CalsonicKansei North America Inc. Employee Reviews

Thankless job
Produstion tech (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJanuary 16, 2017
Had been there for 4 years. You are hired as a provisional employee so start out pay is minimal benefits are more expensive for you then for full timers. It takes a year of no absences or no errors in your work that your manager deems fit to not point you There is favoritism through out the company and GOD forbid you get hurt that is a nightmare. Fellow employees care more about you then management or higher ups. You may put your 100% in it because it is a job that pays well but if your not on there favourites list exspect to be just a number and a robot, not a human being that has a family life to take care of and sometimes that stuff happens. It started out great but once they get you in. It is slowly down hill from there. Human resources keeps changing so the rules change to suit them.Good luck.
Pros
Money to be made.
Cons
Not a equal oppurtunity employer
The job is not hard, good pay, but poor management.
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 3, 2017
Opportunities to move up in the company very slim.
Great deal of favoritism.
Benefits are there but they often find ways out of giving them to you.
They use you until their done.
Pros
Decent wages, listen to music
Cons
Loss of breaks, benfits aren't what they say, favortism in management, very poor communication
Great place to start out and establish a career.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, TNFebruary 13, 2017
A great place to begin a career or establish an income in order to find a potential career. It is a place I personally don't find myself in the future.
Pros
More or less laid back with decently flexible schedules.
Cons
Management I feel personally has no working relationship with employees.
Great company but management sucks
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 21, 2016
I worked for Calsonic kansei the work was steady and the pay was good. As for management and upper staff they really need to do some firing. They have their picks and chooses and it's not fair to the next. Some ppl can get away with what ever and the next gets written up for it or pointed out. They come up with rules as they go line leads are messy as ever but they're supposed to be setting examples. If the rules were the same for everyone and management and leads weren't so messy it would be a Great work place.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Messy supervisors
Fun work environment and great people to work with
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJanuary 2, 2017
Loved my job very much enjoyed being able to learn new things and move around to new areas to experience new things with new people ...very fair management
Pros
Very nice break area
Cons
Expensive healthcare short breaks
heat shields assemble
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TN 37160March 30, 2016
I love this job. all the people were friendly . I learn how the exhaust system works. the management here was ok. but my supervisor was amazing. my co workers was friendly they help made the work day go by fast an also fun. the hardest part of the hardest part of this job was the long hours and missing the family. the most enjoyable part was I was getting paid really good money to support my family an get what they need and want.
Pros
friendly people
Great
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSJanuary 16, 2017
Top notch place to work, this is a true team environment . There is a lot growth from within and the company education is key. If your in to growing , this is your company.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Productive, hard work inspecting Dashboard for a car.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNDecember 14, 2016
Lifting dashboards checking for defective parts, drilling, fast work pace, checking for defected airbags..I learned how to build up dashboards for Nissan, restore dashboard if they were damage.
Pros
Bonus, shut downs
Cons
Benfits
Nice work environment
Production Technician & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time here, hours are long but they keep you busy. Little down time. Overall great place to work while I was an employee there. I also liked lunch places in the area.
Positive Productive Work place
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJanuary 31, 2017
I learned how to work with my hands and installed dashboards airbags and radios in the cars the pay great and the hours was lovely ..
Pros
great pay
Cons
n/a
Very productive workplace
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJanuary 5, 2017
Not a bad place to work, you will works lots of overtime, met some really good people there. This was my first factory job.
they make rules as they go
Quality Inspector - Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSAugust 19, 2016
there is no sense of compassion for employees. its all about who you are friends with instead of whose best for the job. overall, there are some good functions to this. shifts get to compete on who can produce more parts than the other. plant shut down, the long xmas break.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
its not an equal opportunity company
Fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSAugust 19, 2016
First I'm a team player and a typical day at work is making sure all tasks are done at a timely and safe manor. Coming to work and being able to learn other jobs on the jobs will help me advance in the company
Pros
Great insurance plan
Cons
Short break and for Supervisor sometimes no break
Learning capability and working as a team
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSSeptember 20, 2016
It is a very fast paced work enviorment with ability to grow. Skilled technicians available to help at all times if you have any problems or issues at your work station.
Good company to work with.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNAugust 15, 2016
It is a good company to work for. Everyone from HR to regular line workers work together to perform at the most effective and safest way possible. I recommend them to anyone. I even went back after moving away for 7 years.
Work overload
HR (Former Employee) –  tennesseeJune 1, 2014
This company does not allow you to have any work/life balance. I would have given it 2 stars but the webpage would not let me select only 2. You are given more work than any one person can handle with no assistance from upper management even when it is requested. This company does not provide you with the tools and resource to be successful in your field. I have worked along with all employees from engineers to hourly employees working on the line and the poor work culture as well as the high stress level is consistent. The company is constantly fighting fires instead of investing in their employees to make improvements.
Pros
Great health insurance
job security
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJuly 26, 2016
you will work all five days but would not know if you had to work overtime on Saturday and Sunday until Friday morning. Overtime also depends on if you or your team get done with order quantity given
Terrible Job, environment and Sr management
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJanuary 15, 2016
Sr management preaches that they want and expect Calsonic in Canton to be world class. What a joke!! I was hired as a manager and it took them 5 weeks to get me a computer. A hand me down computer that had hardware and software problems that were never resolved. It took them 8 weeks to get me a cell phone and 7 months to get me a desk phone. My desk was falling apart. The top drawer would fall out in the floor if you opened it and the bottom drawer had no bottom to it so it was useless. I told the plant manager that it looked like my desk had been dropped from a plane but I was told to suck it up. The bathrooms had no hot water and the soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers were broken, so you were forced to squeeze the soap out by hand. Toilets would not flush either. We had to wear uniforms to work that looked just like what mechanics wear. Ugly blue with your name on the front. Totally degrading and even our HR manager complained that it was degrading. The plant was filthy and the parking lot looked like a trash dump. Garbage and chicken bones were everywhere and I saw discarded condoms beside parked cars on many occasions. I also had to chair meetings with Japan on average about twice a week and because of the time difference, these meetings did not start until 6:30 or 7:00 PM and would last until 9:00 to 10:00 PM which made very long days since my work day started at 6:15 AM. The Sr. management team in TN is like a fraternity. They call the shots and we were 2nd class. They were clueless about TS16949 and instead use a worthless QSES system. We passed it with a B rank  more... and told Japan we were world class, only to not pass the Nissan ASES audit because the criteria was different and the QSES audit was passed because the auditor was steered to what was in order and kept away from what was not in order. It is the worst company I have worked for in 21 years of automotive quality engineering. World class? Not in a million years!!! I had 3 open positions that I could not get filled because nobody wants to work there. Do yourself a favor and shy away from this company if a recruiter contacts you. No support, long hours, no credit, dirty plant inside and out, and a good old boy sr management team that is incompetent is what you'll find if you take a job there.  less
Pros
Decent pay (salary)
Cons
70 hr work weeks so the Salary was low for the time expected on the job
Great bosses
QA technician (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNNovember 23, 2015
I have been fortunate to have had 2 supervisors that I really enjoy working with couldn't' have ask for any better. Raises are not much and advancement is hard to get.
sucked
Provisional Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJune 22, 2016
This place was just worried about getting the parts out the door they were never worried about their workers. I hated this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CalsonicKansei North America Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval