Candlewood Suites Employee Reviews

Productive workplace.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXOctober 18, 2016
Productive workplace. Learned a lot about customer service and computer systems. The hardest part of the job was working over nights, but I did enjoy talking with guests and folding sheets.
Pros
Communication
Cons
No healthcare
Fun Place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHOctober 9, 2016
Nice place to work never had a Boss that actually cared about his employees very family orintated Clean and they take pride in the hotel I recommend this place to anyone travleing this area
The empolyees are great
Guest Service Representive (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 6, 2016
I enjoy working with all the guests and helping in all the departments that need me. I set up our managers reception and a small breakfast for our guests and have become close to our regulars to provide them with the best guest service we can give.
Great workplace
Loyalty Champion (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 30, 2016
Many chances for advancement. Managers are nice, work is great. Very flexible with work hours. A typical workday is very flowing. lots of guests and lots of activities to accomplish.
productive envieonment great freindly people to work with
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  7103 N NavarroSeptember 28, 2016
Overall it was it was a homely & had a great team/crew that worked very well together. Guests were always a pleasure as well.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
overnights
loved the staff
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2016
loved everyone i work with, but i feel there's very little room for advancement. the hotel seemed run down with very litte effort for the up keep. but the staff was amazing
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 13, 2016
Housekeeping was an okay job. A typical day of work was tiring and busy all the time. My co-workers and the supervisor was very helpful. Management was okay I guess but I hardly ever got any hours. The hardest part of the job was trying to finish all rooms in that days time. I enjoyed the atmosphere and environment itself.
Fast pace cleaning job.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 13, 2016
its just a basic job. just regular housekeeping. there isn't any pros or cons to it, either you do your jjob or u don't. there's a lot of cleaning a lot of lifting a lot of moving so you need to be able to perform the task and make sure you have the ability to do so I'm just a regular girl looking for a better job
i like this company
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 9, 2016
i really enjopyed worknig for this company.to me they really helped me in grow in the customer service field i learned to have more patiece and to understand that customer service goes beyond the hello
Awesome place to work!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 2, 2016
My job here is great. I work with many awesome people. Management is awesome. I love meeting new people everyday. It keeps me on my yoes

Want to know more about Candlewood Suites?

Ask a question
Unorganized and full of bullies
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Avondale, LAAugust 26, 2016
Workers were clearly not treated equally. One of the housekeepers would consistently go through checkout rooms early in the morning before anyone else got there and occasionally strip the rooms. I know for a fact she stole tips from rooms and would go into rooms right after patrons checked out in order to take whatever she wanted from them. She was generally negative and completely rude to staff and customers alike, but has never been reprimanded for any of this. That being said I absolutely love the job and the customers. I genuinely enjoy taking care of our patrons and their pets, and our managers try hard to make us feel comfortable, but some of the other housekeepers have made it an incredibly hostile and frustrating environment to work in.
Pros
Love the job itself, got to meet new people, actual bosses were kind and understanding
Cons
Coworkers made my work day terrible
Fun workplace, met lots of people
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work included checking in/out guests, communication with housekeeping, attended to all of guests needs ,answered phones, made reservations, accepted payments, helped fold laundry, and communicate with maintenance to resolve issues.
I learned how to work on the hotel industry computer software and about the hotel industry from the inside.
Management was pretty good, but unable to hire me fulltime, so I had to quit.
hardest part of the job was folding laundry.
Awesome co-workers, great team atmosphere.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all kinds of guests from all over.
Pros
Loved meeting pepple, great team atmosphere
Cons
long 12 hr days and no room for advancement during my time of employment
fun place
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cotulla, TXAugust 23, 2016
good place to work at opportunity's to advance some days where slow other days where busy this job made me challenge myself loved the great experience .
Pros
discount rooms
Cons
stressfull at times
Housekeeping Supervisor
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2016
Great place to work at. Great employees. Always enjoy my day working there.I have learn so much from my gernal manager.The hardest part of my job would be not enough employees but i find ways to fix that.
Fun & Enjoying Workplace
FRONT DESK MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMAugust 14, 2016
Day in and day out, its generally easy work. Once the system is learned, it's not at all difficult to keep up with. There are several different ways to do things, and each person has their own way of getting tasks done efficiently. Our General Manager here is AMAZING. So easy to get along with, and work with. She is by far the best manager that we have had here, and makes us all at ease. The coworkers that I have had since starting here have been amazing as well. We communicate well, and have no problem bringing any issues to one another and resolving them quickly.

When it comes to the hardest part of the job, it's dealing with guests that may have not had a satisfactory time, and handling their problems in a way so that they leave happy. The most enjoyable is also dealing with guests, hearing their stories, and learning about them as they stay with us.
Pros
Hotel discounts with any IHG hotel, great management.
Cons
No healthcare benefits.
Not a good place to work
Executive Director of Sales, and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 3, 2016
Absent management, no benefits, no advancement. Typical workday begins at 7:30 and doesn't end until approximately 6:00 or later.

I learned not to let management bully me into much lower than normal starting pay. Was seriously verbally abused and threatened when I resigned, both by telephone and email by owners.

Co-workers were lovely but very beaten down. Seemed the worst of the worst were praised while the best of the best were abused.
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 25, 2016
Very fair, honest company to work for. They provide great learning experiences, work conditions, and opportunity to grow in the company.
Manangement
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJuly 22, 2016
You know when youve worked or been somewhere sooo long that all new ideas, updated equipment, or any other way of doing things is just a bother. So nothing is changed or updated aside from housekeeping the turnover rate was horrible.
it was ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  1250 S 13th street, La Porte Texas 77571July 11, 2016
A typical day at work was really nice every morning I went in I always heard good morning. It made my day better every time. I learned about how to properly clean a hotel room and how to get rust off of a stove, management was alright, hardest part was the beds you have to be specific on the corners and how the hotel does the design, the most enjoyable part was knowing that I made someone living space nice and tidy for them.
Pros
free food
Cons
productive and fun place to work
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2016
Very organized and professional environment to work at. Our typical day consists of stripping room laundry. The staff friendly general manager is always hospitable
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Candlewood Suites. Our community is ready to answer.