Cameron University Employee Reviews

Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 31, 2016
I taught beginning Speech class 1113. This was a requirement for certain bachelor degrees. The class was made up of mostly adults seeking a degree and having a full time job.
Pros
administration
Cons
compensation
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 23, 2016
Cameron is a wonderful place to work and meet new people. A great place to network . Being an event specialist was fun. I learned new things every day.
Not a great employer
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 18, 2016
Management is focused on attracting students and the faculty is pressured into making students happy rather than students having a learning experience. Students demand grades just for showing up. Management pressures faculty to retain students with no emphasis on student learning.
Teaching Assistant at Physical Science Department (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 30, 2016
I assisted my professor in keeping the records of the students. I learnt about management skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I could do my job at time.
Coaching
Head Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 27, 2016
Athletics at this university are not a priority but a necessary evil as looked at by the administration. Very low budgets that don't cover the travel and very low pay for having to have a master's degree.
Great family environment with wonderful people to work with.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
no committment
It's a good job
Physical Facility Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 6, 2016
It's a night job, where we have to clean the buildings on cameron campus, I learned how to interact with coworkers and I manage a whole building by myself. My co-workers are good and friendly people.
Pros
team work, good benefits, close to my house
Cons
it was a night time job
Everyone is perfectly fine with being average!
Coach (Current Employee) –  Athletic DepartmentJune 28, 2016
Athletic department is severly under funded, under staffed and facilities are a joke! This is a place where they will always want you to do ALOT with so little. All sports head coaches must fundraise several thousand dollars each year just so his/her team can get through the year. Also, assistant coaches and GA positions are few and far between- AD and President do not believe they are necessary. But, coaches must spend several extra hours per week monitoring study hall so their students can achieve a "3.0" so department heads look good. Student athlete enrollment/advising is a joke- No classes are held for athletes who have practice at specific times... Goodluck having a practice with all of your team members present! Trying to get transfers from junior college? Goodluck! Hardly anything transfers!

Community doesnt support the university at all! Without two large foundations (McMahon/McCasland) the university wouldnt have anything new. Fan support is minimal compared to other universities home contests and student support/on campus support is non existent. There is no campus life nor is there much fun in town for students.

Athletic department is handcuffed and it is quickly realized by hard working and talented coaches who leave as quickly as possible. Do not get sucked in- they dont give you the resources to win- you'll be here forever if you arent careful!!
Pros
Cons
Read above
Changing the world every day
Administrative Assistance II (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 11, 2016
Every day I strive to help each student start their journey to their academic goals. There are ofent many hurdles gathering supportig documentation. Urban myths and legends often hamper the student's success. Through open communicaiton with relevant departments I see the studnet accomplish their goals. Watching a student cross their graduation station using Green to Gold program is very reqarding and inspiring.
Pros
Knowing every day I make a difference in somone's life
Cons
Enuring all departments understand the new policies and/or procedures
Student's Review of Cameron University
Internship - Senior Technical Editor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 11, 2016
Same as the last review.

I mean, really, Indeed.com, this is a bit of a pain. There should be a skip option. My education was pretty good, and gave me great stuff.
Flexible
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKMarch 10, 2016
Work study is great for college students but getting paid once a month is a drag. Loved working with my co-workers. They were awesome.
Great career. Retired in 2005
Professor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 22, 2015
Worked with hundreds of students over my 30 year career. Enjoyed the interaction in the classroom. Specialized in the management area of instruction.
Pros
Student involvement.
Cons
Oklahoma's low salary.
Productive and fun workplace
Office & Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton OklahomaMay 31, 2015
A productive and fun workplace providing students the required assistance with using the schools computers and helping with office duties. Helps improve interpersonal relationship and a friendly working environment
Short time emplyed here.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 30, 2015
Did not really work in the organization long enough to get totally familiar with the operation. Owner was not on sight, leaving staff to handle all issues.
Meeting a wide variety of students can be exciting.
Administrative Assistant II/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKApril 2, 2015
I enjoy working with friendly staff. Displaying excelent customer service both on the telephone and face to face. The hardest thing is to multitasking. you have to stay on top of it all.
Fun place to work daily
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 4, 2014
Over all daily activities were patrolling the campus learning where everything was at. Securing the buildings when needed. I learned that a college campus is a completely different environment than that of working a city as an officer. Co-workers were great to work with and could be depended on when needed. Hardest part of the job would be having to work the holidays when everyone else is home with their family and friends. Working all hours of the day and night depending on what shift your assigned to. The best part of the job was meeting different types of people on campus both students and faculty. It was for the most part a very relaxed and fun place to work.
Pros
Watching how the students were able to better their lives and make something of them selfs.
Cons
Working odd hours and holidays
Productive and great working environment
Department Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 22, 2014
Cameron is a great place to work that offers a great benefit package. The interaction with the many cultures is always a pleasure. The management is also to notch. The hardest part of my job is when a student is having a hard day and even after listening and trying to help with the issue, you couldn't resolve the issue. The best part of my job is the interaction between the instructors and the students. There is always something diffrent everyday.
Pros
The campus is beautiful and the facilities at the gym/pool are great!
Cons
Limit on the amount of classes an employee is allow to take per semester.
Great Psychology Department
Professor (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 13, 2014
I have worked for several Universities. This department functions as a fun and healthy family unit. We enjoy each other's skills and talents and love to laugh and complete tasks together. This is the best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, free medical, and great retirement plan
great people
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 8, 2014
Working for Cameron University was fun. Staff is well taken care of except for pay. There is a major difference between support staff and other employees. The benefits are great! Company paid you can't beat that.
Productive and fun to work with employees
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 26, 2013
I love working as Student's Assistant/clerk. Nice people and boss.
It gets busy but still fun to work. Everyone was treated nicely.
Pros
you can take a lunch break anytime. Schedule is very flexible
Cons
N/A
fun environment
Security/Information Desk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 30, 2013
learned about the school, activities, and programs available for students. checked in visiting students or parents, answered questions for potential students. secured building at specific times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cameron University. Our community is ready to answer.

Cameron University Reviews by Location