A busy multi location medical practice looking for two medical billers .This is an excellent opportunity for the right person. The job responsibilities are as follows:
MUST HAVE 4 YEARS (RECENT) AS A MEDICAL BILLER IN A SPECIALISTS OFFICE. MUST HAVE GRADUATED FROM AN ACCREDITED MEDICAL BILLING INSTITUTE.
Job Title: Billing Specialist
Supervision Received: Reports to Office Manager
1. Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either
electronically or by paper.
2. Answers questions from patients and insurance companies.
3. Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
4. Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements
5. Processes, post payments from insurance companies and patients.
6. Participates in educational activities and attends monthly staff meetings
7. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Education: Medical Billing/Coding Certificate
1. Knowledge of medical billing/coding/collection practices.
2. Computer literacy with Microsoft Windows 7, MS Office 2010 and experience using electronic medical records/practice management systems and electronic billing software..
3. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients,
employees and the public.
5. Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
6. Must have at least four years recent medical billing experience within a specialists office.
Please send your resume as an attachment, along with a cover letter, Salary depending on experience.