Campbell University Employee Reviews in United States

Flexible work schedules
LOBBY ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCFebruary 27, 2016
Campbell University provides generous work hours that are flexible around one's class schedule. The work environment is friendly and inviting, and the RD of the dorm I work in is very kind and engaging. If there happens to be an expectant event that prevents one from attending their designated evening shift, other lobby attendants are willing to take that shift for you. Overall, I really enjoy working as a lobby attendant at Campbell University.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and friendly work environment
Cons
N/A
Very political place to work
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJuly 12, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping military students pursue their education. Most co-workers got along well but unfortunately there are too many people in high positions that abuse their power. Bad choices making it hard to work your way up!
Pros
Helping military and veteran students
Cons
Corrupt and shady practices by supervisor
Great people and workplace if you are tenured
University Faculty/Developer/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJanuary 31, 2015
Management has always been very respectful of one's time and needs. This was experienced for 10+ years. Then, tenured faculty would request and receive courses developed and taught by long time adjuncts
Beyond that, administrative changes prompted more courses to be taken from long timers. Maybe this was due to enrollment but long timers expected honesty, respect and loyalty.

Pay was good. Respect for faculty's time and craft was wonderful. Administrative and technical assistance was always right on track.

Can't think of a hard part of the job if one knows his subject matter and is amenable to upgrading with the school and ever-changing technology. Most enjoyable part of the work was interacting with students of all ages and walks of life.

Hold on to your ethics and insure our next generation can read, write, spell and produce excellent work. It's our job.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
no raises, continued policy changes affecting one's courseload
Fun atmosphere with great people
Athletic Marketing & Promotions (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCMay 22, 2016
Student involvement was AMAZING! We had to set up the activities and games for the other students, facility, and families. It was a great experience that I will never forget.
Pros
free stuff
Easy jobs for busy college student
Office Assistant, Department of Choral Music (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCMay 9, 2016
These jobs allow be to have a full class schedule while also being able to earn money to help support me. I work with people I enjoy and it is a fun atmosphere
Useful
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJune 16, 2016
Acquired skills under the supervision of professors, which is very useful regarding job perspectives. Campbell university provides great research tools for sudents.
Veteran Affair's Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 12, 2015
Productive environment with lots of multi-tasking. Typical day involved:

• Managed the receptionist area, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests for information. Maintained and constantly updated confidential file systems.
• Served as point of contact for all outside vendors to gain access to office. Made copies, sent faxes and handled all incoming correspondence. Created and maintained spreadsheets using advanced Excel function and calculations to develop reports and lists
Straight Forward and Reliable Temporary Job
Powell Dorm Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJuly 14, 2015
As a lobby attendant at Campbell it was my job to check in and supervise a female dorm lobby while keeping track of male visitors. The visitors had to sign in and leave identification with me which I filed. I learned how to efficiently run the lobby and the manager, or resident director, was very nice and easy to work with. I hardly ever saw my co-workers because only one of us would work the lobby at a time. The hardest part was when hours were up and sometimes a male visitor would be late checking out so I would have to go to the room to retrieve him. There was also some difficulty clocking in because it involved going to another building where my card didn't work to let me in so I had to wait for someone to come open the door. The most enjoyable part was the time between visitors where I could get some studying done.
Pros
Down time, guaranteed hours
Cons
Clocking in and out
Great College; but not the best place to work
Admissions (Former Employee) –  AdmissionsFebruary 29, 2012
The University as a whole is great, and a wonderful education for students. But as a place to work it is very lacking, the compensation for the time you work is very low as well as the appreciation for a job well done. There are also limited advancement opportunities.
Great University
Assistant Director of Men's Basketball Operations (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCNovember 2, 2015
Great University, no complaints. Learned a lot about the industry. I enjoyed working under my boss. Would recommend to future applicants.
I have grown as an individual at Campbell University.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJuly 27, 2015
Campbell University has been my home for two years. It was a fun place to be and i have learnt a lot working there. There was a balance between my work hours, college hours and my personnel life.
Kept me productive between classes
Library Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJuly 4, 2015
I answered the telephone, took and relayed messages to the Administrative Assistant and professors. I also made copies, ran errands, and graded papers for faculty. Where appropriate, I adhered to the responsibilities of the confidentiality statement I signed.
fun place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCApril 27, 2015
A typical day began with me taking a walk through to make sure that I knew what our immediate jobs for the day were.
I would assign my co workers their job assignments for the day. If needed, I would help whenever necessary. The work environment was very relaxed and pleasant to work. My co-workers were friendly and cooperative. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the students and their appreciation for what we did to keep their environment clean.
I had lots of fun
Artist Model (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCApril 19, 2015
The job I had is not the most common job, an artist model. It was my first time doing anything like it but I had fun and all the students and the professor of the class were very kind and helpful. I am very thankful I had the opportunity work with this job.
Fun workplace with a chance to meet new people and students from many different backgrounds.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCOctober 23, 2012
A typical day at work would be, making spreadsheets in Excel, answering questions from faculty or students, and receiving packages. I also type up reports, or stories for the department. I have helped make brochures and newsletters. I work in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Department at Campbell University and we have many students from India in our Bachelor's and Master's programs. We have a variety of students in the department that have questions. I try to answer their questions and if I can't I direct them to the person that can. I enjoy meeting the new students year after year and seeing them grow throughout their time here at Campbell.
Very Productive and knowledge bound atmosphere
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJune 19, 2013
My research work at Campbell was very smooth without any hurdles. The atmosphere around was very friendly to work for. I learnt being patient and learnt that research always does not produce positve results. Learnt to take and face challenges with a Bang!!!
Pros
good working atmosphere with all the equipment
Cons
had to work for long hours
Great place to work at!!!!
Computer Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Had a great time here. Good management!!! They were caring anad want to see me grow as indvidual for sure. Other staff memebers were helpful and fun to work with.
Becoming a Professional
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  AdmissionsMarch 17, 2014
As a student ambassador, learning how to communicate to others is a very important skill. Giving tours and working visitation days, allowed me to interact with different kinds of people and helped me to develop the necessary communication skills to inform our guests. It also aided in enhancing my interaction with other professionals which assisted in my maturing on a professional level. With this type of environment, I learned to be flexible, creative and use a variety of different skills.
Good, wholesome place to work. Great people in a great environment.
PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCAugust 5, 2012
Campbell is a great place to work. It is a private Baptist university and the work environment is great. I have met wonderful people there. Management is understanding and supportive and treat you fairly. The university has progressed a lot and is growing each day.
A perfect place to for overall development.
Lab teaching assistant in Pharmaceutical Lab (Former Employee) –  Buies Creek, NCJune 11, 2013
*People are given equal opportunity and freedom to try new ways to fulfill the responsibilities of the job.
* working environment was very friendly and the management was very supportive to the employees.

4.4