CalsonicKansei North America Inc.

CalsonicKansei North America Inc. Employee Reviews

learn how to work in a fast pace environment.
production tech (Former Employee), canton msJuly 18, 2015
you a very educated on working as a team, how resolve quality issues and reading broadcast sheets by code. how to perform in a fast pace
Fast paced company
Production Technician (Current Employee), Lewisburg, TNJuly 18, 2015
It's a fast pace environment.I run a machine building plastic car parts while watching for defects.i get along with my co-workers
Great company but advancement is slow.
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNJuly 2, 2015
Great company but advancement is slow. It has great benefits and many tenured employees. Great opportunities to work closely with the customers first hand.
Not a Company with organization
Production Technician (Former Employee), Smyrna TNMay 19, 2015
The company is not great at all this company to work for..hardly no advancement they make up rules as they go. I learned the assembly line. The management changes very often. co workers are ok the hardest pat of the job is dealing with management. the most enjoyable honestly i cant say
Productive workplace with great opportunity for overtime
Quality Technician (Former Employee), Lewisburg, TNMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great over-time
Cons: time clock issues
Started day off with meeting. Went to area where quality inspection was needed. Checked all parts. Passed or failed the parts. Detailed report of reasons why parts was failed. Count of all passed and shipped parts. Meeting at end of day to provide all issues as well as example parts of quality issues.
A versatile and must be flexible organization.
Production Technician (Current Employee), Canton, MSFebruary 26, 2015
A versatile and must be flexible organization. This organization afforded me thee opportunity to learn many new operations.
Productive work place
Process Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee), Lewisburg, TNFebruary 21, 2015
Greta company to work for in the automotive industry. TN has many opportunities in Automotive suppliers and OEMs. Calsonic is one of the best in My opinion.
productive and motivation
PROTOTYPE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), 9 holland Irvine Ca.January 31, 2015
Pros: bonus, pic nics. chistmas paties
Cons: n/a
always happy to return to work next day, courses for brazing, maintenance and other type of equipment, Management always motivating employees
decent place.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free christmas and thanksgiving dinner. also production bonuses.
Cons: short breaks.
No a bad place at all to work if you live 5 minutes away.. Benefits are second to none.
production work
Production Technician (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay scale
Cons: projects
The leaders were not good. The company that represented me let me down. The work environment had a lot to be fixed for health.
Bad place to work
Tech (Current Employee), Shelbyville, TNNovember 20, 2014
Cons: breaks are only 10 min., lunch 30, you get to eat unhealthy vending unless you bring in your lunch
The exhaust plant is not a good place to work. First, let me say that if you value your ability to breath, this is not the place for you. Everything there is covered in black dust, the fans blow the black dust particles in your face, the sanders spit metal particles in your face and you breath them in, and trust me, you need fans to work there... there is no ventilation or exhaust system to pull the air up and out.. you can stand in the plant and see the air thick with dirt. It is not good for your health. A number of people that work there complain of respiratory ailments. I myself have never – more... had such a hard time breathing, my lungs feel like they are on fire the whole time I am there. I cant wait to find a better work environment and leave this place.
The environment is very racist, the employees that have been there a long time are slackers and do more socializing than work. If you like using your brain, this is not the place for you, you are hired from the neck down only. The machines are constantly broken down, you get blamed for scrap that happens when it is due to the machinery breaking down, not being cleaned and maintained properly. I have never seen so much clock milking as I have seen there nor heard "it's not my job" or 'I don't get paid to do that", as I have heard there. They do not care how bored you are, and the employees have no incentive to care. They pay lower than any other plant and cap out lower than most plants start you out. – less
NEEDS POSTIVE PEOPLE IN LEADERSHIP POSTION.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Canton, MSNovember 9, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: no family time
THIS COMPANY YOU DO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ADVANCE AND MOVE AROUND. THEY DO HAVE STRICT POINT SYSTEM THAT CAN EASILY GET YOU TERMINATED. THERE IS REALLY NO LIFE OUTSIDE OF CALSONIC. MEANING THAT THEY ARE VERY DEMANDING ABOUT EMPLOYEES BEING THERE NO MATTER THE SITUATIONS.
Bad Management
Production Tech I (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNOctober 27, 2014
Barely any benefits. Horrible management. Treat workers like slaves. Might get 3 breaks 1 day next day get only your lunch break. Tell you they will hire you on permanent after 6 months. after those 6 months they will never hire you. its a dead end job.
High Stress work
Production Planner/Buyer (Current Employee), Lewisburg, TNSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours and high stress
Continuous stress and long hours, I am very unhappy working at this company.
stressful and they dont care anything about their employees
Production Technician for Exhaust Division (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free tshirts sometimes
Cons: long hours, racisim, stressful and you are nothing but a number
typical day starts at 6 am and ends at 7 pm you are moved from job to job to stay busy because their machines are always breaking down. if you child is sick hope you have a 2nd 3rd and 4th backup plan because they want you there regardless of ANYTHING if not they will find reasons to fire you or push you out the door.
place will drain the life out of
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), lewisburg TNSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: all the overtime u want or be fired if u don t want it
Cons: poor management
start out with a senseless meeting, management tells workers how they can t keep up production and want to know why, so be prepared to work the weekend all weekend. What I have learned at CKNA H R does not care and are never there. My coworkers start out great , but after a week they become discourage and lazy after management tells them they are failures everyday. the hardest part of my job is being lied to by management everyday. the most enjoyable part of my job is going home
most weekends off
provisionally line tech (Current Employee), Smyrna TnAugust 13, 2014
Pros: it's a job, starting pay is low for current new employees
Cons: job turn around is high
Starting pay to low and top pay to low , based on what we do there should pay more . Takes to long to get hired on as a line tech and lack of benefits ,everyone is consider provisional line tech to further notice , to many people bs all shift and play with there cell phones all shift and get away with it , and some people not working at all and just look at you .
Lacking Appreciation
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lewisburg, TNAugust 13, 2014
As a production worker, I was given the impression upon interview Calsonic was a "community based" company that thought well of employees. Not one to be fearful of long hours and hard work, I was dedicated. I was worked with unpaid wages for 4 weeks and left upon HR's and Company's lack of determination to correct the situation.
Employees are continually forced to work in grossly unsafe conditions. Management that is willing to correct situations and conditions are few and far between.
The only benefit to this company is a higher wage than most local employment provides.
Great company with great benefits and work-life balance.
Human Resources Generalist of OD&T (Current Employee), Shelbyville, TNJuly 29, 2014
Calsonic is a great company to start out with and get your feet wet in the real world.
Productive workplace
Producion Technician (Former Employee), Canton, MSJuly 20, 2014
Pros: assembly line
Cons: no good benefits
A good place to work for as a supplier of Nissan. I worked on the dashboard on the truck line. I hooked all the connections to the radio and inserted it into the dashboard when finished. I also build the steering wheel columns for the trucks and installed them as well. Lastly, I worked a load assist that lifted the dashboard off the assembly line onto a pallet that shipped the dashboard to Nissan to place in the vehicles. The workers were fun to work around. The hardest part was being working longer hours than Nissan so that we will not be the reason Nissan goes down and has to stop the line. The most enjoyable part were the coworkers and managers.

CalsonicKansei North America Inc. Salaries