Calvary Hospital Employee Reviews

I wrote it at the bottom
Ancillary Care Technician (Phlebotomist) (Former Employee) –  1740 Eastchester Rd Bronx NY 10460January 30, 2018
Calvary Hospital exposes you to many different cultures and ethnicities. It prepares you for a very sad part of lie(death). However they are not compassionate to employees and do not represent the core values they want you to express to patients. they provide meals on special occasions,but the breaks are very short. They also take the word of families rather than the employee.There is no representation for the employee.
you choose your work schedule
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 15, 2018
Loved working there on the night shift.
The time went by fast when your busy but drags when its a slow night. Staff are very helpful and willing to teach you as you work alongside them.
Pros
hour break
Cons
no benefits as a part time worker
Great place for a internship
Health Care Administrator INTERN (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 20, 2017
I enjoyed my internship experience at Calvary. The time that I spent there gave me a feel towards what I may encounter in the field on a day to day basis.
Pros
Working around men, and women who already have experience in the medical field.
Cons
Some of the tasks did not relate to what I want to do in the Health Services management field.
Productive and challenging place to work
Calvary Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 25, 2017
Providing comfort care to people that are at the end of life. Pastoral care also provides comfort care to patients and healing to family members while their loved ones are terminally ill.
Pros
paid vacation time, paid time and a half for holidays
Cons
working weekends are more busier than during the week
Productive, informative and friendly environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10461November 18, 2017
Friendly working environment with supportive coworkers and supervisors. I learnt guidance on Coding and Billing Regulation of Medicaid for hospice patients to know and understand the ethical standards, legal standards and company policies related to hospice.
Pros
Free lunch, learn billing rights, data entry and processing
Cons
short break
As far as hospice hospital are concerned, Calvary was top of the line.
Ward Secretary/Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at Calvary Hospital for the last 10 years. There is no place like it from CEO, to managers to nursing staff and CCT, they were phenomenal.
Pros
Great working environment.
Cons
Needed more staff, but the workers there were top notch.
great place to gain experience in certain aspects of healthcare
ADMINSTRATIVE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Bronx County, NYOctober 16, 2017
Calvary Hospital has a hospice department which is very proficient. They deliver excellent care to patients of both the hospital and hospice. I was privileged to do an internship there which afforded me great knowledge and skills. I saw first-hand the gravity as well as the sensitive nature of such care as hospice.
Pros
Rewarding experience
caring place to work for
Patient Finance Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2017
the best company to work for in the Bronx, NY by far. They have given back to me so much at a time when it was most needed. I Love them for that, pay very fairly I think.
Pros
Great place to work forr, its a place you retire from. thGood Morning, ut patient care as priority and they truly take great care of their employees.
Cons
The management staff give the company a bad name, especially the department i currentll work in.
Excellent
Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 14, 2017
Excellent place to work will recommend anyone to work in this hospital who is pursuing the field of medicine. I highly recommend this hospital as a place to work.
Awesome Place
Cancer Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 10, 2017
Great place to work. You will be surrounded by awesome people and staff. It is not an easy job but it was a wonderful experience. The hours are great.
productive and calm workplace
Companion caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 4, 2017
Calvary was a great place to work at I learned how to communicate better with people and sympathize well with them too. I met new people and i was also taught how to scan and file important patient records and got along very well with my supervisor Ms.Erika.
Pros
free lunches
The Caring Culture
Ward Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 24, 2017
Calvary Hospital is an excellent place to work with a culture of caring about patients and coworkers. The job is stressful as the focus is on palliative care. People who work there tend to be caring and patients' families tend to return and bond with the staff. The hospital also has a bereavement camp that employees are eligible to participate in once a year in the summer for the children of deceased patients.
Pros
coworkers are sensitive caring people. tuition reimbursement
Cons
no union for workers
productive place to work
Lead Dietary Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 15, 2017
great place to work. everyone take there job very serious . its is an amazing feeling knowing that you are giving that patient their most desired meal
Calvary is a good place to work.
RN (Current Employee) –  1740 Eastchester RoadAugust 29, 2017
Calvary is a fast paced and distressful environment having to deal with a dying patient and their families.You need to understand patient's concerns.
Management support employees to succeed.
he hardest part of the job is when families deny the prognsis of their love member's illness.
The most enjoyable is when you are able to manage and relieve patients' of their pain.
staff very pleasant and caring
Per Diem Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 19, 2017
staff are very caring and compassionate. they go the extra mile for patients and family. Can be very sad to see patients die on a daily basis, but you have to just go to work telling your self I am not here to save lives but to let people die comfortable and with dignity.
Pros
meal voucher for birthday
Cons
staff gets fired for minor complaints from patients and family
My expierence at Calvary
Housekeeper/Laundry Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 16, 2017
My experience at Calvary hospital was lovely. Their staff are very compassionate and very caring towards visitors and patients. I look forward to spending more years here at Calvary.
Pros
good breaks
Excellent place to work
STAFF REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 19, 2017
Calvary Hospital was my first job in a hospital after achieving my RN license. It is the best place to work and the best job I have ever had so far. The love and warmth you have from each workers/ management and doctors, is the best I have ever seen. This place has taught me humility, kindness, patience, and love. The best part was being with my oncology patients up to the end. I love this place. My biggest regret is leaving this facility,
Pros
Excellent pay, great environment, beautiful place
Cons
There is nothing bad to say about this facility
Internship
Hospice Volunteer, Internship (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 7, 2017
I was an intern at Calvary Hospital and i enjoyed it working on the census and any other duties assigned to me..... It was predominantly women that worked there. the culture recognizes the Catholic culture and it's professional atmosphere is welcoming
Pros
lunch vouchers when interning
Cons
unlikely to promote interns after hours completed
REwarding wrok
Clinical Pastoral Education Intern (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 1, 2017
Supportive colleagues, and rewarding work at the end of the day. Great team work when it came to providing the best care possible for those who are actively dying,
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
little room for advancement
Foundation
Ward Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2017
I was just seventeen years old when I started at Calvary. I owe them my success and utmost respect for the employees and there huge compassion for all there patients.
Pros
Amazing experience
Cons
Emotional rollercoaster