CAMBER Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
Loved working here, great people, good work life balance. everyone seems to care about the work being done. Could go days without speaking to my supervisor (I am remote), but that wasn't a bad thing as they fully trusted me and my work.
Pros
remote work eligible, decent pay, discretionary 401k disbursements
Cons
contracts dry up then so do the job.
Hectick work place, uncertain job retention
Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMay 4, 2017
I would not recommend to anyone to work for Camber. It is a cut throat philosophy. Uncertainty about whether you have employment form week to week. Remote work place from company headquarters.
Company never engaged with those of us
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2017
that were off site on contract. Never felt that we were actually apart of the company. When the contract was awarded to a new company, Camber never gave any effort into placing us somewhere else.
An office with a window
Program Analyst/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 23, 2017
It was nice having an office with a window as opposed to being in a cube environment.

I worked in a software culture.

They hire people with out college degrees.
Good people to work with
Configuration and Release Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 3, 2017
Team work was excellent although not knowledgeable in software configuration management. Enjoyed people very much. Missed management support for configuration management but great team made up for that.
Waiting for security clearance to begin work
Senior Stress Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 31, 2017
Very Friendly and Knowledgeable people. Excellent location near Corpus Bay. Looking forward to working there. Very exciting opportunities to support U. S. military.
Productive work place
Central Violations Bureau/ Case Processor for CVB (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2017
I was a contractor for the AOUSC. Good salary and benefits. Coworkers were great for the couple of years I was there. The one downside was HR not keeping you informed of contracts, being laid off or changes. Poor HR management for sure. Shared personal information about others when you did not ask. Completely unprofessional. Besides that I am grateful I became very knowledgeable in federal legal setting. I enjoyed my position.
Pros
Met great people to work with, definitely life long friends
Cons
Individual agendas, self interest workplace, poor communication
Nice place to work
Instructional Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 21, 2017
Have worked for the company a long time and have seen many changes. Great company when it comes to workplace culture. The company has changed a great deal over the last five years. Has been challenging to adapt to the various changes but has made me a more adaptable and flexible employee.
Good Pay.
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 24, 2017
As long as you're making money for them, they're happy. Dedicated, intelligent co-workers.
Good salary and benefits.
Strong focus on quality.
Some interesting projects.
Respected by clients.
Strong personal integrity and commitment of most staff and management.
Good company to work for
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 30, 2016
I worked for Camber Corporation on a government contract for Honeywell to provide technical support to approximately 600 people. I was one of 7 Camber people that worked on the Help Desk, and they were really nice to work with. Camber Corporation takes care of their people.
Contract company for Tank Command; DoD
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 22, 2016
Good job very different from automotive. After a year or two our office was closed.
Typical work day consisted of doing FMEAs for systems/components that had been in Southwest Asia vs systems/components that had not been.
I think the hardest part of the job was "slowing down" the work pace.
Pros
Different from automotive
Stability of office
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 20, 2016
The office at this location was apparently for a few contracts and once those contracts were lost, the employees were in the dark about what was going on and were surprised when laid off and the office closed.
Pros
Good to employees
Cons
Instability of contract caused layoff and closing of office
Poor leadership
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 15, 2016
Typically work most hours, nights and weekends. Poor Management.
Co-workers are the best part of job
Time life balance is non existent
Pros
Friendly capable co-workers
Cons
Lack of training comunucation
Productive workplace
OTI SIM IA System Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILDecember 2, 2016
Good company to work for. Good pay and benefits. Good management. Good co-workers. Interesting job. The travel is not burdensome and I get to see new places.
Fulfilling work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KY 40121February 29, 2016
Working as a Firearms Instructor was great fun. To be able to pass on years of knowledge and continue to serve the Army was fun and rewarding.
Pros
What's better than getting paid to shoot?
Okay, but not great.
Title (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 13, 2016
I worked here for a year, and the general feeling I got is that this job is very..cliquey. If you didn't talk to the right people, you didn't even get daily tasks. If you weren't in their cliques, then word of mouth news didn't get to you. And pretty much everything at this job was spread through word of mouth; important processes, new policies, everything. That sort of thing made this job difficult.

The management has bad communication skills as well. There was several times I got berated because management didn't let upper management know what I was doing so they thought I was doing nothing. On top of that, their management will call entire meetings or make remarks in meetings that call out specific people for not doing their job 'right', which makes for a very uncertain work environment. I don't know if they do that on purpose or if the management there isn't trained properly.

Their processes were messy, their internal systems are a nightmare, I'd say if you really NEEDED a job this place is a pretty okay steady place to work. But if you had any other options you might want to consider them first.
Pros
Generally stable schedules
Cons
Management is very confused about their own policies and has horrible communication.
Great Company.
Armorer, Gunsmith (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 25, 2015
Love the Job, got to travel alot, and made good money. To bad the contract was lost because of funding. Some of the Supervisors had chips on they're shoulders, or a superiority complex. But it was worth it.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Some of the co workers were hard to work with or work under.
A lot of Change and not winning much work
Vice President, Procurement & Government Property (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 15, 2015
Camber is changing like all companys they need to focus on winning work

Camber is going thru a number of changes cutting benefits, not giving raises.
Great Company
Strategic Planner/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 19, 2015
Customer focused, and employee empowering. Project Managers were great and gave the team great guidance and didn't lead by smothering. Would love to work here again.
Professional Development Opportunities
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  ILAugust 12, 2015
The company provide training funds for professional learning opportunities. Company processes are undeveloped and immature. The company is constantly changing and leadership is in constant flux.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAMBER Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2