Campbell Employee Reviews in United States

Smart employees
Trading Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2016
Good place to work with a lot of smart people. Nice life/work balance. People work hard at Campbell and get disappointed when the markets don't treat the firm right.
Pros
smart people
Cons
location
Excellent firm to work for
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2016
My typical day at work was scheduling, maintaining the calendar, copying, typing and all day-to-day aspects of a secretary. Worked with no supervision and was able to prioritize. I also communicated with clients.

What I learned was that no matter how happy you think you are at a job, sometimes it's time to walk away.

Management consisted of the Partners of the firm. They were equally approachable and wonderful to work for.

My co-workers were wonderful and I miss them. We all worked as a team and when someone needed help we were there to assist.

The stress of deadlines was overwhelming at times.

The thing that was most enjoyable were the friends I made and everything I learned from everyone.
Pros
Very generous vacation and personal time off and the people there are very nice to work for
Cons
There really was nothing that I did not like about the firm.
great place to express creativity
Assistant project manager/Project designer (Current Employee) –  Oracle, AZJanuary 5, 2016
sub-contracted my remodeling,painting and decorating work, each and every job is different, enjoyed the freedom to schedule myself.
Typical Day
V Corps Assistance Inspector General (Former Employee) –  DEDecember 5, 2015
Answering phone calls to soldiers and family members who need assistance with their finances, promotions, housings and the list goes on. What an awesome experience working at the inspector general office.
Fast paced workplace with friendly and endearing co-workers
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2015
Campbell, Yost Clare & Norell is a great place to work! Right as soon as you arrive, you must be ready to put your shoulder to the wheel and help out where you can. We spend our days doing our own assigned work then helping out where a helping hand is needed.
Pros
office hours, benefits, retirement plan
Fun working place
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAAugust 13, 2015
I really enjoyed my time working there. people where really nice with great pay. I couldnt have asked for a better boss. Great hours as well. I was sad when I left.
Campbells Experience
Project Lead, U.S. Retail Marketing Test Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Camden, New JerseyAugust 5, 2015
After spending 5 years at Campbells, in two seperate departments, i would have to say that culture is constantly changing. In my time spent there, it was always about trying to find the next 'best thing', for both out products and company management.
Pros
I liked the people I worked with
Cons
There are alot of people who get 'lost' in the system, fly under the radar. By the time I left, the culture had taken a huge plummet and most employees did not like coming to work.
Informative and eyeopening
Reserve Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Campbell, WIFebruary 2, 2015
I really like volunteering here because I had many hands-on experiences and was able to learn a lot about the criminal justice field.
A public company with long standing insureds
Staff Counsel for Zurich Insurance Company (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 24, 2015
Daily work is challenging. But with steady insureds/clients you learn their expectations and learn what matters most to them in resolving their cases successfully. Having worked with the major case and catastrophe attorneys my level of experience has risen which is important to me.
Forklift & Production
Campbell's (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJune 16, 2014
I learned how to communicate more with people in there's a lot of hard workers around you at all times, I enjoy being around lots of people at work that I no makes it seem like family. The hardest part about work is when you are worker hard and your partners is not doing nothing to help you out.
Pros
good food
Cons
shorts breaks but good pay
love helping people
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2014
we worked with cancer patients. love it ther i was the manger. with all dutys.
Hard work for a days pay!
Farm Manager (Former Employee) –  Big Lake, MNJanuary 29, 2014
The hours and work load were crazy. Good compensation and autonomy though!
Pros
autonomy
Cons
work load
Productive and fun.
Surveyor Assistant (Former Employee) –  LaFayette, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Large acre surveys. Learned to trim and cut out property lines. Good boss. Co workers great. Hardest part were the chainsaws. Recon was the best!
Pros
lots of free lunches and bonuses
Cons
working long hours
Family owned
Sr. Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 5, 2014
A good company to work for. Like working with family. They also started from scratch and have built the business in the past 19 years of ownership.
good feeling knowing that i can help teachers our when they need to be out
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  campbell coOctober 9, 2013
good job. like to be around students and work with faculty. good paying job on the days i get to cover.
Pros
good clean working enviorment
Cons
never know when i will get to work
Head Technician
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNSeptember 27, 2013
My day statred at 7:45 AM with setting up exam rooms and printing schedules for DR's. Reviewed Electronic charts with Doctors. Upon Opening, Backfilled Charts with Patient History. Next brought patient back to review their medical history, ran Auto-refractor, discuss any concerns with their vision. Checked their Visual Acuity, Refracted Patient, checked Pupils for APD, Visual Fields, OCT's, BAT's, IOP checks, Dialated Patients. Worked with EMRs, Allscripts, and Misys Programs.

The most enjoyable part of my jobs were the Patients. I enjoyed building a rapport and working as a team to make sure the patient got the best care possible.
Pros
education
side work
gravel grading, tree trimming, and house sitting (Former Employee) –  moriarty nmMay 15, 2013
dog and house sitting , gravel grading tree trimming and other yard work
Ft. Campbell is a great place to learn about Army life and diverse populations.
Contractor at Ft (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMarch 31, 2013
A typical day consisted of working closely with our supervisor and staff to ensure families were safe and their mental health needs were met.
If you love the outdoors then Campbell Services is the job for you.
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMarch 19, 2013
The crew I work with is the construction/landscaping crew. Our job is to keep all parks surrounding Old Hickory Lake cut and clean. If we are not mowing parks we are chipping up driftwood and fallen limbs within the parks and taking them to a secure location.

Most of my co-workers are friends from high school or we just became friends after starting the job. And my crew foremen has been here for over 12 seasons.

The hardest part of my job comes in the heart of summer. Believe me, you want to pace yourself daily when its over 100 degrees with a heat index of over 110.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that for 7 seasons me and my co-workers/friends have been together everyday and still continuously get the jobs done faster and faster with no complaints. Thats definitely something I like to build off of in any job/career.
Great people great benefits
Insulator Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 25, 2013
Awesome group of guys and it is a great experience. the people you work with will do anything in the world for you.

4.2