Cancer Treatment Centers of America Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great place to work if you do not care about Advancement/Growth.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  NewnanSeptember 13, 2017
There are no opportunities for advancement for Medical Assistants. They will allow you on any committee to offer ideas for improvement, but you will never be qualified enough to work in other department. Also the Medical Assistant do the same work as RN/LPN and will not compensate appropriately. RN/LPN are under utilized.
Pros
Great for people that does not care about advancement.
Cons
Pay is not competitive, No room for growth, Job duties increase without pay, constant decrease in bonus.
Specialty Care in Unique Setting
ICU Special Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 11, 2017
CTCA Zion was an interesting place to work. The ICU was small, but busy, and most of my co-workers were incredibly dedicated to their jobs. Hardest part of the job was having shady management and a for profit company, best part was the patients :)
OR was a great place to work
ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Midwestern Regional Medical CenterSeptember 11, 2017
CTCA tries very hard to create a work/life balance. The OR staff is a fun, energetic and very talented group of people. I worked there for over 4 years and over all it was a great experience.
Busy environment with great benefits
Laboratory Courier/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 7, 2017
CTCA has a great culture for excellent patient care and customer service. Stakeholders put the patient first and teamwork is good within departments and between departments. Stakeholders are encouraged to bring forth ideas and management is visible and listens to ideas.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Changes in healthcare marketplace have affected staffing levels
Things are changing and not for the better.
Scheduler Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 6, 2017
When I started here it was a very friendly and had a family atmosphere. Now it feels as if job security is non existent and management is not very supportive.
The company itself has changed. We were taught here about the Mother standard and treating patients and the like as if they were our mothers. That is not true now. It feels that we are like every other hospital and patient care is not the same as it was. I understand that yes we are a business, but what made us stand out from the rest has fallen to the wayside.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management tends to microfocus and work on the problems at hand.
Entitled attitude
Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 5, 2017
Directors and VP's allowed to not work efficiently and keeping staff well after hours to make up for last minute delegating of assignments.
Company mission is amazing and at the hospitals, A+ management, staff, hours, and benefits.
Pros
Learned about treatments
Cons
lazy upper management
Awful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa County, OKSeptember 4, 2017
If you like being ignored when there's an issue, over worked with little pay while other people do no work for more pay. This is the place for you. You can be vocal with your issues and nothing will get fixed. Favoritism is huge here. The management will make you feel stupid and belittle you. They take advantage of authority. The job is good for about 2 months and then it's downhill from there. Apply at your own risk...
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Management is horrid. This needs to be fixed!!!
Very difficult environment to work in
Infection Prevention and Control Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILAugust 29, 2017
Very old school hierarchy. Only way to advance is by "who you know" or are related to. Goals are unrealistic for middle managers with little or no support.
Benefits are the best about this place if you aren't a part of the medical profession
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 28, 2017
Management does preferential treatment to employees in the medical field. Bonuses were nice. Supervisors will walk all over you and abuse you if you work hard and do extra work and can do them at a fast pace.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
management
ctca
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2017
I've been working at ctca for 6 years. its a nice place to work a lot of nice people an good vibes. management is good an they treat you like family evryday
pay was great and benefits were also but management needed major improvement
Clin Care Coord/registrar/disability coord (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2017
pay was great and the benefits were worth it also the PTO and bonuses were definitely a plus stood as long as i did due to my patients other than that management did not listen to anything that was wrong and needed improvement until something blew up and it was all put on you and no one else would take responsibility even though you were telling them for a while that there were issues communication was horrible luckily i was there long enough to know who to talk to when i did have issues VP's and the CEO listened more than my own team!!
Billing specialist overseeing physician claims (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILAugust 26, 2017
Many changes and difficult to get into management positions.
Individual teams contain wonderful people.
Increased demands with less people to do to do the work.
Work flow is steady
I loved patient interactions
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 24, 2017
I was honored to have the opportunity to talk to patients dealing with cancer and even encourage them through faith and prayer. We are encouraged as employees to interact and talk to patients, regardless of your position with the hospital, without any reprimands.
Pros
Benefits, Company discounts( Medicine, Etc.
Cons
Hospital Politics
Overall great place
Materials Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2017
fun place to work I have made a number of great friends
I have grown a new set of confidence along me way at CTCA which has helped become a more positive and productive person.
unique culture
Palliative Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2017
unique culture. values patient care and safety. top heavy management. you work hard but it is worth it to help the patients. awesome cancer care for end stage patients
How to Write a Review
Lead Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2017
Quality/accuracy of work
Quantity of work/sales
Dependability
Attendance/punctuality
Communication skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Compliance with company procedures
Progress made toward professional goals
Problem-solving skills
Celebrates patients, great people to work with
Lead Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2017
Patients, work and life balance, pay is slightly higher. Insurance is alright, but getting more expensive.
Tuition reimbursement is a plus.
You get a $600 vitamin benefit for their in house brand.
A yearly bonus but it is based on company performance, which has been getting lower over the years. (Less than %2)
Cons
Nepotism, cliques, uncertainty with future due to lay offs and reorganization
Hard work, customer focused, unsustainable company.
Dispatcher Transportation Department (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2017
The work was hard, management likes to use as few people as possible, but it's a for-profit business what do you expect. We were forced into finding our most efficient methods and always had to bend to the customers, which left us with very little control and employee turnover is high. CTCA is not employee friendly. However, the experience there is worth its weight in gold, if you can handle working for a for-profit hospital that churns thousands of patients through your hands with a skeleton crew, you can work anywhere. Which is what you should do, earn some experience there and move on. Management has their hands tied, they're basically placeholders, the executives are where the decisions come from and they all have their heads in their bottoms and their lips on corporate's behinds. I cannot confidently say they know what they're doing, they make fiscal decisions to please shareholders, not business decisions that benefit employees. If you can see it for what it is, a business that profits from a disease and misery, then you'll have no problems understanding the methods. But unless you're superman, you'll burn out.
Pros
Good pay, super clean, very attractive women
Cons
Unsustainable business practices, no leadership, strenuous work/life balance
It was definitely an amazing place to work people friendly.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2017
Coming in making sure my patients are comfortable and seeing if they need anything. Taking their vitals signs, emptying their foley bag and colostomy bags when needed. Documenting my patients vitals signs, input and outputs, blood sugars and mobility. Assisted the night charge nurse with assigned staffing for the morning shift. I learned how to work in the clinic on my days off and when needed. I learned how to work as a unit secretary in the Radiology Department and also worked in the mailroom. My workplace culture was awesome because it was so diverse. The hardest part of my job was when my patients took a turn for the worse and there was no further treatment the doctor could offer. The most enjoyable part of my job was when a patient got the news that they were cancer free, the smiles on their face was worth a million.
Pros
Award Dinners, Appreciation Day, Christmas Parties and Cancer Free Celebrations
Cons
Short Breaks and Being Short Staff Sometime
Used to be great.
Empowerment (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 4, 2017
Lay offs and no job security. Laid off a lot of good people, recently half of management quit. Cost cutting everywhere. No work life balance. Just google the company and you'll see all the shady practices. Many current employees looking for new jobs many are quitting which explains the sudden hiring they are doing. It honestly used to be great company, but once profits started falling so did everything else went south. Also this place will test your moral and ethical compass, be prepared to treat cancer patients like a commodity.
Pros
Great co worker, free snacks coffee
Cons
No work life balance, very challenging job ethically

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Cancer Treatment Centers of America Reviews by Location