Camping World and Good Sam

Camping World and Good Sam Employee Reviews

I have learned a lot about myself and my communication with others!
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Louisville TennesseeAugust 2, 2015
I have learned a lot and feel I have become a better communicater. I have become more detail oriented and more focused on the task at hand. It is in sales however, and I have to be there to make money. At this time, I need more time with my family.
Mediocre Job
Service Writer (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits
Cons: Poor management, doesn't care about employees, too much drama, long hours for salaried with no extra pay.
If you don't mind angry customers calling day in and day out about parts that were ordered a month ago and are still not in due to corporate's "process" of getting parts in then this is the job for you. All of the corporate processes for this company are a joke. It is said that for this company the employees come first and the customer second. I find no validity to that statement whatsoever. It is all about the passion (love) for money with the management team I work for. The Bible states that "the love of money is the root of all evil," well here you go. I'm done with them and ready to move on.
Great people to work with
Service technician (Current Employee), AlbuquerqueJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Great support from colleagues and management
Cons: Lot of hours during busy season
Decided to take on RV technician as a second career after retiring last year. Was worried about investing a lot of money in tools of the trade when I wasn't sure if I would be successful or accepted by the experienced techs. I'm glad I did. Camping world albuquerque service dept has an unusual group of people who work well together, are willing to share their knowledge, experience, and tools, and actively work to make sure "new jacks" are successful. I highly recommend camping world albuquerque service department for anyone seeking a new job or career.
Great nurses
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Waukon, IAJuly 14, 2015
Great place to work at and great nurses. Great way to get your foot in the door. Awesome residents. I learn a lot from working there. This is what I am truly born to do.
Very interesting
Elissa Causey - Manager (Current Employee), Winter GardenJuly 12, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: not really any
You meet a lot of different people from interesting places. A learning experience. Good benefits. Makes you want to go camping.
not so good
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Kingston, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no personal life
you will end up questioning your employment everyday with the management here. i was once threatened my job 30+ times in the span of 3 days when the regional service director came to town. not because i didn't know what i was doing, but thats his management style
good place to work but no advancement
walk thru cordinator (Current Employee), North Little Rock ArkansasJuly 7, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no chance for advancement
look up deliveries for the day, help customers on floor and counter talk to customers on phone teach people how to use there camper
Just another dead end job that is just above flipin' bergers at Mickey D's
Parts Associate (Current Employee), FLJuly 2, 2015
The job is a pay check, pennies for all the hours of those who work on salary, starvation wages for the service writers during the off season.

Benefits are horrible, the CEO is too busy with his television show to care about the business. Upper management doesn't care at all about store level employees. Not enough retail staff in the stores, up to a point that all of the associates are having to do the jobs of 3 people.
Had great benefits, but lacked in management skills. loved the merchandiser job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ocala, FL/Ft Myers, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
The company was ok to work for, wish they had a management with a backbone to be fair and firm. Enjoyed learning about becoming a merchandiser.
Detailing Motor homes
Shop Attendant/Installer/ Detailer (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAMay 29, 2015
Get setup for detailing. Learn your detailing products. Ask a manager for help to make your job smoother. Coworkers are friendly. Making sure over sized
Managment
Marketing Director (Current Employee), Englewood, COMay 29, 2015
The management in itself is horrible and a violation of HR. The company is unethical and even though they have Harassment complaints filed against employees they still keep them. There's too many inner office relationships going on with the HR staff that if you report someone to HR they are most likely sleeping with someone from HR. The compensation is good but the benefits are horrible. The management team has no management leadership and no communication.
NONE
SALES - ACCESSORIES DEPARTMENT (Former Employee), Green, OHMay 13, 2015
Pros: MEET CLIENTS
Cons: BAD MGT
MEET CLIENTS
SELLING RV'S AND ACCESSORIES
MGT NOT RESPONSIVE TO EMPLOYEES OR CLIENTS NEEDS
CO WORKERS GOOD
CLIENTS GOOD AND SOME NOT SO GOOD
Great place to work but very little room for advancement.
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, ArizonaMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great workplace enviorment
Cons: Very expensive heath care
Make the daily schedule, doing cycle counts, get the store ready to open by putting out tills and opening up the store in the back office system. During the day I scan the stores outs, pull what we had in stock from the back room and order what we were out of. Weekly schedules were made 3weeks in advance. Trucks of 6 to 24 pallets were processed twice a week and were completed within a few hours. My employee's are great, most of them have been there for a long time and know what is expected of them on any given day. The hardest part about the job is that their are two different company's that work under the same roof and they do not always see eye to eye which creates friction in the store. Upper management / DM visits are very few and most of the time they were hired from outside of the company and they are too new to know much of anything about your business. Sometimes you will only see them once or twice a year, so there are a ton of conference calls which in turn makes managements job more difficult due to the fact we spend a lot of time in the office away from customers and the sales floor. Everyone on the retail side of the store gets along great has great customer service and gets the job done. That's the best part of the job. I learned that you have to have structure, great employee's and great leaders to be successful, to many cooks in the kitchen never works.
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Grain Valley MoApril 27, 2015
As Long as you worked in the parts department it was fun. Loved working with my manager. It was a fun place to work as long as the head guys minded their own business
not a good company
RV Certified Installer (Former Employee), Robertsdale, ALApril 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: not a good place to work
work all day for nothing never happy with what you did would find ways to cut your pay make you do jobs you couldn't make any money on
productive work place
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Dover, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: very nice people
Cons: hard to reach at a time in need
My Position at Camping World was driving from location to location picking up and dropping off orders. Very busy and made the day go faster.
I enjoyed the job quite a bit. The people were very gratful to have there homes fixed and ready to go in a quickly mannor.
Technician (Former Employee), Robertsdale, ALApril 17, 2015
I would diagnose issues with campers and then fix them at the end of the day. I learned electrical and mechanical skills that i still use today. Management was great, and so were the coworkers. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the customers. The most enjoyable part was seeing my finished work.
Ton of room for advancement
Manager (Current Employee), Grain ValleyApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Not many
Great company they do take care of their people. You have to work hard but you are rewarded. We are growing at a rapid rate so tons of fun things going on
good company
eCommerce Buyer (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYMarch 24, 2015
camping world is a good company, has provided room for advancement and had a good work/life balance provided in a team environment
Good place to work for if your a salesman or a service writer.
Sale (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: bad employee enviorment, bad competition amoungst coworkers
a typical day I dealt with a variety of different people.All I did was listen to the co workers complain how the pay is not fair. Some people had to work harder then others. None of the employees got along. I learned that I do not want an RV. The management was okay. The general manager of the store should be a little nicer and value the employees more. He is more into how much the store is making from the sales and service side. The store didn't meant much to him. The most enjoyable part of the camping world job was that the radio station would come out and have little events there. also on certain Saturdays they would BBQ hot dogs for the community that came in. The hardest part of campingworld was dealing with the employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Camping World and Good Sam

Camping World Inc. is America's largest recreational vehicle (RV), outdoor accessory and service retailer. Good Sam is the world’s – Read more

Camping World and Good Sam Salaries