Cambridge Health Alliance Employee Reviews

Productive multi-tasker
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAFebruary 23, 2017
A typical day at work consists of mostly customer service, making appointments, registering patients, answering a multi-line phone, and maintaining medical records.
Excellent Opportunity for Externship
Health Claims Specialist Externship (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAFebruary 8, 2017
This was an incredible place for me to extern at. I learned so much from the supervisor that was my mentor. The people are so nice and the company would be a great place to work. A typical work day was 8 hours with a half hour lunch break and 2 15 minute breaks in between. The people are so friendly and always willing to help they make you feel very comfortable.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
work in cubicles no windows/Elevator
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 9, 2017
Great place to work! Great management and you really get a family when working for CHA. The most enjoyable pert of the job is the patients. Ive learned a whole new set of skills while at CHA ad someone was always willing to help when needed
Medical Receptionist
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Malden, MADecember 6, 2016
You are the front line of the clinic doing multiple tasks
• Medical Receptionist • Answer telephone calls/ scheduling appointments
• Processing co-payments & private/state insurances/referrals •
It is friendly place to work and everyone supports each other.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 20, 2016
It is enjoyable to work at Somerville Hospital, which is one of the hospitals from Cambridge Health alliance. As a unit secretary, a typical day would look as follows: I almost always try to get there on time, which is 3:00 pm. I would start working right after I punch in. I interact with patients, doctors, nurses, managers, co-workers, and more. We all treat one another with respect, courtesy, and compassion. In the emergency department at Somerville Hospital, we give excellent care to our patients and we are proud of it. I have learned about patient confidentiality, which is the most important regulation for me. I have also learned computer skills such as, Epic and Meditech. In the emergency room, the staff and I work as a team and that makes the job easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping our patients in any way we can. For instance, a patient comes in with pain and cannot even walk. After awhile, that same patient is pain free and looks like a new person. That is the most enjoyable time for us at the Somerville Emergency Department.
Challenging and fulfilling environment
RN, Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNNovember 16, 2016
Challenging and fulfilling environment with the opportunity to impact patients future and goals in life by providing ongoing, intensive outpatient followup.
My typical week at Cambridge Health Alliance
Accounting Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malden, MANovember 5, 2016
keying or download time cards. computing time entered. Print exception reports. Reconcile the hours. Print missing time card. check with managers or employees for missing hours. Post Payroll. Setting up and paying Union dues and garnishment. Setting up direct deposit. Calculating and posting benefit for employees,Preparing and mailing regular and special check to employees. Receiving calls and helping employees with their problems.
I like working with other people.
I like to help my co-workers and customers
Admitting/Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 26, 2016
Chances of advancing are very high. Often times, employees feel satisfied and informed. Managers conduct business very well with staff.
Great Working Environment
WELLNESS DEPARTMENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 6, 2016
The evaluation proposal for my internship with the Cambridge Health Alliance background on project assessment and evaluation. This evaluation plan focuses on other facets of quantitative evaluations including measuring the process and outcome measures. The assessment for this product was a narrow scope in that the population is employees of Cambridge Health Alliance, whereas the population for the thesis was more broad.
great place to work
Practice Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Revere, MASeptember 29, 2016
Great place to work.
CHA can compete with bigger hospitals and have potential to over come them.
It is a best recommendable place to work.
More opportunities to grow
Highly charged union environment
Nurse Manager ICU and IV Team (Current Employee) –  Everett, MASeptember 26, 2016
I have learned a great deal working in this union environment. The hardest part of my job has been attempting to improve the practice based upon the most recent evidence.
Incredible learning environment; patient centered; strength-based
MSW Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 12, 2016
Cambridge Health Alliance is an incredible institution that offers employees constant opportunities to expand their learning and knowledge base. They encourage self-care, while emphasizing a patient-centered, strength-based approach to treatment. My co-workers were consummate professionals, embracing diversity in all respects.
A great hospital with a laboratory of high efficiency
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 5, 2016
In the lab, technologists work well with one another or individually. It is challenging to work there because you can do many tests and work on many machines at once.
Pros
there are three locations
Cons
too much work for a lab tech
CHA Review
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 22, 2016
Great place to work as a Medical Technologist. Moderately new equipment, diverse setting, great locations (next to Harvard), good management, and a wealth of opportunities.
Overall great place to work
Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 31, 2016
Work Life at CHA is a positive experience. Coworkers are very nice and make the days go by fast.
I learned a lot and can use this experience as a stepping stone.
I wish there was more togetherness at work. Most departments stick to themselves and do not socialize after work to create a fun work culture.
dedicated public health safety program
Chief Nurse Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 26, 2016
CHA is dedicated to giving the best care to all people, regardless of income, immigration status, race or beliefs. The clinical team members are dedicated to this and are very creative in strategies to meet those goals.
senior leadership made decisions in the 90's and 2000's that placed the system ahead of the curve for quality programs and EHR.
These decisions have served them well and continue to advance the programs remarkably with little cash or staff.
the programs being designed for DSTI are remarkable and will advance health care programs.
Pros
mission, staff, and the work accomplished
Cons
glass ceilings
A nice place to work
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Everett, MA 02149May 18, 2016
Working at Wilcox Public Relations Firm was a great learning experience for me. The people in the company were friendly and
always will to help if needed. The job was very routine and very
rarely changed day to day but it was interesting.
Pros
Learned a lot and met some nice people
Cons
Benefits were not all that great for a new employee
na
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 8, 2016
did like the job. management was rude and not understanding at all. they treated employees badly, I would never go back. Would take care of paient access
Information Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 1, 2016
A typical day would just be to have people asking for which room their friend or relative is in and I would look it up and direct them which way to go or how to get there or they have an appointment but they don't know where it is. Answer calls asking if I could transfer them to a friend/relative who's in the hospital.
Pros
working at a desk, know how a hospital runs
Cons
short breaks
Easy going work place
PICSR Community Health Worker II (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 18, 2016
Great place to work an amazing Team and Department. always learning and growing here. The most enjoyable part of is meeting with team. Team building is fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridge Health Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2