Campus Living Villages Employee Reviews in United States

Property Management
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  HoustonJune 14, 2016
I began as an Assistant Manager and I was able to receive a promotion to Property Manager. I had difficulty in this position because I had no prior experience and I did not receive much training once I was promoted.
NIce work place
Senior Site Accountant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 1, 2016
CLV is a good company to work for. Great compensation, but long hours and fun environment to work. Love the student housing communities .
Pros
Great benifits and compenstation
Sink or swim mentality
Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2016
This place allows you to test your limit to learn new things and to do new task, but it has a sink or swim mentality. Training is hard to come by.
Great company with high goals.
ASSIST DIRECTOR/FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Campus Living was a great company who worked well with us to accomplish a goal of housing students at Henderson University. They were helpful with all areas of development including finance, marketing, customer service, programming and helping us develop in our skills.

I enjoyed working for the company and the staff around were very compatible. I had 4 directors over this period and had good rapport with most of them.
everchanging management
Leasing Assistant, Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 23, 2015
managers were under constant turn over and the company would hire inexperienced people to fill their place. Managements unwillingness to deal with residents made my job very difficult as they would often tell me to lie to residents about whether or not they were in the office in order to not deal with them.Pay was decent but they would also short you if you went over a certain number of hours in order to keep corporate off their backs. There were weeks that I worked upward of 70 hours but only got paid for 40. they would pay you back a portion of the overages in gift cards. I am still seeking back pay from the company.
Encourages conflict resolution and communication development in students
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2015
Being a resident assistant taught me many things. The first, never have a sign on your door that says knock, because people will knock at ALL hours of the night. The second, you have to adapt quickly and easily to changing environments. One semester I could be living on a floor and getting used to all the personalities of my residents, the next, I could be in a completely different building that requires me to memorize every second and third floor girls name and major and communicate with them enough so they knew I actually understood their situations and could help them as best to my ability. I've worked with so many age groups and emotional varieties that I consider myself someone who can get along and relate to many people. This job definitely prepared me well for a quick paced work place.
Pros
benefits, computer and communication skills gained
Cons
overly complex set of rules that didn't always to apply to the appropriate situation
Great place to work if you like living where you work
Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 18, 2015
There really isn't a typical day for me, but my work involves working with my staff on their event programming, entering payments, contacting student about non payment, handling escalated student issues, entering new students into our system and checking students out at the end of a semester, roommate matching... among many other things.

I learned and am still learning how to manage a group of employees and how to work with very touchy issues.

My management and co-workers are great.

The hardest part of my job is not being able to help students that are in need due to issues beyond my control (financial, mental, etc)

The most enjoyable part of my job is running fun events were our students/residents have a great time.
Pros
free lunches, great staff, apartment included
Cons
always on call, some issues can be difficult (mental health issues with residents)
never again
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eunice, LADecember 31, 2014
Honestly this job is this most unorganized job I have ever had. My job experience was terrible here. The manager was never there and when she finally did show up all she would do is blame the workers for her mistakes.
Pros
free rent
Cons
you have to work on call some nights and th pay is terrible
work atmosphere
Desktop Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Campus Village is a really nice place to work, an open office setting with friendly people.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
the assignment was temporary
College RA contract position.
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2014
• Managed day-to-day operations for the leasing center specializing in leasing and marketing concepts.
• Coordinated educational and environmental programs for 100 resident’s monthly as well as provided tours for future residents.
Assisted with future applicants and resident’s questions and concerns
Pros
great experience for college student.
Cons
no growth.
Great interaction with students
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 20, 2014
Normal apartment rental offices can be slow paced but Campus Living Villages is dedicated to students; therefore work days were very busy and full of people interaction.
Young company
Director Of Operations/Village Oaks (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 1, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was to have the autonomy to make my own schedule for the most part. I really liked helping people work through their problems and enjoyed working with my university partners. My co-workers were good people. I learned how to be really patient in this position. The hardest part of the job was being inadequately staffed and a lack of direction from the corporate office.
Overall good environment to work in but under paid
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2012
This job was a learning experience that helped me to communicate more effective and efficiently with others. It also keep me abreast of current databases used in the workplace
Pros
free housing
Cons
under paid
Fun workplace with experience to offer
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 5, 2012
A typical day at work always involves answering questions from parents, students about CLV, inspections, passing out fliers, cleaning the clubhouse. Filling out paperwork for leasing agreements, tours. This job expanded my communication in customer service. I learned many lessons that are well worth it. The hardest part of the job was mediating the students if a conflict occurred. The most enjoyable part of my job there was the events that I hosted.
Pros
free food at events, discount on rent
Cons
had to wear a uniform
Below-Average experience working here as an undergrad
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaDecember 14, 2011
The management wasn't great, employees were fine, but the way the whole thing was managed left a lot to be desired. It was a good college job though.