Cameron Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Great People, Good learning environment, Upward progression
Cons: Red tape, internal politics, abysmal HR.
Cameron has one of the best work/life balances I have ever heard of within the Oilfield services sector. From my perspective it also has the best work atmosphere around town. The people are very supportive and are easy to work alongside. I can confirm the claim that one could work at Cameron for the people alone.

The down side of all this is there is a metric ton of red tape and internal politics. Also you will have to fight tooth and nail for any sort of decent salary increase if you plan on looking within for a promotion. I believe this is driven mainly by HR not the managers as they tend to fight along side their employees against Cameron HR.
Great company to work for.
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
I learned a lot throughout my rotational program with Cameron that I feel I can apply anywhere.

What I have learned;

SAP
Purchasing/Materials
Operations
Project Planner using Primavera

Experience:
- the Joint Venture of Schlumberger and Cameron to create OneSubsea, and now the acquisition of Cameron by Schlumberger.

- Travel with work. I had been working for Cameron in Houston and post graduation from their rotational program I was relocated to Midland, TX.
Great Company
Purchasing/Planning (Current Employee), Odessa TXAugust 23, 2015
I have worked with this company for over 9 years. If you put your hard work towards them they will notice. They will help in letting you move up. Your work speaks for itself. When I first began I was working long hours usually form 6am - 7pm. That is when I was a mechanic. the job was very demanding at the time. As time went on I now work in the office my hours are now 8am - 5pm.

Cameron has many different divisions and many locations expanding from the U.S. Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, France and many more. You do have the option to transfer to a different location with management approval of course.

My co workers are family. They are a great team. Everyone helps each other out. Their is no hatred in the office everyone gets along with everyone. One time out of the year we do a team building event which is great fun. We usually go bowling or go to someones home and Cameron will pay for the food and we will BBQ and have drinks.

The hardest part of this job is the multitasking and the customer urgencies. In this field of work the customer is always on a need it right now basis. If someone was to not do their part and the customer did not get his product in time. It becomes a big ordeal. This at times causes stress.

The most enjoyable part is team that I work with and the benefits. The benefits are great. The insurance is great as well. Pay as I said before depends on the work effort you put towards the company. Trust me that everyone is watching your work ethic. Mine personally paid off.
Interesting job and very good training
Mechanical Senior Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Excellent insurance and benefits. good relations with different departments.
Cons: Lower pay than expected.
The position was originally contract and my contract was bought out immediately. They sent me to training in Inventor and Routing at the companies expense. The job was interesting and I had various responsibilities with design of new products and converting older drawings to 3D.
Good working atmosphere
Network Analyst II (Former Employee), Houston TxAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours-worked from 9-6 due to traffic
Cons: some work performed on weekends
Start the day by walking the floor looking for anything out of place and returning, and/or needing fixing. Most of the day was sitting at the desk repairing individuals laptops for those that would bring them up to the desk, or going to get them if they emailed or called for support. There were times where phone support was needed and given.
Very clean, safe, and productive work place
QC Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2015
I learned a lot of inspection techniques while working here. Very good company. Very much a corporate company and not a mom and pop at all.
Things I have mastered...
Valve Technician (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAJuly 28, 2015
I have added the experience of assembly and blue print graphics to my list of career skills. I have mastered the assembling, packaging and testing of wellhead equipment.
NA
ACCOUNTANT ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 19, 2015
A typical day at work is going in work on aged spreed sheets. Post 100 or more invoices a day. Cameron is a very diverse company.
Excellent Employee Engagement
Lead-Machinist/ Machine Shop Supervisor (Current Employee), Millbury, MAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Engaged, caring management, benefits, opportunities
Cons: a little too dependent on a strong oil market
Great company, everyone from the top down share a vision and culture. Feels like a big family. Very Safety conscious. High focus on Employee engagement.
Avoid if you value your sanity
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Minot, NDJuly 17, 2015
Pros: 401k match
Cons: Disorganized. Treat you like scum. They honestly DO NOT care about employees
I signed a retention bonus saying I would stay in North Dakota working for them in return getting a $25,000 bonus. Ironically 1 month before my bonus was due they pulled it (right after they hired 6 new employees!)

Aside from that its a jerk environment. The DM gives speeches every week just to tell everyone they are lucky to have a job. I've never worked in a place that was so deflating, rude, and disorganized. I can't believe I almost made it 2 years.

Since I quit, management told everyone I was fired spreading rumors (really lol I didn't know that until recently... how low).

In the last 2 months nearly 10 quality employees left (with degrees and who knew what they were doing) simply because Cameron doesn't care about its employees. What a waste of a life working there.
Challenging and adventures but would not have missed it for the world!
Controls Support Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2015
I was lucky to travel the world and faced different challenges. I meet and have work with some of the finest people there are in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Reproductive and fun
SAP MM/PP/QM Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 16, 2015
It has been a good time at work with all my team mates.There use to be a job satisfaction with my company and colleagues.The most enjoyable time at my work place is during break.
Assembler - The job title should be Disassembler
Assembler- valves (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 33rd StJuly 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, low pay, dirty, hard work and health dangers
Long hours,12hr days, Very hard physical labor. 25% of your time will be assembly! the other 75% will be very hard and dirty disassembly of gate valves and sand blasting in sand blast room in the heat. Gate valves assemble very fast. It's the disassembly/ sandblast that takes a long time. Extremely greasy, dirty, oily. You will destroy your own work clothes. No raises. Many tools and equipment are broken and wore out.

The worst part of the job is that there are many health hazards to be aware of because the exposers are Very high. Paint fumes, Alum oxide dust (sand blaster), glass bead dust, paint thinner fumes, toxic soap vapors.

Long hours, low pay, dirty, hard work and health dangers. Not worth the pay.
great job for more of a single lifestyle
Production Operator III (Former Employee), wichita falls, txJuly 9, 2015
WCSD was a great place to work. I enjoyed the upbeat atmosphere and dealing with the public. only left due to family issues. if not for that I would have stayed. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for work in this field.
Great Place to Work!
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 6, 2015
Management was great! Treated employees like family, but to professional extent. Very easy to work for and very flexible with staff.
Great place to work and learn the Oil & Gas industry
Market Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Constant on the job training
I worked for Cameron for almost two and half years where I have grown to love the Valve industry for Oil & Gas operation. Cameron has provided me the ability for uncapped learning potential with room for advancement based on proficiency and work ethic. I would not have left this position had my family and I not been relocating back to our home town in Louisiana.
Good brand company but on downhill
Principal Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: uncertainty of upper management behaviour.
Managerial Politics.

Worked hard day & night to develop overseas department but it did not help to secure my job.

It backfire me to lose my job.
fast pace work environment
Lead Quality Control NDT Level II Inspector (Former Employee), Mansfield, PaJune 21, 2015
Working on heavy equipment, learn a lot as you keep progressing in that company and everybody is like family. Fast pace work environment and you can go and travel to other states and get a lot of training done.
Serious workplace but without the tension.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Lack of
A typical day at work was at the computer organizing files and reviewing technical write-ups. Constant working was encouraged but not enforced. Friendly conversations were easy to come by.
Busy work, no personal time.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 6, 2015
On call 24/7. Work a lot of hours and do no get much free time. Employees in Colorado were not the friendliest. No days off when you first start. After about three months I moved to the 10 days on, 3 off schedule.
Headquarters