An anatomic pathology laboratory in the South Bay area looking for a full-time clinical laboratory scientist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform molecular tests.
- Analyze retrieved data.
- Report findings.
- Perform equipment maintenance.
- Successfully complete regular proficiency tests or analyte/procedure surveys.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Significant user knowledge of laboratory equipment such as thermal cyclers, centrifuges and pipettes.
- Considerable knowledge of laboratory policies and procedures.
- Proficient skill to perform related lab tests.
- Significant user knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve recurring problems.
Credentials and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science Degree.
- Two years of related laboratory experience preferred.
- A current and valid California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist License.