Cambia Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Review
Provider Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 8, 2017
The educational side of this job was great, but some of the management have no business being there. Especially if they can't stay in their role at work and only let work and not personal interactions affect them or the other party!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Backstabbing
Supportive company with room for advancement
PROVIDER CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST LV (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 22, 2017
Cambia is a great place to work. They are always willing to work with you and let you learn at your own pace. Management is very supportive and friendly.
Well organized, but focused on profits more than employees
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAMay 26, 2017
Customer service does a great job. A typical day is very busy, yet training and management are not very understanding of learning styles. Trainers are not college educated, and thus are not up-to-day in pedagogical development with adult learning. The hardest part of the job was a disconnect between training and development team and front-line customer service employees.
Great benefits
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 22, 2017
As an employee you feel very valued. They have great benefits and it is a fun place to work. It is kind of "messy" which creates a lot of work and you can't easily get the data you need/want.
Benefits
Cons
Data availability
Typical corporate environment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 9, 2017
While I enjoyed my actual job, looming yearly layoffs made it difficult to feel secure and fully invest in the Company. Not much room for advancement. You'd be selected for an interview but a candidate was usually selected by management previously so you really had no chance anyway. Compensation was fair but no so the benefits. You'd think as the actual health insurer that the benefits would be outstanding. But the cost and out-of-pockets were very high.
Great
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 4, 2017
This is a great place to work. This job challenges you but overall is a great experience. I also really enjoyed the people I worked with and the ever-changing job responsibilities.
Great company to work for
Provider Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDFebruary 10, 2017
The hardest part of the job as then phone calls with people who were angry. The best were calls that were quickly resolved. Management is supportive.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Slow advance
A good pay job but no connections with team
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 20, 2016
The pay was great, however, there was not much of a team connection. No team gathering for the holidays, not much bonding. You don't know when you're going to lose your job there.
Pros
The hours are very flexible.
Cons
Job stability
Great company with tons of potential
QA ETL Tester (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2016
Indeed has been a great place to work. With any growing company, there have been moments of stress. But through strong leadership and a clear mission (I help people get jobs), Indeed has been an amazing place to work. The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied. I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
Pros
Snacks, happy hours, activities and lots of career opportunities.
Cons
Fast growth often leaves our organization struggling to keep up with the demands of the business.
A bunch of little areas that don't communicate
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 29, 2015
Every team works in silos. SAS code is written for certain areas, then it gets recreated for others. I have also noticed that different teams lived by different rules. You can do the same type on analytical work, but some teams let you work from home if needed, and some teams are very strict. It seems the teams are more tiny companies that compete with each other instead of trying to find synergy.
Pros
Was able to Work From Home some
Cons
Management, communication between teams
Supportive culture where you don't need to check your experience at the front door...
Manager-IT Operations-Enterprise Tools Support (Current Employee) –  1561 SW 1st Ave, Portland, OR 97201August 29, 2015
Cambia embraces new ideas and experiences that employees bring from previous job or schooling. The culture values hard work, however, there is flexibility around hours as needed or working remotely. There is an open atmosphere for sharing information, good or bad news, because of the continuous improvement direction. Since I'm in Operations, first thing I do every day is to check for system performance and how my team(s) need to engage in issues. We have a morning Management Stand-up that give a great overview of the previous day's performance so we can organize to address those issues that are slowing customer service reps, claims processors, sales representatives so impacts to productivity are minimal. Then, we work on the improvement projects that are clearly set in the Quarterly Goals. Upper Management is readily available to remove barriers to making improvement. Cambia is in a formative state do to changes and plans brought about due to the Affordable Care Act, and seem a little behind the curve on this. Recently they have be adding a relatively high number of C-Level employees that puzzles the rank and file as we continue focus on cost reductions. Overall, the Cambia Cause to create more transparency and sustainability to the health care market is highly motivating, and we feel aligned and energized by it.
Pros
Culture, Cause, Management availability
Cons
Cost reductions and being asked to do more with less, Two reductions in force in 2014 to get the right skills, and hiring what seems to be a high number of C-level position.
Stressfull with very poor management
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 23, 2015
Upper Management was terrible.

As an IT Manager I was asked to manage several Agile Development teams. Director was inexperienced, very controlling and negative. Weekly the Director would berate the team and the individual team members. When I went above the Director to inform leadership about my concerns, I was terminated.

I was told that we would have Product Owners soon, but, in the meantime have the development team take on the responsibilities of that role. Six months later and the Product Owner was not hired. I was told by the Director to put the 2 SR PMs on a CAP for basically not being able to do 2 jobs at once SR PM and Product Owner).

Individual contributors were very dedicated and great to work with.
Pros
Good pay, great individaul contributors
Cons
IT Management
Transforming Healthcare and customer experience
Regence Health Plans -Manager, Marketing (Current Employee) –  portland, OregonMay 19, 2015
Excellent company with great leadership. Transforming healthcare to make it more customer focus and easier to access/understanding
Great Company
System Administrator III (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 24, 2015
Great company with wonderful management and very nice, friendly and helpful team members.
An excellent place to learn new things, great exposure where taking initiatives and responsibilities is greatly appreciated.
Fun and great learning enviorment
Clinical Intake Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Portland, OregonApril 12, 2015
Since I started at Cambia I have learned so much about the healthcare industry. My co-workers and managers have been a great source of knowledge.
Dedicated Staff in Need of Updating Current Trends
Population Health and Quality Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonMarch 7, 2015
This seems to be a common issue with government health. There is a lack of funding, the staff stay so busy, and nobody ever is able to keep up to date on the latest trends in technology. This is unfortunate, as so many public health staff are very innovative and dedicated to their work.
The type of supervision received varies on the individual characteristics of the direct supervisor. There is a lack of overall supervision. Many staff are left to do their jobs and do them well. The politics are the most frustrating and also work changes depending on funding.
Pros
Working for the health of the community
Cons
program funding, politics, variation in leadership style
Great place to work, good team enviornment
Business Systems Analyst Support Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IdahoJanuary 10, 2015
Good flexibility, able to work remote. Worked there for over 20 yrs then got laid off. Seniority does not play a role in budget cuts/lay offs.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Job security, budget cuts
Personal Care Specialist at Cambia Health
Personal Care Team Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Portland, OregonJanuary 8, 2015
I enjoyed working with professionals in the medical field they ranged from Nurses, Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Clinicians and retired Doctors. I would receive request from them to retrieve hospital readmission data and compile a report for them to review and evaluate. I Assigned members with qualifying diagnosis of Heart Disease, Renal Failure, and Respiratory Ailments to the clinical personnel for further evaluation. Reviewed medical records, prepare documents and scan for Behavioral and Case Management Clinicians. Maintain Case Managers reports such as Future Risk Cost, High Risk Pregnancies, and Productivity reports.
Data mined large quantities of data to identify high risk utilizations and route candidates to specific programs. Supported Personal Care staff by researching clinical data, contractual benefits, and reviewing Hospital Readmission Daily Census reports. Responded to request for history of controlled substance and pharmacy data and produced a reports for clinical and utilization clinicians to review. Compile monthly productivity totals and utilize data mining software to produce monthly reports for management to review. Post service claim review, communicated processing instructions pertaining to Providers or Facilities contracts. I learned medical terminology, how to read CPT and ICD codes. The most enjoyable part of my job was finding members to assign to Case Management where they would receive the appropiate level care by a licensed Nurse or Licensed Clinical Social Worker. The hardest part of my job was analyzing large amounts of data and
  more... sitting for long periods of time.  less
Pros
Health Benefits and Yearly Incentive
Cons
Long sit times, technical problems such as slow systems or down time
A 6.7 billion dollar multi-state, multi-plan health insurance company.
Architect (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 24, 2014
As an Enterprise Architect I provide expert advice to senior management and executives (on both Business and IT side) on how to best solve tough business and technical problems. I am responsible for designing and leading the implementation of sophisticated technical solutions for critical business initiatives.
Oversight of engineering and development teams to ensure faithful rendering of the Enterprise Architecture
In the area of team leadership and development I am known for bridging people and processes together resulting in powerful outcomes.
A large part of my work is to influence decision making processes or evangelize sets of ideals in the enterprise. There are times at the decision-making table when I must negotiate to get things accomplished. I am often in situations when I am required to think quickly and on my toes in order to solve problems or lead in making a decision. (e.g.: when it is unclear which existing technologies to use or how to tie them together).
Embedded in Agile teams with Scrum Master experience my role is to assure alignment with enterprise architecture direction and best practices. Skilled in team dynamics and able to motivate quietly and effectively through tense and demanding situations.
I am involved in evaluation, selection, and procurement of new technologies / vendors.
Excellent company to work for, but job security is an issue recently due to outsourcing of many jobs.
Knowledge Management Author (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 20, 2014
Excellent company to work for, but job security has become an issue due to outsourcing of many jobs. Pay is par for industry and profit sharing is above average.
Supervisor was superior. We were well trained to do our jobs, and when we had questions the more experienced staff was happy to clarify and coach.
Overall a very good experience, and i enjoyed working at the company a great deal.
We knew for nearly two years that the company was training staff with a company in India to take over many of our jobs, so the downsizing was not unexpected.
No regrets, overall a very positive experience and I would do it again.
Pros
Excellent profit sharing
Cons
Downsizing created stress over job cuts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambia Health Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9