Cambria Suites Employee Reviews

Good place for the young and uneducated
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MINovember 22, 2017
Started out as a great place to work, friendly people, a fun place to work, but it became obvious that management treated employees differently.

Would not recommend anyone work here.
Pros
50% off food in their over priced restaurant
Cons
no raises, no advancement opportunity
Disorganized
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
Not enough help, disappointed with the attitudes of management. Too much chaos. Poorly constructed building. Huge communication issues between staff and management.
Fun work place, team work, advance learning experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2017
This was one of my favorite jobs ever. Cambria Suites was one of my most wonderful experience, I learned so much here and also made wonderful friends. Great coworkers.
Pros
Free lunches, discount, flexibility
Cons
No overtime
Meeting new people
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 29, 2017
Enjoyed helping others and being part of a team enviroment.Always the potential for long hours and many after hour phone calls, being on call 24/7 and always answered my calls whether it was my department or others.
Pros
Benefit Package
Cons
Long hours, on call 24/7 even on vacation or holidays
Wouldnt recommand
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2017
When I first started working here, it was great but management has made this job worst than what it should be, but, this is a hotel and my first and last. The company has a lot of potential but, doesn't use it to their ability.
Pros
discounted rooms and food
Cons
healthcare, mangement, employee
I enjoyed working at Cambria Suites
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 17, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Cambria Suites. I had a good working relationship with the hotel manager.
I had good co-workers and I believe we made some major improvements while there.
Pros
Learned a lot about coordinating banquets, meetings, etc
all together company
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2017
The company is not ran correctly. They lie about the hours of work. They told me my shift was 8-4. I didnt get out of there sometimes until 6pm. They dont have enough staff to complete the tasks that they ask for.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours and mangement
no benefits, less hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Sweep, mop, scrub, dust, wax and polish furniture, windows, floors, walls, furnishing, equipment and hardware.
Vacuumed carpets
Removed soiled linens
A great job and great teamwork!
Assistant Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 8, 2016
I truly loved this job! The downfall was management. The housekeeping manager hardly had anything positive to say and once housekeepers started leaving she started sucking up to the rest of us. You had to walk on egg shells with her because you never knew when she was going to be in the worst of moods or be in a "good" mood. The team on the other hand is pretty awesome! Once you move up to being her assistant, it seems like you can never live up to her standards. I bent over backwards for that woman and hardly ever was shown appreciation. A simple thank you would have been nice.
Pros
Great team, 30 minute lunch, medical and dental (for full-time)
Cons
Pay rate is way too low
Terrible CEO's, Clearly this place will be out of business soon
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SD 57701September 26, 2016
It was very clear from the start that the upper end of the company was siphoning all of the revenue of it's hotels straight up to the top. I saw many of them come through on vacations not caring at all that the hotel I worked in and many others couldn't afford to buy amenities to put in the rooms, or have water fountains in public areas, or afford to fix the computers we are supposed to have available to guests.
All of the troubles of the hotel were put on the low end of the staff and no manager took any responsibility for anything.
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare, very few raises, no chance for advancement
Executive Housekeeper
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 23, 2016
Learned a lot about managing people and running shifts. This hotel has 103 suites with refrigerators and microwaves for the guest convent.
good place too work and learn alot
Shuttle driver /houseman (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 16, 2016
good company too work for but management was that good at all company was going manager left and right and workers other than that good place too work good work environment and meet different people along way too help move on and bunch out...
Fast pace and productive
Front Desk Rceptionist/ Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 25, 2016
Working with Cambria Suites was not hard at all. The management team in housekeeping was very helpful to all staff. Fast pace never a dull moment. I enjoyed the friendly guest and staff. Work isn't so bad when you work with a great team.
Pros
Friendly Guest and Staff
Cons
under staffed
Fun Workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2015
I learned how to not feed into certain things that are irrelevant.
The most I enjoyed about my job is meeting new people.
I have learned a lot from this company like leaving my problems behind. Keeping a smile on my face.
Pros
freedom of speach
Cons
short breaks
Nice Place
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2015
This is a nice place to work. Nice employees, nice management. Easy work, fast pace environment, nice work environment.
This Hotel Was A Lovely Environment To Work , I Also Learned A lot On The Basis Of Dealing With People That Are More Like Guest At Your Home!
Night Auditor/Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2015
Learning The Inside Work Of A Hotel Is Very Helpful In Pretty Much Any Field Which Was The Best Part Gaining Those Skills Especially If Working Wanting To Work With People In Your Future Careers.
Pros
Its A Very Good Learning Experience Working With Guest, Learning The Ins And Outs Of A Hotel, Plus The Skills That Are Learned As Well
Cons
No Cons At All
My experience within this company
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 17, 2015
Management let you gave me a great chance to learn and let me know how to operate in the hotel business the opportunity that will be giving
Pros
knowledge
Cons
hours
meet lots of VIP
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  pittsburghJune 26, 2015
Manage the housekeeping and Laundry depts hiring, firing training counseling, submitting payroll ,making schedules , working closely with sales and front desk to maximize revenue
Pros
location
Cons
n/a
Great Environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 25, 2015
Its was an awesome work place and we try to make our customers happy from the time they get there till the time they leave. and I use to get a lot of compliments on my smile.
Productive work place great people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 1, 2015
I would start my day in the office, we would all get the run down on what needed to be done right away and our list of rooms we needed to clean. We always worked as a team and helped each other out.

While I was working there I learned the meaning of team work, and when you have a great boss how smoothly things can go, and when you work hard it pays off. I've never had a manager have so much respect and care for their employers as I did working for this company.

The management and the boss of this company treated everyone with respect, and if something came up and it was important they always understood. All the managers of the different departments were always there and answered any questions you had worked well with their employers.

The co-workers I had there were also very great to work with. If they finished their list of rooms they had they would always be more than wiling to help. No matter how stressful the day was you knew you always had someone there for you and that always makes a great place to work at.

I think the hardest part of the job was sometimes you had to get rooms done quickly so people could stay and the rooms and they had to be spotless. other than that I loved that job. Also the second hardest thing about the job was having to leave and come back to New Hampshire.

The most enjoyable part of my job there was the people I worked with and the management, also the people that were regulars and stayed there all the time always made your day.
Pros
Free lunches, nice notes from the people that stayed in the rooms
Cons
Some of the cleaning suppies hurt your hands