Campbell University Employee Reviews

Fun Productive Upbeat Workplace
Assistant Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCMay 2, 2017
I've worked for 3 years. Working at school brings its own challenges. Great atmosphere, Management of the admissions department is great. Those in charge have a lot experience in the field and as such are able to lead the employees properly.
Stay Away
Football Assistant Video Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCFebruary 20, 2017
No organization or leadership. Every man for him self mindset within the organization. People are left to figure everything out on their own and make it the best way they can. No one is available for help.
Great, would've stayed if I could've
Internship (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCFebruary 3, 2017
I was an intern with Strength and Conditioning, it was life altering. I was a volunteer so it was unpaid, but still it was great.
Full time student
Full - Time Student (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJanuary 23, 2017
Full time student
that obtained a bachleors degree in business adminsration
with full time hours of 8 per week
took business classes like accounting
Marketing and business law
Great
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJanuary 21, 2017
Great community to be, everyone is nice and welcoming to everyone. Good Christian community as well. Campbell, people in this community make you feel welcome, and care.
Great place, questionable duties, management spineless
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJanuary 14, 2017
The University as a whole is a good place to work. Campus safety on the other hand could use some clean up. The management/supervision has been here for years and have fallen into the trap of taking on duties that a security officer has no business doing. Example: A security officer has absolutely no authority to stand in a state maintained road and direct, stop or otherwise interfere with the flow of traffic. You will be doing this. Example: Dispatchers with no security officer training are allowed to don a security officer uniform and work special assignments (overtime pay) while trained security officers are not asked to work. Example: Some are allowed to only work special assignments while most officers are required to work on campus (regular pay) to be eligible to have a chance to work a special assignment. The list goes on. Again, this is a great university and overall probably not a bad place to work. Just beware of what you're getting into if you go to work at campus safety. P.s.: Retired and current state troopers are for some reason hailed as kings at campus safety. Oh yeah, because they will be directing traffic, unlawfully perhaps...
Pros
Full-time employee dependants go to school tuition free.
Cons
See comment section
productive, fun work place
swim instructor (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJanuary 8, 2017
A typical day I would already be there because I used to swim on their team there, then I would teach a set of classes about half an hour long. I learned how to teach kids as well as getting to know them and keeping them engaged and listening. My co-workers were friendly, and I knew most of them very well because we all swam together on the team. The hardest part of the job is when their is a kid in the class who won't listen. The most enjoyable part of the job is when they learn something new and their parents are able to see the improvement.
very productive
Central Stores Manager (Current Employee) –  Facilities ManagementJanuary 5, 2017
keep busy completing purchase orders, matching invoices, ordering stock, customer service and continual communications.
I had to change positions after a knee injury and was allowed to use my degree(s) to increase my position.
Pros
free education
Cons
low wages
Family atmosphere
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCNovember 20, 2016
Everyone is super friendly and it is a great place to raise a family. High academics and beautiful facilities. The opportunity to coach and complete my MBA has been more than I could have asked for. Campbell University has great leadership and has a very bright future ahead!
Campbell University doesn't meet the high standards I expected.
Evening Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 1, 2016
This is not the job I expected. When I was initially hired, it was for what I thought would be a temporary part-time position that would lead to a permanent full-time position. When a full-time position became available that I was qualified for, I was not considered. I have not been considered for any advanced positions since being there for over three years.
A typical day at work for me includes dealing with incompetent staff, and fixing all the things that the incompetent staff have put in disarray. I can't say I have learned very much in my position other than the fact that Campbell does not appreciate its employees. The management there is incompetent, my co-workers create an uncomfortable environment, and the hardest part of my job is arriving to work everyday to face my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job, is when I leave on Friday evening.
Pros
I am able to go home every day.
Cons
No room for advancement, low wages, no paid holidays
Very nice place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCOctober 17, 2016
Friendly environment, teamwork, structure and nurturing environment, supportive and likable management. Teamwork is shown daily, inter professional opportunities are offered.Colleagues are engaging, respectable and supportive.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Travel to
Work area nnedes improvements.
Central Stores Manager (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCSeptember 17, 2016
Busy work environment with jobs/work coming in continuously. Time to look for cheaper alternative product would be helpful. Has allowed for many learning experiences and ways for me to find newer/better ways to complete activities.
Management varies from very loose to somewhat rigid. Dedicated co-workers helping get the work done along with hard to please other. Hardest part is finding a new job which allows me to use my education or allows for advancement.
I enjoy making people happy and doing what needs to be done prior to requests.
Pros
Education opportunity
Cons
limited advancement/low pay
Good job for busy college student
Office Assistant, Department of Choral Music (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCAugust 20, 2016
A good job for students at Campbell, working only an hour or two shift at a time doing office work for the Director of Choral Activities
Very political place to work
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJuly 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping military students pursue their education. Most co-workers got along well but unfortunately there are too many people in high positions that abuse their power. Bad choices making it hard to work your way up!
Pros
Helping military and veteran students
Cons
Corrupt and shady practices by supervisor
Sometimes a bit crazy
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJuly 2, 2016
Working with people from all over the state of North Carolina and across the US is sometimes a challenge. It is hard to work and be in communication with people at times; even though communication in all forms is literally at our fingers.

The most enjoyable part is getting to see all the hard work has finally paid off on planning and talking to breakout session leaders.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Commiunication and long nights.
Useful
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJune 16, 2016
Acquired skills under the supervision of professors, which is very useful regarding job perspectives. Campbell university provides great research tools for sudents.
Fun atmosphere with great people
Athletic Marketing & Promotions (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCMay 22, 2016
Student involvement was AMAZING! We had to set up the activities and games for the other students, facility, and families. It was a great experience that I will never forget.
Pros
free stuff
Easy jobs for busy college student
Office Assistant, Department of Choral Music (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCMay 9, 2016
These jobs allow be to have a full class schedule while also being able to earn money to help support me. I work with people I enjoy and it is a fun atmosphere
Flexible work schedules
LOBBY ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCFebruary 27, 2016
Campbell University provides generous work hours that are flexible around one's class schedule. The work environment is friendly and inviting, and the RD of the dorm I work in is very kind and engaging. If there happens to be an expectant event that prevents one from attending their designated evening shift, other lobby attendants are willing to take that shift for you. Overall, I really enjoy working as a lobby attendant at Campbell University.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and friendly work environment
Cons
N/a
Great University
Assistant Director of Men's Basketball Operations (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCNovember 2, 2015
Great University, no complaints. Learned a lot about the industry. I enjoyed working under my boss. Would recommend to future applicants.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Campbell University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2