Cameron

Cameron Employer Reviews

Wonderful atmosphere to work in
Operator Specialist/Well Head/ Flow back (Current Employee), Minot, NDMarch 1, 2015
Pros: 2 breaks a day, ping pong table in break room
Cons: great government benifits
I miss working for this company. Great benefits, great co workers, but pay could be better. Turn over rate was very high. Poor night time management skills displayed.
The worst working environment i ever worked
Senior Production Operator (Current Employee), Berwick, LAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
Management is a joke. No home life for the people actually doing the work. Right now Cameron is just too big to fail right now. You better believe when they get some competition, they will get run right into the ground. Everybody there is just trying to get everything they can out of this place while very few actually care. Don't turn your back on anyone at this place.
Mid size company
Manager Operations for Group (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Co -workers are great and caring. Company is working on innovation to keep up with the Industry. Management is changing.
Employee backstabbing
QC Field Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management and people
Traveled internationally was great on many projects. Employee working on big project with on concept of team work, and backstabbing among employees was bad. Management wasn't very good.
good benefits with long hours
Senior Flowback Operator (Former Employee), Midland, TXFebruary 21, 2015
typically I worked 21 straight days with 3-7 days off at the end of the hitch. Tested wells and conduct samples and operation of well sites to ensure good working order. Posted results hourly and submit reports twice daily. Responsible for all personnel on site and activities being conducted.
Good place to work.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee), Moore, OKFebruary 16, 2015
Comparable wages, very clean and safety is number one. I guess the main issue I have is the lack of organization of the machine shop and tool crib area for a multimillion dollar company. Overall its really not a bad place to work.
Typical Corporation
Customer Service Coordinator III (Former Employee), Odessa, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: compensation, benefits, vacation
Cons: stressful
Very fast-paced workplace. Extremely stressful at times. Co-workers all went through the same experiences with management.
Good company with horrible management at my location.
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Colton, CAFebruary 15, 2015
I started with Cameron & Company as an intern. They placed me at Vencor Pharmacy in Colton, CA. I did not enjoy my time there. The amount of work expected with the small staff I was given was impossible.
Cameron is a fun and safe place to work
Safety Technician (Current Employee), Odessa, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: not a secured job if temporary
Cameron was a fund place to work but the stability of temporary employees were not safe guarded by the fall of the current oil prices caused employees to be layed off
Big company with a lot of room for advancement as well as great benefits.
Hydraulic mechanic and assembler (Former Employee), Berwick, LAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good pay, you can work at a reasonable pace.
Cons: long hours, no smoking or vaping.
12 hour day. Assembling BOPs with a team. Forklift and manlift operation. Rigging. Lots of time using a torque wrench. Some of the management worried about small things that didn't matter as far as assembling a BOP safely and fast.
Excellent
Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great owners
Cons: heat, and mean customers
Owner taught me a lot about the construction field. This was what I was most adapted to. I learned a lot about the business.
Great Company
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 7, 2015
Small business that is a great company to be apart of. Management is very customer oriented and provides good service and dedication.
Cameron
Tax Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Great company but no room for advancement. No sense of leadership or mentor ship here. I work with a great set of ladies that have helped me tremendously but we don't feel appreciated.
Productive place to work and awesome management.
Painter/Material Handler (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: rotating shifts
Place of employment was awesome! Got to learn just about anything I wanted to. Wages were excellent and the body of people we're awesome.
Excellent company with supportive management
Financial Reporting Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great corporate culture, progressive and supportive management
Cons: less than industry average pay/benefits
Cameron takes care of its people - helps progress and encourages advancement. Management recognizes hard word and pays it back with mentoring the subject matter experts towards their goals and objectives.

In my current role as a Financial reporting Manager, I focus on our plant estimate and budgets. I also work with our Operations team to keep our deliverables in check. Our accounting team is also involved in the month end closes and reporting of variances.

Extremely supporting folks at our plant - who help through any issues or concerns. They definitely make up the most enjoyable part of the job - along with work dynamics of non monotonous activities that keep things interesting. The most difficult part - yet also the most interesting - is the dependency on others to provide accurate and efficient information in order to do my job. I respect and appreciate the consideration by everyone.
Aggressive, progressive company with exceptional people to work with
Engineering Product Specialist (Current Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits and pay, opportunities to learn additional experience and career advancement
Cons: lack of consistency in leadership (constant changes in upper managment)
Typical day at work revolves around providing technical support to manufacturing and external suppliers as well as working with engineer personnel on old and new products.
Having worked in this environment I have had the benefit of learning a wide range on engineering skills ranging from the engineering, design, drafting, and manufacturing phases of product lifecycle and product development.
I work with a group of people who are always willing to share, assist and collaborate job knowledge in order to facilitate a more well rounded business component.
A changing upper management sometimes makes it a little uneasy to develop overall cohesiveness and consistency as a company.
The most enjoyable parts of the job are the opportunities to learn above and beyond my current position level and working with individuals who are easy to get along with and have a common goal.
Great job
Machinist Lead (Current Employee), brittmooreJanuary 29, 2015
2nd shift crew awesome crew to work with, management always keeping everyone aware of the company goals, enjoy working with my crew,
Good place to gain engineering experience.
Product/Project Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: opportunity to be involved in a lot of project and proposal activity.
Cons: complex work processes.
Good place to gain engineering experience in oil and gas equipment design and fabrication. Was able to be involved in a lot a projects involving oil and gas equipment. Was busy all of the time.
Great learning experince, was able to work on large projects for the estimating to the shipment
Lead Construction Manager/Construction Manager (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: working on projects that went all over the world. good benifits
Cons: lot of in-experinced people working in the business, not knowing much about fabrication.
A typical day would include reviewing estimates, project specifications, dealing with drawing issues, customer needs and quality issues.
I was able to get training in design of production equipment and how they operate.
I work with several experienced engineers that didn't mind explaining how, when and why certain things needed to be done.
Dealing with so many different people from all over the world was probably the hardest part of the job.
Learning something new everyday and accepting the more difficult and complex projects that no one has done before.
Great work environment
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), ColoradoJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits, decent pay.
Cons: decline in the oil markets. no demand for work.
Cameron is a great company to work for. They believe in their people and give them the necessary tools to succeed. The unfortunate swing in the oil market affects them some but still a great company to get into.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cameron

Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry – Read more