Campbell Soup

Campbell Soup Employee Reviews

Technologist (Former Employee), Camden, NJMarch 10, 2015
Nice environment, very professional. Well equipped labs for efficient work. Good benefits. I had a lot of responsibilities and was well regarded by my colleagues.
fun workplace
mixer (Former Employee), Maxton, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: the gift shop
Cons: too many meetings
I enjoyed working a campbell soup because they explained the history of the company also the importance of the company. The job was very easy.
all three shifts worked good together and as a award we had a quite few pot lucks
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: we had good company picnics and proper bonuses
Cons: what can i say, breaks were breaks. we had a very good health care plan.
making sure production had the right ingredients and on time. work at a steady pace and always keeping safety first. letting management know whats going on in the work areas. whats working and whats not working and all the safety problems. talking to your fellow co-workers about work and being respectful at same time. trying to keep everybody on the same page. trying to work and to be safe at all times. making sure everybody goes home safe and coming to the end your shift.
Poor during the holidays
Machine Operator/Labor (Former Employee), Paris, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Will lay you off during the holidays. Offer wonderful benefits, flexible working schedule, wonderful management team. Able to raise a family and spend time with them.
I worked in a factory and management was management.
Associate (Former Employee), 6200 Franklin Blvd, Sacramento, Ca 95824January 7, 2015
Pros: great pay, excellent benefits
Cons: corporate mentality
Work was hard but at times satisfying.

Managers were a full gambit of quality.

Co-workers were a racial and socially divers group
Fast paced and great opportunity to earn money
Seasonal Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee), Napoleon, OHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no time for family or social life
Overall, a good place to work if you don't require much time spent at home with your family.
a magnificent company who has given good business for over 40 years
Sanitation , Quality Control . Housekeeping (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: learning so much, working with such an amazing company
I loved being the backup person, when there was any help needed.
on a typical day I did all the cleaning./sanitation. I learned how to drive the tomato truck and unload them. I controlled the tomato chute, watching the speed of the chute sending the tomatoes to the conveyor belts diligently, I managed and made the call for emergency evacuations of any tomato paste 22ft barrels if any metal or hazards got inside, then cleaned them out, I monitored the pressure gauges for the heat control of the boiling tomatoes,
I never felt my job was ever too hard,
the enjoyable part was learning so many different important operations to the Companies functions
Fast paced and always a good challenge
Relief Operator (Former Employee), Marshall, MIOctober 10, 2014
Pros: it was fun learning all the different positions
Cons: short breaks
take trash out, and then go around and relieve people for their breaks. By the time I got that done I would take out more trash and then go around and relieve for lunch breaks. Management would make sure things were running smoothly. Co- workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was getting the labels on straight. The most enjoyable part of the job getting to do different things.
great job
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 2, 2014
great job fun people to work with to bad they closed the plant
Productive and Fun work place
Computer Operator/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: free parking, on-site store and cafeteria
Productive and Fun work place, love my co-workers and team building workshops that the employers conducted on-site.
productive and long hours 3rd shift
dicer machine cleaner (Former Employee), Maxton, NCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: had all day of bcuz i worked 3rd shift
3rd shift.
slow work
had a hard supervisor made sure job was done right
Great Company
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Maxton, NCJune 18, 2014
Great company, good upper management. Learned quite a bit and was able to grow/develop into future roles.

Worked in big plant with lots of resources. Considered one of the premier plants in the network.
Learnt a lot on daily basis.
Java Developer (Former Employee), Camden, NJMay 23, 2014
It is a challenging and hard working to achieve the targets.
Daily pleasure of overhead cleaner
OVERHEAD CLEANER (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: work with all floors and fellow employess
Cons: time is a factor. everthing must be finish before 4.30am
Meeting to set up work base upon that days production. Talk with USDA if they have any probelms that need to be address. Acquire cleaning equipment and solutions. Speak with coordinators and managers to see if we can clean on their floor and witch machine that not being used. Clean machine and make sure thay are dry before production is to run in the morning
Overall, not an iinnovative accepting organization
Sr. Supply Chain Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 9, 2014
My overall experience was unexpectedly unusal. For an company who seeks new products to market to the consumer, the Supply Chain area was not accepting to innovation.
Liked working for campbell soup
Checker Assembler (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: location, pay, bennefits, union
Cons: closed down
great pay, flexible to a persons life outside of work. (PFL) (FMLA) sufficient vacation time, The treated their workers well. I was comfortable with the job details and requirements.
Excellent company to work for
IT Security Admin (Current Employee), Camden, NJDecember 12, 2013
Very good management. Excellent co workers. Flexable hours.
Enjoyed learning new machinery
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Napoleon, OHOctober 7, 2013
Pros: learning new machines
Cons: getting laid off
I enjoyed Cambell Soup there was always something new to learn. I was getting laid off and could not afford to keep going back at the time.
Clean Work area.
Veg Prep (Former Employee), Maxton, NCSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: clean work area.
Cons: non smoking.
Campbell Soup is a very clean buisness/plant, the only thing I did not like was working 7 days a week, every once in a while I would not mind working 7 days but they worked it every weekend. It is a pretty easy job they do not use jacks so you have to push all ingredient around in big barrels and if you are working through a temp service they move you around a lot which is something else I did not like. But other than that campbell soup is a good workplace.
Avoid at all cost( especially skilled labor and salary)
Supervisor (Current Employee), ParisMay 3, 2013
Pros: low moral, you have to die sometime.
Cons: dont expect to see your family.
I have seen thirty salaried "group leaders" fired in the last 3 years, there is a " buffer" for the level just above to protect themselves from being responsible. Plant will work 7 days , and more if they could ask god for it. Pay is low for the area for skilled labor. Expect to work second shift for many years with very few days off.

Campbell Soup Salaries