Camp Fire Minnesota provides coeducational programs for youth throughout the Twin Cities. Camp Fire works in collaboration with other community-based groups to offer enrichment programs for youth when and where they need them, and is inclusive and welcoming to all children, youth, and adults. Camp Fire provides young people with the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are. In Camp Fire, it begins now.
We are currently seeking Somali speaking club leaders to plan and lead group activities for youth clubs (ages 5-12 years old) in Minneapolis in housing complexes. Club Leaders will work with a consistent group of youth throughout the year. This is a part-time position.
- Lead age-appropriate after-school activities based on Camp Fire Minnesota curriculum.
- Foster a positive group dynamic with a small group of children.
- Prepare and implement a behavior management plan for clubs.
- Complete administrative responsibilities: track and report daily attendance, administer and submit youth evaluations, complete and submit meeting plans, submit youth stories, etc.
- Participate in field trips and special events as needed.
- Perform family outreach and communicate with parents through newsletters, flyers, phone calls, etc.
- Attend trainings. Monthly trainings are held a Tuesday of each month from 6:30-8:30pm.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Second language ability, particularly in Somali
- Experience working in education, youth development, human services or social services
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of youth.
- Flexible and able to adjust to last-minute program changes as needed.
- Positive attitude a must!
- Strong organizational skills.
- Have a reliable method for on-going communication with supervisor (phone or email)
- Available to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to site location.
- Able to commit to working with a consistent group of youth from September through May.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Paid prep time for staff responsible for planning activities.
- Hourly wage of $10.00 - $11.00 depending on experience.
- Monthly training on youth development, behavior management, and curricula.
Camp Fire Minnesota provides coeducational programs for youth throughout the Twin Cities. Camp Fire works in collaboration with other...