Calvert Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Not good
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDAugust 27, 2017
Lots of changes. It is upsetting that employees have been there 20-30 plus years and they feel like they are not valued and are disposable. Unless you are full time, educational assistance is little to no help.
Nice job to work at
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDAugust 10, 2017
Working at the hospital was a good job. The two problems I have is that the company cared way more in putting money and effort into the look of the hospital but doesn't make that much of an effort in to doing the same for the employees. Another problem is that before you work at the hospital you have to take a patient care class to teach you how to care for the patients.when I started working at the job I saw that there was a lack in caring for the patients.
Pros
Good pay, good people group of poeple to work for, The certfication you can get working at this job are great
Cons
bad commcation between boss and the employees, HR isnt all that great must stay on top of them if you want anything done, If your on the night shift you will be left out on a lot of info and activies the hosptial has
Very Busy
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDJuly 17, 2017
Healthcare is a very busy career, but very rewarding. Helping people is most rewarding. People are at the hospital because they need help, and that's when healthcare workers shine.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
The hospital is 24/7 365 days a year
Friendly work environment
HIM Records Inpatient Coder Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MD 20678July 11, 2017
The staff is friendly. The company is family friendly. Salaries are low.
Some of the equipment is outdated. Overtime is not mandatory. Nice cafeteria and staff.
Needs help with overall day to day function
Financial Counselor/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDJuly 3, 2017
Management needs a lot of work. The normal day to day function needs a lot of work. I worked there 6 year and I would not refer anymore there. The company in general needs a lot of work to be success. The employees are not protected and the company did and continues to do a lot of behind the scenes sneaky stuff.
Great Place to work
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDJune 26, 2017
not much is required of unit secretaries.
management is nice
love my coworkers
if i ever have any problems there are several people i can go to.
easy job.
Pros
easy job
Cons
online learning is a waste of time.
Loved working in the IT Department
Informatics Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MD 20678June 17, 2017
I worked at this hospital for almost 3 years in the IT Department before returning to school. The managers of this department were all great and the team was very reliable and easy to work with. If the opportunity arose to work here again I would happily return.
One of the worst places I've ever worked.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDMay 30, 2017
Run, do not walk away from Calvert Memorial Hospital. The nurses are overworked, underpaid, and disrespect by administration. Patient care suffers on a daily basis because the majority of the physicians treat the nurses very badly, creating a hostile environment where the nurses are too afraid, or too intimidated, to address patient needs with the physicians. Don't jeopardize your nursing license, or your sanity, by working at this hospital.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Terrible working conditions.
During my time the hospital was expanded with more services to the community.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDMay 11, 2017
Be a nuclear medicine technologist is a great job sometime the job in itself demand a lot. You always working by yourself and you don't have a lot of people around you. He wasn't a full time for me so when I'm coming I was always relax I do what I have to do I learn a lot. When you aren't a full time employee you miss a lot thing. It was a good environment to work. I don't really pay attention to the management because i was on call. I saw a lot of people come and go. Like other hospital you don't have union. The hardest part of the job is find somebody to help you with a heavy patient. By overhaul everything was fine'
Pros
I will recommend the place to work
Cons
Like any work place you have to be vigilant
job
LICENSED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDApril 3, 2017
very great place to work at. the pharmacy team is very well knowledge and they are great staffed,very good training program. hours are great and policies are understandable
Maintenance mechanic
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDApril 1, 2017
This is a good place to work it was great for me because it is close to my house and at the time I needed to be close to home lot's of caring people made it easier to work there..
Great environment
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDMarch 23, 2017
I have been with Calvert for a long time now and really do enjoy working for the company. There are some small flaws as any company would have, But overall this company has been very courteous and kind to me and is always willing to help the employees succeed and grow. I would recommend this employer to anyone who asked,
Pros
great work atmosphere, encouragement always around & safe environment
Cons
A lot of shift work.
Nice Facility
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDMarch 9, 2017
Will the hospital is very clean with adequate working materials. The ER staff were not helpful to each other. One Tech in the ER actually was on the computer house shopping instead of caring for patients.
Pros
Adequate staff
Cons
lacking team
Loved this job
Informatics Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MD 20678February 27, 2017
I had a blast with this job. Really enjoyed the job, coworkers and had one of the best managers with this job. Unfortunately it was a temporary position. If I was to get a call tomorrow asking if I wanted to come back for a third time I would not hesitate to say yes.
ok place to work
Reimbursement Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDJanuary 14, 2017
some of the managers hired by the hospital are very bad to their employees. Employees are treated differently and are bullied by managers and in spite of complaints CMH HR overlooks at the situation.
Cons
healthcare too expensive, pay sucks for non-professional
Second Home
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MD 20678October 26, 2016
Calvert Memorial felt like a second home. Working with family, It was an very enjoyable experience. My unit manager at the time was very accommodating, friendly and a advocate for patient satisfaction and the needs of the patients.
Great leadership within our hospital
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Huntingtown, MD 20639September 7, 2016
We have great leadership and CEO who really cares about his employees. He is very hands on and has an open door policy. Our ER can be very busy and everyone works well together to get patients treated as quickly as possible
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
one Tech at a time
Small hospital with big ambitions
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDJuly 14, 2016
Calvert Memorial Hospital is a great hospital to work for in a small community. Staff and management still maintain a small town mindset and many of the staff have worked there for 20+ years. Everyone knows each other by name and staff is supportive and encouraging of continuing education. Hospital CEO is friendly and approachable. Great place to work.
Friendly Place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 18, 2016
Had a great experience with this company. The staff was great and the management was great to work for. they approved outside training to incorporate real life scenarios.
busy place
Cashier/Tray Hostess (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoMay 16, 2016
When I work as a cashier in the cafeteria, I get to more of the staff that work at the hospital than I normally would. I enjoy talking with people as I check them out.
Pros
greatly reduced meal prices
Cons
low pay