Find companies:

CALTRANS

Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
24 reviews

About CALTRANS

California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) wants you to get your kicks on Route 66 -- and on their other highways, as well. Caltrans designs, constructs, maintains, and operates the Golden State's highway system's 50,000 miles of roadways. It oversees a variety of programs in areas including highway and mass transportation, aeronautics, transportation – more... planning, and administration. Caltrans also provides assistance for about 400 public-use airports, offers inter-city rail services (alone and with Amtrak), and promotes the use of alternative modes of transportation. The agency, which has been active for more than 100 years, oversees an annual budget of more than $12 billion.

Operations

Caltrans serves about 30 million Californian residents through six programs: Administration, Aeronautics, Highway Transportation, Mass Transportation, Transportation Planning, and the Equipment Service Center.

About 80% of Caltrans' employees focus on the planning, building, maintaining and operating of the State Highway System. The remaining 20% focus on other modes of transportation and department support. – less

CALTRANS Employer Reviews

SR. SAP BOBJ DEVELOPER /Admin (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 21, 2014
Engineering Student Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJune 12, 2014
Data collections/ entry (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 3, 2014
Public Information Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, LAOctober 21, 2013

CALTRANS Photos

Working at CALTRANS

  • Caltrans – 0 replies
    What is the easiest way to get a job with caltrans
  • It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Caltrans? A...
  • What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at CALTRANS? What do you like best about working at CALTRANS? Are there any great p...
  • What do you think - will CALTRANS grow fast? Are they expanding their staff? How does CALTRANS stack up against the competition?
  • Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at CALTRANS? Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits...