Cambria Suites Employee Reviews

no benefits, less hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Sweep, mop, scrub, dust, wax and polish furniture, windows, floors, walls, furnishing, equipment and hardware.
Vacuumed carpets
Removed soiled linens
Terrible CEO's, Clearly this place will be out of business soon
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SD 57701September 26, 2016
It was very clear from the start that the upper end of the company was siphoning all of the revenue of it's hotels straight up to the top. I saw many of them come through on vacations not caring at all that the hotel I worked in and many others couldn't afford to buy amenities to put in the rooms, or have water fountains in public areas, or afford to fix the computers we are supposed to have available to guests.
All of the troubles of the hotel were put on the low end of the staff and no manager took any responsibility for anything.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, very few raises, no chance for advancement
Executive Housekeeper
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 23, 2016
Learned a lot about managing people and running shifts. This hotel has 103 suites with refrigerators and microwaves for the guest convent.
good place too work and learn alot
Shuttle driver /houseman (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 16, 2016
good company too work for but management was that good at all company was going manager left and right and workers other than that good place too work good work environment and meet different people along way too help move on and bunch out...
Fast pace and productive
Front Desk Rceptionist/ Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 25, 2016
Working with Cambria Suites was not hard at all. The management team in housekeeping was very helpful to all staff. Fast pace never a dull moment. I enjoyed the friendly guest and staff. Work isn't so bad when you work with a great team.
Pros
Friendly Guest and Staff
Cons
under staffed
Fun Workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2015
I learned how to not feed into certain things that are irrelevant.
The most I enjoyed about my job is meeting new people.
I have learned a lot from this company like leaving my problems behind. Keeping a smile on my face.
Pros
freedom of speach
Cons
short breaks
Nice Place
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2015
This is a nice place to work. Nice employees, nice management. Easy work, fast pace environment, nice work environment.
This Hotel Was A Lovely Environment To Work , I Also Learned A lot On The Basis Of Dealing With People That Are More Like Guest At Your Home!
Night Auditor/Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2015
Learning The Inside Work Of A Hotel Is Very Helpful In Pretty Much Any Field Which Was The Best Part Gaining Those Skills Especially If Working Wanting To Work With People In Your Future Careers.
Pros
Its A Very Good Learning Experience Working With Guest, Learning The Ins And Outs Of A Hotel, Plus The Skills That Are Learned As Well
Cons
No Cons At All
My experience within this company
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 17, 2015
Management let you gave me a great chance to learn and let me know how to operate in the hotel business the opportunity that will be giving
Pros
knowledge
Cons
hours
meet lots of VIP
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  pittsburghJune 26, 2015
Manage the housekeeping and Laundry depts hiring, firing training counseling, submitting payroll ,making schedules , working closely with sales and front desk to maximize revenue
Pros
location
Cons
n/a

Want to know more about Cambria Suites?

Ask a question
Great Environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 25, 2015
Its was an awesome work place and we try to make our customers happy from the time they get there till the time they leave. and I use to get a lot of compliments on my smile.
Productive work place great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 1, 2015
I would start my day in the office, we would all get the run down on what needed to be done right away and our list of rooms we needed to clean. We always worked as a team and helped each other out.

While I was working there I learned the meaning of team work, and when you have a great boss how smoothly things can go, and when you work hard it pays off. I've never had a manager have so much respect and care for their employers as I did working for this company.

The management and the boss of this company treated everyone with respect, and if something came up and it was important they always understood. All the managers of the different departments were always there and answered any questions you had worked well with their employers.

The co-workers I had there were also very great to work with. If they finished their list of rooms they had they would always be more than wiling to help. No matter how stressful the day was you knew you always had someone there for you and that always makes a great place to work at.

I think the hardest part of the job was sometimes you had to get rooms done quickly so people could stay and the rooms and they had to be spotless. other than that I loved that job. Also the second hardest thing about the job was having to leave and come back to New Hampshire.

The most enjoyable part of my job there was the people I worked with and the management, also the people that were regulars and stayed there all the time always made your day.
Pros
Free lunches, nice notes from the people that stayed in the rooms
Cons
Some of the cleaning suppies hurt your hands
grerat place
HOUSING KEEPING (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 15, 2014
The Housekeeper keeps the community clean and safe for residents, staff and guests. Our commitment to the highest level of hospitality creates a need for uncompromising cleanliness, neatness, and customer service
Management does not care
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 27, 2014
Always understaffed and new people being hired very slowly. Have to work until 11pm and then back at 6am. Management does not offer support or care about raises/advancement.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Pay, work hours
Fun Front Desk with Humorous Guests!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 29, 2014
A typical day at the hotel is managing the rush of large groups of guest enjoying the complimentary breakfast and the mass check out of the guests usually occurring around 10am-11am. Then the day slows down and in that time you prep for the night shift, handling any special requests or necessary accommodations.
Pros
Free Breakfast!
Wonderful place to work!
Housekeeper/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 5, 2014
Best place I've ever worked. It was such an honor to be a part of the team! I only left because I had to relocate! Cambria and the management are amazing! Fair pay, equal opportunities for advancement. Love this place! They appreciate their employee and treat everyone wonderfully with holiday parties and occasional free lunches for the staff!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Pleasant place to work but no room to grow.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJanuary 16, 2014
This hotel is American owned and operated and is a pleasant place to work. There is just no room to advance. If you need a steady reliable job then this would be great as long as you are happy with what you do.
Pros
Steady work and pleasant staff.
Cons
No room to grow.
Best hotel in Green Bay WI. Guest and employees are all like family
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 22, 2013
From Green Bay Packers games to corporate seminars the Cambria Suites (now Marriott) is a great place to enjoy a good nights rest.
odd place to work
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 6, 2013
Riddled with nepotism. I get it because I too would hire my idiot friends and place them in positions of authority. Well, I would have BEFORE I suffered because of it.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
General manager's idiot nieghbor ran one department, Her drinking buddy was second in command, Her favorite bartender from Soro was third
Amazing Fresh Hotel
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 8, 2013
Loved working here when it first opened was so new and great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambria Suites. Our community is ready to answer.