Canaccord Genuity is a leading independent financial services firm committed to fostering the entrepreneurial economy by bringing corporate and institutional clients unique perspective on global investment opportunities. With operations in research, sales and trading, and investment banking, our more then 260 professionals seek out emerging opportunities in our key sectors - Technology, Energy, Real Estate, Life Sciences, Metals and Mining, Consumer, Sustainability and Infrastructure. Located in eight offices internationally, our experienced team generates focused, actionable ideas that identify opportunity and facilitate growth.
The Equity Research Associate works in partnership with the Senior Research Analyst to develop deep expertise in the medical device industry coverage sector. As an Associate, you will conduct fundamental research and analysis of individual companies. You will be responsible for writing, investigating, and conducting channel-checks which will support the research franchise. The ideal candidate will be a able to thrive in a very fast-paced, demanding environment. Passion for medical devices, stocks/equity research, and integrity are a must.
- Write extensively on investment recommendations to institutional investors.
- Help build and maintain coverage of the Medical Technology sector.
- Keep abreast of company filings and industry-related news flow.
- Help generate investment ideas through industry contacts.
- Generate detailed reports/notes on relevant investment themes and events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investor relations personnel and management of companies under coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills
- 3-5 years of medical device, healthcare, or hospital administrative experience.
- BA/BS. MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Proven ability to analyze complex investment concepts, develop investment theories and communicate ideas effectively
- Strong writing skills
- Team player
- Strong PC skills - Excel (a must), Word and PowerPoint
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume, cover letter and your availability.