Only Licensed MFT, MSW, CSW, or PC, Master's degree need apply.
MANAGED BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE CASE MANAGER
- Under the direction of the Supervisor of Vice President, the Care Manager is responsible for implementing the Care Management programs, including Prior Authorization, Concurrent Review and Care Management. We are looking for a Case Manger who has specialized training in Autism Disorders; however, all applicants should apply for consideration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses patient's clinical presentation for medical necessity and appropriateness of proposed evaluation/treatment goals.
- Authorizes inpatient and/or outpatient treatment according to company's stated criteria.
- Clearly and completely documents all initial and concurrent reviews, including, but not limited to diagnosis, symptoms, interventions, goals and plan for next review.
- Closes all cases according to the defined case closure procedure in a timely manner, and in accordance with guidelines established by the department Director.
- Consults with Providers as needed, responds to provider questions with regard to EAP or Managed Care cases.
- Performs provider recruiting duties as needed.
- Serves as liaison to other departments as needed.
- Participates in training of other Care Managers as necessary.
- Completes EAP authorizations
- Performs Risk Management Activities as needed.
- Attends weekly Administrative and Peer Review Committee meetings.
- Performs special audits, projects, etc. as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Current licensure required in the state of GA (LCSW, RN, MFT, PhD)
Minimum two years experience as a behavioral health care manager
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of managed care and EAP principles and practices
- Understanding of basic computer keyboard operations
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to assess a patient's clinical presentation and proposed treatment plans according to company criteria
Employee Assistance/Managed Behavioral Health Care Firm