Candlewood Suites Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, VADecember 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with the guest. I believe building a strong rapport with customers makes them enjoy their time here. Also it can lead to the guest returning or even recommending the hotel to others.
Candlewood Suites
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXDecember 13, 2017
At candlewood suites on a daily basis I would answer the phones for business and for residents who wanted to stay with us. i worked daily with computer software and also dealed with the cash drawer depending on what the residents bought from our store or checked in. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the rude customers but i always kept a good attitude and did the best job i could to settle down a situation. and the most enjoyable part was helping the customers
Very difficult to work there
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 12, 2017
This company doesn't care about their employees. They have unrealistic, and difficult expectations. I would not recommend anyone to work here due to the poor treatment by owners
A Good Day
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXDecember 11, 2017
On an average day one could have 25- 50 arrivals and that was not the hardest part of the day. Guest needing various items such as blankets, pull out beds or cribs for children was not difficult either. The hardest task was the lack of communication from the management team. Especially if the General Manager was the one who worked the front desk on Sunday. He would never answer his phone or leave details regarding guest arrivals that may need special services of any kind.
Pros
health benefits, flexible work schedule, friendly guest and staff
Cons
Lack of communication, not enough work hours, no room for advacement
It was a constant changing and learning experience.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMDecember 11, 2017
A typical day at work was very high and continuous flow of customer care and hospitality. I was responsible for many different tasks and was an extremely good mutli-tasker. I handled reservations and guaranteed sales as soon as I had a person on the phone. I worked constantly on transactions such as, cash, credit card, direct bill, and in house payments. I also had to deal with not so polite customers whom I found solutions to there problems and helped them feel at ease. i handled Opera operating systems and am efficient in this area. I can also handle many things placed on my shoulders .
Pros
We had incentives for sales, and gifts for high performances.
Cons
We were capped at a certain pay rate. This meant no growth financially.
Family oriented environment
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDDecember 10, 2017
Managed and maintain budgeted revenues and RevPAR goals. Produce nightly, weekly & monthly reports. Post all A/R payments to accounts and ensured that all hotel and cupboard accounts were balanced properly, worked closely with general manager as interim sales manager, assisting with group sales bookings and assisted with sustaining #1 status on STAR report amongst comp sets in area. Also maintained front desk area through answering calls, booking reservations, assisting all guest with check Ins & check Outs from hotel, as well as any other guest services needed during hotel stay.
N/a
Head of maintnace (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMDecember 9, 2017
Not a good work environment , management and co workes gossip and constantly cause problems , low pay and no benifets , management looks down at staff
Employee Fun Days for all of the employees to enjoy!!!
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 7, 2017
During my day employment with the Candlewood Suites, I did increase the value of the rates for this hotels hotel accommodations. Working with the employees actually brought much enjoyment to each of the employees for this hotel.
Pros
One a month the staff was rewarded for this jobs
Cons
n/a
was good place to work
handy man (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 6, 2017
I have worked at the Candlewood Suites of Erie for almost a year. I learned a lot of things from that place but it was a little bit far from where i was living, and plus I wanted to learn more but there was not enough opportunity for me there.
Pros
different time frame of work
Cons
no vocation and no benefits
Reception
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYDecember 5, 2017
When I worked there it was good I just hated that when someone wouldn't show up I would have to stay longer then my hours would get cut for the extra time.
Awesome place to work
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARDecember 4, 2017
The owners of the Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs Arkansas is the best I have ever worked for. They treat their staff with respect. The job is very rewarding. They truly appreciate your drive and dedication to your position. The opportunity to advance in the company depends on you, they don't hold anyone back from moving up. I plan on making this a career with them.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDDecember 4, 2017
It is an amazing place to work. Very small staff with a family atmosphere. Management can be a pain but overall one of the best places to work in Minot
great place to work
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2017
Great place to work , fun and rewarding environment, Management team was very good. The extended stay concept was relatively new at that time . I enjoyed my time there
Pros
good place to work
Great experience
Maintenance Manger (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MODecember 1, 2017
I learned customer service and fix things in a better way
Not a bad place to work if you get paid more as manger. I did work a lot of hours especially in the winter time.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Need more pay
Horrible Regional Manager and Regional Sales Director
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKDecember 1, 2017
This company was a joke. Now I'm sure it depends on who the owner of the franchise is, but the one I worked for was ran terribly. They promoted people who were not qualified and passed up deserving people when it came time to promote. The pay for my job was horrible and they did not evaluate as much as they were supposed to which caused people to miss out on possible raises. Turnover was horrible. There were absolutely NO benefits and nothing enticing people to want to work there.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Poor pay, Poor work/life balance, absolutely NO benefits, terrible management, too much to continue
Very friendly staff, enjoyable place to work
NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 1, 2017
Overall the candlewood suites was a great place to work as a job, but there was really no career advancement opportunities and the wages were too low for the expected amount of work.
Cons
No benefits, yearly raises
Review
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 30, 2017
I enjoyed the commaradery working with staff. It was a small team with an extended stay hotel and the department heads were awesome. The hardest part of the job was selling 7+ business when your from a full service brand. I could not get use to this part.
Pros
staff
Cons
extended stay value business
Great Management and Work Schedule, Pay was low and not much benfits.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 29, 2017
A typical day as the Maintenance Engineer was busy, there was a total of 100 rooms that you maintained. I learned how to prioritize work orders and manage daily activities. Management was great above average was great to be in a team working environment that worked great together. Hardest part of the job was not being paid much and advancements were slim to none. The best part of the job was meeting guest that stayed at the hotel and I also enjoyed fixing various types of issues through out the hotel.
Pros
Great Management, Team Work Environment
Cons
Low Compensation, No chance at Advancement
Great
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDNovember 28, 2017
Reveive task for the day. Set out job task for the employees,over looked employees work. Made out order forms , took inventory, proublem solved when need. Made sure my paper work is complet at the end of the day. I learned that communication is one of the best method to run a business.The GM is very fair with all the employees.Very pleasant and organized. Letting a good employee go due to buget cuts. My coworkers and the guess.
Pros
Love the stanards for the hotel.
Cons
The budget
Wonderful place to work
House Keeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 28, 2017
I love working for the Candlewood suites. I would still be there if there was an Sales Position available. My General manager is a great GM to work for.