Camping World and Good Sam Employee Reviews

Fun Job
RV Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strafford, MOAugust 11, 2017
This is a fun job that is a lot of hard work. Long, Hot days. Benefits are expensive and no paid time off. Plenty of places you can grow your career with.
Pros
Free lunch, Fun Job
Cons
No paid time off, Benefits are expensive
Terrible environment
RV Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 9, 2017
Not a a good place to work. Employees drinking on the job, high in the bathrooms, hiding and not working, terrible communication between any and to any sort of management.
Pros
Cons
to many
Poor General Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 4, 2017
General Manager is a control freak but knows nothing. Everyone is stressed all the time and the new GM takes vacation after vacation. No leadership. Does not lead by example and if you disagree with him watch out.
Pros
Loacation, co-workers
Cons
No work life balance. Bad Management
Too much middle management
Receptionist and Title and Storage Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLAugust 2, 2017
This Company has a hard time hiring good local management. When they hire someone good, they move on because of the work load or how they are ask to treat their people by middle management. Enjoyed most of my years with them but just got that one manager in and I was close to retirement age so I left the company.
waste of time
Service Writer/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Holiday, FLAugust 2, 2017
they have jobs posted that do not exist, dont waste your time, front desk not professional and manager wont leave his office to meet people. Unprofessional phone answering skills
Pros
Cons
not worth your time
This is a filler job not a career choice
Lot Porter (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 2, 2017
Even with the outlook of being able to learn from anywhere, this workplace does not have much to offer. There is no room for advancement. The benefits package is horrible. The best part about this job is that there are some good people working here.
Cons
Benefits, Pay
Flat rate, no $
Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 30, 2017
We went to flat rate with a raise but still made less money and I work hard but it does not pay off, You do not get paid to diag warranty work so you are working for free. I worked 99 hour pay period and got 67 hours, either wrong parts, cant find the parts or was given to another customer, so you just wasted an hour tying to make money.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
No one is happy with there job.
Good compensation ... driven by results primarily
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2017
Good company to work for however they are working through a lot of growing pains. I recommend them as an employer and can honestly say much of what was said in the past about "turn and burn" culture has changed.
low work load
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 27, 2017
work load was very speratic and not much other than warranty wich gave service a bad name the training provided for technicians almost does not exist.
Pros
nation wide
Cons
bad reputation
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 25, 2017
I showed customers rv told them everything about it. And then i brought them back inside. And then I got a commitment from them then closed the deal.
Training is terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 18, 2017
After almost the whole day of trying to get paperwork to fill out, they finally bring it to us and have us fill it out. There was no training and no direction whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
Terrible when it comes to training
Pretty good
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 18, 2017
The people you work for aren't judgmental at all. They didn't care that I had a unique hair color or tattoos. They do have an open door policy to handle issues and the only thing I would say I didn't really like was the long hours. I loved that I could express myself how I wanted. They truly care about you. I would go back to work for them any time.
Pros
hour lunch break (varies) pay . communication
Cons
long days
Fun place to work, employee morale is great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 16, 2017
Great place to work where you can make good money. The company is terrible when it comes to home and work balance. If you have children forget it. It's all about the money and what you can do for them.
Pros
Free soda, coffee and cappuccino
Cons
With the demand of the job I wish the lunch breaks would be longer
Good place
Service Manager/Service Sales Manger (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARJuly 11, 2017
Good place to work. The working hours are too long and the place could use more staff. The benefits are pretty good and it seems like the company cares about you.
Golf carts
Technician (Current Employee) –  Kaysville, UTJuly 3, 2017
service side is very busy year round. she's is slow in winter time for 3 months. Management is going down hill bad in service. Sales has great mangers. Garbage benefits
Pros
great place to work love my coworkers plenty of overtime free food for lunch Saturday's
Cons
Management is running it into the ground
Good benefits and pay. Bad management and teamwork
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYJune 22, 2017
They had good benefits and good pay, but the management is all terrible and do not care about employees other than when it makes them money. The managers were incapable of figuring out true problem areas and almost always responded with firing employees for no real reason. 0 communication between departments and team members.
great job but no flexability
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 22, 2017
the hours didn't work with my schedule bus schedule was terrible took me 2 hours to get home during the week and on weekends had to schedule a pick up because buses dont run that late.
Fun place to work and great people to work with
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 20, 2017
I love working with the parts department. There is always something new to learn and study. The managers are great and so helpful with everything. Small enough store to not be overwhelming, but enough store to keep you ony your toes.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
When the season is slow, theres not a lot to do ever. Not too many customers come in.
Never good enough
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 19, 2017
Constantly pushed to sell memberships but nothing is ever good enough. Was laid off after two years, second longest employee at this location, due to "budget cuts" but my sales numbers were one of the highest of the entire team. Even though I was told otherwise, I believe the true reason I was let go was due to my seeking better opportunities elsewhere. Advancement was promised, and then given to someone from outside of the company multiple times. As a job, it was good. Good money, simple retail position. As a company, it leaves much to be desired.
Pros
Full time-decent benefits
Cons
Short breaks, money not worth it
The Worst Place I Have EVER Worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 17, 2017
A typical day is 12 hours or more. You work every Saturday and only every other Sunday off. You are constantly on your phone on your off days because they expect you to give out your personal cell number to customers.The manager talks to you like you are worthless with name calling. Selling campers is the easy part. Getting paid for your job is the hard part. They find every reason to dock your pay WHEN they decide to pay you period. They expect you to lie to customers. The atmosphere is unlike any I've ever worked, but will NEVER work again. Unmoral leadership to say the least.
Pros
Talking to customers about experiences camping.
Cons
Too many to list. PAY for the amount of hours tops the list.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Camping World and Good Sam. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9