Campbell University

Campbell University Employee Reviews

I had lots of fun
Artist Model (Former Employee), Buies Creek, NCApril 19, 2015
The job I had is not the most common job, an artist model. It was my first time doing anything like it but I had fun and all the students and the professor of the class were very kind and helpful. I am very thankful I had the opportunity work with this job.
Great people and workplace if you are tenured
University Faculty/Developer/Trainer (Current Employee), Buies Creek, NCJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: autonomy
Cons: no raises, continued policy changes affecting one's courseload
Management has always been very respectful of one's time and needs. This was experienced for 10+ years. Then, tenured faculty would request and receive courses developed and taught by long time adjuncts
Beyond that, administrative changes prompted more courses to be taken from long timers. Maybe this was due to enrollment but long timers expected honesty, respect and loyalty.

Pay was good. Respect for faculty's time and craft was wonderful. Administrative and technical assistance was always right on track.

Can't think of a hard part of the job if one knows his subject matter and is amenable to upgrading with the school and ever-changing technology. Most enjoyable part of the work was interacting with students of all ages and walks of life.

Hold on to your ethics and insure our next generation can read, write, spell and produce excellent work. It's our job.
Great place to work at!!!!
Computer Desktop Technician (Former Employee), Buies Creek, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Had a great time here. Good management!!! They were caring anad want to see me grow as indvidual for sure. Other staff memebers were helpful and fun to work with.
Responsive and dedicated.
Student (Former Employee), NCNovember 6, 2014
Comprised of faculty and staff who are dedicated to their job and to their students.
Productive environment
Veteran Affairs Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Buies Creek, NCJune 3, 2014
Great training program, fun work environment, co-workers are friendly and management is always there to help.
Great place to work with great co-workers
Student Worker (Current Employee), Buies Creek, NCMay 19, 2014
This is a great place to work because everyone is so nice and the job is not very demanding. It is a good pace so you can provide more individual attention to the students that need help.
Supportive Office Staff
Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMay 13, 2014
As an instructor at an extended campus, my job is always part-time and varies based on enrollment. It is difficult to plan a budget when you have no idea what your pay will be until the day classes start. However, the office staff and director are wonderful and help out in any way they can.
Nice job
Resident Director (Former Employee), Buies Creek, NCApril 21, 2014
Pros: fun
I worked in this field while I was looking for full time work after I graduated. Most work was done in an office setting except some being done in the residence halls while being remodeled.

This job was rewarding because I was able to meet may of the incoming freshman students and their parents and show them campus. I also learned how to function in an office setting.
Learning phase
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), campbell universityMarch 19, 2014
Hands on experience on various analytical euipments. Theoretical principles placed in practically.
Becoming a Professional
Student Ambassador (Current Employee), AdmissionsMarch 17, 2014
As a student ambassador, learning how to communicate to others is a very important skill. Giving tours and working visitation days, allowed me to interact with different kinds of people and helped me to develop the necessary communication skills to inform our guests. It also aided in enhancing my interaction with other professionals which assisted in my maturing on a professional level. With this type of environment, I learned to be flexible, creative and use a variety of different skills.
Good place to learn Pharmaceutical sciences
Head Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Buies Creek, NCFebruary 11, 2014
Complete package for pharmacy. Good research facilities to learn pharmaceutical analysis techniques. Great professors who help in gaining good knowledge about pharmaceutical sciences.
great place for a first job
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Buies Creek, NCSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: great chance for a student to do professional work
Cons: no cons - all was great
I was a student working part time.

It was great doing professional work instead of flipping burgers... or being a waiter... so, it was great!
great school
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Buies Creek, NCAugust 19, 2013
Nice people and a competent faculty. Enjoyed working here. Hope they are successful in growth
Fun working with other students
Teaching Assistant, Pharmaceutics Lab for Pharm D (Former Employee), Buies Creek, NCAugust 11, 2013
- Mutual learning atmosphere
- Patience and good communication with fellow students
Very Productive and knowledge bound atmosphere
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee), Buies Creek, NCJune 19, 2013
Pros: good working atmosphere with all the equipment
Cons: had to work for long hours
My research work at Campbell was very smooth without any hurdles. The atmosphere around was very friendly to work for. I learnt being patient and learnt that research always does not produce positve results. Learnt to take and face challenges with a Bang!!!
A perfect place to for overall development.
Lab teaching assistant in Pharmaceutical Lab (Former Employee), Buies Creek, NCJune 11, 2013
*People are given equal opportunity and freedom to try new ways to fulfill the responsibilities of the job.
* working environment was very friendly and the management was very supportive to the employees.
It is fun learning in Campbell university
1) Tutor (Current Employee), TutoringMay 23, 2013
Pros: lot can be learned
Cons: least paid
Have to go early and start working and there is a lot of scope to learn instruments in pharmaceutical company and about GMP etc. Managment tries to help student to learn more but pay less for more work. My coworkers are my fello students and hargest part is you have to work more to get less paid. Most enjoyble part is you can learn more things
Most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Secretary/Manager (Former Employee), Buies Creek, NCMarch 7, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the basketball team at the games and practices. I also loved working in the basketball camps with the kids.
Fun workplace with a chance to meet new people and students from many different backgrounds.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Buies Creek, NCOctober 23, 2012
A typical day at work would be, making spreadsheets in Excel, answering questions from faculty or students, and receiving packages. I also type up reports, or stories for the department. I have helped make brochures and newsletters. I work in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Department at Campbell University and we have many students from India in our Bachelor's and Master's programs. We have a variety of students in the department that have questions. I try to answer their questions and if I can't I direct them to the person that can. I enjoy meeting the new students year after year and seeing them grow throughout their time here at Campbell.
It was fun but not what I really wanted to do
Security (Former Employee), Santa Fe, New MexicoOctober 20, 2012
Pros: a lot of overtime
Cons: working night shift
It was a small security company. I enjoyed working with people there