Cameron Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Frac Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 15, 2017
Management team at Cameron was substantially young, with very little knowledge of the service line that was dealt with on a daily basis. Would not recommend this company to a friend.
inventory operations
Senior Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77041November 13, 2017
fast paced warehousing operations
long days and difficult time lines to meet.
workplace culture is fast paced.
could use more realistic
excellent fringe benefits.
Pros
great fringe benefits
Great work environment.
Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 3, 2017
I greatly enjoyed learning how to repair and test fracking valves as a valve technician. I had plenty of hours and enjoyed a great work environment with motivated and friendly coworkers. The only downside was that I was never hired on full time with the company and that I was laid off in 2015 during a slow season for the oil and gas industry.
Awesome
Supervisor Welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
Was a well managed company with great benefits and definitely place to grow with in the company. The pay was good and PTo and vacation days were great.
Lots of ot in a hard hat!
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 3, 2017
Pretty much all upper management and alot of employees are related. Alot of favortism. Never-ending overtime! Place is ok if u attended Oakride Schools in Muskegon Mi, thats all the supervisor brings in there.
Pros
Alot of vacation, free donuts once a month
Cons
Short breaks, favortism
nice place
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  houston texas 77041October 27, 2017
fun place to work, nice co-workers , fun managers, sales department very good and nice, IT people very helpful, training is always in place management very good, like to work with a customer, happy employees, they always there to help.
very family friendly feeling company
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2017
from the morning meeting until you clock out the environment was always pleasing and kept all workers informed of what was going on with the company when it came to revenue
Pros
always work
Cons
only temporary positions
its ok
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKOctober 19, 2017
Cameron is an okay place to work if you want to make decent cash to live on but not much more than that. management was reasonable and helped when they could.
Very enjoyable place to work.
Designer I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
Work was laid-back for the most part. Work was somewhat challenging. Management was best I've ever had - flexible and laid-back. Training is available for almost everything.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay
Very challenging with lots of training available
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 11, 2017
Cameron was an interesting change of pace. They push a lot data data tracking and training. We had many software conversion and upgrades. Most of the management I worked with was open-minded as long as you were productive and got your work done. There was a lot of reporting required some times this would hider your ability to be as productive because you had to spend so much time reporting data.It was a great learning experience.
Pros
learning new software and ways of doing things
Cons
oil and gas market
Outstanding Organization
President (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2017
Great leadership
Outstanding products and services
Many job opportunities for advancement
Leading processes
The very best people committed to the business
Pros
People
Cons
Limited capital at times
Great Place to work
Business Operations Manager (NAM/SAM) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2017
Great atmosphere and great place to work. I have been working with Cameron for over 10 years and for the most part it has been great.
I believe it may be time to move on to advance my career
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
Too many changes and no career advancement
The Merger
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2017
The relationship management and the common worker was very poor. I was able to sharpen my skills as a machinist in spite of programing issues that were so bad that I often times had to rewrite 80% of day to day program.
A valve manufacture
Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
My company the Western Co. of North America had been merged with BJ services. Initially I stayed with Cameron thinking this would a better opportunity since the industry was doing well and this was a chance to move out of EP and the Service industry. I found working in the manufacturing are was much more a controlled environment and just wasn't the best fit at the time. I was able to rejoin the BJ group which had purchased my company the Western Co. I initially came on board to help integrate a newly acquired Coiled Tubing business into the BJ system and culture and develop Standard practices for their operations.
Typical Oil Field
Manual Machinist (Former Employee) –  Berwick, LAAugust 28, 2017
This is a typical oil field job. They don't care about you or your family. It is either do the job when they say and how long they say for, or pack your bags!
Enjoyable place to work
Accounting/Payroll Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2017
I learned SAP and how to process payroll.

I had a wonderful group of workers.

I learned about processing payroll W-2's at the end of the year.

Before I knew it, my contract was up.
Great company before purchased by SLB
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Cameron felt like a family before SLB purchased them. it is now a very numbers driven almost robotic feeling coming to work. nobody gets raises or promotions and you are expected to do more work with the same amount of pay.
Pros
3 weeks vacation starting
Was better before the merger.
Subsea Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
Before being bought out by Slumberger, Cameron was an awesome company to work for. All managers had an open door policy and suggestions to improve work environment were appreciated and encouraged at all levels of the company.
Pros
World Travel, great benefits, negotiable time off
Cons
Travel +60% of the year, Management unwilling to work with employees
A good place to grow
Inspector II (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSAugust 18, 2017
If the jobs would have lasted in this area this would be an enjoyable to work, grow and retire from. They would enable you to learn more and be certified in areas to move further in knowyand wages.
Pros
Would expand your learning for future development.
Cons
Health care could have been better.
A very nice place to work with a lots of opportunities of growing.
Material Handler ll, Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
safety meeting at 6am. the rest of the day handling materials, closing w/o. I enjoyed.
I learned SAP/ERP
Great Management
We had a broad diversity of people and we got along very good (enjoyed every day)
being responsible for moving finished units across the company yard that was not pav. and they were highly cost units.
We respected every body very much and they respected your opinions during the meetings and all day long. our manager created a good working atmospher. and always enfataized on respecting and helping any body. the 22 people that worked in the material handling , receiving,shipping, warehousing, we were very friendly, good communication and helpful at each other. We were always eager to help when they called on the radio. Our boss created that culture among us and we enjoyed it a lot.
Pros
free ppi, boots, prescription glasses (industrial), many benefits
Cons
You could not have thee tardys in the whole year, you could be dismissed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cameron. Our community is ready to answer.