NATURE AND SCOPE
The Sr. Field Service Specialist represents Caltrol, Inc and our principals to customers who have requirements for these services offered by Caltrol, Inc.
The Sr. Field Service Specialist provides services for process control instrumentation, valves, actuators and flow computers. Additional duties include start-up and commissioning assistance, panel fabrication assistance and Factory Acceptance Testing.
The Sr. Field Service Specialist provides a supervisory leadership role for field service activities on-site where two or more field Service Specialists or technicians are involved. This includes leading safety meetings, daily planning, work completion verification, and ensuring that all service reports are updated, maintained and communicated to the customer while executing the opportunity.
The Sr. Field Service Specialist is also responsible for providing technical sales assistance to Account Managers and Solution and Technology Consultants. This involves direct customer communication and the ability to perform job-site work analysis.
- Perform Field Service duties including installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and calibration services on process instrumentation, flow computers, valves and Motor Operated Valves (MOV).
- Responsible for the execution of field Service programs offerings by Caltrol, Inc and our affiliates to include: planning, organizing, scheduling and directing activities for fulfillment.
- Assist with DCS and PLC related projects through panel wiring, drawings, and installations/start-up assistance.
- Work with Account Managers, Solution Consultants and Technology Consultants to sell Caltrol, Inc services including: demand and emergency Field Services, customer contracts and other Field Service offerings.
- Assists with customer quotations by providing labor requirements, specifications for service activities, required tools, and test equipment.
- Supervisor on-site teams of two or more service individuals.
- Maintaining on-site planning, safety, production progress, and Field Service reports.
- Insures Caltrol, Inc.’s contractual obligations and customer service requirements are satisfied in a manner which will produce the maximum revenue for minimum cost, consistent with maintaining customer good will and satisfaction.
1. Solid electrical, mechanical, and electronics knowledge including use of test equipment such as multi-meters, current generators, hand held calibrators, and other related devices.
2. Knowledge of process instrumentation (pressure, temperature, flow, pH/ORP, etc), actuators (control valves, MOV), valves and flow computers.
3. Knowledge and experience in calibrating process instrumentation.
4. Physical abilities to include climbing ladders, climbing towers, working in confined spaces, working on elevated platforms, and lifting devices.
5. Solid troubleshooting skills.
6. Strong customer communication skills including verbal and written.
7. Ability to work well under pressure: sometimes meeting multiple and conflicting deadlines.
8. At all times demonstrates cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
9. Must be able to travel and work overtime as required.
10. Ability to read and interpret written work instructions, technical manuals, wiring diagrams and P&IDs.
11. Knowledge and understanding of personal computers and use of Microsoft products such as Word and Excel.
12. Dedication and commitment to deliver quality services to customers.
13. Planning and organization skills.
- A technology associate degree is preferred plus seven (7) years of relevant field experience; plus supervising and coordinating numerous Field Service activities as related to the technical field or,
- Ten (10) years of relevant field experience, plus supervising and coordinating numerous Field Service activities as related to the technical field.
- Strong sales support, service and organizational skills
- Ability to work irregular schedules.
CALTROL, INC HIGHLIGHTS
- Caltrol has over 75 years of "Providing Solutions People Trust".
- We are a local business partner of Emerson Process Management an NYSE company (EMR).
- We are the primary servicer and solution provider to customers in the Southwestern United States.
- Caltrol currently has 7 locations.
- Caltrol is an employee owned company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). This gives our employees the chance to share in the successes of our company.
- Caltrol is an equal opportunity employer.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Employer contributions to a Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Long Term Care
- Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
Indeed - 19 months ago