Cameron University Employee Reviews

Great place to work - excellent people
Circulation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 11, 2017
Cameron University Library is an amazing place to work. Granted, I would love to make more pay at this job, but I am very happy with the job. I enjoy the people that I get to interact with every day.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Need better pay
Short-timer
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  onlineSeptember 7, 2017
I have only worked at Cameron very briefly so I can't really comment.

As an adjunct I get paid per class and not per hour. However, the rate of pay is good.
Engineering department at Cameron university is a really great place to work. Advancement while cross traing in HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing.
Building engineer 3 (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 21, 2017
I personally learned alot in the Industrial/Plant maintenance from the other employees and bosses. The atmosphere and all the other faculties/staff employees around campus are really nice and easy to get along with. I can't think of anything bad about the place. Cameron really takes care of the students which makes working there an awesome experience.
Pros
Plenty of days off without using your vacation or sick hrs.
Cons
The pay could be better. Its average for the Lawton area.
nice employees poor management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 2, 2017
management had no clue what was going on 24/7 the employees were good to work with and mostly made the job bearable. was nice to be around the students and see them learning and growing over time
Pros
healthcare was paid by them
Productive and fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 30, 2017
I was the manager of the Cameron University Women's Basketball team and it was such an amazing experience because I got to meet women from all over the world, see them work together towards a common goal, and form friendships that'll last forever.
Pros
Being with the team
Good people, wonderful school.
Chair, Department of Social Sciences (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 15, 2017
There's no better place to teach and no better colleagues to work with. State funding just needs to be better. Lots of campus improvements over the years in spite of tight budgets and a challenging enrollment environment.
Great place to work!
Teacher's aide, office organization, inventory (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 20, 2017
Work was extremely fun and comfortable. My supervisor was very flexible with my school schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job was the environment and location. It was on campus and very feasible as a student.
Amazing open place with many interactions
Game Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 28, 2017
People come and play, study, work and gather to associate. There is many things available from food to pool or ping pong. There is free Wi-Fi so you can bring your laptop or computer to game.
Pros
Free wifi, open place to study or work
Cons
It can become packed at times can also gwt cold or hot
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 27, 2017
I was only a student worker, so I got to make my own hours and study while at work if the work load was light. People are friendly, and it's very rewarding to help other students.
Great Place fun and exciting
Dept. Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 24, 2017
Very small college, not a lot of funding. Culture is great promotions come but pay is very low although cost of living is not high in the city. Great benefits. State funded college.
Campus Job
Systems analyst/project internship/SDLC (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 23, 2017
The title says it all, why am i reviewing things? I just want to look for a job, not give back to the community! But this thing insists that i submit 150 characters...
Pros
Money and Experience in a relative field
Cons
Extremely fun place to work and learn
Student Worker (ITS Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 20, 2017
Very fun and student friendly work environment with excellent co-workers and supervisor. The work equally provides a learning and growing opportunities .
Friendly staff, with manageable hours
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 29, 2017
Custodians at the girls dormitories legitimately care for you, and your well-being. Always willing to work around your schedule. A fun, and inspiring environment.
Awesome
Research Project for Dr. Carney (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 9, 2017
I went to school here, I got my degree here and I do recommend it if you want to go to a school that is fairly easy to get into. Great and friendly environment.
Good place to start
Aggie Rec Center Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKMarch 1, 2017
As balancing school, sport and a job, it was a good place to start because of flextime and limitations to work some days due to athletic games. Rec center the manager is great as long as you put in the work and you care about being an asset in the company.
My solace for the day is coming in to work in this office.
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 26, 2017
Great people, very sociable, and impeccable customer service. The hardest part of the job would be the pay. It is not the best but it is still enough to try and survive on.
Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 31, 2016
I taught beginning Speech class 1113. This was a requirement for certain bachelor degrees. The class was made up of mostly adults seeking a degree and having a full time job.
Pros
administration
Cons
compensation
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 23, 2016
Cameron is a wonderful place to work and meet new people. A great place to network . Being an event specialist was fun. I learned new things every day.
Not a great employer
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 18, 2016
Management is focused on attracting students and the faculty is pressured into making students happy rather than students having a learning experience. Students demand grades just for showing up. Management pressures faculty to retain students with no emphasis on student learning.
Teaching Assistant at Physical Science Department (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 30, 2016
I assisted my professor in keeping the records of the students. I learnt about management skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I could do my job at time.