Cambria Suites Employee Reviews

Nice Place
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2015
This is a nice place to work. Nice employees, nice management. Easy work, fast pace environment, nice work environment.
This Hotel Was A Lovely Environment To Work , I Also Learned A lot On The Basis Of Dealing With People That Are More Like Guest At Your Home!
Night Auditor/Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2015
Learning The Inside Work Of A Hotel Is Very Helpful In Pretty Much Any Field Which Was The Best Part Gaining Those Skills Especially If Working Wanting To Work With People In Your Future Careers.
Pros
Its A Very Good Learning Experience Working With Guest, Learning The Ins And Outs Of A Hotel, Plus The Skills That Are Learned As Well
Cons
No Cons At All
My experience within this company
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 17, 2015
Management let you gave me a great chance to learn and let me know how to operate in the hotel business the opportunity that will be giving
Pros
knowledge
Cons
hours
meet lots of VIP
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  pittsburghJune 26, 2015
Manage the housekeeping and Laundry depts hiring, firing training counseling, submitting payroll ,making schedules , working closely with sales and front desk to maximize revenue
Pros
location
Cons
n/a
Great Environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 25, 2015
Its was an awesome work place and we try to make our customers happy from the time they get there till the time they leave. and I use to get a lot of compliments on my smile.
Productive work place great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 1, 2015
I would start my day in the office, we would all get the run down on what needed to be done right away and our list of rooms we needed to clean. We always worked as a team and helped each other out.

While I was working there I learned the meaning of team work, and when you have a great boss how smoothly things can go, and when you work hard it pays off. I've never had a manager have so much respect and care for their employers as I did working for this company.

The management and the boss of this company treated everyone with respect, and if something came up and it was important they always understood. All the managers of the different departments were always there and answered any questions you had worked well with their employers.

The co-workers I had there were also very great to work with. If they finished their list of rooms they had they would always be more than wiling to help. No matter how stressful the day was you knew you always had someone there for you and that always makes a great place to work at.

I think the hardest part of the job was sometimes you had to get rooms done quickly so people could stay and the rooms and they had to be spotless. other than that I loved that job. Also the second hardest thing about the job was having to leave and come back to New Hampshire.

The most enjoyable part of my job there was the people I worked with and the management, also the people that were regulars and stayed there all the time always made your day.
Pros
free lunches, nice notes from the people that stayed in the rooms
Cons
some of the cleaning suppies hurt your hands
grerat place
HOUSING KEEPING (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 15, 2014
The Housekeeper keeps the community clean and safe for residents, staff and guests. Our commitment to the highest level of hospitality creates a need for uncompromising cleanliness, neatness, and customer service
Management does not care
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 27, 2014
Always understaffed and new people being hired very slowly. Have to work until 11pm and then back at 6am. Management does not offer support or care about raises/advancement.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
pay, work hours
Fun Front Desk with Humorous Guests!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 29, 2014
A typical day at the hotel is managing the rush of large groups of guest enjoying the complimentary breakfast and the mass check out of the guests usually occurring around 10am-11am. Then the day slows down and in that time you prep for the night shift, handling any special requests or necessary accommodations.
Pros
free breakfast!
Wonderful place to work!
Housekeeper/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 5, 2014
Best place I've ever worked. It was such an honor to be a part of the team! I only left because I had to relocate! Cambria and the management are amazing! Fair pay, equal opportunities for advancement. Love this place! They appreciate their employee and treat everyone wonderfully with holiday parties and occasional free lunches for the staff!
Pros
everything!
Cons
Pleasant place to work but no room to grow.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJanuary 16, 2014
This hotel is American owned and operated and is a pleasant place to work. There is just no room to advance. If you need a steady reliable job then this would be great as long as you are happy with what you do.
Pros
steady work and pleasant staff.
Cons
no room to grow.
Best hotel in Green Bay WI. Guest and employees are all like family
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 22, 2013
From Green Bay Packers games to corporate seminars the Cambria Suites (now Marriott) is a great place to enjoy a good nights rest.
odd place to work
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 6, 2013
Riddled with nepotism. I get it because I too would hire my idiot friends and place them in positions of authority. Well, I would have BEFORE I suffered because of it.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
general manager's idiot nieghbor ran one department, her drinking buddy was second in command, her favorite bartender from soro was third
Amazing Fresh Hotel
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 8, 2013
Loved working here when it first opened was so new and great.
Challenging Work
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 30, 2013
Management issues, very impersonal. Great coworkers, same complaint from all staff.
Enthusiastic Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 5, 2013
The Front Desk attendants, Café and Housekeeping workers were friendly. Front Desk attendants was Courteous to the guests and knew the long term guests by name. Slow paced in the morning and became more faced paced when the afternoon began. I learned, greet guests going in and out, making sure the guests stay goes well and to leave your personal life outside of work. The hardest part during my externship was having guests in front and a future guest on the phone. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and working beside a great Front Desk Attendant that gave me pointers before I left for my first job.
Cambria
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 8, 2013
It was a ok job . it was a typical housekeeping jbo that expected too much work for too litte pay.
High Tech, Modern Hotel, Best job ever
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 26, 2013
I worked at two different Cambria Suites and have to say they both were the best hotels I've ever worked at. They were new so guests were always happy which made my job so easy. With the bar in the lobby as a front desk agent you get much more guest interaction than other hotels. It has this warm inviting aura to the hotel. The brand new Technology is stellar. And the big TV right in front of the front desk to watch all day was pretty cool even though all day all we were allowed to watch was CNN.
lovely hotel
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 18, 2012
Best Asst General Manager learned so much about the hotel business from the man co workers worked well with each other
Pros
great food cooks at hotel were great
Cons
wish the shuttle service was 24hrs hard for guest flying in after midnite
Review
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 9, 2012
I loved working at this hotel.I opened up this new hotel, therefore I learned alot about a new hotel and all of its amentities.

4.3