Cameron

Cameron Employee Reviews

Great place to work and good benefits.
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee), Magnolia, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: great place, good benefits.
Cons: None to mention.
This was a great place to work. They were in good balance with quantity and quality. I left there when the Magnolia shop closed and I was transferred to Houston, because the hours were being cut and I didn't know at the time that the market was declining for welders. I would have never left had I known that, and now the ones working there are at risk of layoffs.
Basically on call 24 hours.
Flowback Operator (Former Employee), Pearsall, TXMay 23, 2015
Either work at the shop, or get called out on a job. Travel a lot, sometimes out for a month at a time. Benefits, and pay is good.
Behind on the times
Mold Maker (Current Employee), Katy, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Union environment
I believe its a good company it just needs people more suited for leadership positions instead of people who know the right people.
Materials Assistant / Inside Sales / Buyer
Materials Assistant /Inside Sales/Buyer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2015
I enjoyed my employment at Cameron Corporation. I worked with a great team of employees and management. I left because was made an offer I could not refuse.
Great company to work for with wonderful co-workers
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Millbury, MAMay 8, 2015
I like working at Cameron. I have learned a lot in my time at Cameron and really enjoy the people I work with. The management at Cameron are great people and it's very nice working with them.
Great people
Welder (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMay 5, 2015
This company treated me well and the people they hired were great to work with. The shifts and hours were desirable to give me time at home with my family and the overtime was great when avaliable.
productive•
Dimensional QC Inspector / SAP QM LOTS (Current Employee), Odessa, TXApril 30, 2015
• Recommended repair as needed with good repair plan on all valves.
• Proficient and detailed in inspection reports writing and report non-conforming parts/material..
• Utilized Microsoft access for equipment logging and tracking.
• Provide management with update on personnel qualification pertaining to API.
• Capable of climbing, working at high elevations and working in confined spaces
• Compiling of work assignments for external QA/QC service providers and ensuring completeness and accuracy of documentation and reports.
• Following up on progress with QA/QC activities and compiling feedback on quality trends and other predefined metrics.
• Improved the documentation of QA testing practices to enhance their repeatability, saving time and money and encouraging testing standardization and best practices
• Detecting, classifying, and reporting bugs through Defect Tracking System.
• Active interaction with team members, team lead and developers in review meetings to evaluate the progress and performance of the application.
• Grouped Manual test cases in sets and scheduled them for execution using Quality center.
• Involved in weekly status meetings.
• Reported and tracked bugs using Quality Center.
• Involved in creation of RTM, defect reports.
• Actively participated in bug meetings with QA team and developers to discuss and resolve outstanding defects.
Productive and ever changing
Flow Back Operator (Current Employee), OdessaApril 23, 2015
Pros: Traveling
Cons: no insurance and unsteady work
Heavy manual labor some days ending with a detailed report to supervisors. Some days are just learning experiences where seasoned employees have the time to educate newer workers like myself on stages and processes in the Oilfield Industry.

I have learned that in the oil industry, it can be enriching with teamwork and communication. Along with very high safety procedures.

The hardest part of the job is the time and distance from my family, ranging anywhere from 7 days to 3 weeks and hundreds of miles away. It turned out to be too taxing on a young father like myself, missing special moments or emergencies due to distance.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience and sense of safety that I've gathered for this past year.
Talented engergetic work force, rely too much on old ways of doing business, leadership lacks innovation, creativity, strategic thinking
Sr. Program Manager, PMO (Former Employee), HoustonApril 15, 2015
Cameron's executive leadership practices old school, don't rock the boat mentality. While they espouse creativity, innovation, collaboration, and integrity, they don't practice it and resist those who do.
productive
QC/QA Inspector (Current Employee), Vicksburg msApril 15, 2015
Pros: boot allowance
Cons: Oil Prices
this job is based off of oil prices, so if they are not in a resonable range, than you loose contracts. But overal the job is fun and diferent from day to day.
Cameron is a data driven organization in the upstream Oil and Gas Service Industry
HSE Specialist (Current Employee), Brookshire, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Positive impacts on fellow employees work experience.
Cons: Too few hours in the day.
Cameron is challenging and rewarding in turns. The average days consist of more than you think possible to accomplish.
Great company, could be better
Safety Management Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 12, 2015
Upper management is slow to react and when they do, they tend to over react to outside influences.Pay and benefits are excellent but work/life balance needs improving.
It is what you make of it
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Minot, NDApril 10, 2015
Pros: Excellent stepping stone
Cons: n/a
Excellent stepping stone. Take advantage of the experience (good or bad)
I learned a lot
Managed myself
Helped my co-workers with as much support as I could give
The most enjoyable part was where I ended up because of my hard work and dedication
Long wordays, and weekends
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Vicksburg MsMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: No good leadership
Great pay, no team work, long work weeks. No life outside of job. Very hot conditions inside plant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Global Trade Show Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
Great place to work. Great organizational culture and values. Great people to work with to achive results as a company.
Great company to work for
Customer Technical Sales Representative- SMTP (Current Employee), Pearsall, TXMarch 14, 2015
Pros: company vehicle and credit card
Cons: long hours and always on call.
Typical day at work is calling our clients and attending drilling rig updates and getting statuses of upcoming projects and equipment needs. Making sure our service to them is satisfactory and being completed on time to their schedules. I've learned to work with all different kinds of people from different ethnic backgrounds and upbringings. Also, have learned how to manage people in a way to generate the most productivity out of their working time. Hardest part of the job is a balance between life and work. But, once you find that groove then everything is pretty easy. All boils down to time management and prioritizing. Most enjoyable part of the job is not every day is the same. You will run into different obstacles each day and you have to find new and effective ways to overcome them regardless of the situation at hand.
Productive and Challenging workplace
Product Design Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2015
Wild Well Control is a productive and challenging workplace with excellent benefits and friendly working environment
Great employees
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee), Williston, NDMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: poor poor management
The company as a whole is ok the attmoshpere is great there are very good people working for the company but the managaement sucks and that ruins everything
Long Hours, Medium Level Pay, Great Immediate Supervisor
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 2, 2015
This was a family business that was truly beneficial for those who were apart of the family. All others were simply staff.
Wonderful atmosphere to work in
Operator Specialist/Well Head/ Flow back (Current Employee), Minot, NDMarch 1, 2015
Pros: 2 breaks a day, ping pong table in break room
Cons: great government benifits
I miss working for this company. Great benefits, great co workers, but pay could be better. Turn over rate was very high. Poor night time management skills displayed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cameron

Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry – Read more

Cameron Salaries