Cambridge Public Schools Employee Reviews

opinion
Special Educator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 8, 2017
A typical day is close to 7 hours of nonstop action. No rest for the weary. Zero down time. There are some opportunities for professional development classes outside of the word day. Its a very "closed door" work environment. Nobody interacts with other coworkers. Its very difficult to get to know one another because everyone is so busy completely what they are asked. There is obviously no flexibility in the daily schedule or yearly schedule.
Hardest part of the job is making sure you keep your thick skin, thick. If you let the words and actions of the students upset you, you'll be burnt out in no time.
Pros
close to home
Cons
overworked and underpaid
Fast paced environment
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 1, 2016
Fun environment to work in. Worked closely with children and parents in a fast paced environment. Helped build my interpersonal skills as well as strengthen my social and customer service skills.
Great teachers: top heavy district
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 11, 2016
extremely top heavy and highly political district.
Lacks general transparency. cut throat environment with little support for non tenured teachers

Teachers are fabulous and extremely dedicated
Pros
peers
Cons
lack of transparency
Great School System
Assistant Lacrosse Coach (Varsity) (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 15, 2015
A great place to work. Very diverse and wonderful place to come to work for everyday. One of the best school systems in the state with some of the best funding you can get anywhere. Surrounded my Harvard and MIT.
Productive workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, NEAugust 13, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company I loved the people I worked with we always made work fun. we did fundraisers etc...
Pros
free lunches
Cons
knowing the students
Wonderful school with many resources
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge Rindge and Latin SchoolJuly 29, 2014
Cambridge Public School has a lot of resources. There are many great programs that students can take advantage of throughout the school year. There are also many clubs and sports.
Pros
Wonderful rapport built with staff and students
Cons
Not enough prep time
A Great Way to Kick off My Career
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 19, 2014
Working in the ASD program at the Fletcher-Maynard Academy in Cambridge was a wonderful way for me to gain experience in working with children on the Autism spectrum. During my time there as a paraprofessional, I developed both organizational and educational skill that I believe translate well to working with other populations with specific needs and their families.
Pros
Benefits, excellent staff
Cons
Little room for upward mobility
Excellent educational environment
Social Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 3, 2014
One of the best educational school ssystems. Staff, students and parents were committed to the highest standard of learning.
Pros
location and the exceptional staff
Cons
Had to leave when I got married and moved to VA
A very diverse community of learners
Building Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 25, 2012
Cambridge Public School is a district that has a very rich and diverse community of learners that is infused with so many different cultures, languages and ethnic groups. It is a great place for any student to have a wonderful school life experience as they learn to accept others who may be different from them.