Cancer Treatment Centers of America Employee Reviews

Review of CTCA
Specialty Care Tech/ Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
As compared to other facilities the work load was far greater and had a far more vast job description but pay was not equivalent to the increased work load. The management was great but were often not honest about the current condition of the organization as a whole and hid layoffs until day of. The workplace culture was stressful but rewarding knowing we do the best for people.
Don't take this job as a contractor or temporary assignment! You will regret it!
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 17, 2017
Contractors are NOT hired after 90 days, as promised. No benefits or days off and the pay is unequal compared to what "stakeholders" receive. They use that they are contractors as an excuse to mistreat them. Do not take this job thinking that you'll get a foot in the door to a great company. They may be great, but only to their actual employees. To the rest, they are anything but. Be warned. Go to the website and apply, instead.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Newnan GaOctober 3, 2017
Although I do enjoy working here, I am looking for a change in my career. Would like to pursue non-patient care field, such as clinical documentation specialist or medical review. I am seeking certification in clinical documentation specialist or concurrent review.
Temporary employee
Assistant Research Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 28, 2017
This review should not count as I was only a temporary employee with the CTCA. Management was excellent and the work was steady and balanced, the team work was great but i cannot speak for details such as benefits and advancement.
Pros
great team, great management
Cons
temporary n/a
CTCA Experience
Senior Program Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 27, 2017
Cancer Treatment Centers of America delivers on its stated commitment to provide outstanding care to its patients. Likewise, CTCA does the same for its employees.
Pros
Work-Life balance; encouragement and activities for a healthy lifestyle
Cons
Constantly changing priorities - typical in many organizations
CHARGE CAPTURE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Zion, IllinoisSeptember 24, 2017
-Busy from start to end of shift
-Management was not as good when I left as when I started.
-The hardest part of the job was leaving all the people I formed long relationships with.
-The most enjoyable was meeting all the patients and working with them.
Pros
Great benefits
Trusting Raport
Infusion RN (Current Employee) –  Cancer Treatmetn Centers of AmericaSeptember 14, 2017
Administer chemotherapy, blood/blood products, hydration, and supplementation of electrolytes. Enjoy building trusting raport with patients and collaborating with physicians and collagues.
Pros
work life balance, patient care
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work if you do not care about Advancement/Growth.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  NewnanSeptember 13, 2017
There are no opportunities for advancement for Medical Assistants. They will allow you on any committee to offer ideas for improvement, but you will never be qualified enough to work in other department. Also the Medical Assistant do the same work as RN/LPN and will not compensate appropriately. RN/LPN are under utilized.
Pros
Great for people that does not care about advancement.
Cons
Pay is not competitive, No room for growth, Job duties increase without pay, constant decrease in bonus.
Specialty Care in Unique Setting
ICU Special Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 11, 2017
CTCA Zion was an interesting place to work. The ICU was small, but busy, and most of my co-workers were incredibly dedicated to their jobs. Hardest part of the job was having shady management and a for profit company, best part was the patients :)
OR was a great place to work
ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Midwestern Regional Medical CenterSeptember 11, 2017
CTCA tries very hard to create a work/life balance. The OR staff is a fun, energetic and very talented group of people. I worked there for over 4 years and over all it was a great experience.
Busy environment with great benefits
Laboratory Courier/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 7, 2017
CTCA has a great culture for excellent patient care and customer service. Stakeholders put the patient first and teamwork is good within departments and between departments. Stakeholders are encouraged to bring forth ideas and management is visible and listens to ideas.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Changes in healthcare marketplace have affected staffing levels
Things are changing and not for the better.
Scheduler Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILSeptember 6, 2017
When I started here it was a very friendly and had a family atmosphere. Now it feels as if job security is non existent and management is not very supportive.
The company itself has changed. We were taught here about the Mother standard and treating patients and the like as if they were our mothers. That is not true now. It feels that we are like every other hospital and patient care is not the same as it was. I understand that yes we are a business, but what made us stand out from the rest has fallen to the wayside.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management tends to microfocus and work on the problems at hand.
Entitled attitude
Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 5, 2017
Directors and VP's allowed to not work efficiently and keeping staff well after hours to make up for last minute delegating of assignments.
Company mission is amazing and at the hospitals, A+ management, staff, hours, and benefits.
Pros
Learned about treatments
Cons
lazy upper management
Very difficult environment to work in
Infection Prevention and Control Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILAugust 29, 2017
Very old school hierarchy. Only way to advance is by "who you know" or are related to. Goals are unrealistic for middle managers with little or no support.
Benefits are the best about this place if you aren't a part of the medical profession
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 28, 2017
Management does preferential treatment to employees in the medical field. Bonuses were nice. Supervisors will walk all over you and abuse you if you work hard and do extra work and can do them at a fast pace.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
management
ctca
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2017
I've been working at ctca for 6 years. its a nice place to work a lot of nice people an good vibes. management is good an they treat you like family evryday
pay was great and benefits were also but management needed major improvement
Clin Care Coord/registrar/disability coord (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2017
pay was great and the benefits were worth it also the PTO and bonuses were definitely a plus stood as long as i did due to my patients other than that management did not listen to anything that was wrong and needed improvement until something blew up and it was all put on you and no one else would take responsibility even though you were telling them for a while that there were issues communication was horrible luckily i was there long enough to know who to talk to when i did have issues VP's and the CEO listened more than my own team!!
Billing specialist overseeing physician claims (Current Employee) –  Zion, ILAugust 26, 2017
Many changes and difficult to get into management positions.
Individual teams contain wonderful people.
Increased demands with less people to do to do the work.
Work flow is steady
I loved patient interactions
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 24, 2017
I was honored to have the opportunity to talk to patients dealing with cancer and even encourage them through faith and prayer. We are encouraged as employees to interact and talk to patients, regardless of your position with the hospital, without any reprimands.
Pros
Benefits, Company discounts( Medicine, Etc.
Cons
Hospital Politics
Overall great place
Materials Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2017
fun place to work I have made a number of great friends
I have grown a new set of confidence along me way at CTCA which has helped become a more positive and productive person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.