Camping World and Good Sam Employee Reviews

great place to make serious money if you put effort into what you do.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJanuary 30, 2017
from the sales perspective; if you love what you do this is a great place to work but luxury sales isn't for everyone, for example we spend more time here at work than at home with our family's.
with that said they do have good benefits, and a great compensation system if you do sell. but please be warned, the managers here provide excellent training and genuine sense of concern for every team member. so if you wish to have a great sales career and make more money than you ever expected, please start here.
Pros
too many for a short list
Cons
individuals are there own worst enemy.
Fast-paced and fun work environment. Great employees.
Head Lot Porter (Current Employee) –  Mesa AzJanuary 19, 2017
As Lot Porter, I am constantly moving hundreds of different recreational vehicles. Everything from single axle pop-up tents to huge 50ft+ diesel motorhomes. I went in with little experience and have gained a vast amount of knowledge about the RV industry. The employees are all awesome to work with and the sales staff are a blast to work with. Lots of characters, but good people none the less.
Pros
Steady hours, learn something new everyday.
Cons
Only location; working on a black top in 113 degree heat is murderous.
Great Customers
Regional Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  West CoastJanuary 13, 2017
Enjoy working with the customer guiding them to make the right choices. Typical day I would review all Sales and Service figures and reach out to my GM's to discuss their numbers. Hardest part of the job was the amount of travel which was 2-3 weeks of every month. Most enjoyable part of job was grooming associates to advance to the next step always rewarding.
Pros
Strong Salary for Managers
Cons
Health care very expensive
M&P is all that matters......
Parts (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 9, 2016
Memberships are all that matter on the retail side, there is no concern that sales are lower or that there is un happy customers. If your below a certain percentage you can epect to have conference calls everyday and be written up, most customers have memberships that are valid until at least 2019, and refuse to sign up for another visa(which only select stores actually had training on) have been running the same promotion for two years and expect the same results as when we first rolled it out. There is no support or understanding from upper management.
Pros
Decent people.
Cons
All they care about is memeberships
Best experience thus far
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 22, 2016
RV industry is a very fast paced environment and the rewards are endless, as long as you are motivated. Job hoppers need not apply. Career minded individuals will succeed. Very family oriented environment and co-workers are great and fun to work with. You really need to be willing to give maximum effort if you want maximum results. Management is great to work with. They are always looking to train.
Pros
Work environment, busy, pay
Cons
Management not great and boring
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 8, 2017
If you are looking to crack into the Marketing world this is an excellent place to do it! My best advice is to REALLY quiz the person you interview with to figure out what type of management style they have. Some managers are very needy and have a hard time taking ownership when things go wrong. Some managers also have a bad attitude and have a hard time respecting the ones they manage. In saying this, there are WONDERFUL people and managers that work here that can teach you a lot about Marketing. Just be careful who you decide to work for here and ask them LOTS of questions about their style of managing others.

I also want to point out that this isn't the fun Marketing job that most think. Your time at work will be spent behind a computer and talking is frowned upon.
Pros
Gained experience in Marketing
Cons
Management isn't the best
Fun and enjoyable work atmosphere!
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 28, 2016
I love structure and thrive in a structured environment. Would love and enjoy a job with structure and to have co-workers that have these same values. To have co-workers all putting their best effort forth towards the same goal of success. Having fun in my job would be a wonderful thing!
Pros
Great work environment, Healthcare, vacations
look for another job
Management (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 31, 2016
horrible management system. Company lacks communication with no kind of support. High turn around with plenty of responsibilities with slave wages. Each department lacks communication which makes it a horrible and unprofessional environment for service customers and sales department customers.
Pros
benefits are descent
Cons
horrible place to work with no support from upper management
Horrible....Period
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 8, 2016
The place has a decent hourly rate and you can get great incentives if you push their memberships...and yes I said memberships. They have several and you have to push every single one of them or you lose your job. PERIOD!! They have certain quotas they think you should reach for each membership and if you are doing good on a couple but lacking on another one or two..guess what..you lose your job. PERIOD!! Horrible place to work! Management was horrible, no one knew what to do or when to do it, only thing they cared about was Memeberships. They expect you to ask every person who comes in the door to join their clubs and they don't care if you've asked this person before, ask them again anyway...and if they say no...explain what they all are until the customer gets irritated and either joins bc they are sick of hearing about it or they just leave the building. I would never suggest getting a job here to anyone.
Pros
Hourly Rate
Cons
Memberships, Management
No ware 4years no raise boss been there ten no raise
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 29, 2016
Stay away worked for them 4 years had alot of experience got me no were owner wants to be tv star ,they want to be the wallmart of RV dealership customer service out the window constant push everyday to sale memberships and protection plans and credit cards was actually told to stop helping customers with special part orders even though we made money on part and shipping so weres the customer service money hungey driven in every way possible
Pros
Air conditioning
Cons
Retail hours no raises aways want more from you
Poor leadership
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 30, 2017
No training VIPs very seldom visit alot of confrence calls to ridicule your operation with alot of broken promises and upper management the genral manager was poor always worried of employees reporting him to corporate
Pros
Money
Cons
Poor management
Solid Place to Work
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2016
Camping World is a very good place to work with a culture that promotes hard work and fair play. Each day provides chances to interact with new customers and figure out new ways to promote business. With computer skills and creative thinking, I have succeeded with each role in the company I have had the privilege to obtain.
Pros
good hours, vacation time, excellent leadership
Cons
healthcare, limited raise opportunities
Great to make commision, But no leadership
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 9, 2017
I like working at Camping World. However, I want to get back into a leadership role and back into the Automotive field. Unless I find a great opportunity.
Pros
Lunch Break
Cons
Micromanaged, no integrity, and lack of ugency
Good start up
Store and Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Fun place to work until bought out. Once bought out the start up employees were pushed out.
Travel expenses paid for training. Management was supportive of personal and family needs
Pros
Great annual picnic
Cons
Buy out = Job Loss
Excellent fun filled place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 30, 2016
Was a wonderful place to work.. always felt appreciated and accepted. There wasn't anything hard about the positon I was in, most of the time that I was met with something that was difficult I looked at it as a challenge.
Always something new to learn
Retail Sales Associate / Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 1, 2016
Camping World does very well at keeping its associates informed on all of the products that they sell. They create learning videos for them to watch and learn about the products so they can bette help the customers.
productive
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 14, 2017
Title work book in deals, post AP/AR balance schedules. I learned a lot from my boss. I like that you volunteer in your community but there are defiantly some changes that need to be made
Pros
volunteering in your community
High paced, yet rewarding work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wood Village, ORJuly 25, 2016
Typical day involves throwing over-stock, assisting customers in many different ways, and selling customers a variety of memberships and services. I have learned customer service and team leaderships skills. Management works hard and is always keeping an ear open to their employers. Co-workers could work harder, but are good with customers service. The hardest part of the job is working with extremely rude customers who attack you personally when something doesn't go there way. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I not only achieve, but exceed my personal goals in sales.
Creating memories with their new home on wheels
RV Sales (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 5, 2016
Walking into work knowing that you're possibly going to make someone's dream come true on purchasing something they always wanted. I've learned that trust and patience with a customer will lead you to success and repeat business. The management have started from the bottom and worked their way up. It helps us trust each other and work smooth together. If you need any product training or help with a customer a co worker will always be there for you. If you don't have the answer the co-workers were there to help. I can honestly say there was nothing hard about this job. You should love what you do. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that someone purchased an item that they did not need but worked for. They are creating memories and eventually will upgrade.
Pros
Everyone treats you like family
good job
Assistant service writer/ Facility Liason (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Over the past year of working at camping world I have learned a lot in the rv and service department, but feel that it is time to move on in my career and hat I have out frown my position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camping World and Good Sam. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9