Candlewood Suites Employee Reviews

Just not this property
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 22, 2017
IHG is an amazing company overall to work for, just not this location. The General Manager is terrible to his employees, disrespectful and downgrades them. When reported to corporate nothing was done except the employees are treated worse.
Candlewood is a hotel where the guest normally stay for months at a time
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Its a cool place because you get to know the guest personally because they are staying for long periods of time. And that's what I like most about this place. So it feels comfortable being around them and just knowing who I'm cleaning for and I think it gives them some type of relief to know there's no strangers in their rooms being around their belongings. Our management is not 100% up to part. They pay is definitely not enough especially for the work we do and the size of the rooms. I don't think no hotel place should pay under $10. No one really gets any hours at all and that's very disappointing. Especially when you have kids and bills. Its not really worth it if your trying to make a living
would not recommend
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXSeptember 20, 2017
The owner of the hotel would do a lot of shady things and some times wouldn't pay his employees for a month when you're suppose to get paid bi weekly. The manager was always awesome and would go above and beyond for his employees. The owner is the one who a lot of employees had a problem with, not a nice man.
Pros
good management
Cons
never knowing when you will get paid, no benefits
Very Easy
FRONT DESK REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Monahans, TXSeptember 20, 2017
This job was very easy. I worked as the night auditor and the rules were very clearly explained so there were no issues. Have to give 3 week notice before calling in due to understaffing.
Pros
Free snacks, Easy, Sufficient training
Cons
Working alone if you don't like that
Nice hotel, excellent room attendants, nice front desk staff, management doesn't help with training and puts all blame on employees
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 19, 2017
Since new management not reliable, not a lot of knowledge about extended stays, the maintenance man Scott extremely lazy and blames everything on housekeeping won't fix anything, lies and cutthroats, and hypocritical, the new temporary manager is hardly ever there doesn't ever really know what's going on and the operations manager is sneaky, bendictive, and doesn't know much about housekeeping, lies and doesnt take responsibility of knowing what really happened. Stressful place to work very unorganized and doesn't treat housekeeping team with any respect. Scott the maintenance man sexually harasses the room attendants and me, and yells and treats the room attendants with no respect
Pros
Housekeeping team, excellent guests, nice hotel
Cons
Management, stressful environment, no recognition, hotel is not recognized
Horrible work environment
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WASeptember 15, 2017
Management was terrible. She steals from the store, sells marijuana to guests, hires her family members for contract jobs and is very unhealthy to be around.
Pros
Nothing at this work place
Cons
terrible favortism
management
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2017
like working for children who fight and backstab and call each other and others names, constantly watching your back to not do anything that may set the manager off,
K.W. Made this place unbareable
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  BOYD COOPER PKWY MONTGOMERY ALSeptember 8, 2017
A typical day would start at 3pm. I check in guest for that day. Finished the laundry. Closed the books at night. The hardest part was working til 11pm every night
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
Hopeing your room didnt have bed bug
Lively and positive working environment with impartial and fair management, but poor pay.
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 6, 2017
I applaud the management for creating a job culture that is positive, respectful, fair, and honest. These are qualities anyone would hope to find in every job. The hospitality industry is not a very well-paying one which is unfortunate.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Poor pay, inadequate staffing
All of the employees were extremely nice.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 28, 2017
I loved my experience with Candlewood Suites. My co-workers and management we're all fantastic. I had gotten many online specific compliments which got me our first "employee of the month" award. I loved getting to know all of our guests and becoming to some extent a part of family to them. I will definitely miss working there however there was no opportunity for advancement within the company and I am trying to pull myself to higher means as I mature. Thank you for your consideration.
Pros
Customer interaction, employee relations, organization and teamwork
Cons
No room for advancement within the company.
okay work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALAugust 27, 2017
didnt like the job area, and the managers were not cooperative, and they never hired enough people, and the minute someone made a small mistake you were fired
Good work experience
House Person • Windsor Locks (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 26, 2017
I like the position but the management wasn't fair at any level. I would love to work for them again just different management. The rooms are nice and clean. Great customer service for guests. They try to be clean.
Pros
Learning how to work in the hotels buiness
Cons
Poor management on all levels
Easy Going, Stable
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Avondale, LAAugust 24, 2017
Candlewood Suites is a laid back hotel. Night audit is a good shift to work... Hours are stable from the Front office manager. Great place to work.. I would recommend as a great start for some on looking to get into the hotel industry.
Pros
Easy going, Employee rates on hotel Rooms. Hours are great, Pay raises
Fun job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
I love cleaning so it made me no diffence. It kept me busy.cleaning rooms the proper way.vacuuming and dusting was something we done daily as well as kept all sheets changed.
Pros
Made my own schedule
Cons
No consistent lunch breaks
The most amazing workplace I've ever experienced
Front Desk Receptionist/ Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 18, 2017
Everyone was always friendly and welcoming. The environment was always warm and felt like home. The guests were kind, curtious and treated us and other guests with respect. My co-workers were very enjoyable. Coming to work everyday was the highlight of my day.
Pros
Hotel stays, rich environment and amazing people
Cons
No Scheduled breaks
Fun work place with Friendly Staff
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 18, 2017
This is a great place to work. The guests are friendly due to being next to Disneyland so you see a lot of families. Management tries their best to accommodate you if you are trying to attend school or are requesting time off. The front desk really strives to work as a team and help each other out, here you can really depend on your co-workers.
Pros
The stuff we sell to guests(food items) are half price for us.
Cons
Small hotel
Management needed to clarify chain of command, and proceedure better.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Craft rd, Olivebranch MSAugust 13, 2017
Reorganize management, and procedures .I believe in training a person completely, of what their responsibilities are, and the correct way in which to carry out the tasks at hand.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Not enough hours
Good experience.
front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 10, 2017
Had a great time learning. It was a good place to work. Managers did great at communicating with us employees. Gave us fun work bbq's and had fun at our team meetings.
Pros
Employee lunches, bbq's
Cons
No healthcare
Laurens Review
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2017
I honestly loved working here for the reasons that I was always winning the monthly contests of most IHG enrollments and the fact that I was able to use my unique organization skills. The challenging part about the job was some times being over booked or having a challenging guest who had preferences that we may not have been able to fulfill due to the hotel already being booked. The management could have been a little more strict and cold have been more structured. Overall the workplace itself was very diverse it was also very fun and enjoyable due to the interaction with guests and the involvement of being able to apply my skills towards everything that I did. For example a typical day for me going into work was communicating with guests, answering phone calls, booking rooms, as well as checking guests out of rooms, helping house keeping with folding linens such as sheets and towels, stocking the cupboard with drinks, snacks, laundry supplies, and hygiene products for the guests to purchase and accommodating guests with their needs or requests to help make their stay more hospitable.In the end of my time working at Candle Wood I was able to learn that I am capable of showing others as well as myself that I can break out of my shell when it comes to being shy and that I fit well in that type of work environment due to my precise ways of always doing things through life.
Pros
Company events, compensation, and benefits for employees.
Cons
No breaks (including lunch breaks) because a lot of the time you were the only one at the desk
Nothing good to say
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 8, 2017
No hours, part time manager, treated like dirt, hopefully they can hire new people in the future that they will treat people fairly and respect them as well