CalsonicKansei North America Inc. Employee Reviews

high stress, fast pace, and long hours
Production Supervisor Nissan Plant Truck CPM line (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 17, 2017
salary only get a start 40 hours and your actual work is 50 to 60 or more. constant stress for more and faster with little or no help, turn over of team member is very high.
Pros
benefits, off site health clinic
Cons
long hours and no pay for salary, no work life balance
Good place to work if you like factory work and overtime
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNAugust 8, 2017
The facility is very loud and very hot. It is fast paced work. You handle hot jigs. They tend to move you from one job to another as needed instead of keeping you at one position until you have been thoroughly trained on it. You don't receive any paid time off until after 18 months.
Pros
Lots of overtime available if you want it.
Cons
You don't get hired on with full time benefits until 18 months
Great people and creative environment.
Manufacturing Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 27, 2017
Great starter job or long term career. Pay is average for the industry. Great people to work with. Lots of freedom to be creative with trying new processes or technology. Not a huge resistance to change. Always striving to improve.
Uncomfortable environment
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSJuly 23, 2017
Management is decent, but the company should participate more in listening to employees more. The schedule is sometimes inconvenient because don't know shift changes until last minute. The workers are underpaid.
Pros
off some weekends
Cons
should be higher salary
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJuly 13, 2017
Calsonic created great networking opportunities, as well as opportunities to advance. The pay was incredible, but there was no balance between work and personal life. Management was wavering and there was always a lot of last minute rules. There are opportunities to learn new things but it's definitely not something you should make a career out of unless you like working for someone.
Pros
Networking and the benefits
Cons
unprofessional and no balance between work and family
Room for improvement
HR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSJuly 2, 2017
This could be a great place to work with new management willing to follow the policies and procedures established by the company. The work environment is toxic, lots of people issues.
Pros
Healthcare Benefit
Cons
Rally nice place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJune 7, 2017
I been working at calsonickansei North America for a year. I think this place it a really nice place to work the staff and everyone is great to work with.
The management wasn't worth it.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNMay 22, 2017
The job wasn't too hard, your average manual labor for the car industry. The management on the other hand was terrible in my eyes, felt as if they didn't care for the employees and were very strict on the minor issues instead of addressing the real ones. Not a bad company to work for, it just simply depends on the location.
Pros
Friendly environment, had company luncheon from time to time
Forklift
Folk Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MS 39046May 18, 2017
This is a great place to work. It can be stressful when there is a lot of call in'.s. I love been busy it's challenging. There is room for advance and the pay is great but they hire you as provisionary.
Fun work place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNMay 13, 2017
I love my job due to working with one crazy lady . I ran three to four wip press and made intake doors. Management there wasn't so great bc they didn't stand up to there word.
Fast paced energized workplace
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSMay 9, 2017
This job helped get me through my last semester of college. Its hard work but you are competitively paid for your work. Time is a very important factor. Production is a MUST!
excellent work environment
Production/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNApril 29, 2017
great supervisors. Comfortable work area, not to hot. If the nissan department didn't close down I would still be there. Money was very good. Team players were great and worked hard to help each other
Pros
good competitive salary
Cons
none I can say
Work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNApril 28, 2017
Management expects you to work a lot. The benefits are great and affordable. They have an onsite clinic. The work environment is stressful. If you give them all of you, you have a job. They forget you have a family, it's hard to balance work and family.
Productive & Friendly workplace environment
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNApril 16, 2017
I really loved working here. All the workers were easy to get along with, very friendly. Had the opportunity to work overtime if you were available. If you had a doctors appointment you were able to go, and bring a note when you came back.
Pros
Leave the factory for lunch or purchase lunch there.
Cons
Sometimes during the summer it got really hot if air conditioning didn't work.
Great experiance
Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 12, 2017
I was always given help when needed, and never had to worry about being in any situation alone. I felt very welcomed into there community of building trucks/cars etc. And making sure they were done to the best of our ability.
Fast and opportunity for overtime.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNApril 11, 2017
I followed a step by step process to make a certain part. I found all the pieces I needed and I put them together with different machines. Usually 700 a day. While I was there I learned how the machine worked and fixed it sometimes when it broke.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
In one spot all day
Not a good place to be salaried
Senior Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSApril 8, 2017
Calsonic was recently bought out by investment bankers and within a few months 40 dedicated, talented and productive managers were terminated because the bankers said profit margins were not big enough.
Cons
Investment banker owner culture. Nobody is safe.
Day in the life of a planner
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNMarch 31, 2017
A typical day as a planner in Calsonic included counting WIP parts each morning, scheduling for the next day, calculating overtime needed, and setting up supplier orders to arrive in a timely fashion.
great company
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 31, 2017
a lot of hours great pay advancement opportunity's great environment easy to catch on how to do the job and they do a great first day thing where they teach you a lot about the job I love this company
Pros
great hours
Cons
super fast pase
Slavery
Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 6, 2017
Terrible working conditions. You are treated as a slave and breaks are cut constantly. You don't matter as a human being. They take time away from break based on what they favor. The pay is terribe. You don't get paid for the hard work that you really do. They favor certain people more than others. If you want to be a zombie this is the place for you. You see Nissan workers go on their Actual breaks where they get treated fairly while Calsonic just slaves you. Management is communism and only will help you for their own benefit. You aren't appreciated as an employee of theirs. My advice to you is LOOK SOMEHWERE ELSE DONT WORK FOR CALSONIC. Nissan does 60 units per hour while we end up doing 70-80 Units per hour. SLAVERYYYY!!!!
Cons
Short Breaks, Work Harder than Nissan Employees, Management lacks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CalsonicKansei North America Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CalsonicKansei North America Inc. Reviews by Location