Cambridge Health Alliance Employee Reviews

Good company
Practice Manager (Current Employee), cambridge, MAJune 10, 2015
Great place...
Learned how to supervise 60 staff employees. The hardest part is trying to manage the time throughout the day.
My coworkers are awesome.
I enjoy every part of my job...
Stable community health services. Great employees and clients.
Administrative Coordinator II (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 28, 2015
Great co-workers, colleagues and clients in outpatient mental health setting. Workplace is nurturing and supportive in many ways. Experience with direct leadership of department varies with past and new hires, so it can be a good or not so good experience to deal with direct supervisors, etc. The system is community oriented and treats well both clients and employees with respect and good services. That's why I've worked here for close to twenty years.
Interesting place to work
Hospital Aide (Current Employee), Cambridge, MaMay 20, 2015
Cons: bad communication
I found that I've learned many things from working the float pool at Cambridge hospital. Most of the people are nice, except for a few. Its a tough job, but you do learn alot
CHA
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 11, 2015
A typical day includes using organizational skills to assist in unit support. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the clients.
Excellent Community Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Everett, MAApril 8, 2015
staff work well together
Management takes an interest in knowing you and your career goals
Most enjoyable part is patient care
Wonderful Oppurtunity
Practice Improvement Team Patient Partner (Former Employee), Everett, MAApril 3, 2015
I was able to join a team focused on improving my specific health center as well as the organization as a whole. I am very grateful for the opportunity to be able to voice my opinions and concerns as a patient and help to improve the practice through various projects. I also had the opportunity to hang some of my artwork within the health center.
Best Part
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: parties with the company
The best part of the job was being able to help the patients and make sure their medical care was taken care of by our providers.
very unorganized.
Accounts Payable Clerk III (Current Employee), malden maMarch 10, 2015
Pros: close to home friednly people
Cons: unorganized poor management
A typical work day is long, unorganized, all over the board no accountability. The people are very friendly. The hardest part of the job is not having support from management and the overall experience in management there is none.
Nice therapists and physicians to work with
field work student (Former Employee), Somerville, MAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: reasonable workload, good working atmosphere.
Therapists and physicians are very easing going and the workload seems to be reasonable. I was just a student, these are all I observed.
Girls Club
Accountant II (Current Employee), Malden, MAFebruary 27, 2015
the department I work in is like a girls club or high school clique. have never felt part of the group from day one. I will explain more once I find another position.
TBD
Business Analyst/ Technical Support (Current Employee), cambridgeFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I would like to have a phone conversation about it for security reasons. It has a great work/life balance. I would definitely recommend it for others.
Per Diem Research Assistant for Mental Health (Current Employee), Somerville, MADecember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: need something more stable.
Wonderful place to work for.
Great experience so far.
Very flexible.
Great with community outreach.
It's been a great learning experience.
Cambridge Health Alliance is a diverse working environment with excellent management. Working as a food worker, you get to intereact with many people.
Utility Worker (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 13, 2014
Pros: workers do not have to spend money on food and get gifts on occasions.
Cons: as part timers do not have benefits as like full-timers.
Typical day at Cambridge Health Alliance is very busy. Every floor has it own busy schedule as well as the kitchen. Mondays through Fridays are the busiest days in the kitchen. Mostly running around to catch up with the amount of work you have to complete. Co-workers are nice to each one another, work in term works and share jokes around to pass time. Good management, supervisors are friendly, they make work easier for everyone in there. On occasion, we recieve gifts and words of appreciation.
Small hospital, no room for advancement, union membership was required and I couldn't afford it when I worked so few shifts
Psychiatric RN (Former Employee), Cambridge, MNDecember 2, 2014
Small hospital, no room for advancement. Union membership required and I couldn't afford with working so few shifts
Fun place to work
Temp Pool Employee (Current Employee), Somerville, MaNovember 28, 2014
Supportive team of people. I learned how to use different computer software such as MediTech.
Great learning environment,honed my analysis skills
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 6, 2014
Budgets, month end cycle processes, analytics.
Very skilled and talented workforce.
Great people to work with.
Great place to work, great benefits!
Behavioral Health Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 4, 2014
Really enjoy working for CHA! So glad I chose to start off my career with this organization! Great benefits and excellent supervision.
Former employee
direct care (Current Employee), CambridgeOctober 29, 2014
Pros: education some of co-workers
Cons: poor management, all about money, not patient care
Horrific, Human Resources is essentially the clean up crew. No support from management or HR. Lots of gender discrimination.
patients weren't cared for by staff unless being watched by management or a complaint was issued.
It was more like damage control. Male staff have poor boundaries with female patients and gale co-workers
Allina is a great company to work for!
Emergency Department Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Cambridge, MNOctober 21, 2014
I love working in the ER at Cambridge Medical Center. There is always something new to learn/experience.
The staff works well together to ensure the best outcome for all patients. Great environment to work in.
Fun Place to Work
Sr. Consultant - Epic Ambulatory (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 9, 2014
Good team to work with. Knowledgeable staff who were quick to assist on specific questions.