working at CalOptima. They management is excellent and the employees are friendly. the environment and culture are excellent. The employees are treated with respect.
Good Pay & Benefits
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 2, 2017
Overall tolerable, good pay (start is $21) and benefits. A lot of nice employees that genuinely care and like what they do but dont get recognized. Management is kinda bad, they can be smug and self consumed. If you don't have a big title (and they LOVE their titles), you are not respected. They will single you and make it obvious you are not the "favorite".
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Will only promote within if you know the right people. Management needs MAJOR attiutde adjustment.
No Comments
Member Services Contractor - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 25, 2017
I would like to leave no comments as I was there for less than a year before I worked for LA Care.
I was only there for only few months so I would leave this portion unwritten.
Great place9
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work at and great benefits. Nice working environment a lot of employee development. Great retiring packages and good flexible schedules
Training Program Coordinator (Claims) (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 26, 2017
Cal Optima is a good place to work as it provides services for medicare and medicaid members in CA
This is a very valuable service that CO offers as there are so many people in Orange County who need this protection
Pros
town hall meetings quarterly
Cons
overtime occasionally
managment and supervisor
None (Former Employee) –  OrangeApril 24, 2017
I am sadden to write that the department I worked in is dysfunctional. Supervisor lacks experience and leadership; and is retaliates when you staff speaks up. Also favoritism.
Pros
9/80 schedule and holidays
Cons
communication
Wonderful!
Member Liaison Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 18, 2017
CalOptima is a very good place to work. Advancement opportunity is huge since there are more than 30 departments in the company. Benefits are a plus to it!
Excellent benefits and flexible work schedule
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 25, 2017
Excellent benefits and flexible work schedule (9/80). If you are looking for career advancement, this may not be the right employer for you since most employees tend to retire at 65 due to pension package.
Very unethical and unprofessional enviroment
Claims Resolution Specialist-Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Orange, CA 92868March 8, 2017
Management is unsupported. Many are in place due to longevity as opposed to qualifications for the position. Favoritism rules, if you are not liked, you will not advance.
Pros
Some good co workers
Cons
Short pay
Negative and old culture
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Great work life balance. Management good in certain pockets of the company. Culture is very good and bad. Great work life balance. Old culture not very forward thinking. Reactive culture rather than proactive.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Short on pay
Good culture, mission driven work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Good staff, mission driven work. Great benefits. Very old fashioned environment.

Hardest part of the job is the bureaucracy.

There are two types of employees there: the "long timers" who have been there 10+ years and the new staff. There is hardly anyone in the middle.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no parking, old fashioned environment
Friendly, Fun and Growth is allowed
Customer Service Representative Sr (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 7, 2016
This is a great place to work. Management is friendly and encouraging and always seeking ways to develop you. Typical day would included answering calls and assisting members with their benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits and helping the community is rewarding
Cons
Workload can be overwhelming
Good
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 21, 2016
Caloptima was a great company to work for and have nothing bad to say...Very happy while there.

Good benefits, and HR is always there to help
Growing company with many positions to explore as they grow!
Clinical Auditor Senior (Current Employee) –  Orange, CA 92868February 22, 2016
Awesome company to work for! Super supportive management team with an open door policy always. That includes the CEO, who is always available to all staff.
Pros
Flexible schedules and very supportive management team.
respectable work place and friendly
MAA/ liaison (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 8, 2016
I created a program in Caloptima called in home supportive service in which i worked along side soical service agency. I help aged, blind and disable members be able to stay in their own homes and not have to go to a nursing facility. I love my job because im able to help someone daily which brings me joy and a smile on my face. My co-workers are amazing everyone helps eachother when needed. The hardest part about my job is when a member gets denied for the program because they do not meet the criteria for the program. I learned in this job that there is alot of people out there that are unaware of all the support they have a services they can quilify for.
Pros
Happy people to work with
Cons
no cons
A great company for work life balance
Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 28, 2015
CalOptima is a great company to have a work life balance. My management personally was very helpful and has a lot of knowledge in the managed healthcare as managed healthcare can be very complicated. CalOptima is a public agency so making decisions was a slow process and communication was a challenge to their lower staff level. My most enjoyable part of my job was my teammates and how well we worked together.
Pros
Teammates
Cons
Communication from upper management
Very Great Place to work at
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 6, 2015
A company that takes care of their own. great benefits including medical and pensions. Growing at a great place therefore a great place for opportunities.
Team Oriented Culture
Sr. Financial Analyst, Finance Department (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 19, 2015
Caloptima is an excellent organization to work at. There is a team focused culture in the organization. Excellent work/life balance. Great benefits. Its a pleasure to go to work everyday.
Pros
Free soda machine, 9/80 work schedule
great
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 1, 2015
great company to work for, benefits are great and co-workers are great too. Very professional and has lots of opportunities to grow
CalOptima
Program Specialist Audit & Oversight (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 2, 2015
CalOptima is a great company going through a lot of changes. With all of the new laws, there will continue to be constant change.
Pros
CalPers
Cons
too much change