CAMBER Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

I wouldn't work there again
IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2016
I wouldn't work there again. I had nothing to do for the first 3 months I was there. Too much in fighting between DC and TX office. The Director is a über micro manager. Too much in fighting among teams. A ton of finger pointing. No one is willing to help anyone but themselves. They are not willing to train anyone. Too many cliques and if you aren't part of the clique they will sink you. Stay far away from this place. They know everything that is going on but they don't say anything.
Pros
I never had to work over 40 hours
Cons
Communication was horrible, too cliquey, pay wasn't that good, constantly watching your 6
Fulfilling work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KY 40121February 29, 2016
Working as a Firearms Instructor was great fun. To be able to pass on years of knowledge and continue to serve the Army was fun and rewarding.
Pros
What's better than getting paid to shoot?
Okay, but not great.
Title (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 13, 2016
I worked here for a year, and the general feeling I got is that this job is very..cliquey. If you didn't talk to the right people, you didn't even get daily tasks. If you weren't in their cliques, then word of mouth news didn't get to you. And pretty much everything at this job was spread through word of mouth; important processes, new policies, everything. That sort of thing made this job difficult.

The management has bad communication skills as well. There was several times I got berated because management didn't let upper management know what I was doing so they thought I was doing nothing. On top of that, their management will call entire meetings or make remarks in meetings that call out specific people for not doing their job 'right', which makes for a very uncertain work environment. I don't know if they do that on purpose or if the management there isn't trained properly.

Their processes were messy, their internal systems are a nightmare, I'd say if you really NEEDED a job this place is a pretty okay steady place to work. But if you had any other options you might want to consider them first.
Pros
Generally stable schedules
Cons
Management is very confused about their own policies and has horrible communication.
Great Company.
Armorer, Gunsmith (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 25, 2015
Love the Job, got to travel alot, and made good money. To bad the contract was lost because of funding. Some of the Supervisors had chips on they're shoulders, or a superiority complex. But it was worth it.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Some of the co workers were hard to work with or work under.
A lot of Change and not winning much work
Vice President, Procurement & Government Property (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 15, 2015
Camber is changing like all companys they need to focus on winning work

Camber is going thru a number of changes cutting benefits, not giving raises.
Great Company
Strategic Planner/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 19, 2015
Customer focused, and employee empowering. Project Managers were great and gave the team great guidance and didn't lead by smothering. Would love to work here again.
Professional Development Opportunities
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  ILAugust 12, 2015
The company provide training funds for professional learning opportunities. Company processes are undeveloped and immature. The company is constantly changing and leadership is in constant flux.
Positive support from leadership
Information System Security Officer, SMC/RSS (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 20, 2015
While a Camber employee, I have been seated at the customer's location as dictated by the terms of the awarded contract. A typical day consists of performing tasks supporting the certification and accreditation of a ground-based satellite system. My Camber management has been and continues to be exemplary.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Tries to keep up but cannot quite manage due to misplaced leadership. Has been a great place to work in the past.
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAJuly 11, 2015
Most of the work is done by lower level workers who never get the credit for what has happened. Too many decisions are made from the top without ever looking down to see what would truly improve or help make the company a better place to work and to succeed. It has been a good place to work in the past. I have enjoyed the employees around me but new leadership in the past year or so has done more harm than good and morale is at an all time low. I hope that this company can turn itself around as it has had good potential in the past.
Pros
Good benefits, generous vacation
Cons
Bad upper managment
Great company
H-1 Field Service Representative/ IMDS/HUMS (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJune 3, 2015
If you have a chance to work for Camber, you should take it. I loved the work and the people in the company.

Good people, professional environment, well equipped to do the job. Managers try to understand the work you do and appreciate your efforts.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Much of the work is gov contracts and can expire or terminate
Program Analyst
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDMay 13, 2015
Camber was very involved with the support of government customers. My co-workers were very knowledgeable and shared their experience with me.
Lots of challenges and management are fair
Software Architect/Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2015
Lots of challenges and management are fair
many satellite office. Central IT is in Virginia where Chief IT is location where most decisions are given. Above they need more contracts with the government for better option of jobs.
Employee Satisfaction Guaranteed
Aircraft Mechcanic/Weapons Specialist I/II (Former Employee) –  Creech AFB, NVMarch 31, 2015
Working for Camber Corpoation has truly been a blessing. Managnent was a pleasure to work with. Supervisors were very involved with its employees which is sometimes a challange due to the fact that I work in deployed overseas locations. You turly feel like part of the team and your voice matters. Your not just a number.
Great place to work awesome benefits
Budgeting/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 5, 2015
I worked for Camber for over 14 years and planned to retire there, but I was laid off due to contracts ending, budget cuts. I would love to get back in the same field as I truly enjoyed the job I did.
Pros
free health insurance
Cons
management change
Productive and fun place to work
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville ALFebruary 26, 2015
A great place to work. Enjoy the things I learn on a daily basis and the equipment I get to work with. The management is great and definitely supports its employees.
Excellent Company
Division Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Camber Corporation was an excellent company to work for while they were an employee owned company. The company sold in 2008 to private investors at which time the personality of the company changed.
Good company able to put people into positions where they can make a difference.
General engineer (Current Employee) –  Warren, MichiganJanuary 25, 2015
Work assignments are clear and teamwork is good, Typical day is 80 percent on the computer with the remainder spent in meetings reviewing technical information and/or planning to meet key milestones. My manager is very capable and provides good guidance, Co-workers are great.
Pros
working for and with an exceptional group of people.
Part time Accounting (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AlabamaJanuary 24, 2015
I love this company, it is filled with friendly people, has great benefits, and a very comfortable atmosphere. I learned the system Deltek Costpoint, and how to reconcile accounts. The hardest part of my job is filing, but only because of the monotony.
Fast-Paced environment
Technical Lead, USPTO (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 13, 2015
This position allows the resident geek in me to help others with filing their applications online. As a technical Specialist, I assist internal and external customers with issues filing their patent applications online.
Great Company
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDJanuary 8, 2015
The company and leadership are great to work with. The hardest part is the uncertainty of the contracting world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAMBER Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.