CAMBER Corporation

CAMBER Corporation Employer Reviews

Camber is an excellent place to work
Avionics Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Lexington Park, MDSeptember 14, 2014
Camber is an excellent place to work.
Co-workers are very good at their jobs.
Okay experience
Language analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaAugust 29, 2014
I worked as a language analyst for Camber and for the most part it was a good experience, but in the end they are just like every other contracting company and will drop you at the first sign of budget cuts with no effort to help you find new employment.
Camber
Employee (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 18, 2014
Camber Corporation had very poor management. Need to get the people that have been there 20 years out, or it will never be a good place to work.
A typical day at work
Customer Service Support Technician (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 30, 2014
I worked in a simulation systems in the middle of the desert. The best thing was minimal management supervision.
Travel Required
Weapons Team Lead/POC (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: vets welcome
Cons: "good ol' boy" mentality
Great company to work for if you can handle the constant traveling from job location to job location. Good pay, good benefits, and great places to see. Veteran based and employed.
Lax Contractor Work Environment
Contingency Sustainment Support Site Manager (Current Employee), Abingdon, MDJuly 28, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: communication flow could be better, upper management lack of discipline
I have learned that previous experiences and successes of more senior employees/managers seems to intimidate younger employees/managers. Corporate policy doesn't always allow adequate support to the customer; creating bottlenecks, hindering prompt support of customer operations. Management fails to utilize available assets to their advantage, missing – more... out on a competitive edge over business competition. Co-workers seem to lack a strong work ethic, mission focus, and overall pride in organizational values. The most enjoyable part of my job is when our customer is able to accomplish their mission with minimal equipment failures, under budget, and ahead of schedule. – less
Productive company
Contract Analyst (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 23, 2014
Great work environment for a defense contractor based out of Alabama
Productive and competative company
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 21, 2014
This company is great to work for. The co-workers are intelligent and hard working.
employee
Program Analyst/ Project Controller (Current Employee), Edgewood, MDJuly 16, 2014
Good experience, Lear a lot of from Military Veterans. Good guidance in other aspects of life.
Productive and great work environment
Firearms and optics repairer (Former Employee), Killeen, TexasMay 1, 2014
great work environment and great pay, really enjoyed the travel and training.
Great entry level position.
Strategic Analyst/ Comptroller (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoApril 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits, professional environment
Cons: lack of funding, change in management
Great environment to make professional contacts, and ascend professionally. The hardest part of the job was the fact that it was a contractor position so funding was constantly an issue which eventually became the reason for my leave.
Descent place to work
Senior Signals Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, MDApril 22, 2014
Very important job, creating great products to support multiple parties on and off site.
good place
parttime (Former Employee), orlandoApril 19, 2014
A typical day at work is good. Management is good. My co-workers are very good.
Interesting place to work
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: 401k is management decision based on companies profits
If you are interested in the field of defense contracting Camber is involved in lots of projects and can get you into contact with the right people. Typical day was to serve the client and answer phones. Main responsibility was to maintain order of supplies and greet guest. I learned that there is little stability in the defense contracting industry – more... and management told me and my co workers the one that is going to look out for you is you. Co workers were very friendly and very helpful in any tasks. Hardest part of working with a defense contractor as my first job was learning the acronyms. Most enjoyable part of work was the management being extremely courtesy about helping to pay for commuting. – less
Very good experience
Senior Optics Lead and Point of Contact (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: my education was exponential.
Cons: the us soilder will suffer the loss of the program.
Camber was a good place to work. I learned about the DOD how it worked and how to work within the system. Management was easy I was not used to my full potential. The division manager wanted me for the project manager slot but the program was terminated (sequestration). My co-workers were fun to work with and I earned there respect and friendship. Many – more... of them keep in touch on a regular basis.
The hardest part of the job was flying all day redirecting rental car in in-climate weather. Making sure all the teams got to hotel(Not forgetting fly delays, cancellations and lost luggage). Then scouting the job site for the next day that usually started at 0600. No exceptions. Set up, inventory and get supply out, running and produce the days work load what ever it may be.
The enjoyable part was it was the easiest job I ever had. The pay was descent the work was not hard(a little long at times), and I traveled the world. I'm comfortable in any airport in the world. We had lots of free time to see the places we where visited. – less
Fantastic Company, Great Learning Opportunities
Computer Forensics Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAMarch 3, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Camber and found the mission very rewarding. My input was always valued and my coworkers helped create a great team who really worked well together.
Great Co-workers
Customer Service Support Technician (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSFebruary 14, 2014
Everyone was treated with dignity and respect. Also enjoyed working with the Soldiers.
Excellent place to work to ensure Soldiers survive in combat.
Senior Military Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: works closley with goverment personnel and makes a diffrence in soldiers survivability.
Cons: contract are subject to be terminates at short notice
Camber is an excellent company to work for, they treat you with professional decorum and respect. They creat an environment of trust and caring for an employer's welfare.
Great place to work thats all about teamwork
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Bel Air, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: perdium, travel
Cons: restless nights
A typical day on the job would be first the flight to get to your destination for work meaning we traveled a lot to perform our job duties. Duties include working as team to kit 100+ kit bags for the Navy Security personnel. I learned a lot about the CBRN equipment they use, and life as government contractor. Hardest part of job was the long flight – more... travels but also was the most enjoyable because I seen parts of the world I could never imagine. – less
Excellent employment environment.
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VADecember 10, 2013
Great staff and team supporting critical intelligence mission.

1 2 3 4

About CAMBER Corporation

Camber is more than happy to get its hands dirty when it comes to the armed services. The company primarily serves the US military – Read more