Campbell Soup Company Employee Reviews

Good place for young parents and single people looking to get established
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHJuly 15, 2017
The money is good and depending on what department you work in, will dictate your workplace culture. Lots of forced overtime. Benefits are good. The warehouse is very high stress with the advent of computer tracking on the fork lifts. Quota's are necessary to keep your job. I learned some very valuable people and job skills.
Pros
Good Benefits - Good Pay
Cons
12 hour days- 7 days a week has been the standard.
Corporate Issues
Research and Development Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 13, 2017
As with many large companies, it is true of Campbell Soup that it is easy to get lost in the shuffle. They have all these programs and initiatives but it always felt like they were for show and not reality. I found it difficult to fit in there. All top level employees talked in the buzz words of the day and associates that were mid-level like me understood less than half of what was being said. Wasn't for me.
Security Officer,Mail room,Courier
Security officer, mail clerk, and courier (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 10, 2017
1. Loading up my van for my mail routes. 2. I have learned in different outlets how the products were tested. 3.Great management team. 4. There were many kinds of departments at the W.H.Q's. 5.
Taking cases of copy paper up many flites of stairs, and the elevator has not been running in years. 6.Bonus, Christmas parties, benefits, etc.
Pros
Transporting VIPS and family members, and recieving bonus, and awards.
Cons
They took out 5% of your bonus.
Don't eat or ever work for Cambell Soup!!!
Machinery operator for meat cutting and grinding (Former Employee) –  Maxton, NCJuly 5, 2017
I was in a argument with the franchise owner. I stopped the production because the meat that was schedule to enter the machines were molded. He tried to push it through and I refused it up. I was not going to allow spoiled and molded meat to be in the soup. He later terminated me for production loss.
Pros
My co workers
Cons
No days off
great workplace
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Maxton, NCJune 22, 2017
great workplace.  Analytical thinking, planning.
 Strong verbal and personal communication skills.
 Accuracy and Attention to details.
 Organization and prioritization skills.
 Problem analysis, use of judgment and ability to solve problems efficiently.
 Self-motivated, initiative, high level of energy.
 Verbal communication skills.
 Decision making, critical thinking, organizing and planning.
 Tolerant and flexible to different situations.
 Leadership communication skills
 Business leadership skills
 Technical and technological skills
 Organizational skills
Productive company
Machine Operator/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2017
This was one of the best paying job and I learned a lot from this company. It was very hot working around all the cookers and soup being cooked. I hated to see them go.
Flexible schedule, competitive and challenging work
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2017
Enjoyable workplace with talented employees that are all passionate about the job they do. Benefits are great. Learned a lot of sales data after coming into the position with little to no experience. Willing to train.
Solid Company. Not as Progressive as They Think.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 14, 2017
Great benefits but pay is average (they say they "overpay" for performance aka. bonus). Great work-life balance. Trying to be a progressive culture but not there yet. Stable place to work but won't be the most exciting job you've had.
Soup company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJune 13, 2017
This was a great job I wish I never left got 40 hours a week plus benefits. They had their own store in the front so that you can purchase their products at a cheaper price. The hard-working that I did at this company allowed me to move up and experienced many different jobs in the side of the company I was working. I had the opportunity to make the noodles for chicken noodle soup I have the opportunity to work every slurry in the building I had the opportunity to drive forklifts for many years I like this company but I just had to move away from the area that it was in
Pros
Learn how to do new jobs
Cons
Long lunches
A company trying to redefine itself in the new marketplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Campbell's. The company treated me very well, but benefits I took for granted as an older worker were getting skimpier for newer employees. If you were ambitious and willing to work hard you can advance, but you have to make the opportunities yourself. Some Managers less likely to advance a good employee so as not to lose them from the department; short-sighted thinking.

Overall good people, but management is unstable; constantly changing goals as the company comes to grips with changing consumer tastes and attempts to appeal to health-conscious consumers.
Pros
eager to incoroporate new tech/social media to relate/communicate to consumers
Cons
A company not sure what it wants to be, so constantly reorganizing
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Maxton, NCJune 7, 2017
Great place to work, great people. Training is as long as its needed to do your job to the best of abilities. Great trainers. Fair treatment of employees. Has excellent 401k plans and family leave if needed. Pay and job advancement are great.
Pros
Onsite medical, fair breaks, cafeteria
Cons
Expensive insurance
Fun Environment and great company culture!
R&D Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 5, 2017
It is a great company to work for! As an intern they treated us very well! We were able to travel and visit different manufacturing facilities. The company also provides a great culture by creating a relaxed environment with multiple events a week, free soup Fridays, and different interest groups within the company.
Poor environment to work in
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMay 23, 2017
Management doesn't know what they're doing and they're always trying to expect more from you (after the new employee's sometimes put 72 hours in). They make you leave feeling satisfied, that's for sure.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Say goodbye to your life at home
Fun and safe work place
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 5, 2017
I had two opportunities to work for Campbell Soup, its really too bad that they moved the plant, I guess its just too expensive to employee people in California, Sad that good jobs are leaving.
Management lies to everyonr
Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMay 5, 2017
Great money if you are willing to work 80 hours a week.
Hr department is filled with liars and so are most team leads.
harassment happens daily. That's not good
Pros
Money
Cons
Liars and back stabbers
Great place to work in the 90's
Thermal Process Development Scientist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 4, 2017
Fun place to work, had many opportunities to move throughout the technical organization and expand my skills. Cannot assess current culture, typical day, or management team.
Campbell Soup is a great family oriented company
Manager of North America Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 1, 2017
Campbell Soup is a great company to work for. They are extremely flexible relating to your hours worked. I would highly recommend Campbell's. Management cares about the employees.
Campbells soup is a great place to work.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHApril 29, 2017
Campbells soup is a great place to work. I learned many things and maximized a lot of sklls. The management is very kind and outgoing. The management is very kind and outgoing. The workplace culture is fun.
Pros
Learned a lot of important skills. Good union
Good job for the money
Operator (Current Employee) –  Maxton, NCApril 11, 2017
Not a bad place to work for the money. only major dis-advantage is Campbells Hr department in very unorganized and not very supportive or their employees especially if you work in the container department. Which gets treated like campbells step children in my opinion Im sure a lot would agree.
Temporary workers can't make it
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Maxton, NCApril 3, 2017
I worked at Campbell Soup through Two-Hawk temporary services. Even the weeks I worked seven days, once the taxes and their cut was taken out, my check was pitiful. The only way you make good money out there is if you're permanent through the company. The only way to become permanent without working years and years seem to be only if you know someone that know someone.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Temp workers won't make it unless they're a single member family unless they want to struggle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campbell Soup Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval