Camden Property Trust

Camden Property Trust Employer Reviews

By far... the absolute BEST!
Leasing Professional (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2014
Camden was by far the best company I have ever worked for. Now I know why they are listed in the top ten companies to work for. All you need to do is ask and let someone tell you who they prefer!
Poor management
Property Services Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: time clock punch and hard to advance without a degree.
In my department and in the A/P department, the management is extremely poor and needs immediate attention.
Not a place for a career
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), NCFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: sometimes they buy you lunch?
Cons: you will never advance no matter how hard you work or intelligent you are
They never promote anyone unless you are a favorite in one of the cliques. The pay is terrible and they have people with no education managing college educated, more experienced people. Harassment goes un punished and bullying is key.
Great company to work for.
Leasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Doral, FLJanuary 20, 2014
A great company to work for if you are part of the northern or west parts of the company, not in south Florida. Amazing benefits, and very people driven. Extremely fast and growing environment, Great co-workers and facilities.
Sometimes fun but very stressful
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2013
Pros: nice residents
Cons: not enuf maintenance staff.
Do grounds in the morning. then schedule the turns and put the work orders in order of need to be done soon to non life threating. Work with manager and dm to try and get some capital things fixed in a timely manner.
great
Sr. Leasing Agent, Camden Belair (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 25, 2013
A typical day at work was face paced and very productive.I learned all aspects of businnes with camden. My coworkers adopted the mission statement which was great.The hardest past of the job was seeing tenants being evicted. The most enjoyable was leasing an apartment to families that enjoyed the commnunity
Wonderful Company to work for
Community Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 9, 2013
Strong and solid leadership. Clear and concise direction from executive team. I wish they were in New York.
Exceptional place to work
Community Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: growth opportunites
Camden expects hard work and gives back to its employees 10 fold.
Great Fortune 100 company to work for.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 22, 2013
I generally have really enjoyed working for Camden. They hold themselves to higher standards than most multi family companys and it shows in the customer and employee satisfaction. My typical work day consists of answering numerous calls about our community and pricing. I then hope to set apointment in order to give the prospective resident a tour of – more... our fantastic amenities, tell them all about our community and show them their desired apartment. When they lease i help them through that process to get them one step closer to moving in, which also consist of provided paperwork, statements and helping set up utilities. Once they are resident I assist in day to day needs like scheduling service repairs, transfering, renewing and eventualy their exit process, all while trying to build better relationships and keep our customers happy. – less
Great place to work but no room for advancement.
Acounting (Current Employee), Houston, TxAugust 18, 2013
This is a great company to work for but due to the small size of the employee base, the ability to advance in your career is limited. The culture is fun and the work/life balance is ok if you're in specific departments.
Disheartening change in a great company.
Business Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 11, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor houston leadership team.
Camden has been an incredible company in the past and will be again if...the principles of the company stop and look at the big picture.
In an effort to grow their business they employed self-centered, selfish, and self-serving people. Grant it they hid it very well in the beginning... their true colors didn't start shining through for a while, but – more... enough has happened that the principles have surely noticed.
Employee turnover is through the roof, especially long term people. Change is certain in a large company like Camden but when the basic foundation is lost in translation...meaning remember and value the people that helped put the company where it is... the tower starts to crumble.
Although the principles verbalize that they appreciate and care about each and every person they employ...the buck stops there. From the CEO down, the people in charge of the Houston market are all about themselves, and how to get their friends at the top of the food chain. They have systematically eliminated anyone they feel doesn't fit their idea of a "leader" in other words...don't question, disagree or argue. Do what you’re told, and if it’s not right too bad...take the blame. Camden use to allow for individual thinking and encouraged discussions, opinions and suggestions, to some degree they still do but no one dares verbalize it or they might find themselves being escorted out of the building soon after.
Many long term, loyal, and committed folks have lost their jobs because of the selfish and jealous motives the "in charge" people foster. These people need to be phased out. They have had their fun, and ruined allot of good people’s dreams in the process. It is disheartening.
I know I sound like a disgruntled ex-employee but the truth is what it is...as they say...the numbers never lie.
I believe Camden can and will turn it around, there is a young man who is being groomed to take over the family business...as it should be...conversations with him speak volumes about his character...he will bring Camden back to what it was...one of the best places to work.
I sincerely hope the principles of Camden will take a good hard look at its current Houston leadership, and try to save what they can of it. – less
Great Company to work for
Bayside - Assistant Manger (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 15, 2013
Pros: #10 on the fortune 500 best companies to work for.
Cons: room for advancement.
I am the Assistant Manager for a very large property. My daily activities include helping run the entire property. I am the "go to person" for most things onsite. Whatever the question is big or small I am always willing to help out where ever needed.
Stepping Stone to A Bright Future
Leasing consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, professional grooming
Cons: management inconsistently applies company values
I would certainly recommend this company for that person who is ready to transition into a more professional atmosphere than retail or similar fields. There are great tools provided to groom employees to further their careers in many fields. Learn from every experience and jump at every opportunity to grow!
I will warn prospective newcomers to remain – more... professional and very technical. It is the only defense in an occasionally biased environment. – less
Best values in town
Sales/marketing (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 15, 2013
My typical day at work includes all admin duties, continuous sales and marketing, and customer service. I also am the leasing manager so I oversee 5-8 staff members daily. I have been with the company for many years and have learned so many values that make me a big asset to my future endeavors. I have been lucky enough to work with the same manager – more... for all my years. There is a lot of room for promotion within this company so my team has changed many times throughout the years. I would say my biggest struggles have been dealing with difficult customers and having to over come the many road blocks we tend to run into in this line of work. Every single day at work is fun and my favorite part would be being able to assist our customers in finding their new home and starting the future with Camden. – less
good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor / Mentor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 5, 2013
Camden has great training and employee development. Good opportunities for employee advancement.
Overall a good company to work for
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches, pto, bonuses, great for people with families, benefits
Cons: depending on region: inadequate management, unprofessionalism, favoritism
Overall, my experience with this company was a good one. Try to aim at working at a property with high rents because you will love your commission check. All in all, the money was good and the bonuses were awesome. The only negative about Camden is that your experience with this company depends upon your community manager. Most managers are not held – more... accountable for their unprofessionalism and being that this is a female demoninated field, many managers can be petty and full of gossip and drama. I definitely recommend keeping your business to yourself and staying out of the office drama and your work experience will be just fine! – less
Camden is rated in the Top 100 Places to Work
Community Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: having stock options with the company.
Cons: the community being sold to other investors.
Very fast pace community and very diverse. Camden was great to work for allowing me to do my job as well as providing me with all the tools and training needed to exceed expectations. They actually listen and ask for feedback from their employees. I hired a great team that worked closed together to meet the goals of the property. The hardest part of – more... this job was having to file eviction on residents that could not continue to pay rent for one reason or another. I loved the fast pace environment and the diversity of the job. – less
Productive and fun work place
Leasing Consultant/Business Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Peoria, AZFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: great employee appreciation days and bonuses
Cons: managers are not held accountable
Great company to work for. Training is awesome and the employees are nice and the environment is fun.
Great company to work for. Geat values and appriciated their employees
Community Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: valued their employees
Camden was a fortune 500 company. Their values were exceptional. Rewarded their employees based ontheir performance.
Dead-end job
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: apartment discount
Cons: harassed for not being stock holder or having 401k; in debt for uniforms; in debt for vacation
A typical day involves being extremely under paid for the extremely over worked responsibilities that Camden requires of you. Every day you are not a share holder, you are harassed why you are not buying company stock. The same goes if you don't have insurance or 401K or anything else that allows Camden to keep your money away from you. Speaking of – more... which, they require you to get uniforms. The first batch is $700 and you are now in debt to them for then next 12 months for this amount; every 6 months, you are given a $250 replenishment that you are in debt for the next 12 months. These are *not* "FREE" uniforms. You do not earn vacation for the first 6 months-- please do not confuse this is not just that you can't USE vacation, because you don't even EARN vacation for 6 months. Then you are given the full year's balance up front to use, which you are now in debt to Camden for. If you don't use the vacation, you lose the vacation. So almost every one of Camden's policies are set up for you to be in debt with them. If you want to leave, even voluntarily, you will NOT get a final pay check-- they take it away from you. – less

About Camden Property Trust

Camden Property Trust hums along by investing in, developing, and operating luxury and middle-market apartment complexes in about – Read more