Growing Anaheim-based healthcare management company seeks a field technician to visit our ~25 facilities (located throughout LA/Orange counties and beyond) as needed and provide on-site troubleshooting of computers, thin clients, network hardware and of course...printers.
Working with our in-house IT Director and outsourced help desk, you can expect to spend much of the week in the field (car and phone expenses will be reimbursed). Typical tasks include:
- installing new PCs/removing old equipment
- qualifying network wiring
- troubleshooting printer issues
- assisting users with technical questions
- maintaining equipment inventory
- problem-solving for almost anything that plugs in!
We have a remote Citrix environment accessed from a variety of Windows 7/XP PCs (with a few Vista machines thrown in), Wyse/HP thin clients, networked laser printers (predominantly HP LaserJets) and Kyocera/Konica/Canon copiers/MFPs.
Because we use an outsourced help desk/data center, you will NOT need to manage servers, Active Directory password resets, etc. It's the things that help desk can't do remotely that you'll be asked to cover.
Successful candidate will have:
- at least two years of relevant experience; education/certification a bonus but not required
- excellent problem-solving skills
- friendly, patient demeanor and ability to explain/simplify complex issues for non-technical users
- deep knowledge of Windows 7/XP troubleshooting
- solid understanding of MS Office
- knowledge of basic networking/routing, including VPN/wireless
- ability to lift and move large printers, PCs, monitors, etc
- experience with imaging PCs a plus
If hired, you will enjoy:
- competitive salary (DOE)
- good benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- friendly team focused on doing the right thing, not corporate busywork
All of our buildings run 24x7x365, so it may occasionally be necessary, due to catastrophic equipment failure, to visit a site outside of normal business hours (i.e. nights/weekends) but this is very rare. Typical work will be during normal business hours. You do NOT need to be based in Anaheim, as you will likely visit the home office only rarely.
If you would like to apply, please respond to this ad with your resume and a bit about how you would see yourself as a good field tech for us. Include a reference to your favorite color so I know you're a human and read this far!