CAMP MICAH Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
So much fun
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOFebruary 26, 2017
It was so much fun working for them. It was also so much fun working with so many different kids. I had so much fun every year and would do it all over again.
Great Camp to work at
Head of Video/Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bridgton, MEDecember 1, 2016
I never worked at a camp before and was met with open arms. There are always activities to do and the environment is very quick paced. All the other counselors were a blast to work with.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long days
Great Place to Work
Head Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bridgton, MEOctober 1, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed every second! It is made up of a wonderful group of people with a great work ethic. Children, Staff, and Families think fondly of their time there.
Feels like home away from home.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bridgton, MEAugust 30, 2012
Working at a summer camp is not an easy job. You are constantly caring for kids whether in the health center, bunks, dining hall, or around camp. However, Camp Micah has found a great balance of work and play. Staff is given three nights and one day off each week. Whether you are Jewish or not, Shabbat services are a great way to explore a new culture. Nice facilities. Good pay. If you're looking for a nice summer in Maine, I suggest Camp Micah!
Pros
room and board free.
Cons
24/7 job when working.
most rewarding experience
Theatre Specialist, Theatre Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bridgton, MEAugust 5, 2012
Camp Micah is my favorite place in the world, and I would be there right now if I could. It's a Jewish summer camp in Maine that was founded in 2001. The staff is like a family- yes it can be dysfunctional but it is a safe, accepting and wonderful at the same time. It can be grueling, frustrating, and exhausting, but worth it. I met my fiance there, as well as people who will be lifelong friends. If you want to work with kids, work at Camp Micah. If you've got color war spirit, work at Camp Micah. If you're looking for your soulmate, work at Camp Micah. If you like batman, work at Camp Micah
Pros
amazing people, rewarding experiences, fun fun fun
Cons
homesick children, no privacy, long hours