CAMC Employee Reviews

Patients recieve good care, competitve environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 5, 2017
Patients recieve good care. Some nurses seem to be competitve and some view things more personal than professional. The manager in the department didn't use critical thinking in managing the nurses. Reasonable hours and good pay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Relationships based more on friendship than professionalism
Cheap
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 3, 2017
- Typical day at work is slow
- I learned my way around the hospital
-Management was nice
-Workplace was graet (at lunch)
-The hard part to this job was doing it for such little pay I mean they charge ppl thousands of dollars for surgerys or heck just to give u advil and charge you a arm and a leg for and pay their 1st line of defeance $8.50???
Pros
Day shift is off at 3pm
Cons
Pay rate
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 19, 2017
CAMC is an amazing place to work. They offer great benefits, competitive salary and the people are amazing! It's a great place to start your career that will last a life time.
camc was a very busy place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 28, 2017
CAMC was a good job.I had a lot of great experiences there taking care of the patients. I was usually in the E.R. or in one of the ICU units. I learned to prioritize and to work under pressure and extreme work loads.
Pros
helping people
Cons
long hours and extreme work loads
Na
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 16, 2017
A good place to work, good pay rates. Busy areas, competent doctors. Teaching hospital. Has a resource pool that helps with staffing. Down side, many department cuts, nursing shortage.
CAMC works.
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 24, 2017
A nice company to work for, however they have serious management problems and those that are hired normally do on the job training rather than classroom settings.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Access Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 4, 2017
Productive and a fun workplace. Enjoyed my job and working with my coworkers. Loved helping others and at the end of the day I felt I had done my best to make someone happy or make them smile or laugh. I learned to work well with others and offered my help when needed. Great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits and retirement
fun place to work and very interesting
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Charleston,W.VJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of setting up and stocking medical supply carts, hooking up patients to telemetry monitor, collecting urine samples and sending them to the lab, transporting patients and assisting with trauma calls. My coworkers worked well together and where very nice. I learned that communication and teamwork is critically important especially in life or death situations. The hardest part of the job was not being able to save a life and the most enjoyable part was pushing through and saving lives and working with the excellent healthcare team.
Pros
Excellent hours, worked with school scheduele
Cons
No benefits as a Nurse Extern
Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 16, 2016
I worked in all departments of the hospital, mostly the ICU's. It was an exciting place to work. I met a wide variety of people from coworkers to patients and their families.
Being very productive at a Hospital
Surgical pt. Coord. (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 10, 2016
I check Patients in for surgery and cancel surgery when needed,the hardest part is trying to get the correct papers when a child is in Foster care.
Central Serves At CAMC
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 30, 2015
Central Service is a fun job to do. You never know that you will be up against . Emergency surgery or finding supplies for one of the other floors in the hospital.
Nice place to work. Our department was outsourced to JLL. They would not replace workers who had retired or left for other employment.
Project Management Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 1, 2015
Enjoyed my position with CAMC but was not willing to continue working without additional help. JLL wanted you to work without help which means overtime (approx 55 - 60 hours per week).

Enjoyed all my coworkers and outside vendors/architects/construction companies.
Pros
Provided health reviews each year, good benefits.
Cons
Too much overtime
Camc
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 8, 2015
Camc is a great place to work. I have worked there since I was 16 yrs old. My co-workers are wonderful. My day starts very early with making charts and greeting patients. Our charge nurse is great and always greets everyone with the same smiling face. I do like my job but just wanting a change.
It is a good job
Linen Tech (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 15, 2015
Working at camc is a good starting job from there I learned to keep better track of items and while working on multitasking. The typical day of work is long day there is some great co-workers while mangement still needs some work as they are expanding. Hardest day of the work is trying to get all the carts done when they done while the enjoyable day is during the breaks where we can sit down from being on our feet all day.
Pros
great benefits, understanding director
Cons
short breaks and on feet all day
A great opportunity for advancement and furthering education
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 27, 2015
Working with direct patient care. The coworkers were always helpful. Everyone was a team. The hardest part of the job was a call off of course but we always managed to make ends meet.
fun and work and play a little
orde rpuller (Current Employee) –  charleston wvJanuary 28, 2015
productive and always doing something.being able to work at your own pace the hours are great
Pros
breaks and can listen to music as we work
Cons
relaxed atmosphere
Enjoyable workplace dealing with the patients
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 10, 2014
Enjoy working with the patients they bring much joy to my life. I enjoy making them smile even though I only deliver meals to them.
Pros
Food Discount and Learned knowledge about food diets
Cons
Long Hours
Central service tech
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day at work was sterile equipment for surgery. Stocking shelf with medical supplies for the hospital. Learned alot about different surgical equipment and how the hospital works. The hardest part of my job was the physical labor and clean equipment properly.
fun and creative
Director (Current Employee) –  petersburg vaDecember 21, 2013
allows me to be creative and learn new things everyday.
developing new programs and manage employees are always
Excellent Hospital
Student Nurse Rotation (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 24, 2013
Loved my experience there: time management skills, patient care, and electronic medical charting.