Campaign Employee Reviews

great job with great benefits
Lloyd Franklin Alderman Ward (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARApril 28, 2017
This job helped me greatly in the area of persuasion. This is a skill that can help me in terms of selling a product. We would go door to door and try to get supporters.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
It involved a lot of walking
Fast-paced and very professional setting
Executive Assistant and Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working on a local political campaign was interacting with people of all backgrounds on a daily basis. I worked and traveled throughout San Diego County, talking to San Diegans to learn what issues they cared most about in the City of San Diego. I would recommend every aspiring business person to work on a campaign to experience government on a local scale.
Pros
Inspiring, working for a bigger cause, challenging, ability to form professional relationship
Cons
Not much time off, temporary employment
Loved it
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYFebruary 21, 2017
It was fun working here i just wish it lasted longer than it did. I would love to work here next time a campaign is going on. I would answer phones , ask questions and answer questions that people came in having.
Creative but difficult to develop professionally
Junior Producer - Freelancer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2016
Great place to socialize and meet people, difficult to progress.

Middle managment cares more about controlling projects and less about ensuring new producers learn.
BLH Media Inc.
Chief Marketing Officer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 18, 2016
I get together with my partner a couple times a week to discuss goals, objectives and progress. One week could be getting the the work done for already established clients, another week could be sales visits and calls. I create the web content for clients, listening to their wants and needs and I stay in touch. If I'm unsure, I ask the client to ensure my work is done how they want. My position is currently remote but I go wherever my co-workers or clients need me. Through this company I learned that everybody has individual needs, wants and demands. I learned that establishing a friendship with your clients is most important, because it leads to trust. I learned how to fully master creating websites, promotions via Facebook and even how to consolidate target markets specific to a business's niche.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
No healthcare
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2016
Great company to work for. Would recommend to anyone. reat benefits - free HMO, on site fitness classes and paid yoga classes. Free in office snacks and drinks, breakfast catered each Friday.
productive
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 28, 2016
working at lord & taylor was a good experience and also my first job. the work environment was good but the pay and hours wasn't!
Pros
Cons
low pay and short hours
Working in a political campaign is like working with actors.
Campaign Intern (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 13, 2016
A typical day working at the campaign was like working with most theater people. Like actors, candidates are folks who, if you aren't talking about them, they aren't listening!
Pros
I got to observe some great acting.
Cons
Campaigning is a series of neurotic impulses. The fantasy of being all things to all people thrives
fun
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 5, 2015
Volunteers can make valuable connections with hiring managers, top executives and future coworkers. In addition to making these connections, volunteers can use their volunteer service as a way to showcase their skills and leave a lasting impression on future hiring managers. Networking is a two-way street, though, as volunteers who establish a pattern of tardiness or sub-standard work may reduce their chances of gaining a paid position.
Pros
Volunteers can use their service to fill in gaps on a professional resume, either to begin a career or to maintain relevance during periods of unemployment.
Cons
Volunteers typically do not receive traditional compensation for their services, but some may receive tips, discounts or other benefits
learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2015
this is a wonderful place to start you basic taxation training. You will help less fortunate people and learn as well. sometimes you may have clients that are not the nicest but you learn to deal with all types of people
Campaigns require constant personnel adjustment
TN State Rep., District 61 Campaign Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 22, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working as the treasurer on this campaign. I successfully completed the complex duties of campaign treasurer, however, in many cases I was also charged with the duties of the operations manager due to my proven leadership abilities.
Maintaining the campaign’s contributions and disbursements, reconciling the bank accounts and financial disclosure reports (utilized for record-keeping with the state) were all tasks that I learned on the job. Also, I recorded loans, in-kind and personal contributions and accrued expenses; provided financial updates to the committees as needed and ensured all financial transactions were reported to the Tennessee State Elections Office.
The hardest part of this job was motivating volunteers to give up their weekends or nights to door knock. I drove 2.5 hours round trip, four days a week, for eight months in order to lead from the front. This display of commitment encouraged others to volunteer their time to pass out literature and/or door-knock.
Pros
Meeting people, learning to work outside my 10 year career field
Cons
volunteers are unpredictable
Internship at SJSU
Art Director (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 5, 2014
A great experience that provides you hands on experience of how a campaign is developed.
Pros
work on real accounts
Greatest experience ever
Founder and Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJune 3, 2014
GReat group of people to work with. They were great at what they worked on individually
Very easy going work place
Certified Educator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 10, 2014
This place has excellent management, and delivers a positive message in every project they pursue. They are really involved with the community, and everything they do is to better it.
A incredible 6 moths of non stop excitment and engery, that leads up to a 1 day election.
Manager and Political Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hilton, NYMarch 4, 2014
The great thing about being a campaign manager is each day is new and different, so the ability to think on your feet, adjust your day on a moments notice is a crucial skill to have. Planning an event, a public appearance or fundraiser takes great attention to detail, planning and leadership in working with volunteers and staff to have them be successful. I take great pride that there have been 3 successful 4 year terms won by Hon. Michael Sciortino and enjoy every day we work together.
Pros
Great energy and excitement that I will enjoy doing everyday
Cons
It's a position that is every 4 years
Fun and learnable from the STAFFING compnay and the TAX site
Volunteer income tax assistance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2014
I learned a lot from the ACCU STAFFING company and volunteer income tax site. Such as I learned how to face the consumers and depends what they need and find out the best solution to each of them. During the ACCU STAFFING service period, I helped each of my consumer to find the correct job and put them into the correct position. Because most of my consumers they need a job and look for the job to fit them well. And my manager is nice, even though sometime she will get mad but I know she wants me to get the job done perfectly, We got three other co-worker in the office and they all nice to me and teach me when I first summer to work at that office. That is why I have chance to work there on the second summer time period, I feel so lucky because I can work with them. And on the volunteer income tax site, I help each of my consumer to get the right tax return as much as I can. Because most of our consumers are low income and they need our help to get the tax refund from the federal and state, So I am really happy to help them out, eventhough I am the volunteer only. And the manager in the volunteer site is really nice, she helps me to do the quality review at the end and she teach me a lot when I get the problems cann't be solve. I feel really happy to have chance to work with them and those two jobs were the good chance to let me face the different consumers.
A good/fulfilling expereince
single staff (Former Employee) –  Exeter, CAFebruary 20, 2014
I worked tirelessly to garner votes for the Exeter City Council race and ultimately came up short. However in a three candidate race against two incumbents for two seats, I was able to earned just under 23% of the vote.
Pros
Met a lot of different people and had the opportunity to help serve my home town of Exeter.
Cons
I ultimately lost the election.
Tax preparer
Accounting Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2014
I really like this job because it helps me to learn new things everyday and enhance my knowledge. The working environment is quiet and comfortable which I would really appreciate.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short brakes
Poor management
Customer Service Personnel- called local residents (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYFebruary 3, 2014
While I was working for the campaign center, it was a bad experience because of the management. There were no benefits offered to employees and if you didn't raise money for charity that was only receiving 15% of the profits you would not receive pay.
Pros
Cons
No health care non competitive salary
Great Political Experience
A Polk County Co-Chair and Delegate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 18, 2014
This offers a flexible way to be a part of the political process.
Pros
flexible