Camping World and Good Sam

Camping World and Good Sam Employee Reviews in United States

Just awful
Retail Sales Manager/OEM Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 18, 2016
I would never recommend a career with this company at all. Way to volatile place to work. Not a productive place at all. It lacks the personal touch that it once had. Very saddening.
This was a very slow paced environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJJuly 18, 2016
I did not enjoy this position
I felt I was wasting my day
There appeared to be no organization-Emplyees did as they pleased
Worst experience with an unsupportive management base.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COJuly 16, 2016
I am not surprised they are once again looking for a lot porter. I spent five weeks there being harassed daily by two lot porters. They did the right thing by getting rid of the one porter, but kept the biggest a-hole of them all, then tried to turn on me instead of addressing the problem the proper way. Service Manager has no backbone and is afraid of doing his job the proper way.

Unless you want to settle for a mindless job that truly has no challenge, go for it.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list!
Nice People to work with
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 16, 2016
Great customers to work with who were local and others who were just traveling through town. Co workers were great to work with also.
very fun and exciting
rv transporter (Current Employee) –  Wood Village, ORJuly 10, 2016
There is nothing typical about what I do for this company because my assignment always changes I could be local in Oregon and then sent to WA. or Cali, maybe even Idaho. During my time hear I have learn how to be a team player everyones job goes hand in hand from the sales floor all the way down lot porters to bring the trailers out front to me for delivery and then the service department to fix any defects on the trailers. I get along with all my co workers if I need help they are all right there for me, I'd have to say the hardest part of my job is dealing with angry customers, from late deliveries, to things not being fixed like they should but things do happen and everything does get resolved.
Pros
excellent crew
Cons
not enough work
Enjoy the work and concern about compensation plan
OEM Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  MissouriJuly 10, 2016
Good working environment however, a very low base and no opportunity for additional commission. A lot of changes from the original position that I was offered
Had very good pay
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 8, 2016
Did not want to work full time
But I did like my job
Got have off at things I bought there
I liked the people that I worked with
Learned how to work on my RV
Pros
Cook out every week
Cons
Not enoughtime off
Pushy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 8, 2016
Been with the company for a while. Atmosphere has changed from helping customers to pushing memberships, credit cards, and other things that will make the company money. I love helping customers with their needs but hate my upper management beating up all associates on pushing unnecessary products on unsuspecting customers.
Pros
Love the retail manager- helpful, knows her stuff
Cons
being beat down all the time by the General manager about memberships
Camping World
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coco River, FLJuly 1, 2016
Too many people work there, the big sales manager's are too busy on the computer. The fact is they have no parking. You make minimum wage. Other sales people ,don't want you there. They are always looking for help.

You must float to get a desk, lot of systems to learn . Too many goofy schedules, you must volunteer ever 90 days 8 hours to some list of Camping World Choice . Which they dont tell you about when hired they want free advertising. You will get Road side assistance. But it's a culture that is fake.

The entire sales force all smoke it's a fish bowl there.
Pros
Off the freeway
Cons
Lots of systems to learn. Lot of sales people to compete with.
Poor management
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, OHJune 26, 2016
Loved my job, co-workers, and customers. The retail manager knew nothing of the business or how to run the store. All she done was read e-mails and scream at workers at the end of the day.
Pros
pay, co-workers
Cons
management
Shady payroll policies
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 24, 2016
I started as a sales rep with a salary of 500/wk. My first paycheck had one full weeks pay since I started on Friday, the first day of the pay period. I worked 6 days and 46.25 hours, with Tuesday the only day off. My first check was deposited at $257. I had no benefits and they do a a 3% auto enrollment. I know my tax rate is not 45.5%, so they are cheating me. I have requested my pay stub, but they do not automatically give. You have to go to ADP; however, they never gave me a registration number to do so.
Pros
Not any that I see
Cons
Long hours in hot sun, shady practices
great work place
Service writer (Former Employee) –  Byron, GAJune 15, 2016
Writing up reports on rv's. Working up work orders on what repairs need to be made. Talking with and reporting to manufacturers about warranty issues. I learned to deal with customers as well as business. coworkers and managers were great. Hardest part of the job was making sure the repairs got done in time and to customers liking. the best part of the job was working with great people.
Great Company and good advancement oppurtunity
Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJune 5, 2016
Typical day was to check online system ensure no issues or problems from prior day. Check emails and respond accordingly.
Take stock of new units and have pictures taken and uploaded to website. Distribute website requests to appropriate departments.
Co-workers were generally very good to work with the occasional person no one wanted to work with.
Hardest part of the job was integrating website sales and leads with actual sales floor. This may have changed as it was back in 2008 but for the prior three years it had been a constant battle with may of the individuals. The other departments took it extremely well and ran with any ideas or new procedures but sales was a constant battle. It was however slowly heading in the right direction.
Pros
Good Management and decent benefits
Cons
Hours flexibility and job culture was not that good
Great hours
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holiday, FLJune 1, 2016
Best hours in retail, evenings off, minimum hours on weekends. Store is linked to dealership which gets preference. Management business oriented.
Provides wonderful benefits and excellent salaries.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCMay 31, 2016
Work was very stressful and hard to find a work-life balance, however the money earned and competitive pay made up for all of the stress. Free lunches, company parties, and felt like you were working with family.
Not a bad place to work
RV Technician (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 29, 2016
Allows me to put to use all of my technical expertise in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, Heating, Air conditioning. Also allows for me to have contact with customers to advise in day to day use of an RV.
Poor Management, lousy corporate atmosphere
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMay 20, 2016
There isn't much I can say that's positive about this company. The push of memberships, and product protection plans is ridiculous. The store manager pushes employees to hate working there. The service manager only wants to make sure he hits his monthly goals by closing work that hasn't been performed. The General Manager is a nice guy, buy in the end was inexperienced and only focused on the sales department.
Pros
Nice discount
Cons
Management, lack of raises, corporate structure
Good Place to work when management has you back
Internet/BDC Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2016
New Management can always be hard, however, it is a good place to work if the truth is always there. Overall a good place to work.
Long hours without breaks
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 5, 2016
No time off for lunches or breaks. Able to advance if willing to put in the time. Interesting clientele and fun atmosphere
not fun at all
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 2, 2016
this place will work you to death, no such thing as 15 minute break, no promotions, management on drugs. the people were cool to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camping World and Good Sam. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9