Cambridge Health Alliance

Cambridge Health Alliance Employer Reviews

good people
Clinical Chemistry internship (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 4, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: bad management
the coworkers are good people.
bad management.
low salary.
limited benefits.
Intellectually stimulating
Central Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Somerville, MAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
Intense multifaceted environment. I found it hard to follow management directives at times.
Fun and interesting place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 27, 2014
Working among a multidisciplinary team in a clinical setting; interacting with diverse populations on a daily basis
Hospital System in Financial Trouble
Applications Analyst (Current Employee), Somerville, MAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: the benifits are good! the pay is ok.
Cons: there is no training for your job.
The management is very top heavy. Also, the directors are an old boy network. They have advanced up the ranks, but have NO management training. There is no advancement possibilities. Directors to involved in the day to day details instead on managing staff. They are flexible with schedule.
seeing the smiles on patients faces when you helped them out
Lab clerical (Current Employee), Cambridge, MNJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: you are always learning something new every day
I love this job,worked in the lab for 13 years.Went through about 4 different computer programs,(this is like starting your job all over again). The only reason that I am looking for a different job is, Cambridge is putting the lab clerical and the phlebotomy together. I can not do the phlebotomy side of the job. I am allergic to perfume and when I – more... get around it my throat closes and that is not a good thing for the patient to go thought with a needle in there arm. – less
adult psychiatric outpatient clinic
Case Manager (Former Employee), Somerville MAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: stimulating learning environment
part of large teaching hospital. I was a case manager on an outoatient team; helped individuals with issues including : housing, employment, accessing entitlement programs
good people to work with nice clientele
CNA (Former Employee), Cambridge & Somerville HospitalsJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: short breaks sometime can be over the top stressful
excellent place to work. People there are great. Sometimes gets too busy....
A great place to work.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: short breaks
CHA is a great place to work. I love my co-workers. CHA is a teaching hospital. Students really seem to benifit from coming here.
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Everett, MAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: good managers
Cons: part-time jobs only
Ive have learned a lot throughout my time period at this job. I've gained lots of experience at this job and they have great co-workers to work with.I actually didn't really experience a hard part of this job throughout my time here. I would say maintaining the job for 6 years would be the enjoyable part of working here. A typical day at my job would – more... be when i arrive i punch in my card and then i go to prepare my supplies to start working. Then i go to my area, once I'm there i wash my hands, put my gloves on and start to work. – less
Great
Surgical Technology Extern (Former Employee), Cambridge, MNJanuary 8, 2014
It seems like a great place to work. All the employees are very friendly and great to work with.
Very well run Hospital Ultrasound Department.
Full Time Staff Sonographer (Former Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 29, 2013
Pros: the sonographers and radiologists are excellent. the equipment is new and state of the art.
Cons: the shifts vary every day and every week often requiring you to work until 9 pm., it is very difficult to have a life of your own when you work here.
Very busy and well run Department. Management is very involved in overseeing work areas and making sure things run very smoothly.

There are three separate Hospital Departments to serve: Cambridge Hospital, Somerville Hospital and The Whidden Hospital in Everett, MA which fall under the umbrella of The Cambridge Health Alliance.

The departments are – more... very busy. The Sonographers who work there are outstanding and extremely competent and fun to work with. They are from many cultures and ethnic backgrounds making for an extremely diverse and interesting work force.They are the very best part of the job!!!

Scheduling demands that you work at all three workplaces covering various shifts.

There is brand new equipment with patient viewer monitors at every site.

I currently still provide an enormous amount of On Call coverage for Cambridge Health Alliance on a per diem basis. – less
Please find somewhere else if possible
Medical Care (Former Employee), Cambridge MANovember 14, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: management, no lunches, lack of guidance or follow up
The only good thing was the compensation. There is no management presence or guidance. They do not care what goes on within the workplace, nor have any idea who is doing the work. Many workers are burnt out and really don't seem to care about the outcome of their work. Lunches and breaks are supposed to be provided. They don't happen in reality.

There – more... isn't any job security. They go through middle management like water. They also will promise things and won't deliver. Management will actually lie to cover themselves if there is a problem. Human resources is not a neutral organizations. I went to them for assistance and was referred back to my inert manager who was the problem. – less
It was a good experience and I met a lot of nurses and residents and co workers.
Pharmacist II (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: good learning experience
I worked the night shift by my self and without a tech. taking care of Cambridge,Somerville and Whidden Hospitals. It was very busy and I learned a lot by dealing with questions from nurses and residents. Management was OK and co workers were friendly and helpful.
Great place to work.
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: the breaks and time for lunch, paid for but necessary and a time to relax and see some of the coworkers from different departments.
Cons: not many i can think of, not important anyway.
Days at work were relatively easy to deal with.
I learned a lot with nurses and doctors when doing face-to-face interpreting.
Very good management in general.
Great friendly co-workers, no issues.
The job got hard when the calls were long and constant not leaving much time for a sort of breather.
The most enjoyable part was to be serving as a bridge – more... to the gap. – less
great co-workers, management absent.
healthcare provider (Former Employee), cambridgeJuly 25, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: unsafe working environment
Lack of communication from management. Jobs not secure, trying to do more with less. Management unaware of short unsafe staffing or they don't care. Administration making work environment hostile. Trying to drive senior experience staff out.
A great hospital to work for
Recruitment Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Somerville, MAJuly 22, 2013
A great hospital to work for!
Learned alot
Co-workers were great
Great group of employees
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 16, 2013
Overral it was a great experience working for Cambridge Health Alliance
CHA has a positive mission statement- healthcare for all
Practice Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, Somerville, and Malden MAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: busy place with warm and friendly staff
Cons: very tight budgets - always cutting every year.
CHA is a busy , fast paced environment, and you are always making a difference in lives of the patients, which makes this line of work rewarding.
outstanding operation
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 18, 2013
Pros: outstanding benefits
Cons: parking issues
Greta place to work and learn. Very well organized and supported. Great staff!
Switchboard operator
Communications Operator (Former Employee), Everett, MAMay 20, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: not being able to stay in the company due to an operation.
My day began and ended in my being able to take calls from both staff and the public in regards to the departments within the hospital.

My co-workers were fantasic!!

The hardest part of this job was being able to understand some callers that had very heavy accents and trying to transfer them to the right departments.

The most enjoyable part of the – more... job was being my own boss. – less

About Cambridge Health Alliance

Because not everyone in Cambridge, Massachusetts can walk into student health centers, there is the¬†Cambridge Public Health Commission – Read more

Cambridge Health Alliance Photos