CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE

CAMBRIDGE COLLEGE United States Employee Reviews

Excellent College
Academic Support Coordinator (Current Employee), San Juan, PRApril 24, 2015
Pros: Good salary, good management, good collegaues
Cons: No cons
Cambrdge College brought me an opportunity to continue growing professionaly. Working in CC I learned a lot of academic procedures.
Positive working environment!
Adjunct Instructor, I (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 9, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons: Closiing in August 2015
When I think of a typical day at work at Cambridge I think of mature trainers, educators, mentors, future life-long learning, pure joy/ laughter in friendships, and fellowships. The Office manager is friendly. The building, rooms and restrooms are always clean. The Staff and Director are always understanding and open with a listening ear. We are comfortable to share in our opinions/thoughts on subject matters. I have learned how to enjoy the congestive drive to work. I have also enjoyed the extra long hours of training needed to keep everyone abreast to new rules and standards. The hardest part of my job is the closing date of August 2015.
Wonderful intern position!
Intern Student Service Administrator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2015
I learned a great deal of experience working at Cambridge College. My work days involved working directly with the Regional Director to ensure students would graduate in a timely manner. To complete our tasks other co-workers and I were given tasks and projects which were to be completed in a given time set by the regional director. Though the position is temporary and part-time, it is a very enjoyable opportunity.
Great culture, excellent people to work with and learn from.
Financial Services Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: the hours were great.
Cons: working in a place where you study is sometimes difficult.
I was able to apply a bit of all my past experiences and still be able to learn something new.
Good place to work for, development necessary, out dated system and workplace
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 7, 2014
Good place to work for, development necessary, out dated systems and workplace
Great school for the students, but the employees are treated poorly
Senior Site Liaison (Former Employee), Cambridge MAJune 15, 2014
Pros: education benifit
Cons: if the like you you move up otherwise you will be in the same posistion
Management turn over is high and human resources does a poor job with confidential matters.
A Mission Driven Organization
Job Title (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: finding time to take advantage of benefits
Cambridge College is a vibrant, collaborative, and a community focused organization that strives to serve students, faculty and administrators. This organization is great place to learn about passion and perseverance. Co-workers are dedicated to the mission and values of the College and strive each day to accomplish organizational goals. The hardest part of the job is remembering that there is always another day to come into work to accomplish the tasks at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people:- employees, students, and faculty.
Great place of learning and employment
Director of Alumni Relations (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 13, 2014
Pros: free education, after one year of employment
Cons: parking issues
I received my master's degree from Cambridge College. It was a wonderful place to work. I stayed for 25 years before I finally retired in November, 2012.

I would highly recommend Cambridge College, both as an institution of higher learning, second to none, and as an awesome place to work!
Good Job
Academic Processor (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 7, 2014
This was a great environment to work in being able to meet all kinds of people and managament treated you fair.
Love my job just not my boss
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), Cordova, TN 38018February 24, 2014
The overall morale is not good. I love my job but I don't like the person I work for.
Professional organization and great learning experience
Admission Counselor & Student Services Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRDecember 3, 2013
I enjoyed learning about Financial Aid and providing orientation and guidance to graduate students on their options.

It was a great learning experience
teaching graduate programs in curriculum in science
Senior Adjunct faculty ( part time job) (Current Employee), San Juan, PRNovember 23, 2013
Cons: adjunct senior faculty - part time job in pr site learning proyect.
organize thesis or independent learning proyects, investigation courses and offer science and education courses
A lot of work; but very helpful and eye-opening for students.
Adjunct College Supervisor Administration (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 3, 2013
Pros: students were given an opportunity to get some practical experience in education leadership.
Cons: students had a tendency to lean towards the area they liked most. example: administration
A typical day at work consisted of working with students who were earning a masters and/or specialist in education leadership. A 300-clock hour portfolio was required covering the following areas in their respective schools: administration, leadership, equity, professional development,and community relations.

Artifacts were required for all areas. An administrator at the school served in an advisory capacity to ensure that adequate time was spent in each area. As the college supervisor, my responsibility was to ensure that the objectives of the college were met, and that adequate time was spent in each area.
Great customer experience
Ricoh Site Manager I (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 27, 2013
Working in the college atmosphere was a challenging and wonderful experience for me.
A truly involved school that has the students best interest at heart.
Assistant to Financial Aid Dept. & Faculty (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 12, 2013
Pros: this is a part time job and that's what i need for now.
Cons: cambridge, ma is too far away from manchester, nh. i can live very nicely without the commute. the closer to manchester i get the better.
I work four hours (20) a week and the time flies by. I keep busy helping the students and faculty with log in problems to their schedules, making sure the class rooms are stocked with supplies and the equipment is in working condition, answering questions in regards to schedules, times and where to find information in regards to the same.

I have learned that we are all teachers and students in one way or another. I work with management and we have to have a schedule and a daily plan to follow. I keep a daily and weekly log so I can stay orgainzed.

The hardest part of my job is not being able to find and answer for someone. So I ask them to be patient and I will absolutely get back to them and give them tips on how to research the answer while they wait.

My co-workers are great. They are very cooperative and we work well together. I can trust them to get something done if I ask for help.

I enjoy the one one one interactions with the students and faculty. After a certain amount of time we get to know each other on a personal level as well as a professional level.
It seems like a great place to work for, but the reality is completely different.
Student Services (Former Employee), Cambirdge, MASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: great satisfaction working with students who are serious about their college education, aprx half the employees are unhappy with administration but truely committed to students.
Cons: administration makes empty promises, upper management block committees from making changes, they do not recognize exceptional employees, no opportunities for pay increase, staff earn more money then faculty members, not enough staff to handle the no. of students enrolled, not enough it staff to support online courses
Upper management does not know how to retain their very best employees or instructors. Top administration is made up of political hires with fake degrees and little to no knowledge of what academia really is and therefore do not know how to run the college effectively. Pay scales are completely off, house keeping makes more then the financial aid representative.
College culture is fitting to some but not for all.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 24, 2012
Pros: good place for parents, leaders, parents, mothers, educators...single mothers.
Cons: not a good environment for married with no children or non-experience in rearing children.
It is a very wealthy place to work if networked and have children entering college or newly parents. But it is more for those who now have children in college and have experience owning their own business and wants a degree.
A team oriented work environment
IT Systems Support Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 10, 2012