Camping World and Good Sam

Camping World and Good Sam Employer Reviews

Good for expanding Knowledge
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Statesville, NCOctober 9, 2013
Good company to expand knowledge and get a variety of experience.
Constantly Changing Work Environment, Good pay and benefits
Member Services Call Advisor (Former Employee), Englewood, COOctober 7, 2013
It's constantly changing as a workplace since the merger with Camping World. Management is always changing and the terms of success along with it. There is room for advancement however the goals and culture is unclear. It does pay well however. A decent place to work albeit a changing place to work
Rental Agent/Parts Assoc./Receptionist/Title Clerk (Former Employee), Statesville, NCOctober 1, 2013
I really enjoyed working at Camping World. It was like being a part of a large family.
productive and fast paced
RV Sales Consultant / RV Service Writer (Former Employee), Burlington, WASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: training courses
Cons: healthcare, 401k, promotions, advancement
I am not very impressed with this company. I worked there for 4 years with out a raise and nothing but broken promises for advancement.
Friendly enviorment
installer (Former Employee), Fairfield, CASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: pay
A typical day is very busy. I learned that I can do anything as long as I put my mind to it. Management very understanding. My co-workers were great. Hardest part was having to learn a product on my own.
Smiles from people who travel America
Parts Specialist/Keyholder (Current Employee), Bartow, FLAugust 29, 2013
Pros: welcoming positive fellow employees
Cons: low club membership numbers during the off travel season
I enjoy working for the company. A typical day for me is to assist the customer, ensuring that the customer receives a personable experience locating product and with product identification concerning a special order item if necessary and selling the customer a membership to our company club. Another part of my daily activity is making certain product – more... is straight on the shelves and filled to capacity, checking tags and shelf labels for pricing accuracy and the need to order more product. I learned that the RV business of special ordering is specific to each individual vehicle and the securing of VIN numbers and paying close attention to detail and customer requests is of utmost importance. Management is most instrumental with advice and experience in regards to better service to the public, and they are very welcoming to the customers. My co-workers exhibit the same positive attitude that exudes from management, giving the customer a great shopping experience. The hardest part of my job is the slow season in RV-ing in which there are as little as 40 customers a day and our percentages of how many company memberships we sell are low due to repeat customers shopping daily who are already members. The most enjoyable part of my job is listening to the personal experiences the customers have had and the fun they have had in their RV travels. – less
I have enjoyed working with public in this area, but advancement is not an option, management is not approchable for serious needs.
Parts Specialist (Current Employee), Oakwood, GAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: i enjoy working with the public and helping anyone that i can.
Cons: i think the manadement need to stay in there position to supervise and assit, no chance for advancement, no pay increase in 5 years.
I have been the one employee that management could count on to be on time at any area of needed position. I have gone to other stores for fill in for absent or short personel. I have been the only one to make decisions when manager is not available, manager is floating around several stores, and does many shows for corporate.
Management is not concerned – more... with employee's long as the job gets done. This leaves the responsibility on those of us that will maintain our areas and are ready to do more than our job when ask. Some of my co-workers are there only to draw a paycheck and if they can do it without to much effort. The hardest part of my job is to maintain an excellent repore with the public that pays the bills for us all. I have many customers that will not deal with anyone but me, because they can count on me for proper service and parts. – less
Productive work place. One big happy family that loves RV's and Camping!
Bookkeeper/HR Manager (Current Employee), Hope Mills, NCAugust 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches and cook outs, longevity employees, and great ceo.
Cons: traveling for any camping related events (dover, races, training etc)
The most enjoyable part of working for Camping World is the absolute wonderful customers that I get to meet on a weekly basis. Whether they're local or traveling down from Canada it's great to meet these people, and try to learn more everyday to help them.
loves to travel
Service Writer/Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Swedesboro, NJAugust 5, 2013
Good company. Opps to travel. Learning experience. Nice commission rewards. Tickets to races.
gainful employment with rigid guidelines
Detail Manager/Custodian (Former Employee), Hamburg, NYJuly 10, 2013
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: very intolerable of any mistakes
Initially in charge of the detail crew....had foot surgery for arthritis and was then given a custodial position...and got let go
fun
Assistant Office Manager/ Tag and Title (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 13, 2013
I do tag and title work for Florida and deal with out of state deals. Enter in payables and pay the bills. I have learned alot about my job in a short amount of time. I have some amazing co workers. I enjoy all parts of my job!
Productive work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJune 11, 2013
Pros: great coworkers. lunch breaks. friendly working environment.
Cons: no p.a. system. large store. could use better management.
A typical day at work is nice. It's a great working environment and my coworkers are great. Running the register is nice and simple and taking care of the store and answering phones is what I actually like doing.
Amazing Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), AnthonyJune 10, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
Typical Sales job but the camping world is growing very fast!!! They care about there people and as well as customers, now a days that is very rare
Great team enviroment
Store Order Specialist (Current Employee), bowling green, kyJune 6, 2013
Very friendly co-workers with a tight knit family environment allow for enjoyable work days and a plethora of advancement opportunities
Detailer for campers and rv's
Team Leader (Former Employee), East Ridge, TnMay 30, 2013
Pros: worked outside and it was a very hands on job
Cons: poor management and very low pay
I washed, waxed and buffed out rv's and campers. I also painted undercaoting and detailed the inside and out. Management was not the best because corprate took over about the time I was coming in and a lot of cut backs we taking place.
learning a new trade
Service Technician (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXMay 19, 2013
was the opportunity to learn how to do something new. work and business practice was consistent
Always thinking forward, lot's of energy
Regional Vice President (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 10, 2013
Great leadership, always willing to step out on a limb and try something new. I learned how to be a dynamic communicator, and enjoyed the one-on-one time with my team members and my clients.
Socialable atmosphere
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee), Corsica, SDApril 21, 2013
I cook meals and deliver them to residents. I have learned to pay close attention to detail.
3rd shift
CNA (Former Employee), Pontiac, ILApril 17, 2013
Pros: good pay, great nurses
Cons: older equipment, extremely short on staff
Come into work and do a bed check, bed check was done atleast every 2 hours, and as needed, washed wheel chairs and shower chairs, start getting residents up for the day.

This facility had a very low census. not enough co workers to help cover shifts through flu season.

Management was terrible, she was new and came and tried to change everything, – more... the shifts went from 12 hours to 8 hours and a lot of people left. several mandated shifts atleast 3 every week.

the pay was good – less
Exciting, fun environment with opportunity for growth.
Senior Recruiting Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee), Chicago HeadquartersApril 2, 2013
Pros: fast-paced, good leadership
Camping World has positions open throughout the country and growing at a good pace. There is tremendous opportunity for someone to really grow and develop in their career.

About Camping World and Good Sam

Camping World Inc. is America's largest recreational vehicle (RV), outdoor accessory and service retailer. Good Sam is the world’s – Read more