CAMC

CAMC Employee Reviews

It is a good job
Linen Tech (Current Employee), Charleston, WVApril 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits, understanding director
Cons: short breaks and on feet all day
Working at camc is a good starting job from there I learned to keep better track of items and while working on multitasking. The typical day of work is long day there is some great co-workers while mangement still needs some work as they are expanding. Hardest day of the work is trying to get all the carts done when they done while the enjoyable day is during the breaks where we can sit down from being on our feet all day.
A great opportunity for advancement and furthering education
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, WVFebruary 27, 2015
Working with direct patient care. The coworkers were always helpful. Everyone was a team. The hardest part of the job was a call off of course but we always managed to make ends meet.
fun and work and play a little
orde rpuller (Current Employee), charleston wvJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: breaks and can listen to music as we work
Cons: relaxed atmosphere
productive and always doing something.being able to work at your own pace the hours are great
Enjoyable workplace dealing with the patients
Dietary Clerk (Current Employee), Charleston, WVApril 10, 2014
Pros: food discount and learned knowledge about food diets
Cons: long hours
Enjoy working with the patients they bring much joy to my life. I enjoy making them smile even though I only deliver meals to them.
Central service tech
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, WVJanuary 11, 2014
A typical day at work was sterile equipment for surgery. Stocking shelf with medical supplies for the hospital. Learned alot about different surgical equipment and how the hospital works. The hardest part of my job was the physical labor and clean equipment properly.
fun and creative
Director (Current Employee), petersburg vaDecember 21, 2013
allows me to be creative and learn new things everyday.
developing new programs and manage employees are always
Excellent Hospital
Student Nurse Rotation (Former Employee), Charleston, WVNovember 24, 2013
Loved my experience there: time management skills, patient care, and electronic medical charting.
Productive work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Charleston, WVOctober 21, 2013
Lunch time was usually on time.
Usually didn't get breaks.
I loved everything about phlebotomy.
multi campus hospital
RN (Former Employee), Charleston, WVOctober 8, 2013
various shifts
surgery
various levels of management, hard to get concrete decision
great co-workers
very long on call hours
patients
caring for patients with everyday needs
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), charleston area medical centerJuly 23, 2013
caring for patients with everyday needs. taking vitals and how often. management was ok new boss, co-workers was good.cleaning up after a patient that is bed riden. taking care of patients and the elderly.
My experience with CAMC
Certified Pharmacy Technician III (Current Employee), Charleston, WVMay 9, 2013
Pros: pharmacy week, meals tickets, promotions, exellent healthcare, great hours, off weekends, etc.
Cons: short meal breaks
I absolutely love working for CAMC. I work with some wonderful people. My co-workers are excellent to work with. I have learned everything I know about a pharmacy by working for CAMC. I have been employeed with CAMC for 5years now. I must say that I have the most caring and understandable boss that anyone could work for. I am the Narcotic Tech for CAMC General Division in Charleston, WV. My daily duties includes: ordering schedule medications, working with Mckesson programs and software, experience with 340B ordering, restocking acudose machines. The hardest part of my job would be tracking the CSAR's sheets from the nursing units. I enjoy everything that I do in my position.
Great
Patient Service Technician/ HUC (Former Employee), charleston wvMarch 10, 2013
A typical day would exist of 8 hours everyday I learned new things and enjoyed it
very uptight place
Payment Poster (Former Employee), Saint Albans, WVDecember 27, 2012
Cons: 2% round the board raises, benefit costs kept going up
A typical day in this office consisted of clocking in at 7am you were not allowed to speak not even on the phone until 9am. You done the same thing everyday. If you posted payments thats all you did all day long. You were expected to posted over 100thousand dollars a day with only 3 mistakes. You were not given the impression that you were very appreciated at all. When I first started with CAMC it was a well respected hospital to be afflitated with as the years went by they were more out for the big man than giving raises to incentives to their employees.
Fast paced, teaching hospital
Temporary Charge RN (Former Employee), Charleston, WVNovember 22, 2012
Pros: great co-workers, personal growth, perks of working at a teaching hospital.
Cons: not enough staff.
A typical day: Fast paced, high turn over, patient admissions and discharges. Multiple patient procedures, either it be pre-op or post-op. Direct care of patient's and families needs. Patient and family education: ie: diabetes, congestive heart failure, anti-coagulation, stroke, high blood pressure, coumadin,hip replacements, open heart surgery etc. Along with this also, collaberation with the health care team to facilitate discharge planning, home health and other discharge needs.
productive work place
cna (Former Employee), Charleston, WVJune 5, 2012
Pros: good benifits
good benifits,dedicated staff
good co-workers
good pay
worked long hours at times
got sent home if cences was low
LPN (Former Employee), 4 WEST MemorialJanuary 10, 2012
Pros: great pay, excellent teaching skills and career orientated
Cons: long distance of driving to work
great place to work, great people, great care of patients, excellent provision of needs of care for patients

About CAMC

Established in 1972, the Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC) is a multiple hospital health system serving southern West Virginia. – Read more

CAMC Salaries