Campus Advantage Employee Reviews

Very professional
Resident Life Director (Current Employee) –  State College, PAJuly 7, 2017
It's a very nice company to work for and they really encourage their employees to succeed. I've really enjoyed my time there. They are a company that will put resources into their employees.
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 22, 2017
Campus Advantage was a productive job. I learned a lot working for them. They were always there to assist whenever you needed. The atmosphere was a great one.
Ineffective at managing their employees
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 16, 2017
The company is not capable of finding the true problems in their offices. They place enormous pressure on their employees and do not recognize the hard work and efforts that are performed by the staff. They overlook gross incompetence in the top leadership and are unable to see the truth when it is staring them in the face. They value only numbers and do what it takes to save face at the expense of the hard working and caring employees who are more expendable.
Pros
Corporate involvement in local operations.
Cons
Unreasonable expectations, favoritism, inability to be objective in finding the problems in the office.
Nice facility
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 26, 2017
Expected to do a lot of work for a little bit of pay. Pay should be increased for leasing agents because they handle a lot of things on site. Corporate is very poor in selecting management.
This position gave me additional Customer Service experience
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 20, 2017
Leasing Consultation for apartment residency, strong Customer service, Alpha/Numeric Data Entry, Multi-task management skills, Peer mediation, Cash management of new residents, Showing of property
unhappy
maintenance / babysitter (Former Employee) –  usaNovember 15, 2016
There on boarding process stinks with no human contact, wasted 2 weeks of my time that i did not get paid for after i had left my current position. fore weeks to get me in the door. misrepresented the position, told me it was a maintenance supervisor position and all i did was supervise the clean up after the students vomited and urinated all over the place on a nightly basis. The residents through garbage everywhere and just plain acted like JDs. management would never hold any of the thugs and punks accountable for there actions, even with cameras every 3 feet recording every thing they did. got out of there fast
Pros
Cons
to many
Workplace
ASSISTANT & INTERIM LEASING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 2, 2016
Rewarding, fun, and exciting place to work while going through college. Helps you obtain experience, work ethic, and helps you financially with your place to live.
Fun
Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 1, 2016
Campus advantage was very fun. Not a day went by that I didn't enjoy working for them. I hate the property was sold or I would've still been there.
Disorganized, not very employee driven.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 24, 2016
We were taken over by this management company. The transition has been stressful and not much consideration is given to the employees who are at the property making the place run.
Promotionally Competitive and Residentially Resourceful Place with Plenty Amenities
Leasing Agent/Tier 1 Tech (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 26, 2016
Most days were spent calling and logging future residents into the company database. Follow-up calls and customer service to current residents was an everyday thing. I learned how much preparation and time goes into coordinating meetings with employees and prospects, planning and executing events, and maintaining a healthy relationship with the property, clientele and co-workers alike. The most challenging part of the job was finding creative new ways to attract more consumers. I was the top-leaser in the company and well respected when it came to customer service. Also, I would manage and coordinate majority network and technical issues inside the office and around the premises. From responding technical support calls to fixing the printer in the technology center, I was the Extensive Networks on property representative.
Pros
Free food, Fun Events, Family Environment
Cons
Management Miscommunication, Shady in-office atmosphere, Scheduling
Productive and Educational Setting
The Knox Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 22, 2016
The management team is incredible and has always been flexible when necessary. They have taught me everything that I know about leasing and have given me an entirely new perspective on how to be a professional. I enjoy our work environment and the fun team around me.
Pros
Coworkers have become my close friends
Worst management company ever!!!
Leasing Agent/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 14, 2015
They only have one property in Baton Rouge unfortunately, the management sucks!! They are all un professional! And rules only apply to certain people.... This property fairway view is a joke!
Pros
Cons
Managers, pay, everything else
Great culture high energy
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  TALLAHASSEE,FLSeptember 16, 2015
Fun place to work, teaches an array of skills that can be used in any career, teaches the importance of soft skills and networking, allows you to expereiance leadership roles
Pros
Free rent
Horrible property
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chapel hill ncAugust 10, 2015
The property that I worked on is approximately 30years old with most units having the original appliances and air conditioning. Have fun getting up at 3 am to a water leak from a rusted out water heater that has flooded 2-3 units. The worst part of the job is the summer time when you have to turn 180 units in 90 days all with a team of very inexperienced technicians and temps. The management will assign tasks and before you can even start the one they have added three more. All this while trying to manage a budget , maintain inventory levels and assist vendors with the many problems that consistently arise. Page after page of work orders for apts that were just recently turned. 5-6 different types of ac . When an ac needs replacing they buy the cheapest possible units. With no one to do the warranty work. A company that has no interest in anything but the bottom line.
Pros
The property is in chapel hill
Cons
Everything else
As new employee
Assistant Property Manager/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2015
A typical day consist of 10 hour days deal with conflict resolutions, team motivation. I enjoy working with my co-workers because when we know how to pool together to meet deadlines. Our corporate management team can be difficult at times. The hardest part of the job would be getting assistance from corporate. The most enjoyable part of my job is the continued learning.
Pros
The team I work with
Cons
Training & Support
the most enjoyable part of the job
Resident Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing up all 400 units before the school semester start and planning the welcome to your new home block party.
Nice place to work.
National Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2015
CA had a positive environment and I enjoyed my time there. My fellow workers were intelligent and cooperative. The company was expanding, so there were interesting challenges along the way.
Pros
Fun atmosphere.
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 29, 2015
It molded me to be a better professional. I learned a lot and really enjoyed working there. The residents are the typical college students, you must not take the job personal.
okay company
Assistant General Manager/ Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Baton RougeFebruary 6, 2015
Its a nice job and you can really make good money. There is not much order and structure in the accounts payable and receivable departments.
a big joke
Community assistant (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 5, 2015
This company provides little to no consideration about their employees. They feed you this "students first" motto but will pull surprise mandatory meetings without proper notice. The on call phone they make you carry and dont pay you for having keeps you from making trips to the library or geoup meetings because ifnyou miss a call they will fire you.Turnover happens so often that you wonder if you will have a job come next friday. Most of floating management is a joke and will hire or fire you based on what you look like or if they like you personally outside of work. The only way to move up is to have a personal relationship with your manager or whoever is making the decisions at the time. Hard work and loyalty means absolutely nothing. All of this for a minimum wage pay check that barely covers rent and leave you in need of a second job so you can put food on the table.
Pros
Cons
everything