Campbell Soup Company

Campbell Soup Company Employee Reviews

Big corporation that values profit margin most of all.
Manager Wastewater & Water Treatment (Current Employee), Napoleon, OHMay 16, 2015
A facility that prioritizes production alone. Funding for capital improvements is limited based on proof of needs and distribution to production options.
Good People
Palletize Operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Very hot
I was a palatalizer operator for 7 years. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was machine jams.
Enjoyable place to work.
Group Leader-Supervisor (Prego Sauce Plant) (Current Employee), Paris, TXMarch 24, 2015
Cons: Working a lot of weekends
Overall good sound place to work. Very productive work environment with talented resources that work towards the WIN STRATEGY to achieve its goals.
Poor management
Analyst (Current Employee), Camden, NJMarch 16, 2015
Overall pay is competitive.

Ability for advancement and pay grade is how visible you are, rather than the quality of your work.

Growth and development is highly dependent on which manager you have. I had a terrible experience, unfortunately.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Camden, NJMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free soup fridays
Cons: majority of it workers are contractors
Well diverse company to work for.
Friendly enviroment
very eco friendly company
Co worker are friendly they reall make contractors feel like family like the belong.
Professional with good compensation
Assistant Coordinator/Coordinator (Former Employee), Napoleon, OHFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: responsive management, respectable compensation
Cons: lay offs
Very professional and responsive management, and respectable compensation. If you exercise hard work it does not go unnoticed. Extensive layoffs were my key concern with staying. It can be a very long time before you are immune to the layoffs.
Great first real job out of College
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: good pay and a company car
Cons: travelling 5 days week
Selling Swanson Frozen Foods, a Division of Campbell Soup Company to local NC Grocery Store Chains

I learned how to manage my time.

The hardest part of my job was being on the road 5 days a week.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and selling the product to the Distribution Centers.
A stable and profitable place to work
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 25, 2014
While the plant was open I was able to provide a stable and comfortable life for my family.
i liked the hours, worked night shift
Cook/Sanitation (Former Employee), omaha this plant was closed downDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great people to work with making night go faster
Cons: worked with frozen product when it should have been thawed out
finished production runs, cleaned &sanitized equipment, great people to work with
An establishment where even your parents may have been employed back in the day.
Accounts Payable Specialist Power User/Team Leader (Former Employee), Camden, NJDecember 18, 2014
Campbell Soup Company used to be a place where you knew you would learn, grow, even have some fun time and maybe even retire from. Their moto was "People Valuing People". After a while, jobs started disappearing to other countries. Jobs were being downsized and people being laid-off only to have some new hires for the same job just slightly reconfigured. People Valuing People was a thing of the past. Even the fun events to show the company's appreciation to its employees stopped.

I really enjoyed the people I worked with and those I connected with. Even the vendors were a pleasure to deal with. I did learn a lot from Campbell's: typical bill paying, advertising, marketing, food service and some sales. The hardest part of my job was knowing that it would all come to an end and good people would no longer be employed including myself.
One of the best places I've ever worked.
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee), Camden, NJDecember 12, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: i was a contractor who's assignment ended.
I worked as a contractor. Treated the same, if not better, than the "regular" employees. Great atmosphere to work in. Great people.
Good Place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Paris, TXNovember 19, 2014
Productive and about business. Management definitely has its favorites.
Typical Day
Intern / Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Napoleon, OHSeptember 25, 2014
Check crewing, use S.A.P., lotus notes , wms. Daily jobs included watching over employees , Crewing, Submitt payroll S.A.P.
A Great Company
TEAM LEADER - SHIPPING (Former Employee), Sacramento,Ca.September 8, 2014
I enjoyed working for Campbell Soup, I learned a lot and made many friends. If the plant reopened I would go back to work of if I moved closer to one of the other plants in the USA , I would seek employment. I started as an Checker Assembler, an Coordinator and an Team Leader. We had a very good Management Team thru out the plant. I enjoyed learning new things that would increase my knowledge for the position that I held. I was always happy to go to work.
Loved the people and the jobs
HR Assistant/ QC/ Forklift Driver/ Lineworker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: salary
Good company to work for, loved the time I was there. One job you just did not mind going work too.
Great Place To Work
Global Collaboration Services Specialist (Former Employee), Camden, NJAugust 9, 2014
Pros: people, culture, work atmopshere
Cons: pay
The people and culture are great which makes the work much more enjoyable. Everyone has a sense that you are involved in the company and cared for.
Great place to work, the location was ideal and the camaraderie among coworkers was excellent.
Coordinator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 30, 2014
Cons: the plant closed
great workplace and environment
Butler manufacturing (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCJuly 26, 2014
i clock in at 6:30 we have a 30 min long safety meeting and i actually start work at 7 o clock. i check the crewing sheet and see where i am working at that day. i then see what all lines are running and what all i have on those lines. i continously work those lines and always make sure that they never go down because of no product.
Typical day at work
Analyst (Former Employee), Camden, NJJuly 6, 2014
Pros: the company gave me the ability advance in my job and to travel all over the world
Cons: the company and management has changed so much over the past several years, it really seems that they no longer value their employees, especially those that have been there a long time.
A typical day consisted of an overwhelming amount of work due to past layoffs. They downsize every year and, in many cases, they leave the people that are behind with too many jobs...more than they can handle. Then it seems as though you are not doing your job the right way because you are overwhelmed. It's a no win situation.
Great job for the Moment
Electrician (Former Employee), Dixon, CAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long days, seasonal work, 7 days a week. union mentality. short term for most new hires.
Campbells' canning facility in Dixon California runs a seasonal line for 100 to 110 days continuously. They hire mechanics and electricians and line workers on the guise that they are going to stay employed after the season. Shortly after the seasonal run ends they are let go no matter how good they are because it is a union operation and seniority rules. During the season you have to work 7 days a week. NO DAYS OFF. They are good benefits while you are there but the pay isn't better that anybody else. Management is very old fashion union and very unfair.

1 2 3 4

About Campbell Soup Company

Campbell Soup Company is a growing global food company with annual sales of more than $8 billion and powerful brands in three – Read more

Campbell Soup Company Salaries