Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Cancer Treatment Centers of America Employer Reviews

Great respect given to patients. Very admirable.
Specialist in Specimen Adequacy Checks (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2014
Overall was to be my dream job. Beautiful patients, doctors, techs and supporting staff.
caring place
CNA Tech (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2014
Pros: patients looked and felt good.
Cons: loosing patients
Just being to care for someone felt good. Knowing they appreciate your assistance make you feel good.
Ctca is a remarkable place for healing and hope.
Switch Board Operator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: different approach towards healing the person.
Cons: unfortunantly all patients cannot be helped
Caring enviornment for patients living with cancer. The patients here at Ctca or treated as individuals and have an active roll in there treatment program.
productive and fun work place as well as very understanding
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Newnan, GAOctober 27, 2014
My typical day at work here at CTCA is cleaning and sanitizing the facility the proper way so our patients can be protected at all times from germs while here in our facility. I have awesome coworkers we really work as a team here and help each other out very well we really do show the true meaning of the mother standard of care her in our facility. – more... My most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with the patients as well as my fellow stakeholders her in the facility and just being able to provide everyone with excellent customer service here and just making sure that our patients or at the center of everything we do here at CTCA. – less
Extremely friendly people and an amazing place to work!
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee), Zion, ILOctober 22, 2014
A typical day at work consists of teamwork and time-management.

I learned that you don't have to have relationships face to face to feel important.

My co-workers were awesome, supportive, and a blessing to work with.

The hardest part of the job was hearing about patients that couldn't get their treatment in time.

The most enjoyable part of the job – more... was being able to touch patients lives for the better without hands on experience. – less
Nursing Career
retired June 26th 2014 (Former Employee), Zion, ILOctober 21, 2014
Pros: i was thankful for my job
Cons: 33 mile drive to work
I loved going to work everyday. I found my passion when I decided to become a nurse. The proverbial light-bulb turned on and I could not get enough education. The busier the nights got the calmer I became. My organization skills went full-tilt, I loved taking care of the patients. This Value never changed during my Nursing career. I never wished to – more... take a management position because this would take me away from Direct patient Care.
The ER Team and The Drs worked in a positive and collaborative way. This type of demographic work environment was pronounced at CTCA – less
It is a very professional place to work
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee), Zion, ILOctober 19, 2014
It was challenging and rewarding to work with cancer patients.
High Stress - top heavy management
Manager, Travel and Accommodations Departments (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZOctober 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
The benefits are wonderful at CTCA. However, the merit and yearly bonus promised are slim to none. This however does not affect upper management, they are well compensated.

Work life balance is poor. CTCA runs an extremely lean staff and this burns out staff.
Happy place to work
Inpatient RN (Current Employee), goodyear, AzOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free supplements each year. annual stakeholder bonus.
CTCA cares for both their patients and their stakeholders. The benefits are fantastic and there are several incentives to working here.
Unethical at best
Stakeholder (Current Employee), Newnan, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: lack of experienced managers, no work life balance, no stability or orginization in the facilty.
CTCA in Newnan was supposed to be the place to work. I received a job here and was very impressed by all the bells and whistles. Then my job started. Their is no space for offices. Some staff has sat on the floor in the hallways. Patients are cherry picked and it is very obvious. Doctors are rude to the stakeholders. The executive team is never present – more... and most of them are not qualified to do their job. I reminds of that family that everyone knew growing up that went to church on Sunday and had a white picked fence,, but everyone knew the dad was a drunk and the mom was sleeping with the guy next door. CTCA Newnan is very dysfunctional and the new hires are very disillusioned. I would honestly think twice before accepting a position at this facility. – less
Always willing to give comfort to the patient
Surgical Technologists (Current Employee), Newnan, GAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great care!!!
Cons: be more open to helping the less fortunate families.
Very lovely place to work BUT help out the little person sometime everyone DO NOT have great health care insurance and can't go to the county so call free hospital for treatment ... Please be more open minded WHO knows the patient just may come back and pay the bill off in full .
enjoyable place to work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: fast paced happy staff
Cons: policies and procedures were not always implemented
While working for Cancer Treatment Centers of America I was a happy employee. Due to being the last hired and the company restructuring I was let go
Patient centered and pleasent work enviorment with a friendly staff
STAFF FLOOR NURSE (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 30, 2014
The best part of my job here has been meeting and caring for this patient population. Oncology patients are amazing and one can be very humbled caring for them and seeing their will to live and how their kindness continues even under difficult and challenging circumstances .
delusions of glory
current employee_looking for a good job (Current Employee), Newnan GaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: nice building; good benefits
Cons: extreme lies to employees, favoritism, dreadful management top down; extreme disorganization; fear of retaliation
CTCA may be good for patients but the company treats employees by another standard that is deceptive, and disheartening.once hired you find that managers are not qualified and if you go to HR to voice a complaint you're on the shortlist for a variance for any mistake you make until finally you quit.They dont want to ruin their reputation by firing people.This – more... is just another job nothing special..dont believe the hype..you've been warned many times by all the other employees.I will be turning in a resignation as soon as this dream job can be replaced.Good benefits are not worth being lied to,overworked,mistreatment and I forgot to mention that they have the most outdated database system in the country,seriously.Everything constantly changes because mgmt messes up everyday,this place is a mess, go to Emory! – less
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare environment
Cons: extended long hours
A typical day would be for me to walk into a busy office, getting a quick run down for my shift and to learn what to expect. Answer transportation question from employees, and our patients.

I learn on the daily basis that the impossible is possible

The management team helps and listens our questions and concerns

When it comes to my coworkers I realize – more... that they are great people to work with

I understand that the job description is rough but, the possibility of helping people is the main goal

The most enjoyable part of my job is to see and hear the joy & appreciation from someone that may not be able to get around on their own – less
Great benefits
New Patient Schedule Coordinator (Current Employee), Zion, ILJuly 14, 2014
This company has great benefits. They encourage you to get in shape and rewards you when you take part in health clubs and 5ks.
Fun workplace enviroment
Ball Kid (volunteer work) (Former Employee), Surprise, AZJuly 7, 2014
Running around a great deal to retrieve balls and take care of players, learned how to handle responsibilities, co-worker easy to get along with, difficulty keeping up with varied pace of work environment, but very enjoyable to watch different techniques of players in matches.
Great organization
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Zion, ILJuly 7, 2014
Passionate team and excellent work environment. Very innovative research and brilliant team.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Goodyear AZJuly 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, yearly bonuses based on your pay
Cons: management could be better but that is most places
A typical day at work for me is always good. The team I work with are all great and positive people and it helps the day go by.
---
-- (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 3, 2014
Pros: great for patients
Cons: horrible management and hr staff, no job advancement
Great place to be if you are a patient. Employees are treated differently. Management is horrible. Hr doesn't like to help you out when you have an issue. There is no Job advancement. You could be qualified for a job and have years of experience but will over look you for it because you don't have a degree.

1 2 3 4

About Cancer Treatment Centers of America

At Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA), we believe there isn't one way to beat cancer - there are hundreds. For nearly – Read more