Cameron

Cameron Employee Reviews

Good brand company but on downhill
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: uncertainty of upper management behaviour.
Managerial Politics.

Worked hard day & night to develop overseas department but it did not help to secure my job.

It backfire me to lose my job.
fast pace work environment
Lead Quality Control NDT Level II Inspector (Former Employee), Mansfield, PaJune 21, 2015
Working on heavy equipment, learn a lot as you keep progressing in that company and everybody is like family. Fast pace work environment and you can go and travel to other states and get a lot of training done.
Serious workplace but without the tension.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Lack of
A typical day at work was at the computer organizing files and reviewing technical write-ups. Constant working was encouraged but not enforced. Friendly conversations were easy to come by.
Busy work, no personal time.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 6, 2015
On call 24/7. Work a lot of hours and do no get much free time. Employees in Colorado were not the friendliest. No days off when you first start. After about three months I moved to the 10 days on, 3 off schedule.
Cameron is a good company with a brite futute.
Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2015
Pros: working for a company with good and successful\y business stratagy.
Cons: Pay not comprable to like companies.
I am a self starter with comprehensive quality skills, and experience.
I have learned tolerance for all persons, included management traits to help me motivate others, and to promote production. My experience has included the lows of seeing qualified persons leave a company, and highs being part of a successful business venture.
Turn and Burn IT
Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 1, 2015
Cons: Ethics issues, Bad management.
Do not work for this company, corrupt management, constantly turning over employees in critical environments, bad ethics.
A BIG joke of a company
Flowback Operator (Former Employee), Pearsall, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: There are none
Was lied to before I ever walked through the door. They have no work. You sit at home waiting for work. They took your salary away you were told you were going to have when you took the job. There never was a schedule they told you were going to have.
Long Days...Minimal Pay
Welder (Former Employee), Ville Platte, LAMay 26, 2015
The overtime hardly available, the breaks were short. The staff was friendly and the benefits were poor. There was no job security. Very low pay for the work being done.
Great place to work and good benefits.
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee), Magnolia, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: great place, good benefits.
Cons: None to mention.
This was a great place to work. They were in good balance with quantity and quality. I left there when the Magnolia shop closed and I was transferred to Houston, because the hours were being cut and I didn't know at the time that the market was declining for welders. I would have never left had I known that, and now the ones working there are at risk of layoffs.
Basically on call 24 hours.
Flowback Operator (Former Employee), Pearsall, TXMay 23, 2015
Either work at the shop, or get called out on a job. Travel a lot, sometimes out for a month at a time. Benefits, and pay is good.
Behind on the times
Mold Maker (Current Employee), Katy, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Union environment
I believe its a good company it just needs people more suited for leadership positions instead of people who know the right people.
Materials Assistant / Inside Sales / Buyer
Materials Assistant /Inside Sales/Buyer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2015
I enjoyed my employment at Cameron Corporation. I worked with a great team of employees and management. I left because was made an offer I could not refuse.
Great company to work for with wonderful co-workers
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Millbury, MAMay 8, 2015
I like working at Cameron. I have learned a lot in my time at Cameron and really enjoy the people I work with. The management at Cameron are great people and it's very nice working with them.
Great people
Welder (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMay 5, 2015
This company treated me well and the people they hired were great to work with. The shifts and hours were desirable to give me time at home with my family and the overtime was great when avaliable.
productive•
Dimensional QC Inspector / SAP QM LOTS (Current Employee), Odessa, TXApril 30, 2015
• Recommended repair as needed with good repair plan on all valves.
• Proficient and detailed in inspection reports writing and report non-conforming parts/material..
• Utilized Microsoft access for equipment logging and tracking.
• Provide management with update on personnel qualification pertaining to API.
• Capable of climbing, working at high elevations and working in confined spaces
• Compiling of work assignments for external QA/QC service providers and ensuring completeness and accuracy of documentation and reports.
• Following up on progress with QA/QC activities and compiling feedback on quality trends and other predefined metrics.
• Improved the documentation of QA testing practices to enhance their repeatability, saving time and money and encouraging testing standardization and best practices
• Detecting, classifying, and reporting bugs through Defect Tracking System.
• Active interaction with team members, team lead and developers in review meetings to evaluate the progress and performance of the application.
• Grouped Manual test cases in sets and scheduled them for execution using Quality center.
• Involved in weekly status meetings.
• Reported and tracked bugs using Quality Center.
• Involved in creation of RTM, defect reports.
• Actively participated in bug meetings with QA team and developers to discuss and resolve outstanding defects.
Productive and ever changing
Flow Back Operator (Current Employee), OdessaApril 23, 2015
Pros: Traveling
Cons: no insurance and unsteady work
Heavy manual labor some days ending with a detailed report to supervisors. Some days are just learning experiences where seasoned employees have the time to educate newer workers like myself on stages and processes in the Oilfield Industry.

I have learned that in the oil industry, it can be enriching with teamwork and communication. Along with very high safety procedures.

The hardest part of the job is the time and distance from my family, ranging anywhere from 7 days to 3 weeks and hundreds of miles away. It turned out to be too taxing on a young father like myself, missing special moments or emergencies due to distance.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience and sense of safety that I've gathered for this past year.
Talented engergetic work force, rely too much on old ways of doing business, leadership lacks innovation, creativity, strategic thinking
Sr. Program Manager, PMO (Former Employee), HoustonApril 15, 2015
Cameron's executive leadership practices old school, don't rock the boat mentality. While they espouse creativity, innovation, collaboration, and integrity, they don't practice it and resist those who do.
productive
QC/QA Inspector (Current Employee), Vicksburg msApril 15, 2015
Pros: boot allowance
Cons: Oil Prices
this job is based off of oil prices, so if they are not in a resonable range, than you loose contracts. But overal the job is fun and diferent from day to day.
Cameron is a data driven organization in the upstream Oil and Gas Service Industry
HSE Specialist (Current Employee), Brookshire, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Positive impacts on fellow employees work experience.
Cons: Too few hours in the day.
Cameron is challenging and rewarding in turns. The average days consist of more than you think possible to accomplish.
Great company, could be better
Safety Management Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 12, 2015
Upper management is slow to react and when they do, they tend to over react to outside influences.Pay and benefits are excellent but work/life balance needs improving.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cameron

Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry – Read more

Cameron Salaries