Campus Advantage

Campus Advantage Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Community Assistant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 29, 2015
It molded me to be a better professional. I learned a lot and really enjoyed working there. The residents are the typical college students, you must not take the job personal.
okay company
Assistant General Manager/ Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Baton RougeFebruary 6, 2015
Its a nice job and you can really make good money. There is not much order and structure in the accounts payable and receivable departments.
a big joke
Community assistant (Former Employee), NCFebruary 5, 2015
Cons: everything
This company provides little to no consideration about their employees. They feed you this "students first" motto but will pull surprise mandatory meetings without proper notice. The on call phone they make you carry and dont pay you for having keeps you from making trips to the library or geoup meetings because ifnyou miss a call they will fire you.Turnover happens so often that you wonder if you will have a job come next friday. Most of floating management is a joke and will hire or fire you based on what you look like or if they like you personally outside of work. The only way to move up is to have a personal relationship with your manager or whoever is making the decisions at the time. Hard work and loyalty means absolutely nothing. All of this for a minimum wage pay check that barely covers rent and leave you in need of a second job so you can put food on the table.
Nice area and great customers
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 13, 2014
Working day to day to assist students and ensure that there living areas were up to par. I learned alot about maintenance and some things that i may not have known before. My manager was very easy to talk to when i had problems and very helpful in my times of need. The hardest part of the job was trying to give every resident what they needed at all times and ensuring there happiness. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the work and making the residents happy with what was done.
Company caters to CEO and not to employees, politics are high with lots of Trojan horse and medieval tactics.
VP (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 29, 2014
Pros: fridays off during the summer, unless you were management
Cons: ceo is full of himself
The most enjoyable was working for some great peers but we all left, lots of contract work today.
Work at the corp office if you want to be a statistic
Accountant (Current Employee), Austin, TxMay 1, 2014
Pros: 401k, paid time off
Cons: the company's lack of leadership and value in its employees
There are still some good employees here, but they are not treated with respect or integrity, and turnover has skyrocketed over the past 12 months.

Confidentiality is not upheld in regards to employee terminations. Rumors are rampant in the corporate office of who is being let go next.

The company invests in hiring non industry experienced consultants to hold key positions, instead of investing in its own people or hiring experts in the industry.

The company culture was once thriving when the senior leadership team consisted of the right amount of qualified industry experienced leaders dedicated to the company, the culture and its people.
A lot of turn over
Corporate office employee (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 29, 2014
Pros: if you work for a good manager you can learn
Cons: employees are not valued
High turn over at properties and at the corporate office.

Senior leadership is out of touch with both what happens at the properties and what people do at the corporate office.There are multiple (unnecessary) levels of management, which requires double and triple reporting, costing the on-site and corporate team valuable hours. Corporate employees work/life balance depends on who you work for.

Operation VP's and regional managers are very knowledgeable and most seem genuinely invested in mentoring staff. The company advertises they have a good culture, but it is dwindling fast with all of the good people who have left in the past 12-18months.
Coworkers
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MSApril 20, 2014
A typical day here can be very hectic because students are involved. You have to cater to each student's need. Management needs a little work.
Immature group of inexperienced people.
Leasing (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCApril 9, 2014
Extreme issue of breaking fair housing laws. Will not pay you on time. Bad reputation in general.
Many opportunities to interact with students
Assistant Food Services Director (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: parking and meals.
I enjoyed working for Campus Advantage. They cared about the students and staff. The environment was always upbeat and positive. The staff were like family.
Good
Community Assistant (Former Employee), College Station, TXDecember 2, 2013
Provided prospective residents with information regarding the community, tour of the complex and followed-up on resident status. Responsible for drafting leases, updating information in the OneSite database and responding to prospective residents emails. Organized monthly events for the residents in assigned buildings to develop sense of community
Community Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 28, 2013
Through guidance and transitons I was able to grow over the years learning many invaluble skills.
Productive and Busy workplace with helpful management
Community/Leasing Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: rent covered, commission
Cons: bi-weekly payment, non-hourly work pay
A typical day at work consists of maintaining the front desk, and assisting any resident/prospect in any questions or requests he/she may have. I learned to use my communication skills to connect with the resident to make sure they were satisfied. My co-workers were students such as myself so they understood when someone needed a shift covered or needed help with anything. Our management listened to requests and did what they could to make sure the staff and residents were happy with activities and duties. The hardest part of being a leasing assistant was to find prospects that had the resources and time to complete all paperwork. The most enjoyable part was hosting/attending many of the communities events.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), GreenVille SCMay 6, 2013
Pros: love the enviorment
Cons: too far way
I enjoyed my time with the staff, I learn a lot and meet awesome people.
Open around 9am, start my day with a great message for the board for the residents and staff,
make phone call regarding housing information,
write notices for one who were late in payment and who took payments, file and log into system what needed to be done.
put out mail
fax, scan, or copy things for staff or residents
show apartments and go over floor plans and what was available
Worst managed company I have EVER experienced
Leasing Agent (Former Employee), RichmondDecember 5, 2012
Pros: if the manager liked you, you could do what you wanted
Cons: since she hated me, i was treated badly
They have an on site manager, mine was a CLOWN, who was terribly mean to most residents, and a majority of the staff. Played favorites like it was high school! It was unreal. They DO NOT pay out the commissions as promised, and when payroll or HR is contacted, they give you the run around. It was stressful, and one of the worst experiences in my life.
Helping people is a wonderful feeling!
Property Manager - SunStone Apartments (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: everyday is different, and great people to work with and service.
Cons: hours are not flexible.
A great industry to work in. I have been in the industry for 15 years, and enjoy the work. Lots of fun!!
Just another greedy corporate
Leasing (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, texas management co is greedy !!!
Working with the students and parents was great, never a dull day. I learned there are two sides to every story. Their was a high turnover there, but most of the co-workers were great. The hardest part was quoting people the amount of the rent. As management is greedy. Upper management does not care about employee or resident .
Money is all they care about.
extremely nice work place with great staff!
Community Assistant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 31, 2012
Pros: employees
Cons: the pay
I tour people around the community trying to sell a new apartment to the prospects, i handle resident complaint and work orders. I've learned a lot more about customer service. The management is absolutely impeccable! I have never met such a great staff before! The hardest part of the job is the schedule itself, and the best part is the employees.
Fun place to work, excellent work life balance
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 27, 2012
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: not very challenging
CA was a fun place to work. The staff was very friendly. The team was very organized with documented training modules and guides for all processes.