Campus Crusade for Christ Employee Reviews in United States

Missionary Sending Organization
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2016
Data entry of reimbursement expense forms and online reports into People Soft. Keying statistics into Excel Spreadsheet. I learned a lot about the organization as a whole, and considered my job a ministry, not just a job.
Pros
Christian work envionment
Fun summer job
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 16, 2016
Lots of fun working with the kids, good people to work with, the managers were frazzled at times because not enough people applied to work so they were short counselors but they made sure everything ran as smoothly as possible.
Pros
Fun kids, good environment
Cons
Short work length, busy days, not enough counselors
Rewarding
Staff (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 1, 2016
Opportunity to work with a ministry that makes an eternal difference by helping to give everyone a chance to see JESUS - a 90 minute film on the life of Jesus Christ.
Good organization with a great vision
Campus Ministry Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2012
For the most part this is a good organization to work for, but the management can be a bit immature (often people in their mid to late 20s are moved into major supervisory roles). Compensation is about what you would expect from a non-profit ministry.

One problem is that there is a lot of freedom and self management given to people who may not be ready to handle it.

On the positive- there are may long serving staff members who are happy to help younger staff. The reputation of the organization is stellar, and they have been able to operate for 60 years with few, if any, public scandals.
Pros
great place to learn ministry skills
Cons
low pay, must develop your own support
Positive organization which was productive and provides opportunity of growth as a person.
Financial Srvcs Grp Customer Srvc & OneCard Team (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2012
* Monday through Friday 8-5pm/no weekends
* I learned to understand Finances and how it operates
* Management were interested in growth as an individual and most importantly as an employee within our roles.
* Co-workers and I had boundaries which were important but worked as a team.
*The most challenging was working deadlines and finishing strong as well as working with difficult customers.
*The need to not be micro managed but trusted to complete the job.
Pros
positive ambience, benefits, flexibility
Cons
work load vs. availability of staff
job did not feel like a job but a mission, the assistance from upper management was always stellar and made focus on mission to be smooth
international representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 2, 2014
I always had a calendar with 15 minute increments of what I had to do daily and clear instructions. I learned that all people are either 'people oriented people' or 'time oriented people'. once that was clear to me, it made my part a lot more targeted and able to be accomplishible. co-workers seldomly changed, so being a close knit group was essential. the hardest part of the job was raising support in our home country for the work. it was on us to raise all we had to have to live and that meant extended times staying in America rather than being on the field. the most enjoyable part of the job was total freedom of creativity was given yet with structurable goals. the team work was amazing to me as each of us had families and balanced work and family, that was a tremendous feeling of accomplishment when all seemed to go smoothly, and the end result of that task is the happiness and stability of the children we raised in another world. all we did was greatly rewarding and I do not regret any moments in that entire experience.
Pros
always had opportunity to meet and really get to know others
Cons
time management was always in the forefront
A working team thoughtful and united.
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  PRNovember 1, 2015
The day started with prayer and then going over the agenda of upcoming events, making phone calls, preparing correspondence and reports. Also greeting visitors, giving counseling, organizing materials to be used in training to Christian college students, as well as to church members of a variety of local churches around the Island.

I was also in charge of lending educational movies to churches for a small donation.
Non-Profit with Great People and Hard work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJanuary 24, 2013
At the New Life Resource office work was hard but good. Innovation was slow in adaptation so it was hard to make it more efficient. Days were long with few breaks (if any). Sadly due to its nature we were understaffed in my department. So people were overworked. We had a good team but way too much work.

The only thing I enjoyed was the designing in the quiet times when most people went home.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
pay, benefits, time off, hours, work load.
productive ,sanitized,people friendly and ready to serve you
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Arrowhead Springs San Bernardino CA.July 29, 2015
a well learned experience.fast paced motivated enviroment for people wanting to learn as well as getting promoted at a fairly time of there employment.I learned how to work well under pressure as well as being multi tasked.My co workers were ready to learn as well as serving customers at a fast pace. The hardest part was that Im to nice and could never say no .Since Ive learned i need to complete my one tasks before I help my co workers. The best part was discounts on my days off. And being able to bring family and friends to pool area,BBQs..playing numerous sports and everything was at no cost.
Pros
Christian Organization, trust worthy enviroment and appouchable people
Cons
full time being on your feet and majorty of time needed workers to stay over time
Great ministry to work with!
Nielsen Company - Evening Survey Writer (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLJuly 8, 2013
Working with Cru was a fantastic opportunity. The biggest things to know before applying are to make sure that this is something that you feel called to and that you are comfortable with making calls to set up a financial support system.
Pros
make your own schedule, work with students
Cons
raise your own support
Productive and Fun Work place with an emphasis on Personal and Professtional Development and Spiritual Growth
Leadership Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2015
There is no such thing as a typical day. You learn how to trust and believe on a moment by moment basis, and get a chance to place into practice what you are learning personally and professionally in working with the people on your team, and others you and influencing and impacting. Your lifework and ministry are an outflow of your relationship with God, and there is joy in seeing people you are working with make significant growth steps resulting from the time investment and input into people's lives.
Pros
The Good Days when victories are taking place
Cons
The Bad Days when things don't work out so well, and you look ahead to the next day
Good learning experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 14, 2013
It was different every day.
Public speaking, lots personal development, and fund raising.
The management was involved but not overly so.
Great coworkers.
The hardest part was raising financial support.
Getting to travel.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
better suited for extraverts
Inspirational, Family, Meaningful
Ministry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 12, 2015
Working with CCC was one of the greatest experiences of my life. The work we did had a major impact on people's lives. The leadership team was amazing to work with and had great vision for the future.
Pros
Fun, Meaningful, positive
Caring work environment dedicated to spiritual growth
Missionary Intern (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 16, 2013
The main component of my job is providing spiritual mentoring to college age girls. I raised all of my own funding to be involved in Cru, so I stay in regular contact with my donors.
The most rewarding place I have ever worked
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2015
Happy to be at work. Opportunity to reach out
Great Opportunity to reach people to bring them to Christ,
Our job is not just sitting at a desk, it's touching hearts

Staff members both hourly and Supported Staff-we all have opportunity to tell what we do and why

Management is supportive of our efforts, our needs and take time to listen and to pray with and for us.

Co-workers are the best, all supportive of each other.

Hardest part of my day was going home

The world is at our feet and we can take initiative to share as we see fit. In the 6 years I worked here, I grew tremendously in my faith and in my love and concern for God's people, all the children of the world Most enjoyable were the smiles on the faces.
Pros
doing work God prepared me for
Cons
Not a thing
Such a wonderful growing experience
Campus Minister (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day for me would include meeting with two or three women, each individually. I would usually spend a couple of hours with each of them. Part of the time was spent walking through personal issues they were having, and the rest of the time was spent studying a book of the Bible. A couple of days a week I would also lead a large group co-ed Bible study. I learned so much about myself and how I interact with others. It also taught me a lot about time management. My co-workers were so wonderful. They encouraged me everyday to be a better "me". The hardest part of my job was being so richly invested in peoples lives. Sometimes people just don't take your advice. That hurts when you've poured your heart into them. The best part of my job was just the opposite. Seeing people really understand that you love them and want the best for them so they take your advice without question. That is so rewarding.
it was wonderful
Cru Team and Cru Compassion Team Member (Current Employee) –  chattanoogaJuly 20, 2015
it was great to be a part of great organization that help me do wide things to benefit with my degree and to get all the training i need
Great campus ministry
Men's Ministry Leader and Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Durham, NHJuly 17, 2014
Campus Crusade for Christ was one of the first college ministries I joined during my college career. It really helped me to develop my Christian faith. Additionally, I learned about how to run a college organization by joining the ministry's leadership board and helping to run a ministry for college men. Through this ministry I was able to mentor and be mentored by a lot of really good people.
Excellent Learning Experience
IT - HTML/SQL Programmer - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 4, 2014
I was able to be brought in on a project to work on where we were developing an inventory tracking system via a website form and save the data to an internal database. This would be used to track what was where and with whom, as there was not any similar system in place.

I learned how important it is to document everything you do as you are learning what works and what doesn't work, so that you are able to accurately and quickly show someone else what you did. I was able to learn more about connecting web page forms via PHP to database servers and storing the data in a table.

I enjoyed my time working their immensely and would love to do similar work again. My most enjoyable part of this job was being able to work with someone else as a team, as all my previous experience has all been on my own (School projects).
Pros
great work atmosphere and fantastic people!
Great Collaborative Group
Executive Board Member (Former Employee) –  University Park, PAMarch 11, 2015
I was heavily involved with CRU during my college days. The learning curve about the organization and it's objectives was a steep learning curve. Great place to be.
Pros
great culture
Cons
n/a

4.7