Camp Fire Alaska Employee Reviews

Incredibly Valuable Service to the Community
Site Director, Abbott Loop Elementary (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 8, 2016
One of the toughest and most rewarding jobs I've had. Everyday offered a new challenge and a new opportunity to succeed. Days were long and schedule could be a bit crazy. The worst part is the schedule and driving. You work 7 hours a day, but a really busy for 9.
Pros
Health Care as Site Director, Rewarding
Cons
Schedule
Great for those wanting more from life
Senior Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 14, 2016
It was my first time in Alaska and I have to say this place does not disappoint. If you have a want to know more of Native cultures or to see another state this job will give you that. You will learn a lot about the cultures and yourself as well. The work days fly by when you get the hang of things and management sets everything up for you to go out and succeed with the task at hand. Overall just get out and do it, this will push boundaries and give you growth throughout your life.
Camp Fire Ak
Child Development Leader & Site Director (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 9, 2015
I've already previously reviewed my experience with camp fire ak
It was absolutely great. I loved working with all the new face, the children were awesome, and the parents are cool. I loved the fact I met so many diverse children and got to be a part of their lives on an everyday basis
Requires Flexibility, long hours and hard work, rewarding
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 28, 2013
A typical day as a camp counselor for the Camp K program involved supervising the campers and taking the campers from activity to activity. Some of the co-workers were truly amazing people and made the experience rewarding. Others were not the most professional people and sometimes made the job more stressful. This job requires huge amounts of flexibility and patience. Plans often changed last minute or with no notice at all. The most enjoyable part of this job was having moments with children that show you are truly making a difference! The biggest things I learned from this job were how to be flexible and creative, and how to improve my work ethic by having a good attitude under hard circumstances.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camp Fire Alaska. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2