Candlewood Suites Employee Reviews in United States

Overall, a pretty enjoyable place to work, but not worth the compensation what so ever, with no added benefits!
Housekeeper/Head Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 26, 2016
Poor to Fair! That is all I have to say at this point in time, even though it is prompting me to write more, no thank you, sorry, lol!
Pros
Very flexible and willing to work with employees on their schedules!
Cons
Very low pay rate! Very unhappy, and unsatisfied with my compensation there!, As I did so many more responsiblities than what was required of me!, Including: some front desk tasks, even some GM/AGM tasks, and all of the EHM responsiblites and duties when they were, and were not present that day! Very underpaid!
Fun & Enjoying Workplace
FRONT DESK MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMAugust 14, 2016
Day in and day out, its generally easy work. Once the system is learned, it's not at all difficult to keep up with. There are several different ways to do things, and each person has their own way of getting tasks done efficiently. Our General Manager here is AMAZING. So easy to get along with, and work with. She is by far the best manager that we have had here, and makes us all at ease. The coworkers that I have had since starting here have been amazing as well. We communicate well, and have no problem bringing any issues to one another and resolving them quickly.

When it comes to the hardest part of the job, it's dealing with guests that may have not had a satisfactory time, and handling their problems in a way so that they leave happy. The most enjoyable is also dealing with guests, hearing their stories, and learning about them as they stay with us.
Pros
Hotel discounts with any IHG hotel, great management.
Cons
No healthcare benefits.
Very disorganized management
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 10, 2015
The Candlewood Suites could have been a great hotel if the management (of hotel) only followed the International Hotel Group rules.. I enjoyed the IHG Corporate management team.
I answered email inquiries pertaining to sales, made out going sales calls, went out to solicit new business and drove business with a
21% increase. My co-workers were great and always helped with anything I needed. I really enjoyed meeting new people.
Pros
Light and bright work place
Cons
No benefits
Very positive environment, customer service always key.
Front Desk Attendant/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 22, 2015
Every day at work consists of completely satisfying the guest. Making sure they are checked in with proper method of payment and happy with the room and amenities. Other daily tasks included keeping office space clean, submitting overcast of future availability, filing departure paperwork and running night audit. I learned how to operate in an office environment while constantly interacting with customers. The hardest part of the job was communicating with the management. They were hard to connect with personally. The most enjoyable part would be my interaction with the guests and my co-workers.
Pros
Discounted rates on hotel rooms
Cons
No raises, no appreciation
All the Resources to Learn
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 19, 2016
I was very eager to learn IHG Standards. IHG provides you with all the resources to achieve your goals.

I was very happy with my staff and there eagerness to learn IHG standards. My staff went above and beyond for me during our short relationship.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my guest.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with my Regional Manager who found a reason to undermine everything I accomplished.
Pros
Great company to advance with.
Cons
No benefits
Not a good place to work
Executive Director of Sales, and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 3, 2016
Absent management, no benefits, no advancement. Typical workday begins at 7:30 and doesn't end until approximately 6:00 or later.

I learned not to let management bully me into much lower than normal starting pay. Was seriously verbally abused and threatened when I resigned, both by telephone and email by owners.

Co-workers were lovely but very beaten down. Seemed the worst of the worst were praised while the best of the best were abused.
This job have taught me alot
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 3, 2016
On a daily basic at work, I do the morning reports, check guests out or check them in. Run the credit card authorization or do the transaction list. Keep the front desk clean and organized, help guest out when they complain and assist those in need of help. Deal with the billing information and make reservation as well, up-sale the rooms and always doing something from paperwork to working on the computer. I was also a trainer and trained up to 4 people and done interviews. I also became their front desk supervisor due to being in charge for a week when the manager was out, handling front desk and managing. It have taught me to work on the computer more and know how to use excel more. I really enjoyed the fact that i was always busy and doing something and good hours as well. The biggest issue or the part was hard for my job was being really low staffed which put alot of the stronger employee working back to back and kinda affecting our actual lives.
Pros
There were free dinner every Wednesday and guest would cook you meals
Cons
Low staffed
Having the chance tolearn a career
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKJune 2, 2016
Front Office Manager
Managing schedules, clerical duties included billing for guests, hotel billing and the hotel in house store,
Trained front desk employees, trained housekeeping staff
Assisted maintenance required throughout the hotel

Weekly Billing Packet
Assisted hotel sales, stood in for Sales Manager when requested
Filled in for the General Manager position during the transistions of management over several years. Provided quality assurance for billing and other issues throughout the hotel
Stood in for both the Sales Manager and Front Office Manager during the transition
Provided a functional detailed cleaning list for oil crews and work crews that stayed long term

Direct Bill Accounts
Assisted with reservations, credit card billing, and key cards
Assisted with hotel upkeep and also hotel laundry
Provided services for the hotel cupboard, provided inventory required for the hotel
Directed the IHG Rewards Program, awarding points with guests, account creation for both guests and staff
Provided user names for new staff members, along with many other day to day duties
Pros
The knowlage that I obtained
Cons
Having to leave.
it was ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  1250 S 13th street, La Porte Texas 77571July 11, 2016
A typical day at work was really nice every morning I went in I always heard good morning. It made my day better every time. I learned about how to properly clean a hotel room and how to get rust off of a stove, management was alright, hardest part was the beds you have to be specific on the corners and how the hotel does the design, the most enjoyable part was knowing that I made someone living space nice and tidy for them.
Pros
free food
Cons
Productive, Meet lots of new and different people.
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work starts out by going around to empty rooms and stripping/making the beds. Then I go around cleaning/organizing the rooms.Management was poor. My co workers were easy to get along with but had poor work ethic. The hardest part of the job was no being supervised and getting direction from management. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the people who stayed at the hotel!
Pros
Good Pay, Good Hours
Cons
Poor Management
Very Nice Place
Intern Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOFebruary 16, 2016
I only interned there for a school class, but that was the one hotel where I really wanted to work at. The management is very friendly. The environment was very laid back, and it seemed like a pretty nice job.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Not working there full time
Management has a high turnover rate! Advancement is near to impossible
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDApril 7, 2016
I worked here for 4 months, and in that time, the manager who hired me quit, and we didn't have one for 3 months. My co-workers were very nice in the beginning. Turns out they were all out for their own and started to spread false rumors. I learned a lot in this job, however, the cons outweighed the pros. Unorganized and unprofessional. I don't recommend this job to anyone who expects to be treated fairly.
Pros
Customer Service Experience
Cons
Poor teamwork and unprofessional-ism, low pay
Pays the bills... barely.
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOMay 30, 2016
I really enjoy most aspects of my job. My co-workers are great (though the turnover is really high) and the Director of Sales and GM are wonderful people. The GM respects her workers and offers help and encouragement whenever possible.

Further up the chain, however, things start to get really murky.
Pros
I've had worse jobs.
Cons
Pay, workload on some shifts, no laundry tech
Strict workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 1, 2016
This hotel was very strict compared to other hotels ive worked at. Although the management was bad, the work environment was set very positive by other co-workers. I learned how to be a laundry attendant while working the front desk at the same time. i learned how to fix televisions, along with other maintenance thing.
productive work place
ROOM ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 7, 2016
great environment to work with.
co workers are friendly.
the hardest part of a job is when you not able to satisfied a guest even you gave your everything you can do.
enjoyable part is when you do the job with smile on your face because your co workers always there to help after the end of shift.
Pros
holiday paid..
Cons
n/a
Very fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 11, 2016
Working at candlewood was really great. Everybody there is nice and very easy to get along with. It's one of the best jobs I've had. It's very easy work and not hard at all to learn everything u need to know.
Pros
Great co-workers, easy work, friendly people
Cons
No benefits
Good job, unpredictable hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 2, 2015
I liked working at Candlewood, however they would not work with my schedule after a while. They let me work my weekend job for a few months and then suddenly it became a problem, and they threatened to cut my hours. I worked twice as hard for twice as long, so I gave up candlewood to do my job on the weekends. That job is not enough money to live off of, but is way more enjoyable and its way easier. They also fired half of the original staff because they got new management, so I knew it was a matter of time. I feel like this environment is unprofessional, and you do not get paid enough for the amount of work that you do.
Pros
Would not recommend.
Cons
See for yourself.
Housekeeping Supervisor
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2016
Great place to work at. Great employees. Always enjoy my day working there.I have learn so much from my gernal manager.The hardest part of my job would be not enough employees but i find ways to fix that.
productive and fun place to work
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2016
Very organized and professional environment to work at. Our typical day consists of stripping room laundry. The staff friendly general manager is always hospitable
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
healthcare
Great productive place to be
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 28, 2016
This is a great place to work. The people are so friendly and when it comes down to it everyone pulls together as an team with no complaints to get the job done. Love the people and the atmosphere here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Candlewood Suites. Our community is ready to answer.