Camelot Education Employee Reviews

Profit is the bottom line!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 12, 2017
This company is very unprofessional and has an extremely high turnover rate. The pay is awful compared to public and charter school pay but the students are much worse. When a student assaults a teacher or staff member they will be right back at school a week later because Camelot does not want to miss out on those dollars. It costs a public school district approximately $100,000 to send a child to an APS. Why is it that the teachers or aids are paid so poorly?
Pros
It is a job
Cons
It is the worst teaching job in the world.
Great opportunity to help kids
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2017
Camelot offers a unique population of kids who are excited to work with staff. Camelot students can be challenging, but once they feel comfortable you will see them make a lot of progress. Camelot kids always come back to visit!
Pros
Staff support, chances for advancement
Fun, exciting environment!
Academic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2017
A great place to be a part of! Camelot is all about what is best for the kids. The students and staff really create a family atmosphere that makes you excited to come back everyday!
A Challenge
Cashier (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 22, 2017
This is a very challenging place to work at. If you are willing to make a difference and want to change the lives of others than this is the place for you.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Staff Drama Power Struggle
Great Mission Statement
Welcome Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
Great atmosphere to work in. The students were very fortunate to have such great people working for them. To help them achieve their goals and give them a since of belonging and community.
great
Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2017
Great place to work if you have patience to work with troubled you but its very gratifying seeing them succeed. The staff is awesome and very understanding.
Great place to work and grow
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 12, 2017
Camelot of Hoffman Estates, IL is a great place for both new and experienced individuals working in the special education field. Camelot of Hoffman Estates, IL fosters a positive team and classroom environment. Everyone works together and truly cares about one another and for the students. All the staff want only the best for the students, and people truly give it their all day in and day out.
Pros
Administration is always willing to hear feedback, classrooms work with one another, lots of collaboration between staff, able to grow personally
Cons
Professionally locked into one position
Great work Place
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 28, 2017
Awesome place to work much needed service needed i the inner city schools Camelot answer the call on many social challenges that today's students are faced with.
Pros
Servicing the youth
Cons
Cities underestimate the Value of need service
Great Company to work for. Fantastic people
Head of School/Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJ / Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2017
Great and upcoming company. The people are fantastic. They provide a great opportunity for job experience. The model works and is effective in helping youth navigate the experiences of life.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Contracts based on School District budgets
Racist
Culinary Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2017
The company is based off of exploiting underprivileged youth. Most campuses are run like a detention center not a school. There's only room for improvement if you're friends with the higher ups.
the overall Camelot experience.
Classroom Behavior Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2017
Great company to work for; great work experience awesome staff and training so your always ahead of your craft here. a place where you may stay until you retire if desired.
Pros
excellent work enviroment
Cons
fast pace
Structure, Ownership, Accountability and Consistency.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2017
I've been working for Camelot Education since 2005 and inlove what I do. We are a student focused company that has a heart to elevate the minds and hearts of our students at all of our locations. Great company with great leadership.
Excellent Mission and Goal for at risk youth
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 1, 2017
Solid company to work for left due to contract cuts in city would return if opportunity presented its self.

Everyday was uniquely challenging.
I learned that no two situations are the same when it comes to solving the issues that our youth face today. It takes patients and a keen eye to observe to gauge what solutions are best for the individuals needs.

Management was flexible in-regards to finding the best solutions with in the parameters of the company norms and policies.

Most enjoyable part of the job is making an impact in someones life everyday.
Pros
Impact position
Cons
contract based off city funding
No Behavior Support
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILApril 27, 2017
I accepted a position as a special education teacher at one of the Camelot Schools, and it was the worst teaching experience I have ever had. They are not prepared to handle students with severe behaviors to due to lack of behavior team. They allowed students to attack staff all day with absolutely no supports. The schools have very nice facilities, but horrible support. All of my staff told me to quit if a better opportunity came up, and I chose to take their advice.
Overworked, Underpaid
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  HousApril 3, 2017
Although the job was rewarding, I was injured by a student due to lack of Behavior Specialist support. The kids can get out of control. I was also required to submit weekly lesson plans for four subjects without any support.
For The Students
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2017
Best part of my job is helping the students reach their potential. Seeing the "light bulb" go off when they finally realize how intelligent they are!!
Pros
Students, co-workers, pay
fun
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILDecember 5, 2016
this place is well organized and works well with all types of students. really have a lot to offer and making sure they have the kids best interest and the capability of changing their lives
Pros
organized, loving building
Cons
not enough pay
Place that feels inviting and safe.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2016
The lowest paying therapeutic school for experienced teachers with 10 years or more experience, However, the staff and students make each day worth it.
Pros
The staff and students, Health Ins
Cons
The starting pay
loved it!
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PASeptember 8, 2016
i had so much fun at this job. I loved planning with brides and then making their dream wedding happen. i also love to cook so i have my own special recopies i got to make. My co workers were so much fun and high energy. the job was fast paced and never boring.
Pros
always busy
Cons
Active over all a great place to work and its good for the comunities for children with audtuism.
Instructor I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2016
Very busy not a dull moment over all fun learning through out our daily duties. The children needed lots of one on one attention hands on required all day. Enjoyable very full filling for and instructor such as myself. We learn together on a daily I enjoyed everyday I spent as an learning force at my place of employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camelot Education. Our community is ready to answer.