Camelot Community Care Employee Reviews

Stressful work environment - new Clinical Director.
COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2017
Working with the client's was not an issue. The issue was the management skills of the Area Director. I did not appreciate the fact that the language she used was, in my opinion, not appropriate.
low
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2017
No proper training, learn as you go. After completing a task you will be told to redo as the policy has changed. . Management lacks knowledge of policy and procedure. There is lack of communication between management and staff members. Trashy manager uses obscenities while at work.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
Would hate working there, too much fake people
Family Friendly and great expereince
Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 26, 2017
I have worked for Camelot for many years in various positions. We work with foster kids and families in the community providing counseling services and foster care (recruitment, licensing, training). There are high standards for doing the right things in the best interest of children. This company is very ethical and cares about kids. I have made life time friends at this company and I know I make a difference in the lives of children.
Pros
make a difference; ethical/solid company
Cons
hard work but worth it for the kids
Company no longer exist
Independent Living Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2017
This company no longer exists, they lost their contract because of a news story about the death of 8 children. The company loat their contract to Eckerd Kids.
Counseling foster children and children in juvenile detention was very rewarding.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2017
Considering the workload and the time spent not being compensated for extra work was challenging. I didn't feel as if there was room for advancement at Camelot Community Care, but did enjoy learning and assisting persons of varying socioeconomic status'.
Work hard
Tampa Bay Youth Outreach Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2017
The people are really nice and friendly. They need to work on their organization, but they do what they can for their employees and their clients. They all have a really great attitude.
Great agency
Dependency Case Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 14, 2017
awesome benefits and good company to work for. The staff is very friendly and management is great. High case loads and high turnover rate. Pay is great for entry SW.
Pros
pay, flexibility
Social Worker
Family Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 13, 2017
you will enjoy working with your co-worker and everything is willing to help each other. The supervisor are willing to take time out with you and help you.
Pros
lunches
Cons
not as much paperwork
flexible work
Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33760February 2, 2017
A typical work day is that i go to the office to set a schedule to go visit my foster kids then i would meet with them either at home, their job or their school. I would make sure they are going to school and getting the grades they would need. I would assist the children with finding housing or jobs or anything they would need.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Not being able to be home with my family
N/a
Foster Care Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 2, 2016
Work with therapeutic foster kids in the foster home, Must complete all paperwork and casemangement duties as well as provide therapy to the child and family.
Camelot Comunity Care
In-house Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLOctober 25, 2016
a typical day at work was visiting the homes and schools of children exhibiting at-risk behaviors. Attended meetings at school to advocate for the child. Facilitated individual and family sessions
Pros
work load
Cons
travel
Caring and responsive staff
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 16, 2016
Great supervisors and co-workers. I learned a lot from all of them. They handled transition from previous company pretty well, despite the many changes it entailed.
Pros
Responsive supervisors
Cons
Contract work
No advancement and Toxic Mangement
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2016
If you enjoy having little autonomy and toxic management than this is the place for you. Micromanagement doesn't even fully entail what you go through here. This place will hinder you professionally growing.
Pros
Cons
Extremely unaffordable healthcare plans, toxic management
Flexible hours but poor compensation.
Title- Child/Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 7, 2016
Flexible hours but poor compensation. Director of operations is very unprofessional and does not care about his employees quality of life.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay
Summary
Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2016
I am a very passionate person, so when I work, I put my all into what I do. I have 2 young children who depend on me, and all I want in life it to provide for them. I'm very time focused, so I'm always early. I was a college athlete, so I'm very competitive! If there's a task needing completion, I'll work and fight until it's done. I have a wonderful personality and very dependable. I get along with co workers well. I think the hardest part of my last drive was the commute, but the job itself, was fine. I love to work! Period! I love interacting with people and completing tasks.
Intern work place
Licensing Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 21, 2015
Interning at this agency can give you great exposure to the paperwork involved with licensing a foster home. Working in this company also gives you the opportunity to work with the potential foster parents and children.
Overall a pleasant place to work
Independent Living Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at Camelot, but was "burnt out" by the 40+ hours per week. The job was rewarding, yet stressful at the same time.
I loved my job but mutual respect is lacking.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2015
You get out of this job what you put into it. It can be very draining if you do not set boundaries with clients and directors. Don't take things personally.
Child Custody
Case Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2015
Worked with families and provided reports and recommendations to the court on custody issues. Provided expert testimony and developed excellent report writting skills.
Pros
Worked independently and self regulated cases.
Cons
Poor pay and little room for advancement.
its all about the money
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2015
when I started with this company I had great hopes for a career here. However management changes and shifts in personal caused that hope to go right out the window. It is sad to see such a great company simply fall apart due to the management and their actions.