Calvary Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A nice place for a new graduate
Day Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 26, 2015
A dynamic place to work. The culture is centered on dignity, caring, non- abandonment and compassion for staff,patients and families. Most people have a false sense of the the type of environment it is because the emphasis is on Palliative Care and End of Life, but Calvary Hospital offer other services that most are unaware of. The Wound Care and Outpatient clinic exceptional. The other services offered are Hospice and Home Care. The hardest part of the job is the connection that you make with patients and families. Every patient is special,but some touch your heart. The best part about the job is that you have made a patient comfortable while providing support to the patient's loved ones.
Pros
Excellent and competitive benefits package
Cons
No 10 hour or 12 hour shifts
Review
Assist and set (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2016
A great place to work, the culture and work ethics is great. We learn together as a team.
Communication with management is encouraged at all times.
My Experience at Calvary Hospital
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2015
A typical work day is very routine. I learned a lot of clerical experience in a hospital setting. The management is great and they are always there to work with you, and make sure you learn to the fullest, with what they have to offer. The co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is being able to handle things at a fast-paced. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to multi-task in a timely manner.
Pros
Reasonable lunch breaks, clean and friendly environment, facilities.
The Mission of Calvary is nonabandonment
Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 20, 2016
This is a great place to work. The culture of Calvary is non-abandonment and this holds true not just for the care of the patients and their families, but also for the employees.
Made filing paper work fun.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Performed general and specific administrative duties. Organized patient sensitive and other medical related documentation.Operated phone services in a professional and efficient manner
Pros
Treated me like an equal
Cons
Couldn't stay longer
Caring atmosphere
Clinical Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx NYApril 20, 2015
Therapeutic recreation for patients
Compassionate care
counseling for patients and families
Excellent staff, Hi tech wound care
excellent physicians
pastoral care
benefits
Cons
working weekends
Productive place to intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 23, 2015
Great company. Staff was courteous. Great place to learn more about the medical administration field. Great place to gain experience.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 19, 2015
Most compassionate people you will ever meet, delivers great end of life care and maintains patients dignity to the very end.
Cons
busy, covering large areas of home care, too much time driving
Caring, clean and like no other hospital you've been to.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 4, 2013
I go to work with a positive attitude, because my job reminds me how blessed I am each day. I work with terminally ill, approx 80% cancer patients. I love my job and truly enjoy my patients and family. We have 24- hour visiting hours for family, so family really gets involved in care, and that allows staff to build a relationship not only with the patient but their loved one.
Pros
salary, family environment. small hospital so staff have good relationship
Cons
8 hour work shift, every other weekend. health benefits.
Productive workplace and job duties
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 30, 2015
I made bereavement calls and survey calls
computer input of patients information
filing
family support
visited patients and patients family
Fun place to work lots of fun both at and off the job
Senior Internship/Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bron, N.Y.July 7, 2015
Go in fill out your daily activity log. You learn how to build trust with patient and their families. Your coworkers are very supportive in making sure that you are on target at all times. The hardest part of the job is watching a patient that you have become familiar with dies. The most enjoyable part of the job, is coming in each day and seeing the smiles on the patients faces just to see you.
Pros
Supervisor and workers friendly and understanding
love this place
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  bronx, nySeptember 18, 2013
I love working at calvary hospital wish i would become full time, i love the interaction i have with the vistors and helping the patients with their calls
Pros
salary enviroment
Cons
no fulltime available
Excellent
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 18, 2012
Great work environment and benefits. The environment is very professional, great learning experience.
Great management and great employees.
Patient Accounts/Billing Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 19, 2015
Though I've only been in the professional workforce for a short period of time, this has been one of the best work environments I've been in. The management were some of the nicest people I've met while at a job.
Family comforting work place.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2012
Attending to terminally ill patient,pain management by high dose narcotic intravenous medications,PCA and SQ injections.Inserting peripheral IV cannula and blood draws communicating with physician,social workers, evening supervisors and other related hospital staffs regarding the patient's conditions and patient's needs,attending to patient's family members,supervising nurses'aids and cancer care technicians and computer documentation.
The hardest part is dealing will grieving family members because most of them become very anxious.
I enjoy being at work.
A good place to work
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 3, 2015
Calvary is a warm and friendly place, I only left the job because it was a temp assignment. The work wasn't hard, was assign to rebill delinquent accounts and process for payment if possible.
Pros
excellent for employee
Cons
co worker didnt like the fact that i came in and clean up the ar reports
Most confused place ever
Ward Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 3, 2014
Calvary Hospital has its ups and downs. The pay is good for anyone starting but the down fall is some of the employees. Many will sit around and won't do much work and everyone expects you to do things for them. Employees depending on who, will ignore the patient call bells leave me to answer them and some patients will repeatedly ring the bell until someone comes to them. A typically day can vary. Evenings can go smoothly but then there are days that you just need to leave somehow because its crazy. Some of the Senior staff will favors employees who have been there longer over newer employees and can sometimes pick on newer employees. Overall Calvary can make one feel stressed and overwhelmed.
Pros
great pay, some good nursing staff members
Cons
some not so great nursing staff, no growth opportunities for employees
A Place Where Life Continues
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Calvary Hospital is a great employer. A typical day at Calvary for me tended to be a breeze due to my position as a care partner with entailed that i provide complete companionship to the patient that i was caring for that day. That was the best part of the job, the patients and their families. And that was also the worst part of the job,Calvary is a hospice and with every patient i wanted to fix any and every problem they had. So i tried anything from playing music and dancing to watching a show with them. Sometimes i got on my other coworkers nerves because some would say that i over attended to the patients. But i had a great experience there and i learned alot about to nursing field.
Pros
patients smiles
Cons
the death of the patients
Productive, hard working administrative co-works in a high paced work environment
Internship (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 13, 2014
On average a typical work day would consist of, helping the administrator with filing paper, scanning, faxing, making photo copies, and organizing paper work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with cancer patients and not being so emotional when people did die. Death is a part of life and Calvary Hospital is a place where they make the last moments of the patients life better before they past. When you are a patient at Calvary you only have three to six months to live. That was the hardest thing for me to deal with.
Pros
worked with administrators who knew how to do their jobs right
Cons
too short.
Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment
Cancer Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 29, 2013
- Performed dependable and outstanding Cancer Care Technician services to patients for Calvary Hospital for over 23
years.
‐ Provided direct, quality patient care in activities of daily living under the supervision of certified nurses
‐ Ambulated and repositioned patients, reported changes in patient condition to supervising nurse
‐ Performed Feeding, Bathing, Vital Signs, Sterile Dressing, Tube Feeds, CPR, First Aid, Tracheostomy, Colostomy and
EKG’s whenever necessary
‐ Provided an hygienic and safe and caring environment to every patient
Pros
great flexiblity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calvary Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4