CalsonicKansei North America Inc.

CalsonicKansei North America Inc. Employer Reviews

place will drain the life out of
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), lewisburg TNSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: all the overtime u want or be fired if u don t want it
Cons: poor management
start out with a senseless meeting, management tells workers how they can t keep up production and want to know why, so be prepared to work the weekend all weekend. What I have learned at CKNA H R does not care and are never there. My coworkers start out great , but after a week they become discourage and lazy after management tells them they are failures – more... everyday. the hardest part of my job is being lied to by management everyday. the most enjoyable part of my job is going home – less
most weekends off
provisionally line tech (Current Employee), Smyrna TnAugust 13, 2014
Pros: it's a job, starting pay is low for current new employees
Cons: job turn around is high
Starting pay to low and top pay to low , based on what we do there should pay more . Takes to long to get hired on as a line tech and lack of benefits ,everyone is consider provisional line tech to further notice , to many people bs all shift and play with there cell phones all shift and get away with it , and some people not working at all and just – more... look at you . – less
Lacking Appreciation
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lewisburg, TNAugust 13, 2014
As a production worker, I was given the impression upon interview Calsonic was a "community based" company that thought well of employees. Not one to be fearful of long hours and hard work, I was dedicated. I was worked with unpaid wages for 4 weeks and left upon HR's and Company's lack of determination to correct the situation.
Employees are continually – more... forced to work in grossly unsafe conditions. Management that is willing to correct situations and conditions are few and far between.
The only benefit to this company is a higher wage than most local employment provides. – less
Great company with great benefits and work-life balance.
Human Resources Generalist of OD&T (Current Employee), Shelbyville, TNJuly 29, 2014
Calsonic is a great company to start out with and get your feet wet in the real world.
Productive workplace
Producion Technician (Former Employee), Canton, MSJuly 20, 2014
Pros: assembly line
Cons: no good benefits
A good place to work for as a supplier of Nissan. I worked on the dashboard on the truck line. I hooked all the connections to the radio and inserted it into the dashboard when finished. I also build the steering wheel columns for the trucks and installed them as well. Lastly, I worked a load assist that lifted the dashboard off the assembly line onto – more... a pallet that shipped the dashboard to Nissan to place in the vehicles. The workers were fun to work around. The hardest part was being working longer hours than Nissan so that we will not be the reason Nissan goes down and has to stop the line. The most enjoyable part were the coworkers and managers. – less
Operating heavy equipment was a great experience. Fun job!
Production Tech (Former Employee), Lewisburg, TNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free cold drinks
Cons: delivering equipment
I learned many skills working at H.G. Rental. Equipment maintenance, landscaping, customer service, and accounting were all part of my job. Very satisfying!
Just work, no play! Robots!
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Canton, MSJune 10, 2014
Pros: overtime hours, weeknds off
Cons: pay minimum, no pto, rude management
Management is a hand full, but if we didn't max out at a certain pay grade I would be happier. Also, if we could get PTO and sick days it would be a retirement job for me.
Work overload
HR (Former Employee), tennesseeJune 1, 2014
Pros: great health insurance
This company does not allow you to have any work/life balance. I would have given it 2 stars but the webpage would not let me select only 2. You are given more work than any one person can handle with no assistance from upper management even when it is requested. This company does not provide you with the tools and resource to be successful in your – more... field. I have worked along with all employees from engineers to hourly employees working on the line and the poor work culture as well as the high stress level is consistent. The company is constantly fighting fires instead of investing in their employees to make improvements. – less
Productive place and a great place to meet new people.
Production Technician (Current Employee), Canton, MSMay 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks and all day standing on your feet
A typical day at Calsonic Kansei is very long and fast paced. I learn a lot about cars and trucks that I never knew. Working there is very eye opening because you are building actual cars and trucks and the smallest defect can affect the customer and the company. The thing that I enjoy most is seeing my co-workers that I have gotten close to and our – more... lasting friendships outside of the plant. Overall it is an ok job but not a permanent career choice. – less
Good workplace with benifits and job security
Production Technician (Current Employee), Shelbyville, TNApril 4, 2014
-Very little predictability regarding work obligations
-Very young and underdeveloped management
- Co-workers are dependable
- Toughest part of the job is the first year
- Best part of the job is the good pay and benifits
Okay work that kept moving
Line Technician (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNFebruary 21, 2014
The work wasn't to bad, but it always seemed like there was some kind of drama or gossip going around. Employees seemed like they just wanted to get each other fired to climb the ladder and management didn't want to intervene.
The worst job I ever had.
Network Specialist II (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSDecember 26, 2013
My manager and his director did not disclose when I was hired that they were in the process of shutting down the site I was hired to provide support to. So after being employed for only three months the announcement was made company-wide. Compensation was dismal, and procurement of replacement hardware/software was hideously slow.

I would recommend – more... folks to stay away from this company. – less
work with no family time
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lewisburg, TNJuly 23, 2013
good pay lots of good people but work more than home...fast pace all day standing no sit down jobs,
Ok
Welder, machine operator. (Former Employee), shelbyville tnApril 10, 2013
Learned a lot. Good environment. Good people. Good bosses.
Great place to work for!
Engineering Co-op (Current Employee), Lewisburg, TNMarch 11, 2013
Wonderfull workplace! Strong Values in the company and they are progressing greatly with andvancing technology.
Overall a great place to work.
EMC Project Engineer (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: not very organized
Overall a great place to work. Benefits are good and salary is good as well. Only con is that there is little structure in terms of employee responsibilities.
job
Machine Operator/Fork Lift Operator/Welder (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: unfair judgement
Implementing programs for safety.Operated robots that produced automobil convertors,forklift driver,machine operator ,inspector,and shipping and receiving.
good place to work.The pay is good & benefits are great
welder/robot&machine operator (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNMarch 29, 2012
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: everyone made the same amount an hour
If you like to work alot of hours then this is the place for you.They work alot of overtime.
great place to work
Production operative / welder (Former Employee), Sunderland, ENGJuly 23, 2014
loved this job very challenging always on the go great staff shame about job security
very enjoyable
Machine Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Sunderland, ENGJanuary 24, 2014
fast pace work enviroment assemble line for car manufacturing work