Cambridge Eating Disorder Center

Cambridge Eating Disorder Center Employer Reviews

A supportive and educational environment
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 17, 2013
At CEDC, I was able to work with girls ages 13+ in treating eating disorders. The center provided me with fantastic hands on experience in facilitating group therapy session, providing support for patients, becoming familiarized with clinical paperwork, intakes, and overall treatment for residential programs. The staff is dedicated and eager to share – more... their bountiful knowledge. The best part of the job is interacting with the patients, engaging in check-ins and running therapeutic meals and group sessions. I felt this all added to my experience as a social worker and has made me eager to advance in the field. – less
Overall
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 16, 2013
Pros: good starter job for student.
Cons: no advancement
Job is nothing like the job description. You are asked to have a degree, however you do not really need one when it come to some of the task you have to do like flush the bathroom for a patient or sit in on meals. A lot of the some patients cycle in and again which seems like some program approaches need to be changed.

April 18, 2013

The Residential Counselor position is very much an entry level position which allows recent graduates with a psychology degree to gain valuable experience in the mental health treatment of eating disorders. Eating Disorders are a serious physical and mental health concern. Relapses are common. As a general guideline, it appears that one third of patients fully recover, one third retain sub-threshold symptoms, and one third maintain a chronic eating disorder. The fact that some patients may return for treatment is a characteristic of the illness and not an indication of the standard of treatment received.