Campus Crusade for Christ

Campus Crusade for Christ Employee Reviews

it was wonderful
Cru Team and Cru Compassion Team Member (Current Employee), chattanoogaJuly 20, 2015
it was great to be a part of great organization that help me do wide things to benefit with my degree and to get all the training i need
Productive and Fun Work place with an emphasis on Personal and Professtional Development and Spiritual Growth
Leadership Development Consultant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: The Good Days when victories are taking place
Cons: The Bad Days when things don't work out so well, and you look ahead to the next day
There is no such thing as a typical day. You learn how to trust and believe on a moment by moment basis, and get a chance to place into practice what you are learning personally and professionally in working with the people on your team, and others you and influencing and impacting. Your lifework and ministry are an outflow of your relationship with God, and there is joy in seeing people you are working with make significant growth steps resulting from the time investment and input into people's lives.
The most rewarding place I have ever worked
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: doing work God prepared me for
Cons: Not a thing
Happy to be at work. Opportunity to reach out
Great Opportunity to reach people to bring them to Christ,
Our job is not just sitting at a desk, it's touching hearts

Staff members both hourly and Supported Staff-we all have opportunity to tell what we do and why

Management is supportive of our efforts, our needs and take time to listen and to pray with and for us.

Co-workers are the best, all supportive of each other.

Hardest part of my day was going home

The world is at our feet and we can take initiative to share as we see fit. In the 6 years I worked here, I grew tremendously in my faith and in my love and concern for God's people, all the children of the world Most enjoyable were the smiles on the faces.
Great Collaborative Group
Executive Board Member (Former Employee), University Park, PAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great culture
Cons: n/a
I was heavily involved with CRU during my college days. The learning curve about the organization and it's objectives was a steep learning curve. Great place to be.
Working with other addicts in recovery
Landscape Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: get to work with addicts in recovery
typically i would work with the clients, assist them with their problems, attend mandatory meetings with the clients and help maintain a safe environment for the clients.
Such a wonderful growing experience
Campus Minister (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day for me would include meeting with two or three women, each individually. I would usually spend a couple of hours with each of them. Part of the time was spent walking through personal issues they were having, and the rest of the time was spent studying a book of the Bible. A couple of days a week I would also lead a large group co-ed Bible study. I learned so much about myself and how I interact with others. It also taught me a lot about time management. My co-workers were so wonderful. They encouraged me everyday to be a better "me". The hardest part of my job was being so richly invested in peoples lives. Sometimes people just don't take your advice. That hurts when you've poured your heart into them. The best part of my job was just the opposite. Seeing people really understand that you love them and want the best for them so they take your advice without question. That is so rewarding.
job did not feel like a job but a mission, the assistance from upper management was always stellar and made focus on mission to be smooth
international representative (Former Employee), Newark, DEDecember 2, 2014
Pros: always had opportunity to meet and really get to know others
Cons: time management was always in the forefront
I always had a calendar with 15 minute increments of what I had to do daily and clear instructions. I learned that all people are either 'people oriented people' or 'time oriented people'. once that was clear to me, it made my part a lot more targeted and able to be accomplishible. co-workers seldomly changed, so being a close knit group was essential. the hardest part of the job was raising support in our home country for the work. it was on us to raise all we had to have to live and that meant extended times staying in America rather than being on the field. the most enjoyable part of the job was total freedom of creativity was given yet with structurable goals. the team work was amazing to me as each of us had families and balanced work and family, that was a tremendous feeling of accomplishment when all seemed to go smoothly, and the end result of that task is the happiness and stability of the children we raised in another world. all we did was greatly rewarding and I do not regret any moments in that entire experience.
Great campus ministry
Men's Ministry Leader and Leadership Team Member (Former Employee), Durham, NHJuly 17, 2014
Campus Crusade for Christ was one of the first college ministries I joined during my college career. It really helped me to develop my Christian faith. Additionally, I learned about how to run a college organization by joining the ministry's leadership board and helping to run a ministry for college men. Through this ministry I was able to mentor and be mentored by a lot of really good people.
Great place to work with great people.
Sr. Campus Staff-University of South Carolina (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 7, 2014
I will never regret my time at Campus Crusade for Christ. Among others things you get to travel and influence others for Christ. Raising your initial support is difficult but the rewards pay off in the end.
Useful leadership experience
Real Life Leader (Current Employee), Team LeaderJune 11, 2014
Learning how to organize large groups of people and getting things done.
Excellent Learning Experience
IT - HTML/SQL Programmer - Volunteer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 4, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere and fantastic people!
I was able to be brought in on a project to work on where we were developing an inventory tracking system via a website form and save the data to an internal database. This would be used to track what was where and with whom, as there was not any similar system in place.

I learned how important it is to document everything you do as you are learning what works and what doesn't work, so that you are able to accurately and quickly show someone else what you did. I was able to learn more about connecting web page forms via PHP to database servers and storing the data in a table.

I enjoyed my time working their immensely and would love to do similar work again. My most enjoyable part of this job was being able to work with someone else as a team, as all my previous experience has all been on my own (School projects).
Not your typical internship
Event Planner and Office Administrator (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 10, 2014
As a Conference and Events Specialist, I was responsibly for all conference logistics: contracts, registration, housing assignments, BEOs, meals, payment, etc.

I learned a lot about working with hotels and other venues when planning an event.

While interning with Cru I was developed as a leader in my personal and professional life.

Everyone I worked with has the same vision and mission of reaching college students for Christ.
Wonderful experience
West Virginia Catalytic Ministry Director (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: students
Cons: fund raising
ministry with college students on campuses. great leadership, great environment. only challenge was fund raising
Caring work environment dedicated to spiritual growth
Missionary Intern (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 16, 2013
The main component of my job is providing spiritual mentoring to college age girls. I raised all of my own funding to be involved in Cru, so I stay in regular contact with my donors.
Great ministry to work with!
Nielsen Company - Evening Survey Writer (Former Employee), Palm Harbor, FLJuly 8, 2013
Pros: make your own schedule, work with students
Cons: raise your own support
Working with Cru was a fantastic opportunity. The biggest things to know before applying are to make sure that this is something that you feel called to and that you are comfortable with making calls to set up a financial support system.
Good learning experience
Intern (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSMay 14, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: better suited for extraverts
It was different every day.
Public speaking, lots personal development, and fund raising.
The management was involved but not overly so.
Great coworkers.
The hardest part was raising financial support.
Getting to travel.
A great place to work because of the Christian environment.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 5, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: sitting for hours
Most of my day was spent patrolling the buildings or parking lots. I learned that people enjoy talking, especially when someone is willing to listen. The hardest part of the job was working in a section where you had to sit for hours. Boring!! The best parts of the job were being able to walk around and the interaction with the staff. My co-workers were awesome. We had the finest Loss Prevention team imaginable. The team leader was a man to truly be admired and also someone I respected greatly.
Non-Profit with Great People and Hard work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: rewarding work
Cons: pay, benefits, time off, hours, work load.
At the New Life Resource office work was hard but good. Innovation was slow in adaptation so it was hard to make it more efficient. Days were long with few breaks (if any). Sadly due to its nature we were understaffed in my department. So people were overworked. We had a good team but way too much work.

The only thing I enjoyed was the designing in the quiet times when most people went home.
Leadership team and singer in Praise band for campus ministry
Member of Leadership Team and Praise Band (Former Employee), William Woods University, Fulton MoJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: made a lot of good friends and enjoyed the events
Cons: could be emotionally taxing because of the investment in other peoples lives
Started out attending the weekly meetings and soon joined the band and was asked to join the leadership team that planned the weekly meetings and special events throughout the year. Handled the finances and budget as well as led a small group and mentored other women involved in the organization.
Non-paid volunteer position
Lead Video Producer (Former Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 26, 2012
I made videos for promotional purposes for Campus Crusade for Christ. I volunteered for the position as I saw it an opportunity to showcase my talents and also help out the movement.

Campus Crusade for Christ Salaries

Project Specialist
$9.00 per hour

Campus Crusade for Christ Photos

That's me in the middle
One of CRU's most famous events on our campus, The Crazy Dance!