Camden Clark Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJune 9, 2015
Friendly work environment, reasonable productivity expectations, good place to work. Benefits left some to be desired. Flexible work schedules.
Was an OK experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 5, 2015
Started working here and then the talks of closure and lay offs started coming up. The campus I was working at was bought out by another local hospital. There was major staff cuts going on and it was just a not a pleasant experience.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
layoffs and closures
Moderate sized facility for acute/advanced care patients.
ICU staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 21, 2015
Overall a mediocre place of employment, with comparable pay scales in the area. This organization has began to be more employee centered as of late, with much progress to go. Ample overtime opportunities, and some flexibility with scheduling.
My current job
Cancer Program Facilitator (Current Employee) –  ParkersburgJanuary 13, 2015
overall this company is a good place to work with great benefits. I have been with this company for 7+ years and it has its good days and some not so good, just like with every job.
Enjoyed the patients.
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 12, 2014
Very busy workplace that most days you do not receive help from management when you fall behind. Co-workers were fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was staying within your time limits to complete all of your responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients.
benefits
Cons
management
Good job
Nutritional Aide (Former Employee) –  ParkersburgOctober 12, 2014
I pushed carts and interacted with the patients. I would help prepare food, and clean the kitchen area.
most staff work together
Mental Health Tech (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 3, 2014
appears to be more concerned about financial than patient care and quality of care.
Cons
cannot practice my skills and knowledge with current position
Very Unstable and hostile work enviroment
PCT (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJune 29, 2014
Very Unstable and hostile work enviroment, Bad and Moody Managment, No Raises.
Challenging environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMarch 6, 2014
I have always considered it an honor to take care of patient's when they are most vulnerable and in crisis. As a teaching facility, I enjoyed working with the team of Residents and talented nurses. The most difficult part of the job has been watching co-workers struggle due to staffing constraints.
Pros
talented co-workers
Cons
staffing constraints
Difficult place to work unless you have lots of patience and a great love for children.
Patient Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 25, 2014
Each day was different. A variety of activities helped the kids from being bored. State regulations make it difficult to allow the kids too much freedom. However, I worked with some great people, and had fun with the kids.
Clinical experience when I went to nursing school
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 28, 2014
I went to Camden Clark for my nursing clinical hours. This was a great experience to see how the hospital setting functions on a daily basis. Hardest part of the job is learning the routine. Enjoyable part is seeing your hard work pay off and patients get well and return home.
Nice working enviroment, ablility to advance
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 16, 2014
Various daily task, including scheduling staff, ordering and maintaining supplies for the dept.
Addressing employee and consumer concerns.
Working with various depts. through out the facility and ancillary offices.
Pros
free annual blood screening, free meals for working extra shifts
Cons
covering shifts due to call offs, holiday and weekend work often
was told drama free,not.
hostess (Former Employee) –  parkersburg,wvDecember 25, 2013
first day i was stunned by the crude remarks of the staff talking bout other co-workers.hardly was able to take a break.actually just had a lunch break for half hour and that was it.working 11 hours.I usually would try to work out the issue and not give up,but i knew this wasnt going to work.I dont think u should be little someone cause they dont work as fast as u do or be perfect that u might think u r.specially when they have a health issue.I dont think a job should be about how fast u r.but bout how well u can do the job.
Pros
insurance
Cons
no place for me
Offer education reimbersement, room to advance
ACLS Nurse Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 4, 2013
Camden Clark Medical Center offers educational reimbursement to all employees. Promotes hierarchy among its employees. If you wish to advance up the hierarchy you can with education. However, if you do not achieve the level they require, at this time it is a BSN, your treatment can be unpleasant. This is not just in the nursing it is through out the center. If you do not have the education your peers or management feels you should have then you will be treated as such. Camden is also known for saying they will work around your college schedule but then forcing you to work over making it impossible to meet your schooling demands. You will see this done to some students repeatedly and not done to those in the click. Clickish and selective in behavior. Under staffing and unrealistic demands along with the unfriendly environment can make this a very difficult place to work.
Camden has made themselves unpopular in the community. What was once the Go To hospital in the region has now lost most of their business to Marietta Memorial in Marietta Ohio. With this switch to another hospital Camden has lost a lot of their physicians and other medical staff.
I was fortunate enough to work at Camden when it was in its prime. I hope to see it return to a welcoming, wonderful place to not only be a patient but a stable friendly work place and vital part of our community pride.
Pros
benefits are average, education reimbursement, continueing education program
Cons
unfriendly work environment, clickish, unrealistic demands on staff, understaffing
Good Benefits
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  wvOctober 27, 2013
Three day work weeks are good but 12 hr days suck. people are fun to work with
Don't waste your time!!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 15, 2013
It is a good place to learn when you first get out of school. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because of my co-workers. Management does NOT care how busy it is. You can work understaffed all you want, but if you are over by one staff member, management throws a fit. The managers stay in their offices most of the time, because they are working on getting their bachelor or masters degrees on company time. Management is NOT to be trusted there. They cram it down your throat that we are at will employees and your child care concerns are not their problem. Be warned, the longer you stay, the more your job is at risk. They can pay two nurses for what a seniored nurse gets paid. There are way too many chiefs and not enough Indians. If you already have experience, if I were you, look elsewhere!!!!
Pros
great co workers
Cons
12 hour shifts, shady management, if you don't smoke, forget about breaks or lunch!
Stressful
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVAugust 30, 2013
My day was stressful the majority of the time because of poor management and lack of caring from the employer. What got me through the day was working with great people and doctors. I enjoyed training students and learning new tasks.
Pros
working with great co-workers and doctors
Cons
being understaffed
Good work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVAugust 30, 2013
I worked at Camden Clark Medical Center for 5 and a half years in the housekeeping department. I have worked every shift available there. My favorite shift I worked was the midnight shift in the OR Department cleaning surgery rooms.
Fast paced work environment with wonderful staff
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 31, 2013
Floor nurses work 12-hour shifts. If needed, any RN can be pulled to any other floor or unit, provided he or she was the necessary basic qualifications (i.e. a med-surg nurse usually cannot get pulled to CCU because she is not trained in ACLS, critical care, or cardiac monitoring). CCMC is a tobacco-free hospital - some managers enforce this rule more than others.
Co-workers are wonderful, everybody helps everybody and there usually is excellent team work.
Compensation could be better and is better in areas not too far away. From a managerial perspective, there is not a lot of concern for the nursing staff or their needs. There are 3 nursing schools in the area (and 2 hospitals). However, most managers will support the nurses in physician-nurse conflicts.
Pros
wonderful supportive staff, providing patient-centered care, always an opportunity to pick up extra shifts hospital-wide for extra money
Cons
short breaks, low compensation, lack of family-friendliness or single parents, high insurance rates with little coverage
Great place to begin a new career
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMay 22, 2013
A typical day at work would begin at 7:00 am. At this time I would receive report on my group of patients. I would then introduce myself to each patient and assess the condition of each. Medication administration was usually the next step unless there were other needs that had to be met. I would contine this until giving report at 7:00pm to next shift. I feel that the floor that I worked on was very large and was not able to know each employee very well. I felt like I am a number not a person. The hardest part of my job is not being able to fix everything for my patients or families. I really enjoy watching the patients improve and move on from the hospital.
Pros
3 day work weeks
Cons
12 hour shifts

2.9