Camping World and Good Sam

Camping World and Good Sam Employer Reviews

Camping World
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2015
High energy workplace. Great opportunities for advancement. Good Benefits. Never a dull day. Great place to learn. The biggest balance is the customer day to day and communication between departments. Its a great challenge and is a great job for people who like high demand.
poor work conditions, poorly managed, great co-workers
Service Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2015
No organization to making repairs, poor quality of equipment. This was just a temp. job for me until I could start with CBRE.
Micro managed
Detailer/Walk-through Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 18, 2015
The management was not up to par. A lot of favoritism and unfair treatment.
Location I was in was completely dysfuntional
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJJanuary 16, 2015
Completely dyafunctional, General Manager was not approachable or involved ignored all employee concerns high turnover.
Upper management disengaged.
friendly co-workers
RV Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rossford, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: close to home.
Cons: having to work 10 hour days, every single saturday, soon sundays also
Co-workers are all easy to get-along with, Sales manager is up tight, and gets angry easy,
CASHIER (Former Employee), Fountain ColoradoJanuary 5, 2015
Loved to meet all different people from different places. Great place to work.
Easy to advance
OEM parts Coordinator (Former Employee), calera,alJanuary 5, 2015
the job was hard, but it was easy to advance and move forward in a fast paced environment.
Manager (Former Employee), IllinoisDecember 31, 2014
Good place to work. The benefits are not that great and the hours can be long. Not a lot of days off. Interesting management makes it worth the problems.
Fun place to work but not if you want a comfortable lifestyle.
Assistant Manager/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 8, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: poor salary, benefits and advancement.
The job is enjoyable but there is no room for advancement and we are extremely under staffed.
Excellent place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: discount on rv parts, service & supplies
It was the ideal job for me because I lived on a motorhome. I enjoyed working and being able to make suggestions to new owners who were not familiar to the lifestyle. Everyday at any job I work is a good day and this was the exception due to my lifestyle My manager and co-workers all worked together to keep the store stocked and clean. the hardest part was Friday when the truck came in to be unloaded, which everyone participated. The most enjoyable were helping the customers and seeing the smile on their faces when they left. I left the job to continue my dream to travel which I have been doing since then. It is now time to settle down and work for a good organization such as Goodwill.
worst job ever. period.
service advisor/ product specialist (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 21, 2014
Pros: few
Cons: the entire company and culture
Never get pay raises. Customers know they can get anything for free by causing a scene and take full advantage. More unhappy customers than I've ever seen.
Good techs who can't complete work because of lousy parts system
Managers who could care less about employees. You're definitely expendable at this company.
Will screw you out of commission and vacation time earned when you leave whether by your choice or theirs.
Corporation. has no repgard for customers or employees and it filters down to the store levels. Service manager was lazy and incompetent and would rather mock employees than lend support.
Store manager was the best but he's not appreciated by company either. Stay away from this place unless you're truly desperate.
Camping World Corporation
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Fife, WANovember 12, 2014
Pros: customer service and great employees and management
Cons: health benefits and pay
Maintained a healthy relationship with my Co-Workers, Cashiered and kept a clean register,stocked the shelves and maintained supplies on the shelves for inventory, Put back the merchandise that was left around and put out the stuff that came off the trucks. Balanced my register and closed the store at the end of the day. The hardest part of my job was standing around with nothing to do when times where slow at work. the most enjoyable time at my job there was talking with customers and getting along with my Management.
interesting place to work
Service Writer (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 12, 2014
very busy, fasted pace in the summer but a little slower in the winter. there are some great people to work with.
meeting & greeting customers was pleasant
Receptionist (Former Employee), Center Conway, NHNovember 4, 2014
Pros: remarkable employee discount on store merchandise
Cons: the repetitive monotone music station repeating same tunes full shift.
Enjoyed meeting and greeting customers, occasionally directing them to products on the store side of business.

Answered phones to transfer calls to the Department of their need.

Co-workers were pleasant to work with on a day to day basis.

The hardest part of the job was finding something to do during quiet business periods.

The best part of the job was sharing similar experiences of living the RV lifestyle as Snowbirds annually.
Fast past and enjoyable enviorment
Title Clerk/Billing Administrator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 28, 2014
Pros: occational free lunches. employee discounts
Cons: slow season
The would start about 7:30am and could end about 6:00 pm. During the time spent there the work was non stop. I learnt the DSI software and some dealership background. Management was accessible and easy to work with. All co-workers were friendly and friendly. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand during the prime months. Also was doing part of the office managers job due to the fact that we didn't have one for most of the time that I was there.
The enjoyable part of this job was the continues inflow of work and learning opportunities and friendly environment.
Loved My Job - Just Didn't Love Management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saukville, WIOctober 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers, discounts
Cons: benefits, management, termination backlash
Flexible schedule to work around family needs. Military friendly. Loved my co-workers and the job itself. Fun customers. Management was whole different story. Lost my job after a few months due to low revenue - didn't know I was being hired as a seasonal employee. Selling memberships and soliciting credit cards was a HUGE part of the position -- daily goals were very much a joke and unachievable for our market.
Great Products, interesting Marketing and amazing memberships
Product Specialist/ Internal Service Writer (Former Employee), Berkley, MAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free roadside assistance as an employee
very busy, always learning new procedures.
I enjoyed the technical aspect, understanding the vehicle and what parts would be needed to accomplish the customers needs.
great co-workers, customers the same.
Productive Workplace.
Detailer/Porter (Former Employee), Grain Valley, MOOctober 13, 2014
Pros: had exelent pay.
Cons: no organization or confidentality.
Horrible company with decent pay and benefits. Management is not organized nor are they confidential. co-workers are mostly great people and are always willing to help you out as long as you help them in return.
Fast pace friendly enviroment
Service Manager (Former Employee), Oakwood, GASeptember 22, 2014
I enjoyed the fast pace environment and the challenges each day presented. I looked forward to coming to work each day the employees were more like family then co-workers. Even though it was impossible to please every client I enjoyed helping them be able to enjoy their vacations by keeping their RV maintained. I learned you got to take the good with the bad and the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Sales associate position requiring persistent selling skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 18, 2014
Dealing with friendly elderly RVers, handling cash.
I learned how to use different tools for selling.
The most rewarding part was helping inform customers about products and making their experience enjoyable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Camping World and Good Sam

Camping World Inc. is America's largest recreational vehicle (RV), outdoor accessory and service retailer. Good Sam is the world’s – Read more