The EPC Business Development Manager represents Caltrol, Inc. and our principals to Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) customers who have requirements for process control equipment and services offered by Caltrol and Caltrol’s principals.
The EPC Business Development Manager will be assigned to specific Engineering Contractor customers as their primary Caltrol representative. In addition the position will require development of other Engineering and General Contractors within the Caltrol territory. He or she will be responsible for growing our business by managing project pursuit activity from early identification, through the pursuit process, keeping close involvement with the EPC and the Project Execution Team after receipt of purchase order(s), and providing input on any change orders.
The EPC Business Development Manager must be a customer relationship manager plus being a macro level technical resource for our EPC Customers. It is estimated that the requirements will be 70% business and 30% technical. The EPC Business Development Manager must not only be intimately familiar with the customer’s project needs, but must also understand the value of Caltrol’s offerings how to communicate that value effectively to specific project requirements.
The EPC Business Development Manager must be able to manage the account planning process and lead and coordinate a team of product sales experts, consultants and services sales personnel to focus on issues critical to the EPC’s success.
The EPC Business Development Manager may be called upon to train, participate in planning and assist management as required.
Estimated 20%-25% travel within Caltrol’s territory and to principal offices and manufacturing facilities will be required with overnight stays.
- Accepts account responsibility for all activities at the EPC accounts including project pursuit, sales forecasts, and gross profit forecasts.
- Determines and understands the customer project’s key business issues, key performance indicators, and key business needs.
- Creates solutions utilizing products and services offered by Caltrol to address the customer project’s business issues and needs.
- Provide the lead sales role position for an EPC Project Pursuit including leading the pursuit team, setting the sales strategy with team input, ensuring communications among team members occurs, defining key customer relationships needed, and managing the Solution Selling Process.
- As required, the EPC Business Development Manager assists with post-order activities such as deliveries and payment issues.
- Assists other team members to achieve team/company sales and profit goals.
- Provides timely input on sales forecasts to management, in addition to account profiles, competitive information and market conditions.
- Maintains and updates EPC Account Plans. Participates in Account Plan review sessions with management.
- Maintains and updates sales calls activities as required by Sales Management.
- Maintains current Project tracking tools and participates in a monthly Project review session with management.
- Interacts with principals, Emerson, Emerson Local Business Partners (LBPs) and other involved third parties to ensure that specific requirements and objectives are met.
- Accepts responsibility for quotation follow-up and insures that any quotation log activities are current.
- Other duties as required.
- 5 to10 years of experience as an Account Manager, outside sales, or equivalent
EPC work experience.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Above average technical skills
- Above average planning and organizational skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Team attitude and willingness to coordinate projects internally.
- Proficient with Microsoft software applications.
- Proficient with Caltrol and Emerson sales tools as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to handle special assignments and schedule demanding workload requirements to meet customer deadlines.
- Minimum four-year Engineering degree preferred.
- Able to demonstrate Strategic Account Management skills.
- Background in process control and/or EPC business required
- Must demonstrate knowledge product lines and services, including Valves, Valve
Automation and Control Systems.
- Solid business skills and business understanding.
- Good political awareness skills
- Comfortable around top management personnel
- Ability to deal with ambiguity