Cameron Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent work enviroment
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2016
Management was good. I made awesome friends as coworkers. I learned pretty much everything that I know now because I came in with no experience whatsoever. Gladly I had good mentors.
Pros
GOOD BONUS
Cons
NOT MUCH APPRECIATION DAYS FOR WORKERS
I liked it there
Rental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78409July 20, 2016
I loved working at Cameron and it was a great place to learn the pros and cons about the oil field industry.
Loved going out in the field learning about the equipment and it's a learning experience everyday!
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
temp job
Solid Stepping Stone in Industry
Aftermarket Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2016
Solid company to start your Oil and Gas Career. Management is based on right place right time or external candidate. Would recommend.
Ok
Valve Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
Design work, Client meeting, meeting with project engineers, Vendor interaction. Training of new products, meeting with phd's for new product development etc
Pros
OK
Cons
OK
Satisfying
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Berwick, LAJuly 10, 2016
While working for cameron I learned a lot about bops and how to build a lmrp and lower stack plus cameron does care about safety first. I would love to stay there but I need to move on because the company is slowing down.
Pros
FREE LUNCH BREAKS
Cons
LUNCHES ARE TO SHORT
Productive and for many years a good company to work for.
Technical Publications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
Coordinated and proofed the technical rig books for the controls equipment. Contacted vendors for paperwork to include in our manuals. Worked with project managers to make sure we were meeting our deadlines. Then passed the work on to the production artists that worked with me and answered all questions related to these books that they may have. I learned so much during my career there especially the computer programs. My management was always great to me during my entire career. Especially in my last position with the company they never micro managed us and respected us. My co-workers over the years were all great I made many friends over the years that became like family. My last coworkers I worked with so well we had a great team we always helped each other, got all of our projects out on time and were very productive. The most enjoyable part of my job was the coordinating and assembling information for our manuals I love doing type of work.
Pros
Health and Safety Incentitives
Cons
Industry downturn and being bought by Schlumberger
Enjoyed the first few years
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
Most recent manager was unsupportive which made my job difficult and cumbersome. All the other years and managers was a great expericence.
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
HR Department is not helpful
Cameron is now a Schlumberger Co.
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2016
No longer working for Cameron It Is Now A Schlumberger Co. Lay off due to economic down turn of the oil production industry.
Great place that challenges you everday. They really cae about people.
Senior CNC programmer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 26, 2016
Cameron is a very special company that cares about the employees & their families. They have great benefits and a very safe place to work. I really enjoyed my time at Cameron.
Pros
Great people to work with and well run company
Cons
The Oilfield company is just trying to survive
Company review
Service tech (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJune 23, 2016
Was a nice place to work, till production slowed. Learned all of the job basics, company changed names three times during my service. Hardest part of the job was adjusting and dealing with the inclement weather.
Benefits
Cons
Hours

Want to know more about Cameron?

Ask a question
Outgoing workplace
Customer Service Coordinator (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2016
Really busy when oil and gas is booming.
Learned the process on the sales side.
Management is okay.
Most of my co-workers I like and got along with.
If customer's product didn't hit their due date I would have to explain
Love satisfying my customer.
Pros
Had lunch with my customers
Cons
Had to work long hours on last day of month, no matter what day if fell on.
Good working environment.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gul CircleJune 21, 2016
- A fast moving pace at work to perform multi-tasking.
- Always having new projects that will help to increase knowledge and required/optional courses by the company's E-learning.
- Supportive management in having new projects and ideas.
- Co-workers are enjoyable and supportive team mates.
- the hardest part of the job which is also the most challenging was to product significant improvements in an already very high rating performance in the 6-Sigma.
- the most enjoyable part of the job was results of the multiple successful projects and the expansion of new equipment in the Plant.
Pros
Receiving recognision upon successful projects.
Cons
Required personal hours to meet project targets.
Drill baby Drill. When oil is good, your job is good
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2016
Drill baby Drill. When oil is good, your job is good. When the world was drilling the job was great. Took a hourly pay cut from the engineering firm I was working for but got overtime after 40+.
Pros
Cons
Big company
productive
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work was getting yourself together and work. There was always something to do.We had to make sure we were working in a safe environment. It wasn't to much talking because everybody was working hard to get the job done.
Excellent space
Sr. Technical Representative for Latin America (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2016
Good environment, a lot of good professionals, many things to be done and a lot of fun everyday, management are always ready to accomplish every task
a team that stays ready to lend a hand
Tester,Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2016
Cameron has great management as well as employees. I learned a lot about the oil industry in classes that we all had to take and hands on.
Pros
free lunchs, free x-mas gifts, free trips to frontier city, etc
Cons
short breaks, heatlh care increased in price every year, etc
Great experience, crazy amount of hours.
Field Service Tech/ Surface Sales Mgmt Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pearsall, TXMay 16, 2016
On-site installation, testing, troubleshooting and repairing: casing heads, tubing spools, frac valves, back pressure valves, two way checks, and other surface systems of oil and gas flow control equipment.

Provided technical support to customers and advised on repair, replacement options and costs of standard products. Served customers and the sales man on critical issues such as altering factory equipment to fit their specific application.

Through Cameron worked a three-month project for SM Energy gathering all schematics of production tree and tending to maintenance needs, including changing out wing valves or chokes.
Pros
Great learning experience.
Cons
No life outside of work.
Quality Inspector at Cameron (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMay 16, 2016
Production was very successful. Quality control was very strict, and me as an inspector, I was very strict as well. I learned about different types of welds and how to inspect them in different ways. Management was fairly okay. The hardest part of my job was shooting a laser tracker device to make accurate measurements on racks built to jack up oil rigs. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning how to use this machine to get my measurements.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 12, 2016
Management is great, pay and benefits are even better but at the end of the day it is still the oil field and if the market is down so is your job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great Company to work for.
Maintenance Welder (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMay 9, 2016
Great company to work for the only reason for not working there is they are closing in my area and moving out of the country. Would have worked with them until I had to retire but not available to me. Good work hours with overtime but not required to work to much. Had sick day pay and good vacation pay along with holiday pay.
Pros
Vacation pay, holiday pay, and 5days sick pay per year.
Cons
No real cons.