Calvert Memorial Hospital

Calvert Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

good place to work
Agency Registered Nurse RN - ICU (Former Employee), prince fredrick marylandAugust 12, 2014
enjoy working staff pleasant but was always short staff, not as busy
Wonderful place to be employed where everyday is different !!
Patient Access Representative/Registrar (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MDAugust 1, 2014
Wonderful group of co-workers whom all worked together as a team. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was getting to help those in time of need. The hardest part being seeing the condition of some patients as they are brought in by ambulance, but you learn to put those feelings aside and know that you have a job to do, along side the doctors/nurses, – more... to start the process of getting that person the medical attention they need. – less
great hospital, horriable superviors and department
food service worker (Former Employee), dietaryJune 23, 2014
Pros: work experience
Cons: sneakyness and manager
I get to work early and my employee are wonderful and I love working there. but the manager is horriable, he is sneaky and only thinks about himself. if u work in that department be careful they are watching you..
Productive and fun workplace
OB Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MDMay 27, 2014
Pros: worked only 3 days
Cons: 12 hour shifts
I thoroughly enjoyed working for CMH. The staff were extremely professional and helpful. I learned many new things mostly on time management. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients and the staff.
small hospital in calvert county
Registered Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MDMay 22, 2014
I enjoyed working there until an incident where management turned their back on me. Co workers were wonderful and loyal. Management was unfair and clicky.
N/A
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MDApril 29, 2014
Good hospital, Overall good management. Somewhat good benefits, a little pricey. Great Hospital care.
Good equipment. Good learning environment
Sonographer (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MDApril 21, 2014
Other techs very helpful. Other hospital personel, helpful and pleasant. Good place to get started.
Politics
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MDJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: doctors, nurses, cnas, most of the lab, rad and everyone else
Cons: upper management, some lab, some doctors, office politics
Calvert Memorial Hospital... What is there to say, It was my home away from home. I can honestly say I love each and every one of the nurses, CNAs, Pharmacists, Housekeepers, RADs. ALMOST every Doctor and ALMOST all of my direct Co-workers. CMH is a great place to work as far as a family setting. We all had fun and got the job done quickly and efficiently – more... and correctly. Yeah, sure we bickered every now and again, but that's what families do.

However, it is a VERY political place. Other than my immediate supervisor, upper management will not hesitate to cut you loose to save themselves. They are all warm and personable but when it comes down to between you and them... take a guess. They won't go to bat for you if you have a problem nor tend to listen to all sides of the story before making their judgment call about it, They say fair trial and all, that's not the case here.

Advancement is nearly non-existent partly because of the economy, other part, they forget. Was there 4 years still getting paid the same wage I started with, while NEW employees were getting paid 2-3 dollars more who had little to no experience. When brought up to upper management, "oh you are right, you were supposed to get a raise 3.5 years ago"
Well, I received it and it was still lower than the newbies. Bring it up again, they start nit picking everything you do so you do not get that raise and you are fired or recommended and forced to resign.

Do not get me wrong, I loved my job, I cried when I had to leave, it was honestly the best Job I had ever had. I loved all of my patients and most of my co-workers. I get along with just about everybody and they with me. So in every sense of the word,

Family for MOST co-workers.

High school mess for OTHER co-workers.

Politics for management.

Not a bad review, just the truth, Again I say, I loved working there and if I could I would go back in a heartbeat. Good luck in your decision to join a very talented team and caring team of caregivers. I say its worth it. Just do not let your guard down.

Anyone who say's "its just a job" doesn't know the job, because it is anything but JUST a job, It's home. – less
Great place to work with excellent nurses
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MDJanuary 7, 2014
CMH was a great place to work with excellent nurses. I enjoyed my time there very much. I learned an incredible amount of knowledge and got excellent nursing experience from the nurses that had been there longer than myself.
Love it
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Prince Frederick, MDNovember 5, 2013
I love being apart of Calvert Memorial, my coworkers are great and my supervisors are very nice and understanding. I hope to get my CNA's sometime in the future.
Like Family
Coder/Health Data Analyst (Current Employee), Prince Frederick, MDAugust 12, 2013
I have worked 16 yrs for Calvert Memorial Hospital and I have felt like part of a family. I have had great co-workers and exceptional supervisors.
Good for experince but poor service from nurses and doctors
CNA/GNA (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MDJuly 29, 2013
This is a good hospital for first experience but however the nurses and doctors seemed like they didn't care about their patients.
Nonprofit hospital
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MDJune 24, 2013
Pros: little travel to get to work
Cons: small town mentality
A non for profit hospital, that is located in a small city. Located in a small city where the majority of people know each other or are related to one another. Very tough place to get a job at, you have to either be related to or know someone in order to get hired in. If you are a transit like I was, you will not have a great opportunity to move forward.
Loved my Job and want to do it again in Pensacola
Phlebotomist/Therapeutic Technician (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MDJune 8, 2013
Pros: loved my job
Cons: hated to leave
I was responsible for registration and scheduling and drawing of patients blood for therapeutic phlebotomies. I learn more about myself and how to deal with patients on a one on one basis. the hardest part of my job was that I did not have enough hours in my work day to care for all of my patients .I had over 170 patients and only two days a week to – more... do them. I also worked in the ER registration department . – less
Wonderful people and the patients were phenomenal!
Emergency room technician (Current Employee), Prince Frederick, MDApril 23, 2013
Management from the bottom to the top could use some work, but overall it was a great place to work.
Friendly work environment
Staff RN Post Anesthesia (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MarylandApril 16, 2013
Pros: self scheduling, magnet status
Calvert Memorial Hospital was a wonderful place to work. I was able to care for both healthy and critical patients after surgery. I learned so much from my coworkers and I carry this knowledge with me to this day.
Small community hospital with good employee spirit.
Director of Behavioral Health (Current Employee), Prince Frederick, MDDecember 4, 2012
Pros: convenient
Cons: small in scale
Good small community hospital. Ample staff from which to drew on. Co workers very supportive.
Great people to work with in my department.
Administrative Assistant/OB Surgical Tech (Current Employee), Prince Frederick, MDJune 6, 2012
My co-workers are wonderful but management is not. I can not move up in this company and I have decided on a new career path.
Facility has diverse managerial styles
Nurse Informaticist (Current Employee), Prince Frederick, MDJune 4, 2012
Pros: close to home
A typical day is performing tasks given to me by my direct supervisor
OK EXPERIENCE
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), PRINCE FREDERICK, MDMarch 9, 2012
Pros: couldnt really find any.
Cons: rather not say
LEARNED A LOT ABOUT THE MEDICAL PROFESSION GOOD MEDICAL STAFF

About Calvert Memorial Hospital

Calvert Memorial Hospital provides health care to Chesapeake Bay area residents in Southern Maryland. The medical facility, along – Read more