Do you have big dreams?
Are you full of ambition?
Is an ordinary job not enough?
As one of the nation’s leading independent broker-dealers, Cambridge Investment Research Inc. continues to seek qualified and talented professionals. By becoming an essential member of the Cambridge team, you will be part of a versatile group of skilled professionals with technical depth and best-practice experience. The combination of long-term professional development in a unique small-town community makes this a one-of-a-kind opportunity.
Join our Information Services team as a full time Application Programmer. This position will participate in an agile software development team emphasizing object oriented analysis and design (OOAD); design and implement functional enhancements to application software using C#, ASP.NET, SQL Reporting and T-SQL. The Application Programmer will provide key technical skills in support of mission critical applications and participate in a team-oriented agile development process using Scrum.
- Following Cambridge standards for object oriented design and development in .NET using Cambridge’s proprietary application framework
- Utilizing Cambridge’s Domain Model and Enterprise Services as a foundation for application design and development
- Writing and using design specifications for new and enhanced application systems
- Designing, developing and maintaining business logic that is implemented as .NET business object layers
- Designing, developing, and maintaining data persistence and data integrity logic using LINQ, T-SQL stored procedures, user-defined SQL functions and database triggers
- Designing and developing user interfaces using ASP.NET web forms and ASP.NET MVC
- Designing, developing and maintaining application reports using SQL Reporting Services and ad hoc T-SQL
- Writing units tests with an acceptable level of code coverage
- Providing Level 2-3 support for end-users and production system administrators
- Administering configuration controls for development and integration environments
- BSCS or equivalent professional experience and
- at least one year related programming experience including
- Strong experience in some or all of the following:
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
The following experience is highly preferred: SQL Server Reporting Services, SharePoint, XML and Team Foundation Server source code control, MCP or MCSD certification as a full time Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Specialist.
Why Cambridge? At Cambridge, you control the journey by joining a growing, fast-paced company that will help you build a career beyond your expectations. You will be more than just a number at Cambridge - just ask our employees! We were recognized as a Best of Iowa Business for supporting work-life balance.
Company Values – Commitment, Integrity, Flexibility and Kindness
Technical innovation – be part of a company that recognizes the critical importance of technology to our success and promote technical innovation as part of our leadership position in our industry
Excel at your strengths - Be part of a mature Scrum/Agile team approach to software development that allows you to excel at what you do best
Mentoring & Development - Advance your career through our technical mentoring program that is personalized to your goals, and an extensive in-house training program to develop your professional skills
Stability – join a stable privately-owned company in business for 30 years, nationally recognized in its industry with an 18-member executive team averaging 20 years industry experience and no reduction in workforce in over 10 years
Location – located in a dynamic community recognized as one of the Iowa Great Places featuring abundant recreation, sustainable living, and an entrepreneurial spirit uniquely found amongst the corn fields of southeastern Iowa.
Benefits include - Medical, Dental, 401(K), Short and Long term disability, Paid Holidays (including your birthday) and away time, LEED certified building, Wellness Benefit, Casual Dress Attire, Half-Mile Walking Trail, Dry Cleaning Services, Carpooling benefit, Volunteer paid time off, Onsite Massage Therapy, Financial Planning Classes