CAMBA Employee Reviews

great workplace
Outreach Specialist /Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Camba is a great and well known non profit agency .Camba has several locations from school to shelters. My typical day at work is basically meeting the needs of clients .The hard part of working with Camba is hearing the story's of clients past life which may include drugs even abuse.
Great place to work with lots of opportunity for growth
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Once you report to the facility, you're immediately briefed by the previous shift supervisor of all pertinent information concerning the facility as well as residents (hospitalizations or any unresolved issues).
I have grown in my managerial/supervisory skills since being at CAMBA. In addition, i have a greater understanding of the shelter system and servicing disadvantaged individual with multitude of issues.

Management is extermely supportive of everyone entrusted to run the shift.

For me, the hardest part of the job is watching and servicing the same residents for years who continue to blame the system of failling them. In addition, staff is unable to convince the individual to assume some accountability.

Observng the progress of some residents while in the shelter system is enjoyable at times. Such progress can happen from attending a drug program to remain drug free or obtaining employment in order to secure housing.
A day in the life
Clinical Supervisor/Care Manager II (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2017
I supervise four care coordinators in the Health Homes program. My previous employment at a shelter was more interactive as I would like to continue to have more client engagement. I enjoy working close with my staff and clients. I enjoy helping people in need. Staff feel comfortable speaking with me about job and personal related issues. I try to assist my staff gain more experience in order to improve on their skills in order to be promoted.
Pros
Get along with all staff
Cons
Cant work but so long, cant come in earlier than scheduled time.
Unprofessional and Ghetto
Ra (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I swear management needs to get it together. There is no structure. No advancement for those who actually do work. There is favoritism and a lot of shadiness going on.
productive
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 23, 2017
reach out to the client on a day to day basis to inquire about the clients well being and to assist them in achieving their goals.
Camba
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2017
A typical day at work, majority of the time is adventures. I learned how to be a better team player. My co workers are amazing, working in a Homeless popluation will change your life for the better it will give you the opportuinty to help people in need.
Good for experience
Care Coordinator/Case Manger (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2016
Wonderful company to work for. Good for experience. Good place to learn a lot of skills that can be used in other work forces. I wouldn't say it a place to retire, just a place to gain experience and move on. No potential growth.
Good work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
It was a good workplace and it brought forth a positive experience. The supervisor were fare and the wok environment was of a good nature.
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2016
CAMBA is a good place to work. The hours are good, the coworkers are friendly and the supervisors are nice. The only problem is there is not enough pay for the work we do and chasing clients.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No room for advancement
Frendly enviroment to work
Heath Benefits Coordinator/Government Programs (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 18, 2016
My passion as always to served my community and my clients. My goal at CAMBA to assist every clients who walk to our door to make sure they insurance.
Pros
Lunch on my own
Cons
Health Care
Growth happens here
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 30, 2016
You are able to flourish here with leadership. Your not micro managed. Your able to practice self autonomy. You meet people form all walks of life that will share their story in an encouraging way that will make you not feel alone in whatever crisis you may be facing.
Pros
diferent issues arise daily
Cons
not enough money
Typical work day
HOUSING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 13, 2016
Consists of reading and answering all emails and get feedback from my co-workers. Then I start meeting with my schedule appointments with the families to get update and review strategies on how to move into permanent housing.
Pros
learning different way of interacting with the families
Cons
task completion for the day, often have to stop and meet with non-schedule clients, who did not have an appointment, and need my help.
Really great work envrionment
Youth Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 1, 2016
I enjoyed working with the kids. Engaging with them during different activities. The hardest part was seeing them leave. They were the highlight of my day.
Pros
great atmoshpere
Cons
poor hours
Family environment
iCare Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 20, 2016
I have worked for Camba for a few weeks but overall the environment is relaxed and the staff seems nice. The staff is mixed culturally and age wise. There are different programs seated in the same environment, and they work well together.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
low pay
Productive and family oriented workplace
Advocate Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work consist of constant outreach and crisis intervention. I've learned a new level of patience and compassion that allows me to reach my students on a more personal level. Co-workers and I work very closely together and have built a family both inside and outside of school atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is going home and wondering if a student really heard and understood what we have said and will apply it to their current situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the transformation of a student .
It was great working with my co-workers.
Care Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 3, 2016
Workplace is ok, not the best place to work. At the program I was working at, the management team did not know how to effectively communicate with staff.
Pros
colleauges were great.
Cons
Management is terrible.
Excellent learning to Work in different facilities.
Afterschool Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 26, 2016
At work it would usually be a discussion and a little bit of different distractions. One of the main thing I learned was to always stay focus on the task, keep cool, and respect. The management was also well placed. Learning to work in a group was way different than working independently. Some co-workers would adapt to it while others really didn't care. Just there to collect a check. Lastly, the hardest part of working at any job is the fact that you have to always deal with that one rude individual. While the most enjoyable is the laughter and comfort of your welcoming peers.
Pros
Love the job where you work at
Cons
Defusing situations
Productive work day
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 14, 2016
A day at CAMBA was really slow. On the bright side, it was a chance to meet a lot of different people being that I live in Queens. I had one co worker that was older, and she was so nice and pleasant. Everyone was really nice to me, and treated me with respect. Although I was the youngest in the office, I was never left out. I enjoyed taking phone calls, and helping people even though plenty times I couldn't because of the position I was in.
Good Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2016
Good company to get your foot in the door with non-profit industry. Broad array of services provided to its clients. However, poor management, nepotism has been exhausted and has negatively impacted the culture of the agency.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Compensation
Camba
Martial Arts Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2016
Working for CAMBA was a great experience, I managed to obtain a lot of the skills necessary in order to further my career with children. They put their employees through a variety of trainings and require yearly or every two years a refresher of some trainings, therefore the employees do not forget anything and know how to handle situations. I gained a variety of problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
Pros
Training, Children
Cons
Part Time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAMBA. Our community is ready to answer.