Cambridge Investment Research, Inc.

Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. Employee Reviews

This isn't a professional work environment!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, IADecember 18, 2016
I was encouraged to be apply here... First roadblock... HR... It took months for a response to my enquiry! I persevered and was hired... With over 20 years experience, I had little fear that I would fail at this organization. How wrong I was! Management was deaf, dumb and blind at the lack of motivation of the majority of staff! When I tried to work harder, I was told to slow down!? The employees were encouraged more to play games and wear their PJs, than be productive for the financial reps who placed their trust and clients in their care! It was a good day when I opted to leave and get a real job.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unprofessional, unmotivated co-workers
Great work life balance
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, IASeptember 27, 2016
Cambridge is ideal for a great work life balance. It also is a nice place to work to experience the financial industry.

The co workers are from all over southeast Iowa and many different countries which makes for a fun learning environment.
Cons
compensation
Terrible if you have industry experience!
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, IAJanuary 25, 2017
Extremely unprofessional. Being based out of Iowa they have very few qualified employees who know anything about the industry. Their business practices are questionable at best. Surprised FINRA and the SEC haven't been all over them. Compensation is well below the industry average.
Work in progress
Scrum master (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, IAApril 18, 2016
Evolving from a small midwestern company with the aid of some outside hires. They are making a bid to become "the" number one independent broker/dealer in the financial services industry. Good interntions with focus on scoring well with employee sastisfaction through a news publication survey.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
fear-driven culture
Bizarre company with a fake atmosphere
Designer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, IANovember 1, 2015
One word to describe this place: strange. Majority of the people who work here have no idea what the company does, nor anything about investments and should not be qualified to work there, but it's a large company in the middle of nowhere so they hire whoever they can get. Managers seem to sugar coat everything and hide the truth from employees. A lot of time was spent wasted on unnecessary projects and their "learning center" classes are a joke. I took this job right of college, and then moved right on out when I received a better job offer.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Cons
Pay, advancement opportunities
Good Mid Western Values
SQL Developer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, IAOctober 26, 2016
Flexible work schedule, ability to move across teams. Coworkers are very nice and mostly accommodating. The disadvantage is that there aren't many new technologies.
A great place to grow if you're in the right position
Onboarding Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, IANovember 18, 2014
Cambridge is well-known for its benefits and culture - it's their main draw. They pay a somewhat competitive wage and are a great company to work for in general!

Based off of my observation and personal experience, I'd say it would be very wise to get to know a position well prior to accepting it, but also know that Cambridge does support some movement into other departments if you've truly found a position which does not fit you.
Pros
Benefits, catering, atmosphere
Cons
Communication issues, management styles
Circus!
Partner Support (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, IowaApril 15, 2015
HR and management at this place is a mess! Even if you do your actual job, if someone in upper management doesn't like you, you will be fired. Lack of training, disorganized, circus! Surprised they haven't gotten in trouble for their undesirable HR practices. Someone should start an Ex-Cambridge page - and get the real story out on this place. They have some dirt - maybe if they actually followed there so called Values. What a joke... One thing they are good at is sucking you in that's for sure. It's a sad place where one is to scared to say anything, or stand up for something wrong, with positive ideas that could help due to egotistic managers.
Great Culture with flexible work schedule. Will help you succeed.
Corporate Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, IAFebruary 17, 2014
Team working environment with the opportunity for advancement. Great place to bounce ideas off your co-workers and expand your learning by taking in house training classes. Hard working, super customer service oriented business.
Pros
In house catering, massage therapist, walking path
Cons
large company so you can't get to know everyone
Great community atmosphere
Compliance Technology Specialist, Surveillance (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, IANovember 13, 2013
Cambridge is a great place to work, the atmosphere is very friendly and inviting. Management treats its employees like people and understand the needs and concerns of its employees. Cambridge is an always evolving, and constantly updating company that is very cognizant of ongoing issues in the industry and the surrounding community.
Great company, great opportunity!
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, IAJune 14, 2015
I love this company! I never had a bad day, and was empowered to grow. Great culture, family environment, and a truly amazing experience.
Cambridge Investments
Partner Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, IAFebruary 3, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Cambridge. I believe the culture is what makes the company. It's all about Commitment, Integrity, Kindness, and Flexibility.
Operations & Development Coordinator
Operations & Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, IANovember 30, 2012
 Assisted Rep/Advisors with navigating through various investment based programs
 Reviewed accounts, distributions and account updates for quality assurance purposes
 Maintained a daily spreadsheet report used for measuring company service level standards
Great corporate culture with unique core values
Information Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, IAAugust 2, 2013
A typical day for me was going to our team's daily scrum and helping other teams with tasks including, but not limited to, implementation of SpecFlow, creating reports, data cleanup and some development. The co-workers are very amiable and helpful.
Nice Company
Director (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, IowaMay 11, 2015
Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. is a nice place to work. Good people striving to create and maintain a good company.
Great work place
CLIC Specialist, data entry (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, IAJuly 5, 2014
Its hard work but they try to help with fun activities for the employees. There is a family atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cambridge Investment Research, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. Reviews by Location