Caloptima Employee Reviews

Very unethical and unprofessional enviroment
Claims Resolution Specialist-Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Orange, CA 92868March 8, 2017
Management is unsupported. Many are in place due to longevity as opposed to qualifications for the position. Favoritism rules, if you are not liked, you will not advance.
Pros
Some good co workers
Cons
Short pay
Negative and old culture
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Great work life balance. Management good in certain pockets of the company. Culture is very good and bad. Great work life balance. Old culture not very forward thinking. Reactive culture rather than proactive.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Short on pay
Good culture, mission driven work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Good staff, mission driven work. Great benefits. Very old fashioned environment.

Hardest part of the job is the bureaucracy.

There are two types of employees there: the "long timers" who have been there 10+ years and the new staff. There is hardly anyone in the middle.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no parking, old fashioned environment
Friendly, Fun and Growth is allowed
Customer Service Representative Sr (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 7, 2016
This is a great place to work. Management is friendly and encouraging and always seeking ways to develop you. Typical day would included answering calls and assisting members with their benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits and helping the community is rewarding
Cons
Workload can be overwhelming
Good
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 21, 2016
Caloptima was a great company to work for and have nothing bad to say...Very happy while there.

Good benefits, and HR is always there to help
Growing company with many positions to explore as they grow!
Clinical Auditor Senior (Current Employee) –  Orange, CA 92868February 22, 2016
Awesome company to work for! Super supportive management team with an open door policy always. That includes the CEO, who is always available to all staff.
Pros
Flexible schedules and very supportive management team.
respectable work place and friendly
MAA/ liaison (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 8, 2016
I created a program in Caloptima called in home supportive service in which i worked along side soical service agency. I help aged, blind and disable members be able to stay in their own homes and not have to go to a nursing facility. I love my job because im able to help someone daily which brings me joy and a smile on my face. My co-workers are amazing everyone helps eachother when needed. The hardest part about my job is when a member gets denied for the program because they do not meet the criteria for the program. I learned in this job that there is alot of people out there that are unaware of all the support they have a services they can quilify for.
Pros
Happy people to work with
Cons
no cons
A great company for work life balance
Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 28, 2015
CalOptima is a great company to have a work life balance. My management personally was very helpful and has a lot of knowledge in the managed healthcare as managed healthcare can be very complicated. CalOptima is a public agency so making decisions was a slow process and communication was a challenge to their lower staff level. My most enjoyable part of my job was my teammates and how well we worked together.
Pros
Teammates
Cons
Communication from upper management
Very Great Place to work at
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 6, 2015
A company that takes care of their own. great benefits including medical and pensions. Growing at a great place therefore a great place for opportunities.
Team Oriented Culture
Sr. Financial Analyst, Finance Department (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 19, 2015
Caloptima is an excellent organization to work at. There is a team focused culture in the organization. Excellent work/life balance. Great benefits. Its a pleasure to go to work everyday.
Pros
Free soda machine, 9/80 work schedule
Cons

Want to know more about Caloptima?

Ask a question
great
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 1, 2015
great company to work for, benefits are great and co-workers are great too. Very professional and has lots of opportunities to grow
CalOptima
Program Specialist Audit & Oversight (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 2, 2015
CalOptima is a great company going through a lot of changes. With all of the new laws, there will continue to be constant change.
Pros
CalPers
Cons
too much change
Daily Duties
Member Liaison Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 21, 2014
Daily Duties:
Audits
Managed a staff of 15
DHCS Cases
Coordination of care case for aged, blind, and disabled population.
Great pay but horrible management and unprofessional environment
Project Coordinator & Exec. Admin. Asst. (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 5, 2014
If you'd like to return to high school and don't mind the immature antics created by not only employees but management then this is the place to work. Management does a horrible job of telling you that you're performance is great to then turn around and write you up for something. Completely unprofessional, unethical work environment, and if you come in as a temp don't expect to be hired for at least 6-9 months as a fulltime employee.
Pros
Pay is very competitive
Cons
Everything else!!!
Great history
Collections (Current Employee) –  Orange ca.August 21, 2013
Would love to work here's rear comute feet people work here everyone is knowledgable flexible
Pros
Great food
Cons
Great drive
internship that helped me gain valuable experience to work in a professional healthcare environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 1, 2013
I was only there as a inter for a 6 month stint but it was valuable experience. CalOptima is a non profit organization that helps families who need healthcare services. The management is focused on helping the people of Orange County and I wish I could have stayed there longer.
Caloptima
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 19, 2013
Here in Caloptima is has given so much expirience in working with all different types of wonderful people. I love the idea that its an everyday learning experience
Enjoyable place to work
HEDIS reviewer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CaliforniaJanuary 21, 2013
Review patients record look for HEDIS relevant information and complete record.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caloptima. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2