CAMC Employee Reviews

fun place to work and very interesting
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Charleston,W.VJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of setting up and stocking medical supply carts, hooking up patients to telemetry monitor, collecting urine samples and sending them to the lab, transporting patients and assisting with trauma calls. My coworkers worked well together and where very nice. I learned that communication and teamwork is critically important especially in life or death situations. The hardest part of the job was not being able to save a life and the most enjoyable part was pushing through and saving lives and working with the excellent healthcare team.
Pros
Excellent hours, worked with school scheduele
Cons
No benefits as a Nurse Extern
Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 16, 2016
I worked in all departments of the hospital, mostly the ICU's. It was an exciting place to work. I met a wide variety of people from coworkers to patients and their families.
Being very productive at a Hospital
Surgical pt. Coord. (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 10, 2016
I check Patients in for surgery and cancel surgery when needed,the hardest part is trying to get the correct papers when a child is in Foster care.
Central Serves At CAMC
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 30, 2015
Central Service is a fun job to do. You never know that you will be up against . Emergency surgery or finding supplies for one of the other floors in the hospital.
Nice place to work. Our department was outsourced to JLL. They would not replace workers who had retired or left for other employment.
Project Management Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 1, 2015
Enjoyed my position with CAMC but was not willing to continue working without additional help. JLL wanted you to work without help which means overtime (approx 55 - 60 hours per week).

Enjoyed all my coworkers and outside vendors/architects/construction companies.
Pros
Provided health reviews each year, good benefits.
Cons
Too much overtime
Camc
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 8, 2015
Camc is a great place to work. I have worked there since I was 16 yrs old. My co-workers are wonderful. My day starts very early with making charts and greeting patients. Our charge nurse is great and always greets everyone with the same smiling face. I do like my job but just wanting a change.
It is a good job
Linen Tech (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 15, 2015
Working at camc is a good starting job from there I learned to keep better track of items and while working on multitasking. The typical day of work is long day there is some great co-workers while mangement still needs some work as they are expanding. Hardest day of the work is trying to get all the carts done when they done while the enjoyable day is during the breaks where we can sit down from being on our feet all day.
Pros
great benefits, understanding director
Cons
short breaks and on feet all day
A great opportunity for advancement and furthering education
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 27, 2015
Working with direct patient care. The coworkers were always helpful. Everyone was a team. The hardest part of the job was a call off of course but we always managed to make ends meet.
fun and work and play a little
orde rpuller (Current Employee) –  charleston wvJanuary 28, 2015
productive and always doing something.being able to work at your own pace the hours are great
Pros
breaks and can listen to music as we work
Cons
relaxed atmosphere
Enjoyable workplace dealing with the patients
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 10, 2014
Enjoy working with the patients they bring much joy to my life. I enjoy making them smile even though I only deliver meals to them.
Pros
Food Discount and Learned knowledge about food diets
Cons
Long Hours
Central service tech
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day at work was sterile equipment for surgery. Stocking shelf with medical supplies for the hospital. Learned alot about different surgical equipment and how the hospital works. The hardest part of my job was the physical labor and clean equipment properly.
fun and creative
Director (Current Employee) –  petersburg vaDecember 21, 2013
allows me to be creative and learn new things everyday.
developing new programs and manage employees are always
Excellent Hospital
Student Nurse Rotation (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 24, 2013
Loved my experience there: time management skills, patient care, and electronic medical charting.
Productive work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 21, 2013
Lunch time was usually on time.
Usually didn't get breaks.
I loved everything about phlebotomy.
multi campus hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 8, 2013
various shifts
surgery
various levels of management, hard to get concrete decision
great co-workers
very long on call hours
patients
caring for patients with everyday needs
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  charleston area medical centerJuly 23, 2013
caring for patients with everyday needs. taking vitals and how often. management was ok new boss, co-workers was good.cleaning up after a patient that is bed riden. taking care of patients and the elderly.
My experience with CAMC
Certified Pharmacy Technician III (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 9, 2013
I absolutely love working for CAMC. I work with some wonderful people. My co-workers are excellent to work with. I have learned everything I know about a pharmacy by working for CAMC. I have been employeed with CAMC for 5years now. I must say that I have the most caring and understandable boss that anyone could work for. I am the Narcotic Tech for CAMC General Division in Charleston, WV. My daily duties includes: ordering schedule medications, working with Mckesson programs and software, experience with 340B ordering, restocking acudose machines. The hardest part of my job would be tracking the CSAR's sheets from the nursing units. I enjoy everything that I do in my position.
Pros
Pharmacy week, meals tickets, promotions, exellent healthcare, great hours, off weekends, etc.
Cons
Short meal breaks
Great
Patient Service Technician/ HUC (Former Employee) –  charleston wvMarch 10, 2013
A typical day would exist of 8 hours everyday I learned new things and enjoyed it
very uptight place
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVDecember 27, 2012
A typical day in this office consisted of clocking in at 7am you were not allowed to speak not even on the phone until 9am. You done the same thing everyday. If you posted payments thats all you did all day long. You were expected to posted over 100thousand dollars a day with only 3 mistakes. You were not given the impression that you were very appreciated at all. When I first started with CAMC it was a well respected hospital to be afflitated with as the years went by they were more out for the big man than giving raises to incentives to their employees.
Cons
2% round the board raises, benefit costs kept going up
Fast paced, teaching hospital
Temporary Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 22, 2012
A typical day: Fast paced, high turn over, patient admissions and discharges. Multiple patient procedures, either it be pre-op or post-op. Direct care of patient's and families needs. Patient and family education: ie: diabetes, congestive heart failure, anti-coagulation, stroke, high blood pressure, coumadin,hip replacements, open heart surgery etc. Along with this also, collaberation with the health care team to facilitate discharge planning, home health and other discharge needs.
Pros
great co-workers, personal growth, perks of working at a teaching hospital.
Cons
not enough staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAMC. Our community is ready to answer.