Camping World and Good Sam

Camping World and Good Sam Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Warranty Admin (Current Employee), London, OHAugust 24, 2015
Camping World and Good Sam is an awesome place to work! The people are nice and the job keeps you busy!! The hardest part of this job is trying to do everything efficiently and in a timely manner!
Could be a good job...
Rv sales associate (Former Employee), Robertsdale ALAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Potential to make good money
Cons: Long hours, no real concern for the customer
Lack of organization and cooperation between departments makes it difficult to keep customers happy. Too much time had to be spent on solving problems due to management & the service department not prepping sold units correctly. Management wants all sales people to sell the same way regardless if it works.
Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spokane, WAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: poor management, lack processes, poor inventory management
This is the worst company I have ever worked for!! The management staff was the worst as well.the management salt add refuses to talk to upset customers. And corporate does not care. BEWARE!!
Sales Associate
Recreational Vehicle Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 4, 2015
Its a challenge to sell Recreational Vehicles. Much of the challenge is to learn "word tracks" that motivate people to buy a RV in situations that vary and with variable personalities. One could starve as a sales associate. The offsetting gold nugget in this store is very encouraging and supportive management team. Nonetheless, I'm a better soldier than I'm a sales person.
record profits, low pay to employees as service writers.
RV service advisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2015
Pros: 8-6 shift work. good benefits.
Cons: 6 day work week, no comp day
This place makes alot of money. They structure the pay plan to make sure the store has record profits. You will not make any where near what you would as a service writer anywhere else. Stay away.
I have learned a lot about myself and my communication with others!
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Louisville TennesseeAugust 2, 2015
I have learned a lot and feel I have become a better communicater. I have become more detail oriented and more focused on the task at hand. It is in sales however, and I have to be there to make money. At this time, I need more time with my family.
Mediocre Job
Service Writer (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits
Cons: Poor management, doesn't care about employees, too much drama, long hours for salaried with no extra pay.
If you don't mind angry customers calling day in and day out about parts that were ordered a month ago and are still not in due to corporate's "process" of getting parts in then this is the job for you. All of the corporate processes for this company are a joke. It is said that for this company the employees come first and the customer second. I find no validity to that statement whatsoever. It is all about the passion (love) for money with the management team I work for. The Bible states that "the love of money is the root of all evil," well here you go. I'm done with them and ready to move on.
Great people to work with
Service technician (Current Employee), AlbuquerqueJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Great support from colleagues and management
Cons: Lot of hours during busy season
Decided to take on RV technician as a second career after retiring last year. Was worried about investing a lot of money in tools of the trade when I wasn't sure if I would be successful or accepted by the experienced techs. I'm glad I did. Camping world albuquerque service dept has an unusual group of people who work well together, are willing to share their knowledge, experience, and tools, and actively work to make sure "new jacks" are successful. I highly recommend camping world albuquerque service department for anyone seeking a new job or career.
Great nurses
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Waukon, IAJuly 14, 2015
Great place to work at and great nurses. Great way to get your foot in the door. Awesome residents. I learn a lot from working there. This is what I am truly born to do.
Very interesting
Elissa Causey - Manager (Current Employee), Winter GardenJuly 12, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: not really any
You meet a lot of different people from interesting places. A learning experience. Good benefits. Makes you want to go camping.
not so good
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Kingston, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no personal life
you will end up questioning your employment everyday with the management here. i was once threatened my job 30+ times in the span of 3 days when the regional service director came to town. not because i didn't know what i was doing, but thats his management style
good place to work but no advancement
walk thru cordinator (Current Employee), North Little Rock ArkansasJuly 7, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no chance for advancement
look up deliveries for the day, help customers on floor and counter talk to customers on phone teach people how to use there camper
Just another dead end job that is just above flipin' bergers at Mickey D's
Parts Associate (Current Employee), FLJuly 2, 2015
The job is a pay check, pennies for all the hours of those who work on salary, starvation wages for the service writers during the off season.

Benefits are horrible, the CEO is too busy with his television show to care about the business. Upper management doesn't care at all about store level employees. Not enough retail staff in the stores, up to a point that all of the associates are having to do the jobs of 3 people.
Had great benefits, but lacked in management skills. loved the merchandiser job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ocala, FL/Ft Myers, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
The company was ok to work for, wish they had a management with a backbone to be fair and firm. Enjoyed learning about becoming a merchandiser.
Detailing Motor homes
Shop Attendant/Installer/ Detailer (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAMay 29, 2015
Get setup for detailing. Learn your detailing products. Ask a manager for help to make your job smoother. Coworkers are friendly. Making sure over sized
Managment
Marketing Director (Current Employee), Englewood, COMay 29, 2015
The management in itself is horrible and a violation of HR. The company is unethical and even though they have Harassment complaints filed against employees they still keep them. There's too many inner office relationships going on with the HR staff that if you report someone to HR they are most likely sleeping with someone from HR. The compensation is good but the benefits are horrible. The management team has no management leadership and no communication.
NONE
SALES - ACCESSORIES DEPARTMENT (Former Employee), Green, OHMay 13, 2015
Pros: MEET CLIENTS
Cons: BAD MGT
MEET CLIENTS
SELLING RV'S AND ACCESSORIES
MGT NOT RESPONSIVE TO EMPLOYEES OR CLIENTS NEEDS
CO WORKERS GOOD
CLIENTS GOOD AND SOME NOT SO GOOD
Great place to work but very little room for advancement.
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, ArizonaMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great workplace enviorment
Cons: Very expensive heath care
Make the daily schedule, doing cycle counts, get the store ready to open by putting out tills and opening up the store in the back office system. During the day I scan the stores outs, pull what we had in stock from the back room and order what we were out of. Weekly schedules were made 3weeks in advance. Trucks of 6 to 24 pallets were processed twice a week and were completed within a few hours. My – more... employee's are great, most of them have been there for a long time and know what is expected of them on any given day. The hardest part about the job is that their are two different company's that work under the same roof and they do not always see eye to eye which creates friction in the store. Upper management / DM visits are very few and most of the time they were hired from outside of the company and they are too new to know much of anything about your business. Sometimes you will only see them once or twice a year, so there are a ton of conference calls which in turn makes managements job more difficult due to the fact we spend a lot of time in the office away from customers and the sales floor. Everyone on the retail side of the store gets along great has great customer service and gets the job done. That's the best part of the job. I learned that you have to have structure, great employee's and great leaders to be successful, to many cooks in the kitchen never works. – less
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Grain Valley MoApril 27, 2015
As Long as you worked in the parts department it was fun. Loved working with my manager. It was a fun place to work as long as the head guys minded their own business
not a good company
RV Certified Installer (Former Employee), Robertsdale, ALApril 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: not a good place to work
work all day for nothing never happy with what you did would find ways to cut your pay make you do jobs you couldn't make any money on
Industry