Cammisa + Wipf Consulting Engineers has been a recognized leader in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and lighting engineering for building construction in the Bay Area since 1958. We specialize in complex healthcare, research, educational, civic, and infrastructure projects for institutional, corporate, government, and developer clients.
We are seeking a highly qualified, hands-on mechanical engineer or senior mechanical designer with proven abilities in the design of building and campus mechanical systems. This is an opportunity for an experienced engineer to join an innovative, established firm. Responsibilities include in-house design and collaboration, construction administration, and field observations of construction work for compliance with the design. Additionally, the ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Possess a passion for creative design solutions
- Be detail oriented
- Have a thorough working knowledge of energy issues, renewable energy strategies, and modeling/auditing programs
- Have a thorough understanding and interest in sustainability issues and practices
- Demonstrate an appreciation of related architectural, structural, mechanical, and acoustical issues
- Be able to effectively collaborate with owners, construction managers, contractors, and code officials
- BSME, California Registration, and LEED Accreditation
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the HVAC industry with recent and relevant healthcare design experience, and with evidence of involvement in concept design through construction administration and commissioning of systems
- In depth understanding of California Mechanical Code requirements, Title 24 requirements, and LEED credit documentation
- Familiarity with AutoCAD 2010 and/or Revit
- Multidisciplinary coordination experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Applicant must be growth-oriented and will be expected to develop leadership skills and client relationships
About the Firm
Cammisa + Wipf’s goals are to deliver high quality engineering services, foster close professional relationships, and be at the forefront of the ever-changing technology that is transforming the design and construction industry. Cammisa + Wipf is recognized for detailed construction documents and active partnering with owners and contractors to ensure quality installations that are delivered on time and on budget.
Cammisa + Wipf is committed to personal mentoring of young engineers. We maintain a high ratio of principals-to-staff, so that principals can provide continual guidance and leadership. Engineers and designers are assigned to projects from inception through final occupancy and are trained in every aspect of the consulting practice. We offer a wide variety of projects providing great potential for professional growth. We offer a strong compensation and benefit package.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Founded in 1958, Cammisa + Wipf Consulting Engineers provide MEP engineering services for institutional, commercial and industrial...