Camden Property Trust

Camden Property Trust Employee Reviews

good and bad mostly good
maintenance tech promoted to Community supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 28, 2016
great atmosphere.good and bad days ,learned a lot,the upper management responds to problems on properties SLOWLY,all of my co-workers we`re excellent,getting expensive projects done in a timely manner, hearing from the residents how our property was so well maintained and how well the PROPERTY STAFF responded to problems.
over all a good company to work for
Pros
bonous's
Cons
BAD DENTAL
Productive and having fun
Mid-Rise Lease up - Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 30, 2016
Working at Camden has been a learning experience, every day you learned something new professionally and personally, I've worked with great leader. Working with great co-workers learning from each other experience and having fun. The hardest part are the long 7 to 8 working day.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Sales/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2016
Working at Camden on a day to day basis was what you can expect. Pretty repetitive but at the same time something new was happening new every day. Over my 2+ years there I learned a great deal on customer service and the importance of teamwork. Camden provided great training and ongoing learning to help with on the job tasks. Career advancement opportunities were limited in the region I was located leading to my departure.
I really enjoyed my coworkers. Camden did a great job of hiring people into a good environment.The toughest thing about the job was dealing with factors that were out of my hands. A constant fluctuation in price changed demand so drastically that it was hard to keep a constant flow of customers coming in. Overall a pretty good company with decent benefits but just didn't lead anywhere for me. Great learning experience and stepping stone to advance my career elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, decent benefits
Cons
Shrinking Portfolio in area, no opportunity for growth
The Camden culture strives hard to keep it's culture balanced
Denver Regional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 20, 2016
The top of Camden Property Trust truly have a heart for their employees. However I have noticed that there are some regional s that may let the "business" get in the way of the Camden values at times. After we are just people trying our best to be our best. Over all Camden is a FANTASTIC place to work! Would highly recommend my best friend to work here.
productive work place
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2016
just work non stop and make sure that you always look busy of some sort basically. Another thing was just being around a group of people who just wanted to work and help.
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 30, 2016
Good people and very caring . I have nothing bad to say. Great company to work for and if they had Camden where I want to move I would move forward with Camden
Great Place to work
Leasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2016
Leasing Consultant is a fun job for the sales driven individual with strong interpersonal skills. This company sold 40 of it's properties since I worked there.
Pros
$1000 clothing allowance back then
Cons
Minimal base salary
Great Place to work
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Mid AtlanticJuly 13, 2016
There is a reason it is on Fortune 500 Best Companies to work for. Just wish Camden's Culture was more apparent on site level.
Great Leadership
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2016
I have being with Camden for 6 years. It is a great company and I am very fortunate for all of the opportunities it has presented me with over the years.
Communications
executive assistant office manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2015
Camden's Property Technology Communications were building into the new phases as the technology grew to-date. It was a great company that had a multi-family living styles that were on top of their Real Estate industry. It was a great staff during the time I was an employee.
Pros
Corporate Stays
Cons
N/A

Want to know more about Camden Property Trust?

Ask a question
Fun Company to Work For
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 2, 2016
This was my first "real job". I was a Summit employee and part of the Camden acquisition. Camden is a great company with a focus on employee growth and having fun
Work smart not hard!
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaOctober 14, 2015
Camden is the best place to work! each person is constantly being recognized whether through awards, company-wide emails, or cards being sent to you. The opportunity to grow is each manager's primary goal! The training you'll receive is always going to be endless with the classes actually being so much fun. Overall, a terrific company with great morale.
Pros
we have a lots of benefits and perks
Cons
You have to work almost every weekend
Productive and wonderful place to work
District Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 3, 2016
Camden is a wonderful place to work for, the benefits are great and your work is appreciated, they have classes for advancement within the company
Great place to work and awesome staff members
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh NCSeptember 30, 2015
Great place to work. Nice benefits and competitive pay. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with my staff and team members. We always had a great time while still being productive. I learned a lot from this company and the staff that I worked closely with. This job allowed me to show my natural sales abilities and my positive and optimistic perspective. I honestly don't believe that I had a really hard part to any day, I think anyone who enjoys working and being around people will find this career enjoyable. One of the biggest things that one can look forward to is multitasking everyday.
Pros
Staff members, unexpected bonuses
Cons
N/A
Terrific Company!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 30, 2015
Camden is the best place to work! The company is very large however you never feel like just a number; each person is constantly being recognized whether through awards, company-wide emails, or cards being sent to you. The opportunity to grow is each manager's primary goal! The training you'll receive is always going to be endless with the classes actually being so much fun. Overall, a terrific company with great morale.
Pros
Training, fun workplace, great commission
Cons
None!
Great Company
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston TXSeptember 24, 2015
Camden is a great company to work for! CEO is amazing and leaders are great. we have alots of bennefits and perks for working with the company that are truly great. the only reason the company did not receive five stars is because you are now required to work every weekend except one depending on which property you work at which puts a damper on your family life but other than that, great company.
Great Company to work for
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Sell the value of the property , Social media marketing, Use customer service skills .Team building , Process applications
New experience while providing Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 26, 2015
Working for Camden provided me a change into another industry while still allowing me to continue to fine tune my customer service skills.

I learned a great deal about the new leasing procedures in affect but ultimately realized Medical Front Office Assistance is my calling. It was a good experience to see customer service in a different industry to enhance my customer service skills even more.

I am a strong believer in honesty, trust, and representing oneself as if the business was your own. Dedication and hard work goes a long way. Unfortunately, I did not get a real since of these policies and procedures consistently in this position. I did make a lot of close friends within my team members there so it all worked out.
Pros
Learning experience while able to fine tune my customer service skills in a different industry.
Cons
Did not allow for the strongest consistency with policies and procedures
middle management change is necessary
Property Management (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 13, 2015
I have experienced both ends of the spectrum from completely satisfied and joyful to completely disappointed and discouraged.

Leasing consultants have no voice and can easily be eliminated without due process. Anything can be reported to mid management and HR without the employee even so much as being given the right to speak on their own behalf.

Disgusts me.
Good place to start if you have no experience in the corporate world
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was out a lot showing apartments- you are not inside of the office all day long. I got out a lot which is great in my opinion- I never liked being glued to an office chair.

The compensation used to be better, now the commission is getting lower and lower. Keep in mind you will be required to work during the weekends as well. The co workers were ok; the worst part of the job was dealing with the residents/prospects. Some residents are rude and have no manners (to the point at yelling at people in the office). I worked in three different locations.
Pros
This is an active job and not a "glued to the desk" job. I enjoyed going outside to show apartments
Cons
The compensation is not that great; dealing with RUDE residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camden Property Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2