Campus Advantage Employee Reviews in United States

Promotionally Competitive and Residentially Resourceful Place with Plenty Amenities
Leasing Agent/Tier 1 Tech (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMarch 26, 2016
Most days were spent calling and logging future residents into the company database. Follow-up calls and customer service to current residents was an everyday thing. I learned how much preparation and time goes into coordinating meetings with employees and prospects, planning and executing events, and maintaining a healthy relationship with the property, clientele and co-workers alike. The most challenging part of the job was finding creative new ways to attract more consumers. I was the top-leaser in the company and well respected when it came to customer service. Also, I would manage and coordinate majority network and technical issues inside the office and around the premises. From responding technical support calls to fixing the printer in the technology center, I was the Extensive Networks on property representative.
Pros
Free food, Fun Events, Family Environment
Cons
Management Miscommunication, Shady in-office atmosphere, Scheduling
Productive and Educational Setting
The Knox Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 22, 2016
The management team is incredible and has always been flexible when necessary. They have taught me everything that I know about leasing and have given me an entirely new perspective on how to be a professional. I enjoy our work environment and the fun team around me.
Pros
Coworkers have become my close friends
Worst management company ever!!!
Leasing Agent/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 14, 2015
They only have one property in Baton Rouge unfortunately, the management sucks!! They are all un professional! And rules only apply to certain people.... This property fairway view is a joke!
Pros
Cons
Managers, pay, everything else
Great culture high energy
Resident Director (Former Employee) –  TALLAHASSEE,FLSeptember 16, 2015
Fun place to work, teaches an array of skills that can be used in any career, teaches the importance of soft skills and networking, allows you to expereiance leadership roles
Pros
FREE RENT
Horrible property
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chapel hill ncAugust 10, 2015
The property that I worked on is approximately 30years old with most units having the original appliances and air conditioning. Have fun getting up at 3 am to a water leak from a rusted out water heater that has flooded 2-3 units. The worst part of the job is the summer time when you have to turn 180 units in 90 days all with a team of very inexperienced technicians and temps. The management will assign tasks and before you can even start the one they have added three more. All this while trying to manage a budget , maintain inventory levels and assist vendors with the many problems that consistently arise. Page after page of work orders for apts that were just recently turned. 5-6 different types of ac . When an ac needs replacing they buy the cheapest possible units. With no one to do the warranty work. A company that has no interest in anything but the bottom line.
Pros
The property is in chapel hill
Cons
Everything else
As new employee
Assistant Property Manager/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2015
A typical day consist of 10 hour days deal with conflict resolutions, team motivation. I enjoy working with my co-workers because when we know how to pool together to meet deadlines. Our corporate management team can be difficult at times. The hardest part of the job would be getting assistance from corporate. The most enjoyable part of my job is the continued learning.
Pros
The team I work with
Cons
Training & Support
the most enjoyable part of the job
Resident Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing up all 400 units before the school semester start and planning the welcome to your new home block party.
Nice place to work.
National Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2015
CA had a positive environment and I enjoyed my time there. My fellow workers were intelligent and cooperative. The company was expanding, so there were interesting challenges along the way.
Pros
Fun atmosphere.
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 29, 2015
It molded me to be a better professional. I learned a lot and really enjoyed working there. The residents are the typical college students, you must not take the job personal.
okay company
Assistant General Manager/ Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Baton RougeFebruary 6, 2015
Its a nice job and you can really make good money. There is not much order and structure in the accounts payable and receivable departments.
a big joke
Community assistant (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 5, 2015
This company provides little to no consideration about their employees. They feed you this "students first" motto but will pull surprise mandatory meetings without proper notice. The on call phone they make you carry and dont pay you for having keeps you from making trips to the library or geoup meetings because ifnyou miss a call they will fire you.Turnover happens so often that you wonder if you will have a job come next friday. Most of floating management is a joke and will hire or fire you based on what you look like or if they like you personally outside of work. The only way to move up is to have a personal relationship with your manager or whoever is making the decisions at the time. Hard work and loyalty means absolutely nothing. All of this for a minimum wage pay check that barely covers rent and leave you in need of a second job so you can put food on the table.
Cons
everything
Nice area and great customers
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 13, 2014
Working day to day to assist students and ensure that there living areas were up to par. I learned alot about maintenance and some things that i may not have known before. My manager was very easy to talk to when i had problems and very helpful in my times of need. The hardest part of the job was trying to give every resident what they needed at all times and ensuring there happiness. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the work and making the residents happy with what was done.
Company caters to CEO and not to employees, politics are high with lots of Trojan horse and medieval tactics.
VP (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 29, 2014
The most enjoyable was working for some great peers but we all left, lots of contract work today.
Pros
fridays off during the summer, unless you were management
Cons
ceo is full of himself
Work at the corp office if you want to be a statistic
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxMay 1, 2014
There are still some good employees here, but they are not treated with respect or integrity, and turnover has skyrocketed over the past 12 months.

Confidentiality is not upheld in regards to employee terminations. Rumors are rampant in the corporate office of who is being let go next.

The company invests in hiring non industry experienced consultants to hold key positions, instead of investing in its own people or hiring experts in the industry.

The company culture was once thriving when the senior leadership team consisted of the right amount of qualified industry experienced leaders dedicated to the company, the culture and its people.
Pros
401k, paid time off
Cons
the company's lack of leadership and value in its employees
A lot of turn over
Corporate office employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2014
High turn over at properties and at the corporate office.

Senior leadership is out of touch with both what happens at the properties and what people do at the corporate office.There are multiple (unnecessary) levels of management, which requires double and triple reporting, costing the on-site and corporate team valuable hours. Corporate employees work/life balance depends on who you work for.

Operation VP's and regional managers are very knowledgeable and most seem genuinely invested in mentoring staff. The company advertises they have a good culture, but it is dwindling fast with all of the good people who have left in the past 12-18months.
Pros
if you work for a good manager you can learn
Cons
employees are not valued
Coworkers
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 20, 2014
A typical day here can be very hectic because students are involved. You have to cater to each student's need. Management needs a little work.
Immature group of inexperienced people.
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 9, 2014
Extreme issue of breaking fair housing laws. Will not pay you on time. Bad reputation in general.
Many opportunities to interact with students
Assistant Food Services Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2014
I enjoyed working for Campus Advantage. They cared about the students and staff. The environment was always upbeat and positive. The staff were like family.
Pros
parking and meals.
Good
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 2, 2013
Provided prospective residents with information regarding the community, tour of the complex and followed-up on resident status. Responsible for drafting leases, updating information in the OneSite database and responding to prospective residents emails. Organized monthly events for the residents in assigned buildings to develop sense of community
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2013
Through guidance and transitons I was able to grow over the years learning many invaluble skills.

2.7