Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI) seeks a Scientific Writer for its Insight Pharma Reports division. The Scientific Writer will be responsible for delivering 4–6 scientific reports and/or market studies, and will support other technical writing projects within CHI.
We are seeking someone with general knowledge of the Pharmaceutical/Biotech and Life Science industries and excellent writing and analytical skills. The Scientific Writer will adhere to tight deadlines and act as project manager on each report, gathering data from multiple sources both in house and externally. The Scientific Writer will compile and analyze primary and secondary data, distill and summarize findings, and work with CHI’s graphics and marketing departments to form the pieces into a complete, concisely written scientific report and/or market study.
- Identify issues, new topic areas and content ideas for new report and/or market studies
- Design and draft market surveys and work with marketing team on survey execution
- Conduct interviews with industry leaders and work with CHI staff to collect primary data
- Collect secondary data from literature and database searches, press releases and other industry sources
- Analyze all data collected and write a market report summarizing the findings
- Provide content to CHI’s internal designer for formatting
- Work with the divisions’ Marketing Manager to provide marketing copy for website/promotions
- Assist with proofreading
This is a very deadline-driven position that supports two divisions within CHI. This person must:
- Have strong, concise, scientific writing skills with a firm grasp of life science technologies and the drug discovery and development process
- Be able to thoroughly research a topic area, analyze and compile research findings
- Be able to manage multiple projects and adhere to strict deadlines
- Be a forward thinker with an eye for identification and validation of new topic areas
- Possess strong knowledge of survey design, with the ability to analyze and interpret survey data
- Command strong communication and interviewing skills
- Have 4–6 years experience writing scientific reports, preferably in the life sciences industry
- Possess a degree in Journalism or related field
- Have a scientific writing background in the life sciences industry
Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI) is the preeminent life science network for researchers and business experts from top pharmaceutical, biotech and academic organizations. We are celebrating over 20 years of success, while retaining our start-up culture. CHI is a unique company of collaborators who over the years have built an excellent reputation for producing industry-focused, cutting-edge, educational and training content that serves biopharmaceutical scientists and executive-level R&D managers. We are a learning organization with a culture of innovation and camaraderie. Even more appealing, the dress code in the office is business casual, minus the “business!” Please visit our website for more information: http://www.healthtech.com. We look forward to hearing from you.